View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 09:41 AM   #8
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [2022-2023] Manchester United ~ Transfer Rumors

Manchester United 'are confident of sealing a cut-price £50m deal for top target Frenkie de Jong' - despite the midfielder wanting to stay at Barcelona - as Erik ten Hag looks to replace Paul Pogba and Jesse Lingard this summer

* Manchester United are reportedly in talks to sign Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong
* The 25-year-old will need persuading as he revealed his desire to stay in Spain
* New United boss Erik ten Hag wants his former Ajax star to replace Paul Pogba
* The Red Devils are light in midfield with Pogba and Jesse Lingard both leaving

Manchester United are reportedly confident of sealing a cut price deal of £50million for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong to replace the outgoing Paul Pogba.

United are said to have opened talks with the Catalan giants about a potential deal with new boss Erik ten Hag needing to bring in midfielders this summer.

However, the 25-year-old may need more persuading to leave than Barca do to let him go after stating earlier this week that he is already at his 'dream club'.

The financially-crippled Spanish club needs to cut costs and boss Xavi is understood to be prepared to let the Dutch midfielder leave.

Although the former Ajax star would prefer to stay at the Nou Camp and battle for his place in the squad, new boss Erik ten Hag is keen to add the midfielder as a replacement for Pogba, according to The Sun.

De Jong, however, told ESPN earlier this week: 'I prefer to stay with Barcelona. Barcelona is just my dream club. Also from a young age. I just said it too.

'I've never regretted my choice despite the fact that I had hoped for more in terms of prizes than I've achieved so far. But I have never regretted my choice.'

The Holland international midfielder starred under Ten Hag at Ajax between 2016 and 2019 and is said to be available for around £65m if Barca can replace the 25-year-old with a major name.

Man United are confident of sealing a £50million deal for Barcelona star Frenkie de Jong. United's new boss Erik ten Hag is keen to add De Jong as a replacement for Paul Pogba. The Holland international midfielder starred under Ten Hag at Ajax between 2016 and 2019

De Jong made 47 appearances for Barcelona in all competitions this season, scoring four times from midfield.

He joined Barcelona from Ajax for £64m back in 2019, but the likes of Pedri and Gavi are ahead of him in the pecking order, therefore De Jong may have to make way in order for Barcelona to pursue targets such as Robert Lewandowski.

United have plenty of work to do in this transfer window after a miserable season with the new boss keen to revamp his squad.

One area where the Red Devils are extremely light is in midfield after confirming both Paul Pogba and Jesse Lingard have left the club while Nemanja Matic is also leaving.

The club acknowledged their departures in a statement, wishing them both well for the remainder of their careers.

'We'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Jesse for all of the memories he's helped create during his two decades here and wish him the best of luck in his future career,' United stated following the Lingard announcement.

And they also bid farewell to Pogba: 'Everyone at the club would like to congratulate Paul on his successful career, and thank him for his contributions to Manchester United.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10877767/Manchester-United-confident-cut-price-deal-50m-Barcelona-midfielder-Frenkie-Jong.html