View Single Post
Old 21-03-2017, 02:24 PM   #20
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Antoine Griezmann

Manchester United transfer target Antoine Griezmann says he 'dreams' of playing in England... but insists he does not want to leave Atletico Madrid

* Antoine Griezmann says he has 'dreamed' of playing in England since childhood
* The France forward is a transfer target for Manchester United
* Jose Mourinho is reportedly ready to trigger his £86million release clause
* But the 25-year-old says he does not to leave for the USA, China 'or elsewhere'

Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann has admitted he has 'dreamed' of playing in England since he was a child - but the France forward maintains he wants to remain at Atletico Madid.

After scoring 32 goals and leading Diego Simeone's side to the Champions League final last season, the France forward has continued his fine form into this campaign - netting 22 goals and registering 11 assists.

Griezmann is currently on international duty with France ahead of their matches against Luxembourg and Spain. But with United reportedly willing to trigger his £86million release clause this summer, speculation surrounding his future in Spain rumbles on.

Antoine Griezmann has scored 22 goals for Atletico Madrid in 40 appearances this season

Speaking on a webchat for L'Equipe, the 25-year-old admitted that he has dreamed of playing in England since he was young. But the forward said he has no intention of leaving Atletico.

On whether he would ever play for Real Madrid or Barcelona, Griezmann said: 'Why not? It's a dream to play for the biggest clubs and those two are up with Bayern [Munich] and English clubs that I have dreamed about since I was small.

'But I don't see myself at Barcelona or Real. Or anywhere else. I am happy in Spain. It's sunny – that helps. I need that to be in my private live and on the pitch. The two are linked.'

He added: 'I don't want to leave Atletico to go to Paris (Saint-Germain), China, the United States, Russia or elsewhere.'

Griezmann will have the chance to play in England next month, however, when his side take on Leicester in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

Craig Shakespeare's side are the last Premier League side left in the competition after they overcame Sevilla in the last 16.

Griezmann expects a tough test when they face the English champions for a place in the last four. And he highlighted England striker Jamie Vardy as a particular threat they will need to deal with.

'If we want to reach the final like last year, we need to beat everyone,' he said.

'Upfront they have pace with Vardy, [Riyad] Mahrez is a great player. At the back they're strong. It will be tough to get past them. I watched the match against Sevilla – from dead balls they can cause us damage.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4332210/Man-Utd-target-Antoine-Griezmann-England-dream.html