View Single Post
Old 29-03-2019, 09:30 AM   #6
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toby Alderweireld

Juventus 'to make £26m move for Toby Alderweireld' as Italian giants look to take advantage of Tottenham defender's attractive release clause

* Juventus are lining up a £26m swoop for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld
* Manchester United's interest in the 30-year-old Belgian continues to diminish
* He can go for just £26m after Spurs extended his contract at the turn of the year
* Juve are looking to sign two new defenders to replace their current ageing stars

Juventus are lining up a £26million summer swoop for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld as Manchester United's interest in the Belgian continues to diminish.

United had held a long-term interest in the 30-year-old but newly-appointed permanent manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has overseen an improvement in defence since his arrival in December.

That has led to the Norwegian targeting other areas for his recruitment plan this summer with a right back, central midfield and possibly a right winger high up on the list of positions he wishes to strengthen.

Juventus are lining up a £26m summer swoop for Tottenham defender Toby Alderweireld. His deal was extended to 2020 at the turn of the year but that activated a £26m release clause

Now, according to The Mirror, Juventus are considering taking advantage of Alderweireld's attractive £26m buyout clause.

His contract was extended to 2020 at the turn of the year after Tottenham triggered a clause, but in doing so also activated a £26m release clause in the summer transfer window.

Alderweireld has been an integral part of Mauricio Pochettino's plans this season, featuring 38 times in all competitions and any attempts to prise him away is likely to be met with opposition from the club.

Juve are hoping to recruit two new central defenders this summer who can act as long-term replacements for veterans Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci.

Speaking ahead of Belgium's European Qualifiers against Russia and Cyprus last week, the defender chose to remain coy when asked about his long-term future.

'There's a lot to play for this season. And in the end I have a year contract left at Spurs, so I don't look further than this season,' he told Sky Sports.

'Other things I don't know. I am very happy at Spurs, so we will see what the future brings.

'I still feel very fit. I think I played a lot of minutes this season so I showed that I am fit - I don't feel 30, I feel younger.

'So as I said, I am very happy and I just try to watch game-by-game. This season there is a lot to play for so I will give my best for that.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6862665/Juventus-make-26m-Tottenham-defender-Toby-Alderweireld.html
tuh...gak gercep bisa disikat Juve nih