View Single Post
Old 21-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manchester United under Solskjaer

'We have the best goalkeeper in the world': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer praises David de Gea... and remembers 'little kid' Jesse Lingard clattering a centre back on his reserves debut

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claimed David de Gea is the best goalkeeper in the world
* The former United player also recalled giving Jesse Lingard his reserves debut
* Solskjaer has enjoyed seeing striker Marcus Rashford's rise to the first-team
* The Norwegian was the United reserves manager back in the summer of 2008

New Manchester United interim boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he has the best goalkeeper in the world in David de Gea.

In his first interview since taking over at Old Trafford, the former United player also recalled giving Jesse Lingard his reserves debut against Burnley and spoke of his enjoyment at seeing Marcus Rashford's rise to the first-team.

Solskjaer told MUTV: 'I have spoken to David and Emilio (Alvarez, goalkeeping coach) and he loves Emilio, he really, really is so complimentary about him.

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has said he has the best goalkeeper in the world. Solskjaer joked that he might have to do some finishing training to keep the keeper in check

'We have one of the best goalkeepers, the best goalkeeper in the world.

'He has been player of the year so many times over I think eight years, and he is still a young keeper developing so that’s fantastic for me to come in.

'Maybe I’ll have to do some finishing training with him just to peg him down a little bit!'

Solskjaer was the United reserves manager in the summer of 2008 after he called time on his own trophy-laden playing career.

The former United player also recalled giving Jesse Lingard his reserves debut against Burnley

Solskjaer revealed that he watched Marcus Rashford as a kid and has enjoyed his rise up ranks

The Norweigan boss spoke about coaching Lingard at reserve level, recalling: 'I gave him his debut in the reserves away at Burnley.

'Within two minutes that little tiny kid goes in for a 50/50 with a massive centre back and the little kid absolutely clattered him.

'I thought: "You have a chance". He showed me he had something.'

Solskjaer also revealed that he watched Rashford as a kid, remembering: 'I watched him when he was younger. He was really young. I’ve followed him closely and it’s great to see him where he is now.'

The former Norway international has replaced Mourinho, who was sacked on Tuesday - two days after the Red Devils lost 3-1 to Liverpool.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6517481/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-praises-David-Gea-enjoyed-watching-little-kid-Lingard.html