Thread: Marcus Rashford
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2021, 10:33 AM   #398
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

'I am embarrassed': Marcus Rashford breaks silence after Manchester United's humiliating 5-0 loss to Liverpool, reiterating Cristiano Ronaldo and Harry Maguire's message that the fans 'didn't deserve that' and urges club to 'redeem' themselves

* Manchester United are still reeling from their humiliating 5-0 loss to Liverpool
* The Red Devils were thrashed at Old Trafford by their fiercest rivals on Sunday
* Marcus Rashford has finally taken to Twitter to reveal his frustration at the result
* The 23-year-old admitted he was stunned into silence by the home defeat
* Harry Maguire, Cristiano Ronaldo and Luke Shaw all apologised after the game

Marcus Rashford has broken his silence after Manchester United's humiliating 5-0 home loss to Liverpool on Sunday, revealing he is still 'embarrassed' by the shock result.

The Red Devils were thrashed at Old Trafford by their fiercest rivals, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side were 4-0 down at half-time and Mohamed Salah completing a hat-trick in their fourth straight Premier League match without a victory.

Rashford, who came through the club's academy and started the match on Sunday, revealed he stunned into silence by the result but has urged the United squad to 'redeem' themselves with their disappointed supporters.

Marcus Rashford has broken his silence after Manchester United's 5-0 loss to Liverpool. Rashford admits he is still 'embarrassed' by the shock home defeat to United's arch-rivals. Rashford took to Twitter on Wednesday after admitting he was stunned into silence by the loss

The 23-year-old tweeted on Wednesday night: 'I can't lie you haven't heard from me on here because as a United fan I didn't really know what to say after Sunday. I was embarrassed. I am embarrassed.

'Our fans are everything and you didn't deserve that. We're working hard to try and fix this. We have to redeem ourselves.'

Rashford is one of several Manchester United players to apologise to their fans after the shock victory, which is Liverpool's biggest win at the home of the Red Devils in Premier League history.

Sunday afternoon was also the first time United have been four goals down at half-time since the top-flight was revamped in 1992.

The 23-year-old has urged his Manchester United team-mates to 'redeem' themselves

After the match, United captain Harry Maguire was the first Manchester United player to offer an apology to the Red Devils fans for the shocking result.

Speaking on Sky Sports, Maguire said: 'First and foremost, apologies to the fans. It's nowhere near good enough at this club. We are all disappointed.

'The only real thing is we have to apologise to the fans. They stuck right with us, singing and chanting at 5-0, but for us as a club we have to do better.'

'We are so disappointed, we gave them too many chances, they were really clinical. Defensively, and I'm a defender first and foremost, conceding four at home at Old Trafford is nowhere near good enough.

'As a player, I know myself, I will be looking at myself as an individual and the performance of the team, I'm the captain and I lead the boys. We have to come together and stick together.

'We have to look at each other and look at yourself in the mirror and think, what can you do better? It's not about looking elsewhere and blaming others.

'To lose to Liverpool, to lose in any game of football hurts this club. No matter who you are playing. Liverpool are our vials and the way we lost the game, to be 4-0 down in front of your own fans is not good enough.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10138239/Marcus-Rashford-breaks-silence-Man-Uniteds-5-0-loss-Liverpool-saying-embarrassed.html