Thread: David May
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: David May

Ho..ho..ho.., it's May !!!

Reds legend David May will take part in the Manchester United Foundation’s annual Santa Run when it returns for its 10th year on 4 December.

Ryan Giggs, Bryan Robson and, most recently, Denis Irwin have all previously been involved as official starters of the race in recent years, with the latter joined by 1,700 participants for last year's fundraiser.

Former United defender May - who has been regularly involved in Foundation work since retiring in 2006 - says he's looking forward to taking part in this year's event.

"I can't wait!" he said. "I know Denis did it last year, he joined in and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to it. The Foundation does a wonderful job across Greater Manchester, and for the ex-players to join in, it gives something back to the community.

“I think the good thing about this event is that all charities can benefit. The Santa Run is not just about raising money for the Foundation. Manchester is a great city to be able to bring people together and over the years it goes to show what the people of Manchester are all about; they give their hard-earned money to charities and without that the charities wouldn’t be able to continue the great work they do."

There are two runs to choose from: the main 5k event, which takes begins at Old Trafford before passing the sights of the Imperial War Museum, The Lowry and MediaCityUK, and finishing under the Stretford End; or the 2k Family Fun Run, in which entrants follow the perimeter of the stadium.

Alongside the event, there will be a host of festive activities and entertainment, including a brass band playing Christmas songs, plus a chance for children to visit 'Santa's grotto'. As always, participants can raise money for the Foundation or a charity of their choice.

http://www.manutd.com/
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote