Thread: Scott McTominay
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #10
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Scott McTominay

MCTOMINAY THRILLED BY FULL UNITED DEBUT

Youngster Scott McTominay was thrilled to make his first Manchester United start in Sunday's 2-0 win over Crystal Palace on the final day of the league season.

The 20-year-old midfielder, who made his debut away at Arsenal earlier this month, was handed a maiden start in the middle of the park alongside Paul Pogba and acquitted himself well in playing the full 90 minutes.

"It was an absolutely brilliant experience; being able to go out there in front of 75,000 to make your first full start was a dream come true," he told MUTV after the game.

"I want to thank the manager for having the faith to put the young players in and it was truly an amazing experience."

McTominay was not alone in making his senior Old Trafford bow as he lined up alongside fellow Academy graduates Demi Mitchell and Josh Harrop, who were later joined by Angel Gomes.

"It was nice to be alongside Demi, Angel and Josh, who scored, which was fantastic for him," McTominay added. "Every day when you are in the gym and out running, you dream about these days and you want more of them.

"Being here since I was little and working my way through the age groups, to now make my full first-team debut really is a dream come true."

His recent first-team exploits have added gloss to what has been a productive season for McTominay, who believes this year has made him a better player after playing in a number of different roles.

"I am a central midfielder but I am happy to do whatever I can to help the manager and the team. I think playing up front for the Reserves has probably helped me grow as a player," he added. "Now it is time to rest and hopefully kick on into next year and target a breakthrough into the first team."

McTominay was also keen to praise the more experienced pros in the side who helped guide him and the other youngsters through the game and who continue to provide inspiration.

"Paul Pogba and Wayne Rooney were brilliant and Michael Carrick too when he came on," the youngster added. "Playing alongside them and being able to learn from them is great as they are top players. Just watching them train and the way they go about their game gives you something to learn from."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote