View Single Post
Old 15-11-2014, 12:46 AM   #8
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Tony Strudwick (Head of fitness and conditioning)

14/11/2014 - ManUtd.com, Mark Froggatt
Hodgson pays tribute to Strudwick and Thornley

England manager Roy Hodgson has paid tribute to Manchester United pair Rod Thornley and Tony Strudwick after the FA confirmed both will end their involvement with the national side following Tuesday’s friendly with Scotland.

Sports therapist Thornley is the younger brother of ex-Reds winger Ben, who made 14 appearances for the club in the 1990s. He has worked within England’s backroom team since August 2001.*

Strudwick, meanwhile, was brought into Hodgson’s staff as a fitness coach, on a short-term contract ahead of last summer’s FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Speaking about their departures on Friday, Hodgson said: “I’d like to express my gratitude to both Rod and Tony for their conscientious efforts during their time with the national team.

“I’d also like to thank Manchester United for allowing them to be part of our backroom staff. We’re sorry to lose them and wish them both the best for their future endeavours.”
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote