Thread: Daley Blind
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 08:33 AM   #225
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Daley Blind

Former Manchester United defender Daley Blind completes shock move to Bayern Munich, signing a six month contract after terminating his Ajax deal early to become a free agent

* German giants Bayern Munich have signed Daley Blind on a six month contract
* Blind agreed to terminate his Ajax deal six months early to become a free agent
* The ex-Manchester United star attended the club on Thursday for his medical

Bayern Munich have signed Daley Blind on a six month contract after he left Ajax.

The former Manchester United star recently agreed to terminate his Ajax contract six months early to become a free agent, bringing the curtain down on trophy-laden four-year spell at his boyhood club.

The Holland international had been linked with numerous clubs, but the defender has decided to join the Bundesliga giants.

The 32-year-old star arrived in Munich ahead on Thursday ahead of his medical at the club.

Bayern Munich have signed Daley Blind (above) on a six month contract after he left Ajax. Blind agreed to terminate his Ajax contract six months early to become a free agent

The defender then signed a six month contract with the German giants - who are sitting top of the table.

Blind, who was a regular for Holland during the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, will bolster boss Julian Nagelsmann's options in both defence and midfield.

The 32-year-old will be eager to hit the ground running and help the German side secure an 11th consecutive Bundesliga title.

He will be a huge boost with injuries to key players such as Lucas Hernandez and Manuel Neuer already ahead of their return to league action - therefore he could prove a strong addition to replace Hernandez.

Blind came through Ajax's academy, made 333 appearances for the Amsterdam club between two four-year spells at the club – from 2008 to 2014 and then 2018 to 2022 – where he became an Eredivisie champion on seven different occasions.

He also won the KNVB Cup and Johan Cruyff shield twice, while he also was named as Ajax's player of the year in 2013 before Eredivisie's player of the year in 2014. Blind scored 13 goals for Ajax.

Blind will bolster Bayern boss Julian Nagelsmann's options in both defence and midfield. The 32-year-old became an Eredivisie champion on seven different occasions at Ajax

In between his two Ajax spells, Blind enjoyed a four-year stint at Old Trafford, where he won the FA Cup, Carabao Cup, Europa League and Community Shield under Jose Mourinho – the last pieces of silverware the Red Devils have won.

Blind posted an emotional farewell after terminating his contract last month, which read: 'With pain in my heart and tears in my eyes I have to say goodbye to the club.

'Amsterdammers are often direct and demanding. That is also allowed, I like that and that is why I can always be honest with you. Together we have a special relationship and that was not always easy for me.

'Sometimes I had the feeling that I was playing against some of you and sometimes I felt that I was criticised just a little faster than many other players.

'That is absolutely not why I'm leaving. I am also grateful to you. The times you chanted my name I got goosebumps over and over. I am proud to have been part of this. It was an incredible time.

'This is not how I imagined my end at Ajax, but due to 'circumstances' it turned out that way. I hope the right time will come to say goodbye to you. Make sure Ajax stays Ajax.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11604851/Daley-Blind-completes-shock-Bayern-Munich-signing-six-month-contract.html