View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 09:46 AM   #20
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Leicester City F.C - News and Rumors

Memang lebih baik menang 1-0, 1-0 juga menandakan ciri2 tim juara

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Leicester City will be deserving Premier League title winners and says Foxes' spirit reminds him of his Manchester United teams

• Former Manchester United boss says Leicester will be deserved champions
  • Foxes hold a five-point lead at the top with seven matches to play
  • Ferguson says Claudio Ranieri's men remind him of his United teams
  • He praised Leicester defenders Wes Morgan and Robert Huth
  • But Scot predicts there may be a few twists and turns in title race yet

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Leicester City will go on to claim a deserved Premier League triumph and says their togetherness reminds him of his title-winning teams at Manchester United.

The Foxes are five points clear of Tottenham at the summit with seven matches to play and are closing in on a miraculous title win that would count among English football's greatest accomplishments.

And though Ferguson - who guided United to 13 league successes in his 26 years at Old Trafford - foresees a few more twists and turns, he predicts Claudio Ranieri's men will hold on.

The Scot told Sky Sports: 'It'll be testing times for them. They have to get it in their mind that they'll drop a point or two, they may drop three points, they may lose a game.

'But others will drop points, that's the name of the game in the Premier League. It's a tough league.

'I can only see Tottenham as being the danger to be honest with you. At the moment they're playing some of the best football I've seen from any Tottenham team in many years.

'But Leicester I think have got the edge. I think they've got that togetherness.'

Leicester's last three wins - over Watford, Newcastle United and Crystal Palace - have all come by a 1-0 scoreline and Ferguson views this ability to grind out wins as essential.

He added: 'I think it was 1996-97 we won eight games 1-0 and won the league. These are championship-winning games without question.

'The consistency has been there all season. If they retain that consistency I can't see anything going wrong for them.'

That theory will be put to the test in the weeks to come, with Leicester playing Southampton, Sunderland, West Ham and Swansea in April.

Quote:
LEICESTER'S 7 STEPS TO HEAVEN?
April 3 Southampton (H)
April 10 Sunderland (A)
April 17 West Ham (H)
April 24 Swansea City (H)
May 1 Manchester United (A)
May 7 Everton (H)
May 15 Chelsea (A)
They will hope to have the title wrapped up before a tricky final trio of fixtures against United, Everton and Chelsea.

And while it is the goals of Jamie Vardy and magic of Riyad Mahrez that has propelled Leicester towards a historic title, Ferguson praised their watertight defence.

He said: They've got the experience of [Robert] Huth and [Wes] Morgan at the back. They know how to head the ball clear, they know how to tackle, they know how to defend.

'Leicester have got the bit between their teeth and I think they've been the best team without question throughout the season and they deserve to win it.'

HTML Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3516820/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-believes-Leicester-City-deserving-Premier-League-title-winners-says-Foxes-spirit-reminds-Manchester-United-teams.html