View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 10:09 AM   #1814
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: David Robert Joseph Beckham

'It's a dream job, of course I would think about it': David Beckham says he would consider becoming England manager if ever offered the role

* David Beckham has admitted he would love to manage England one day
* However, he questioned whether he had the ability to perform the role
* Beckham also provided high praise for Gareth Southgate and his players

David Beckham admitted that managing England would be a 'dream job' but conceded he did not know whether he had the ability to succeed at it.

The former national captain, who earned 115 caps, also praised the work done by Gareth Southgate in leading England to the World Cup semi-finals and the Nations League finals.

Beckham also felt that, back in his playing days, he was seen by executives as a potential future leader of the national side.

David Beckham expressed interest in managing England but praised Gareth Southgate's work

Beckham told GQ Magazine: 'I think some people within the FA saw me possibly as a future England manager, just because maybe I had had a successful career being England captain.

'If someone turned around to me and said, "If the England job came up, would you take it?", I mean of course I would think about it, because I'm a passionate Englishman and I'm passionate about our national side, but would I be any good at it? Who knows?

'It's a dream job, but Gareth is doing the most incredible job for us right now. He's brought energy and excitement back into the game and the fans – myself included – are enjoying that.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7423343/David-Beckham-says-consider-England-manager-offered-role.html