View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Manchester United's hierarchy

JOHN ALEXANDER TO RETIRE IN SEPTEMBER

Manchester United's club secretary John Alexander is to retire in September.

The 61-year-old became only the fifth different secretary at United since 1926, when being appointed in 2010 following a spell in the same position at Tottenham Hotspur.

Alexander, who had a playing career with Millwall, Reading and Northampton Town, will continue to act as a consultant to the club when he retires.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "John is universally respected and admired throughout the game as being at the top of his profession. His know-how and intelligence have allowed him successfully to manage the transition from the traditional, authoritarian figure of the old club secretary to make sure that the office meets the demands of the modern game.

"Never afraid to challenge the existing order and to innovate in the way the club operates, his unrivalled experience has enabled us to make huge strides forward in the way the football club works.

"I am delighted that we have persuaded him to continue in a consultative capacity. His invaluable advice will be accessible both to me and his successor. We wish him and [his wife] Cathy every happiness in retirement. They will always be welcome at Old Trafford."

John Alexander said: "I didn't take this decision lightly, I want Cathy and I to be able to spend more time together. I’d like to thank the owners, Ed and Jose Mourinho for understanding my wish to retire and for offering me the chance to continue my association with the club and the game as a consultant.

"I have had the privilege of working for some of the best clubs and some of the greatest managers in the game, I feel honoured to have had such a wonderful career. I am equally sure that Cathy and I will enjoy this new chapter in our lives."

www.manutd.com

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

JOHN ALEXANDER TO RETIRE IN SEPTEMBER

Manchester United's club secretary John Alexander is to retire in September.

The 61-year-old became only the fifth different secretary at United since 1926, when being appointed in 2010 following a spell in the same position at Tottenham Hotspur.

Alexander, who had a playing career with Millwall, Reading and Northampton Town, will continue to act as a consultant to the club when he retires.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "John is universally respected and admired throughout the game as being at the top of his profession. His know-how and intelligence have allowed him successfully to manage the transition from the traditional, authoritarian figure of the old club secretary to make sure that the office meets the demands of the modern game.

"Never afraid to challenge the existing order and to innovate in the way the club operates, his unrivalled experience has enabled us to make huge strides forward in the way the football club works.

"I am delighted that we have persuaded him to continue in a consultative capacity. His invaluable advice will be accessible both to me and his successor. We wish him and [his wife] Cathy every happiness in retirement. They will always be welcome at Old Trafford."

John Alexander said: "I didn't take this decision lightly, I want Cathy and I to be able to spend more time together. I’d like to thank the owners, Ed and Jose Mourinho for understanding my wish to retire and for offering me the chance to continue my association with the club and the game as a consultant.

"I have had the privilege of working for some of the best clubs and some of the greatest managers in the game, I feel honoured to have had such a wonderful career. I am equally sure that Cathy and I will enjoy this new chapter in our lives."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote