Thread: James Wilson
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 04:16 PM   #20
troy andreas

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter
Default Re: James Wilson

Wilson eyes aerial improvement

James Wilson is hoping to score more headed goals next season after being praised by coach Nicky Butt for his aerial prowess.

Butt, who was in charge of the UEFA Youth League side captained by the striker last term, was filmed by ITV's Life of Ryan documentary discussing the teenager's merits ahead of his dream two-goal debut against Hull City in May.

"Wilson is unbelievable in the six-yard box," commented Butt. "He's got the best standing spring you've ever seen in your life."

The leading Under-21s scorer noticeably put his aerial ability to good use in a defensive capacity as the campaign wore on but only one of his impressive haul of 24 goals was a header - which came in a 2-1 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk's Under-19s in Ukraine.

"I was first put in there in pre-season at the near post," he explained to ManUtd.com, when discussing defending set-pieces. "Like Robin van Persie does for the first team.

"I shied away from a couple in the friendlies and they criticised me for that. Obviously, the coaches continued to put me there and I’ve worked on it a bit and have found myself clearing a lot more balls.

"In terms of the other end, I can only remember one headed goal all season, at Shakhtar Donetsk. I’ve got an alright leap and I can flick on goal-kicks and do well defensively. Attacking-wise, it seems to have not been falling for me but I don’t know why I haven't scored many headers. Hopefully, that will change."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Jun/james-wilson-targets-more-headed-goals.aspx?newsid=9940F35C-2B85-4A10-AF2D-33901C991C0F

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote