View Single Post
Old 23-10-2019, 10:15 AM   #1102
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paul Labile Pogba

'He may not win games like Lionel Messi... but Manchester United need to keep him': David Moyes says Paul Pogba has to stay at Old Trafford as he is their 'best midfield player'

* Real Madrid and Juventus are thought to be interested in signing Paul Pogba
* Opinion has been divided over the midfielder since he returned to Old Trafford
* But David Moyes is convinced he is Manchester United's best midfielder

David Moyes believes Manchester United have to keep hold of Paul Pogba despite the midfielder not being a match-winner like Lionel Messi.

Real Madrid have been credited with a serious interest in the midfielder, with Zinedine Zidane understood to be a huge fan, and Juventus are also thought to be keen on bringing him back to Italy.

And in the time he has been at United, opinion has been divided over the value Pogba brings to the side.

But former United manager Moyes thinks it would be a bad idea to let him join one of his suitors.

He told talkSPORT: 'Pogba is still Manchester United's best midfield player.

'He could probably play for any team in the world, certainly in Europe. He'd get a game for any team.

'I'm not always sure he's a player who's consistent and makes the difference all the time.

David Moyes believes Manchester United have to keep hold of Paul Pogba despite interest. Moyes admitted Pogba often did not win games himself like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo. But the former United manager is convinced Pogba is their most important midfielder

'For the profile he's got, you're hoping he makes the difference. He doesn't always make the difference, but do I think he should stay at Manchester United? Yes, I do.'

Pogba has been out of United's last eight games with an ankle issue and could be out for a while longer after being spotted with a walking stick before the game against Liverpool.

Moyes is convinced he will be one of the first names on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team-sheet when he does return.

He added: 'I don't think he wins games like Messi does for Barcelona or [Cristiano] Ronaldo does for Juventus, but I still think he's a really talented player. He's got a lot to give.

'Watching him at his best was when he was at Juventus, he played a little bit further forward, he got nearer the box more often.

'If you were picking the Manchester United team, Pogba would be in their midfield at the moment, that's for sure.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7600883/Paul-Pogba-stay-Manchester-United-despite-not-Messi-style-match-winner-David-Moyes.html