View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 12:28 AM   #7
drivemein
first team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Re: Danny Welbeck

Welbeck taking plenty of tips from the master
-givemefootball.com-

Manchester United - Danny Welbeck is learning a lot from Michael Owen

Sir Alex Ferguson’s decision to throw Michael Owen a Premier League and Champions League lifeline in the summer raised more than a few eyebrows.

Many so-called experts couldn’t grasp the concept behind the move, and wondered how and where Owen would fit in.

And whilst the former Liverpool goal machine has yet to make a massive impact for United on the pitch – he’s certainly having an influence off it.

United youngster Danny Welbeck admits he is learning all the time from watching and playing with Owen on the training pitch.

The 19-year-old has also had the ‘honour’ of playing alongside the England international on numerous occasions, mainly in the Carling Cup.

Welbeck’s game is improving all the time and Sir Alex has every faith that the striker, like many of his current crop of stars, will make the grade.

Much of that development, says Danny, is down to a golden opportunity he has been presented with – that of learning from the master marksman!

Welbeck told the club’s official website: “He (Owen) is a world class finisher. If he misses one opportunity he never hides, he’s always there to get himself in the right position for the next one.

“His movement off the ball is fantastic… it’s great to just watch him. I’ve been watching and learning.”

“He doesn’t take many touches in the box, he catches the keeper off-guard with quick-fire shots – just like he did for his goal at Barnsley. That stood out for me, and I consider myself fortunate to be working alongside him.”
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote