United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United News

Old 16-07-2022, 02:06 AM   #201
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Manchester United Women's Team

Ditambahkan lagi deh foto-fotonya Grace Clinton

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2022, 06:21 AM   #202
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Kirsty Smith resmi pindah ke tim wanita West Ham United.
Terima kasih atas dedikasinya terhadap tim wanita Man United selama ini ya Mbakyu..

Old 13-09-2022, 11:25 PM   #203
Andi Istiabudi
manager

'AFFORDABLE, ACCESSIBLE, ENJOYABLE': UNITED WOMEN ARE READY TO INSPIRE

Manchester United Women’s league season will finally get under way this weekend, when Marc Skinner’s team welcome Reading to Leigh Sports Village (Saturday 17 September, 12:00 BST).

The side were due to kick off last Saturday with a trip to Tottenham Hotspur, but all Women’s Super League fixtures were postponed as a mark of respect following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

But the positive for the Reds is that we’ll now start 2022/23 at home, and hardcore United Women fan Deb Henry is hoping the club can maximise the buzz around England’s Euro 2022 success and get more people down to cheer the team on.

“There’s been a great number of tickets sold for the first home game as Leigh,” she says, excitedly. “Thankfully now there is a shuttle bus that runs between Old Trafford and Leigh too, so that will really help people [to get to the ground].

“But it's about sustaining that: getting people in the door and getting them to come back again. If we're not going to maximise the Euros, then what else can we use?!

“It's affordable. It's probably the most accessible top-level football. People talk about ‘let's get little girls to games and inspire them,’ but let's not limit it. Let's get little boys there too, so they can see women's football is enjoyable. So that it becomes normal for them.”

United Women finished fourth in the WSL last term – just a few points shy of the third position that would have entitled us to a Champions League spot for the very first time. But Henry believes the Reds are going places under Skinner, who is preparing for his second season in charge.

“This time last year we were all a bit anxious,” she admits. “We didn't know what our level was. We didn't know what we could achieve. A lot of people were saying: If we get top half, we'll be happy.

“But if not for a few really disappointing draws, we could have ended up with Champions League football. We were close. I know that doesn't count for anything, but I'd like to think we can push on this year. For me, it's down to the players.

“As a person, I like him [Skinner]. We were at risk of stagnating with Casey [Stoney], I think, and I like what he's done. I like the way we play, I think he's done a great job and he’s doing a great job. I hope he can bring success to the club.”

And if you are one of those people who is yet to experience a United Women game, Henry has a word or two of encouragement.

“In terms of atmosphere, we like to think every fan can get the experience they want,” she explains. “That might be: 'I'm just going to sit very quietly with my family and enjoy the game, and get a few autographs at the end.’

“But if you want to go and sing with people, you can do that as well. We don't say: ‘This is the way it is.’ If you want to come on your own, there will be other people who are more than happy for you to stand with them.

“When the team was first reformed, it wasn't me that was saying: ‘Let's go.’ It was my husband. He was saying: ‘It's £39 for a season ticket, let's do it.’ At the time, I was thinking: that could be a men’s game on Saturday and a women’s game on Sunday.

“Now in hindsight I realise that's actually good thing! A lot of us [United Women] fans have said we didn't expect to be taken with the team as quickly as we have been. There was a moment very early on, just realising how much it meant to me, how much it meant to us all. It caught me out.

“The players give you their all. They wear the badge with pride.”

COME TO SEE UNITED WOMEN

Tickets for United v Reading in the Women's Super League this Saturday 17 September at 12:00 BST are on sale to all supporters, online via tickets.manutd.com, and hospitality seats are available in shared Executive Boxes.

Coach travel from Old Trafford to Leigh Sports Village can also be booked in advance.

www.manutd.com
Old 19-09-2022, 09:20 AM   #204
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United 4-0 Reading: England hero Alessia Russo gets in on the goals as Marc Skinner's side lay down a marker for a WSL title bid with a rampant performance

* Manchester United hit four first half goals to beat Reading in WSL opener
* Maya Le Tissier hits a double on her debut and Katie Zelem scores from the spot
* Euro 2022 hero Alessia Russo completed the rout with header before half time

It was this very fixture that opened the WSL season last year with an attendance of just over 2,000 on a Friday night under the Sky Sports cameras.

Fast forward a year and over 5,000 fans were inside Leigh Sports Village as Marc Skinner's Man Utd got their season started with a thumping victory over Reading.

It wouldn't take a genius to know why the numbers had nearly tripled, as young boys and girls queued up in the car park from as early as 10am to get a glimpse of England's Euro 2022 stars, with the trio of Mary Earps, Alessia Russo and Ella Toone all in the United starting eleven and new signing Nikita Parris on the bench.

Alessia Russo nods home Manchester United's fourth goal in the opening day win over Reading. Russo and fellow England 2022 star Ella Toone were on show in United's 4-0 victory

Tucked away on the outskirts of Wigan, this Saturday lunchtime kick-off in the early autumn sunshine showed the early impact of the Lionesses summer success.

Toone, the local girl and scorer of England's opening goal in the final against Germany at Wembley, arrived to the loudest cheers but it was the new signing from Brighton, Maya Le Tissier, who got the show started with the opening goal.

Though from Guernsey just like Matt, the 20-year-old centre half bears no relation with the former Southampton forward however her first half brace on debut was something her namesake would certainly have been proud of as a centre forward.

The first, four minutes in, was an audacious back heel from Katie Zelem's corner that looped over Grace Moloney and into the back of the Reading net.

Maya Le Tissier enjoyed a Man Utd debut to remember by netting twice for the Red Devils

Zelem - the United skipper - doubled the lead on her 100th appearance for United from twelve yards out after Toone and Russo combined and Russo went down under a challenge from Moloney in the box.

The Reading keeper was adamant she got a touch on the ball but she couldn't get a touch on Zelem's superb spot kick into the top left corner.

Ten minutes later, Zelem and Le Tissier were at it again from another corner as Le Tissier converted a free header.

United were cruising, with the visitors struggling to keep possession of any kind and shortly after, Reading's strategy of playing three at the back was exploited again with the Spanish duo of Lucia Garcia and Ona Batlle combining. Battle drove down the right flank and sent in a delightful cross for Russo to head in at the near post.

By half time, United were four goals to the good and the game was all but done.

Katie Zelem nets from the spot to score the second goal in a first half that saw United net four

Before the game Zelem was presented with an award for her 100th appearance for the club

This was a ground that saw 15 goals across the four games it staged in Euro 2022 but despite their dominance, United didn't to add to their tally after the break. Parris and Canadian forward Adriana Leon came on to make their United debuts as Skinner made all five substitutions.

The players embarked on a lap of honour after the full time whistle, signing autographs and taking pictures, much to the joy of the record-breaking crowd. In the end, the official attendance figure of 5,315 (7217 tickets were sold) was a Man Utd record at the ground.

'When I walked out of the tunnel today with the fans there, it was a special moment. The whole of the other side was filled. It was a real rare experience for us as a team and I asked the players to give them the energy to keep feeding off. We have to be the spark to keep them coming back and especially in the first half, we did that,' said Skinner.

If United carry on playing the way they did, in their quest to finally break into the WSL top three and get a European spot, that's a record that will no doubt be broken again this campaign.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11222063/Man-United-lay-marker-title-bid-thrashing-Reading-WSL-opener.html
Old 25-09-2022, 06:14 PM   #205
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SKINNER'S PRE-MATCH INTERVIEW: WEST HAM (A)

Manchester United Women’s head coach Marc Skinner has urged his side to back up last weekend’s season-opening win with a performance that can build momentum against West Ham this afternoon.

The Reds head to the Irons’ Chigwell Construction Stadium in the WSL (15:00 BST) looking to make it two wins from two in the new season, following last Saturday’s 4-0 triumph over Reading.

Despite that, our head coach says the Reds are under no illusions about the magnitude of the challenge that awaits later, against a side that also enjoyed success on the opening weekend.

Marc has underlined the fact that United will have to be at our best to take maximum points in any fixture across the division this season, in a league where “at any time, anyone can win”.

The boss gave his thoughts on the WSL’s opening weekend and why it was a reinforced "warning" to every team about the quality across the league, this afternoon’s fixture, reuniting with Kirsty Smith and more in an exclusive pre-match interview with club media, which you can see in full below…

Marc, let’s reflect briefly on that magnificent season opener last Saturday, I’m sure the morale in the squad has been great this week?
“Yeah, look, we were devastating for the first half and Reading came, they had a very clear game plan to come and stifle us and then counter attack and Reading, I’ve always found a very difficult team to play against. So, all credit to the girls, we started with real energy, commitment to what we’re trying to achieve this year. Second half, we would like to be better, we want to be as consistent as we were in the first half, but Reading changed their strategy and tried to destroy what we could do. But the energy was great. In our pre-game meeting, we always have a five-minute meeting, the girls came in and I left them for about 90 seconds because the energy, the way they were vibing off each other, the conversation, was so good. I reminded them of it at the end of it rather than stop them and start the meeting. So, that showed where they were at and it was a really positive start from us.”

There’s always been quite a good vibe in the squad and that was obviously clear at the beginning of that game…
“It is and you see their connections. And we’re forming new ones because we have new players but all credit to the players, they did exactly what we asked of them in the first half, they did so well, and the game was done by 35 minutes. You know as a professional team, you should never feel like that, and I don’t think we did, but, second half, we tried to keep probing, we could have scored again. So, all in all, it was a really positive start and more importantly, I think I was really pleased with the clean sheet. The clean sheet is important.”

There were a few debuts handed out as well, especially Maya Le Tissier, you must be pleased with the impact she’s had already…
“I am and my job is to stay balanced, the whole reason we signed Maya was because we see that talent and all the work Brighton have done beforehand, all the work she’s done with her family getting herself to here. Our job is now to take her on a step and keep progressing her. It was a great start. I’m pretty sure if you’d have asked her if she’d have kept a clean sheet and scored two [she’d have taken that]. Her dad came up too, he surprised her, so that was a really nice moment. She’s great, but it’s a good start and that’s all it is. We want to keep getting down to work and focusing on the next game.”

We spoke to Millie Turner earlier this week, she’s delighted to be back on the grass, back in the team. It must be like having a new signing…

“It really is and I think what Millie gave to the team [against Reading] was a real solid kind of aura. She played the ball at the right time, kept them calm at the back, communicated very well, and these are simple things that we sometimes overlook. But she gave that calmness to the backline, it’s great to have her back and her energy is great anyway – anyone who knows Millie knows that she’s got a great energy.”

Onto this week now, how has training been and are there any fresh injuries?
“No fresh injuries. Grace [Clinton] had a little bit of a throat infection so missed a couple of days training, so she probably won’t travel with the squad this week, which is fine. Rachel Williams continues to progress on the field with Aoife [Mannion]. Apart from that, everyone else should be fit and raring to go. Again, energy has been great, we’ve just finished a session out there (on Friday) and they were excellent in that, [it is] a good kind of progression from last week.”

We face West Ham on Sunday, how important is it to build on last week’s result and develop momentum?
“The most important. We have to put back-to-back performances on again and continue to do that. If we’re serious about what we want to achieve this year, our players have to be in a mode where we go into West Ham – difficult environment to go into, they’ve just won there so it’s going to be a difficult game – [and] we have to show our qualities and find ways of winning that game too. I know how difficult it’s going to be, and we say this every week but I think it shows… when you look at the Chelsea result and the Manchester City result last week, nobody would expect that. So, it was a warning to everybody in the league that at any time, anybody can win in this league. So, we have to do everything we can to control the performance and put that into trying to win the game.”

One of our newest signings could be playing against their former team, Adriana Leon, is that something you consider? Does that give her extra ammunition in her mindset?

“I don’t consider that in terms of, there’s no nostalgia in the decision-making process. You would consider it but it won’t be a factor in my selection for this weekend. Dri’s quality will be a factor in my selection for this weekend because she has lots and lots of great, great qualities and that’s the whole reason we signed her. She’s going to be great for this club. What we’re trying to do is make sure everybody has a growth moment and then we can see that and put them in at the right time. We have to do that for our forwards, we’ve got a lot of quality in that front line now. But Adriana, should she start, or should she come into the game, I’m sure she’ll give absolute quality for this team because she’s a quality player.”

West Ham have also got a quality set of players, including former Red Kirsty Smith. Does that help you prepare, knowing how they are likely to play?

“Unfortunately, not because they have used different systems in pre-season, they changed their system against Everton last weekend too, so no, it doesn’t. We know Kirsty Smith and it was right for Kirsty in this moment to get more playing time but she’s a great player, a great girl, so I’m sure before and after the game, there will be moments where we can share a hello, but actually in the game we have got to do everything we can to try and exploit West Ham. We have to stay focused on what we can achieve in this game and that is to put the best performance in to get us all three points.”

It's now ended up being our first away game of the season, are you excited to get back out on the road?

“We are and we know the fans will be there in full voice as they always are. But again, we will need them because we are not expecting to go to any ground this year and be comfortable in what we’re doing, we have to earn that right and the fans’ voice behind us has to be that extra impetus as they always are. So, I’m looking forward to hearing them on the road as well. They were magnificent [against Reading], the fans that turned up to Leigh Sports Village made it a real great event for all of us and I think that spurred the players on. They felt the energy, especially when they got out of their cars. All of their fans were waiting for them and cheering them, and I felt that energy and that’s what they continued into our meeting and into the game. So, we’re going to feel their energy against West Ham, use that energy and try and put the best performance in.”

I was going to say, are you looking forward to hearing them on the road, but do you think, after the Euros especially, we’ll start to see many more fans both travelling and going to see the home games?
“We’d love that. One thing I love about our fans is that they sing their hearts out anyway. We want more fans to keep coming and we want to keep growing but our away fans definitely have the loudest voices [of all away fans], so we want to make sure we can feel that, use that and put that on West Ham.”

www.manutd.com
Old 08-10-2022, 06:27 AM   #206
Andi Istiabudi
manager

CONFIRMED: WHEN UNITED WOMEN WILL FACE VILLA AT OLD TRAFFORD

The date and time of Manchester United’s WSL match against Aston Villa at Old Trafford has now been confirmed.

The Reds will take on the Villans at the Theatre of Dreams at 12:30 GMT on Saturday 3 December and it will be broadcast live on Sky Sports in the UK.

Our clash with Villa was originally pencilled in for the Sunday of that weekend but has been moved forward just under 24 hours following the announcement of the latest TV picks.

The match will be United Women’s third at Old Trafford, after WSL fixtures against West Ham and Everton over the previous two seasons.

Our 3-1 win over Everton in March was the team’s first-ever game at the Theatre of Dreams in front of supporters, after the meeting with Hammers was played behind closed doors due to Covid-19.

December’s visit of Villa will also be the third women’s game at the stadium in 2022, following that meeting with the Toffees and the opening game of this summer’s European Championship, in which England beat Austria 1-0.

The fixture is one of several of our upcoming matches to have its date and time updated following the latest round of broadcast picks.

Our trip to the Emirates Stadium to take on Arsenal will now take place on Saturday 19 November at 17:30 GMT, and it will be shown live on Sky Sports.

The Manchester derby at the Etihad Stadium will stay on Sunday 11 December, but is now a 12:30 GMT start. That game will be available to watch live on the BBC.

Last week, our home match against champions Chelsea was also picked for Sky Sports coverage, and is now set to begin at 18:45 GMT on Sunday 6 November at Leigh Sports Village.

UNITED WOMEN’S UPCOMING WSL FIXTURES

Sun 16 Oct: Brighton & Hove Albion (H), 12:00 BST – live on BBC

Sun 23 Oct: Leicester City (A), 15:00 BST

Sun 30 Oct: Everton (A), 14:00 GMT – live on BBC

Sun 6 Nov: Chelsea (H), 18:45 GMT – live on Sky Sports

Sat 19 Nov: Arsenal (A), 17:30 GMT – live on Sky Sports

Sat 3 Dec: Aston Villa (H), 12:30 GMT – live on Sky Sports

Sun 11 Dec: Manchester City (A), 12:30 GMT – live on BBC

www.manutd.com
Old 08-10-2022, 06:36 AM   #207
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MARC SKINNER SHORTLISTED FOR WSL MANAGER OF THE MONTH AWARD

Marc Skinner has been nominated for September's Barclays WSL Manager of the Month award, following United Women’s perfect start to the 2022/23 league campaign.

The Reds began the season in emphatic fashion, eclipsing Reading 4-0 at Leigh Sports Village in front of a record 5,000-plus crowd.

Summer signing Maya Le Tissier, who has also been nominated for the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month and the WSL Player of the Month awards for September, bagged a brace against the Royals on the opening weekend, while fellow WSL Player of the Month nominee, Katie Zelem, scored a penalty and assisted two. Alessia Russo was also on the scoresheet.

Skinner continued to bolster his squad ahead of the current campaign, bringing in the likes of Le Tissier, Lucia Garcia and Nikita Parris, to name just three of his seven summer signings, as the head coach hopes to see his side compete across all fronts this term.

The Reds followed up the opening-day win over Reading with an important 2-0 victory away to West Ham, with new recruit Garcia bagging the opener in that one, prior to Hannah Blundell's strike.

When WSL football returns, following the upcoming international break, Marc will no doubt hope his side can continue the scintillating league form that has seen the Reds take up second place in the table, only below leaders Arsenal on goal difference.

The Gunners’ boss Jonas Eidevall has also made the three-manager shortlist for September, alongside Aston Villa's Carla Ward, following their own perfect starts to the 2022/23 WSL season.

Voting for is now open for supporters, and will close at 10:00 BST on Monday 10 October. The winner will be announced on Thursday 13 October.

Well done on the achievement, Marc, and we wish you good luck!

www.manutd.com
Old 24-10-2022, 09:49 AM   #208
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Leicester Women 0-1 Manchester United Women: Nikita Parris breaks her WSL duck with a first half header to keep visitors second at expense of struggling hosts - who are still without a point

* Manchester United beat Leicester 1-0 away from home in the WSL on Sunday
* The visitors were handed a first half lead by Nikita Parris' 34th minute header
* Parris netted just her first WSL goal for United to hand her side all three points
* The English forward converted a brilliant Katie Zelem cross from a free kick

Manchester United may have drawn a game like this last season.

In a campaign that saw Marc Skinner’s side miss out on Champions League football by five points, there were too many matches that United dropped points from winning positions.

That could have been the case against Leicester yesterday, after taking the lead in the first half but failing to kill off the game in the second. But it wasn’t. They held on for a 1-0 victory to go joint top of the Women’s Super League table and leave the Foxes rooted to the bottom.

If United are to finish in the European spots this term, they have to win games like this even when they are not at their free-flowing best.

There were times when United looked like they had run out of ideas in attack, with a stubborn Leicester defence sitting deep. In the end it was a set-piece that gave Skinner’s side the goal they needed, with Nikita Parris heading in from Katie Zelem’s free-kick.

‘It wasn’t our best performance, I get that, but last season we drew too many,’ Skinner said. ‘I’m really pleased with the resilience and the mindset. ‘We’re not always going to perform brilliantly, but we must try and win.

Nikita Parris (fourth left) converted Katie Zelem's free kick with a bullet header in the first half

The England forward scored her first WSL goal for Manchester United in Sunday's victory. United managed to grab all three points in the sort of match they would have drawn last term. Marc Skinner's side are now second to only Arsenal in the WSL with both sides still unbeaten

‘I’ve signed players to make sure that in games like this we can get across the line and we’ve done that today. ‘

United will have to be better against an in-form Everton next weekend, but to have maximum points from their first four games is an impressive start.

It is more than can be said for Leicester, who are yet to put a point on the board this term. The main issue is in attack. The Foxes have scored just once in their last nine league games dating back to last season - and that was an own goal by Tottenham’s Drew Spence in their opening day defeat this term.

They had a brief spell where they looked like they could have come back into the game but they created only one real chance all game. It is now just one point from their last 12 WSL games dating back to last season. Even this early in the campaign, there is no getting away from the fact they are in a relegation battle. Their campaign will not be defined by games like this but against teams like Reading and Liverpool, who are also likely to be fighting it out at the bottom.

United struggled to find rhythm in the opening stages but the breakthrough came in the 34th minute. Zelem has become something of a set-piece specialist for United. Last season she twice scored directly from a corner and no player has created more chances from set plays this term. So it was only right that it was her free-kick delivery that helped break the deadlock. The midfielder’s pin-point delivery picked out Parris and she powered a header past Levell and into the left corner.

The closest Leicester came to an equaliser was Josie Green’s volley from the edge of the box, which Mary Earps did well to claw away from the top corner. A game that will not live long in the memory, but it could be three points that prove crucial to United come the end of the season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11345945/Nikita-Parris-breaks-WSL-duck-header-United-second-expense-Leicester.html
Old 06-11-2022, 05:36 AM   #209
Andi Istiabudi
manager

TWO REDS NOMINATED FOR WSL PLAYER OF THE MONTH

Manchester United Women’s pair Mary Earps and Leah Galton are up for the Barclays WSL Player of the Month award for October, following an impressive spell for the Reds.

United finished the month with an important 3-0 away victory at Everton, in which Galton scored and Earps kept a clean sheet, to move Marc Skinner’s side to the top of the WSL table.

The Reds and Arsenal are the only remaining unbeaten teams in the league so far this season, with United winning all five league fixtures, conceding no goals.

And, in the month of October, both Galton and Earps were instrumental in preserving that record.

Against Brighton, our first WSL fixture of the month, at Leigh Sports Village, the Reds ran out 4-0 winners, thanks to an Ella Toone brace and goals from Nikita Parris and Galton.

Galton scored the third of the four goals and Earps produced a truly remarkable late save, as United once more put in a commanding display in the league.

Skinner’s side then travelled to Leicester, facing the Foxes at the King Power Stadium. Superb saves from Earps helped the Reds grind out an important 1-0 victory on the road, with Parris’s first-half header proving the difference.

The Reds rounded off October in style, confidently defeating Everton 3-0 on Merseyside, with Earps earning another clean sheet and Galton getting on the mark once more, as well as Parris and Hayley Ladd.

Alongside our duo, West Ham’s Dagny Brynjarsdottir, Chelsea’s Lauren James, Arsenal’s Frida Maanum and Man City’s Khadija Shaw have also been nominated for the award.

Voting is now open for supporters and will close at 10:00 GMT on Monday 7 November. The winner will be announced on Thursday 10 November.

Congratulations and good luck, Mary and Leah!

www.manutd.com
Old 09-11-2022, 04:37 AM   #210
Andi Istiabudi
manager

TOONE TRIUMPHS AT 2022 NORTHWEST FOOTBALL AWARDS

Manchester United Women midfielder Ella Toone was named the Barclays WSL Player of the Season at the 2022 Armstrong Projects Northwest Football Awards on Monday evening.

Ella was recognised for her efforts across the 2021/22 league term for United, a campaign in which she scored seven, and racked up a division-high eight assists in total.

The England international saw off competition from six other footballers who plied their trade in the region last season, as well as being a nominee in The Athletic’s Women’s Rising Star category, won by Lionesses team-mate and Manchester City winger Lauren Hemp.

Young United forward Alejandro Garnacho was also a nominee for the men’s award, which went to Everton’s Anthony Gordon.

Manchester City midfielder Kevin De Bruyne won the Premier League Player of the Season trophy, a prize that Cristiano Ronaldo was shortlisted for.

There were triumphs elsewhere for United on the evening during the ceremony, to recognise talent across the region, held at Emirates Old Trafford.

Our young Reds’ FA Youth Cup final win over Nottingham Forest, in front of 67,492 fans at Old Trafford, was crowned as the Moment of the Season, while the Fabrice Muamba Award for Outstanding Service to Football Medicine and Performance was presented to United’s head of football medicine and science, Dr Steve McNally.

Manchester United Foundation also had success to celebrate on the evening, with Emma Fletcher, head of girls’ development, receiving the Unsung Hero Award.

The Foundation’s Inclusive Reds: Disability Football Provision was also picked as the winner of the Promoting Inclusion prize.

Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees on the night.

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 9
Andi Istiabudi, braausasda9593, h-ANG, jojo poenya, Legolash, penk22_, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku