United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 13-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #31
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Donny van de Beek

'I've shown I CAN add something': Donny van de Beek sends message to Manchester United after starring for Holland in draw with Spain then admitting 'I would have liked to play more' amid Old Trafford frustration

* Donny van de Beek is yet to start a Premier League game for Manchester United
* The 23-year-old says boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told him to remain patient
* Van de Beek scored for Holland in the 1-1 draw with Spain on Wednesday night

Donny van de Beek has admitted he is desperate to get more game time under his belt after joining Manchester United last summer.

Van de Beek is yet to start a Premier League game this season since United plucked him from his boyhood club Ajax in a £40million deal, despite a number of impressive appearances either as a substitute or in the Champions League.

The 23-year-old was desperate to plead patience when speaking after scoring in Holland's 1-1 draw with Spain on Wednesday night but couldn't help but say he wished he had been used more regularly by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Donny van de Beek has admitted is looking to play more regularly at Manchester United. Van de Beek scored for Holland in their 1-1 draw against Spain on Wednesday evening

Midfield competition is tough at United with Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba in the squad

'It sounds (like a) cliche for me to say this, because of course I would have liked to play more, but I really enjoy being in a nice team. I am simply received very well and helped by everyone,' Van de Beek told NOS.

'I'm a patient person, but of course you go there to play as much as possible. I also think – in the minutes that I have made, in the times that I have come in – I have shown that I can add something to the team.'

Van de Beek admitted he has spoken with Solskjaer about his lack of game time - he has only clocked a total of 75 minutes in the Premier League so far - and the United boss is supportive of him.

He scored on his debut as a substitute in United's shock 3-1 defeat by Crystal Palace at Old Trafford. In recent weeks, Solskjaer has used him in a diamond formation for Champions League games, notable in the impressive 5-0 victory over RB Leipzig.

But competition in midfield is fierce at United, with Van de Beek battling with the likes of Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay and Nemanja Matic for time out on the pitch.

'What does he (Solskjaer) say to me? That I have to be patient, but also that I just have to continue with what I am doing,' Van de Beek added.

'And that he's seen that I have a good impact when I come into the field. My time is definitely coming. And when those opportunities come, I have to be there.'

Van de Beek scored on his United debut - a 3-1 defeat by Crystal Palace at Old Trafford. The Dutchman says Solskjaer has told him to be patient and that his time will come at United

Van de Beek has two more games upcoming in the present international window with Holland, against Bosnia and Herzegovina followed by a clash with Poland.

United, meanwhile, are languishing in 14th in the Premier League table with 10 points from their first seven matches.

They have a game in hand on the top four, however, with fourth-place currently occupied by Southampton on 16 points. Solskjaer's men meet West Brom at Old Trafford on November 21 once the international break is over.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8940923/Donny-van-Beek-admits-liked-play-joining-Manchester-United.html
Old 25-11-2020, 08:39 AM   #32
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Owen Hargreaves hails Donny van de Beek's 'close to perfect' performance in Manchester United's victory over Istanbul Basaksehir as Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes also heap praise on the midfielder

* Donny van de Beek shone as Manchester United beat Istanbul Basaksehir 4-1
* BT Sport pundit Owen Hargreaves said his performance was 'close to perfect'
* Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes were also impressed with the midfielder

Owen Hargreaves hailed Donny van de Beek's performance as 'close to perfect' in Manchester United's comfortable 4-1 victory over Istanbul Basaksehir.

The midfielder was making only his fifth start of the season after joining the club in a £40million deal in the summer but impressed in a deeper role alongside Fred.

The Dutchman linked up with the attacking threats of Bruno Fernandes, Edinson Cavani and Marcus Rashford and played a key role in United's fourth goal with a slick pass into Mason Greenwood, who crossed for Daniel James to finish.

Van de Beek has struggled to force his way into the first team since his summer arrival from Ajax but BT Sport pundit Hargreaves believes he may have played his way into Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's starting XI for Sunday's game with Southampton.

Hargreaves said the 23-year-old's performance was 'close to perfect' while fellow pundit Rio Ferdinand was also impressed.

'Van de Beek is so unselfish that he can just fit in,' said Hargreaves.

'I think he's played himself into the starting lineup.'

Donny van de Beek shone as Manchester United beat Istanbul Basaksehir 4-1 on Tuesday. BT Sport pundit Owen Hargreaves described the midfielder's performance as 'close to perfect'. The Dutchman was making only his fifth start of the season since his £40m summer move. Rio Ferdinand was also impressed with the 23-year-old's performance at Old Trafford

Ferdinand added: 'I was really was pleased with him. We've been impatient ourselves but Ole has shown why he has been thought of so highly.

'He's the one player than can play one-touch two-touch and keep it simple. He sacrifices parts of his game to help other people and you need that in great times.

'He's the one player that will make other players play well.'

The midfielder was confident in possession, with a pass accuracy of 88 per cent and a total of 73 touches of the ball. He also created two chances and had a 100 per cent dribble completion rate.

Goals from Fernandes and Rashford put United in the ascendancy before James wrapped up the points in the 92nd minute after Deniz Turuc had pulled one back for the visitors.

Despite not getting on the scoresheet himself, it was Van de Beek who also caught the eye of Paul Scholes.

'Some of the one-touch stuff was brilliant,' said the ex-United midfielder.

'He had the awareness around him to find Cavani and find some good balls to Marcus.

'What we saw tonight was his best position. I think he's good enough at the defensive position. He will be willing to try to do that. But it won't be the defensive quality he brings, he will be bringing stuff going forward.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8984189/Owen-Hargreaves-hails-Donny-van-Beeks-close-perfect-performance-Man-Uniteds-victory.html
semoga kedepannya VDB lebih sering dimainkan Ole sebagai starter
Old 30-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #33
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Welcome to the Premier League! Donny van de Beek sparks injury fears as he shows off swollen ankle after making first league start for Manchester United at Southampton

* Donny van de Beek showed off his swollen ankle after win versus Southampton
* Midfielder made his first Premier League start as Manchester United prevailed
* United will hope that the 23-year-old will not face a spell on the sidelines

Donny van de Beek has sparked concern among Manchester United supporters after showing off his swollen ankle.

The midfielder made his first Premier League start in United's 3-2 victory against Southampton and was on the receiving end of some heavy challenges.

After the game van de Beek posted a picture on Instagram showing his swollen ankle accompanied by the caption: 'Welcome to the Premier League'.

United were two goals down at half time after goals from Jan Bednarek and James Ward-Prowse had put Southampton in the ascendancy.

Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek posted a picture of his swollen ankle. Van de Beek made his first Premier League start as United won 3-2 away to Southampton. United will hope that the Dutch midfielder will not be set for a spell on the sidelines

However, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's game managed to turn the game around as firstly Bruno Fernandes got a goal back before substitute Edinson Cavani scored a brace.

Van de Beek has had to be very patient since joining United as he has frequently been named as a substitute.

The 23-year-old was given an opportunity against Southampton and completed the whole 90 minutes as Solskjaer's team secured a victory that saw them move up to eighth place in the table.

So far van de Beek has made 13 appearances for United across all competitions - he has scored one goal and provided one assist.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8999545/Welcome-Premier-League-Donny-van-Beek-sparks-injury-fears-shows-swollen-ankle.html
Old 01-12-2020, 05:49 AM   #34
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Melihat kondisi engkelnya van de Beek bikin ngilu yach..
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 08:43 AM   #35
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Donny van de Beek believes patience is paying off after a frustrating start at Manchester United following £40m summer move as Dutchman insists he can give side 'something extra'

* Donny Van de Beek made a £40million move to Manchester United from Ajax
* He had to wait until last weekend for first Premier League start at Southampton
* The midfielder has had to bide his time but he believes it was worth the wait

Donny Van de Beek believes his patience is finally paying off at Manchester United after a frustrating start to life at Old Trafford.

The Dutchman made a £40million move to United from Ajax at the beginning of September, but had to wait until last weekend for his first Premier League start at Southampton.

Van de Beek's representative Sjaak Swart has expressed the frustration felt in the player's camp over his lack of opportunities, but the 23-year-old believes it was worth the wait.

'I just work hard every day and I know that I can give the team something extra and help a lot,' said Van de Beek. 'So, yeah, I was just patient.'

The midfielder insists it has been easy to fit in at United because of the calibre of his new team-mates, even though it has meant playing in several different roles.

'I think they understand it already because they're world-class players, so there's no difference (compared to Ajax),' he added.

Midfielder Donny Van de Beek believes his patience is finally paying off at Manchester United. The £40million summer signing has had to bide his time under boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Van de Beek had to wait until last weekend for his first Premier League start at Southampton

'I play with new team-mates and you need to understand each other. We understand each other. I can play that kind of style with them.

'Also in Ajax before, I played in a lot of different positions. I played No 8, No 10 and even No 6 so I am used to it and I playing a lot of different positions.'

Edinson Cavani came off the bench to score twice at Southampton on Sunday and Van de Beek believes United's other new signing creates new opportunities for the midfield as well.

'I think it's really important because, especially for me, if you come in the box it gives you some extra space. The defenders always look to strikers so it gives extra space for the midfielders.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9005823/Manchester-Uniteds-Donny-Van-Beek-insists-patience-finally-paying-off.html
feeling saya sih VDB dimainkan karena absennya Tominay & Pogba, jadi Ole ingin mencari alternatif formasi memainkan VDB bersama Fred. semoga VDB lebih sering menjadi starter dipertandingan United selanjutnya
Old 02-12-2020, 09:46 AM   #36
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Donny has quality - we know we can play together': Bruno Fernandes eyes more minutes with Van de Beek after the Dutchman made his first Premier League start in the stunning fightback victory over Southampton

* Manchester United came from two goals down to win 3-2 at Southampton
* Donny van de Beek was finally given a Premier League start in United colours
* Bruno Fernandes has been impressed by the Dutchman since his Ajax move

Bruno Fernandes is relishing more minutes on the pitch with Donny van de Beek after the Dutchman impressed in Manchester United's 3-2 comeback win at Southampton.

Van de Beek was handed his first Premier League start by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at St Mary's but it looked to be heading for defeat with United 2-0 down at half-time.

But half-time substitute Edinson Cavani - another summer arrival alongside Van de Beek - scored twice, with Fernandes netting the other, to turn the match around.

Fernandes delivered a glowing appraisal of the Holland international after the victory at St Mary's.

'Donny has a lot of quality. We know we can play together and also with other players we have,' Fernandes said, according to The Sun, of the £40m summer arrival from Ajax.

'Everyone has quality to play and we know each other. We can play with three then switch and play the next game with another three or another four.

'It doesn't matter because all of them have quality and we can all be together on the pitch, everyone can make a difference.

onny played a really good game but Fred and Nemanja (Matic) were really important to us.'

Donny van de Beek got his first Manchester United start in the 3-2 win at Southampton. Team-mate Bruno Fernandes, who scored in the win, has heaped praise on the Dutchman. Fernandes is relishing the prospect of more minutes alongside Van de Beek at United. Van de Beek helped United to a win that now leaves them three points from third in the table

The three points against Southampton lifted United to ninth in the table but they are only three points off third-placed Chelsea with a game in hand.

The attention of Fernandes and Van de Beek now turns to the Champions League, where United host French giants Paris Saint-Germain at Old Trafford on Wednesday.

Two-goal hero Cavani is vying for a start against his old club after his fantastic substitute appearance at Southampton, while Solskjaer must decide whether to break up the developing partnership between Fernandes and Van De Beek.

Victory would seal United's place in the last-16 of the tournament with a group game to spare.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9004381/Bruno-Fernandes-eyes-minutes-Donny-van-Beek-Southampton-win.html
Old 14-12-2020, 10:49 AM   #37
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I hope his time will come, but I don't think he has made a good choice': Louis van Gaal criticises Donny van de Beek's decision to join Manchester United after he was left on the bench against local rivals City

* Donny van de Beek has made just two league starts since his move from Ajax
* He was left as an unused substitute during the Manchester derby on Saturday
* Former United manager Louis van Gaal believes the midfielder made a mistake

Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal believes Donny van de Beek made a mistake by joining the Red Devils in the summer.

The Dutch midfielder signed for the Red Devils for £40m in a summer move from Ajax, but has struggled to get regular game time since joining.

Van de Beek was an unused substitute during the Manchester Derby which finished goalless, with Anthony Martial the only player to come off the bench for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

Van Gaal, who managed United for two seasons, has stated that his compatriot would have been better off moving to another European top club.

He told Dutch channel Ziggo, as reported by Football Oranje: 'I hope his time will come, but I don't think he made a good choice.

'I said that right away. If you have Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes, what position should Van de Beek be in?

Donny van de Beek was an unused substitute during the Manchester derby on Saturday. The Dutchman has struggled for game-time since he joined the club in the summer from Ajax. Former United manager Louis van Gaal believes the midfielder chose the wrong club to join

'He doesn't have the qualities of Pogba and Fernandes. And now you see that Pogba often doesn't start. Where should Van de Beek play then?

'I think you could have seen that beforehand. There are so many teams, which could have done better justice to him, also in the top. He is a boy with many qualities.'

It's been a tough start to life at Old Trafford for the 23-year-old, who was an integral part of Ajax's success over the past couple of seasons, helping them reach the semi-finals of the Champions League in 2019.

And despite impressing when he has featured, he still has only two Premier League starts to his name under Solskjaer.

With Bruno Fernandes the ever-present, van de Beek has found himself behind Pogba, Fred and Scott McTominay in the pecking order.

The Dutchman has said he is happy with life at the club, but will be hoping to get more regular game time in the near future.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9047569/Louis-van-Gaal-criticises-Donny-van-Beeks-decision-join-Manchester-United.html
Old 16-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #38
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I'm a little bit worried about his development... he needs to play games': Former Holland star Johnny Heitinga questions Donny van de Beek's decision to join Manchester United and claims midfielder will struggle to nail down a starting spot

* Donny van de Beek moved to Manchester United from Ajax in a £40m deal
* He struggled for game time at the start of the season but enjoyed a recent run
* However, that string of appearances came to an end for the Manchester derby
* Johnny Heitinga believes he will struggle at the club due to the competition

Johnny Heitinga has joined the list of former players and coaches to question Donny van de Beek's summer move to Manchester United and admits he is concerned about the midfielder's development.

The Holland international was frustrated by limited game time at the beginning of the season following his £40million transfer from Ajax, before enjoying a run in the side which began late last month.

However, that run of games came to an end on Saturday evening when he was an unused substitute in the tepid stalemate with Manchester City at Old Trafford, leaving him with just one goal and one assist in 16 appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men.

Johnny Heitinga has questioned Donny van de Beek's decision to join Manchester United. Van de Beek had seen limited minutes but had a recent run under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left)

Holland legend Marco van Basten and more recently former United boss Louis van Gaal have also criticised the 23-year-old's decision to swap Amsterdam for Manchester.

They have now been joined by former Everton and Fulham defender Heitinga, who believes Van de Beek will struggle to claim a regular starting spot.

'He has had an impact when coming on,' former Holland defender Heitinga told Stadium Astro.

'I have doubts that he made the right decision in going to Manchester United because they have top quality midfielders – [Paul] Pogba, Bruno Fernandes.

That string of games came to an end when he was unused substitute in the Manchester derby. And former Holland defender Heitinga believes that he will struggle for game time

'He has to get used to the speed of play, the fitness. It's tough, it's intense in the Premier League, the Dutch league can't be compared.

'Frenkie de Jong is playing at Barcelona, Matthijs de Ligt is at Juventus, Hakim Ziyech is playing for Chelsea, so Donny was part of a team and now he has to do it by himself.

'It's not easy when you see the midfielders at Manchester United to play them out of the team. I'm in doubt if he made the right decision to make that move.

'I'm a little bit worried about his development because he isn't playing many games. At his age, he needs to play games. This is not good for his development.'

Former Barcelona and Holland boss Van Gaal also claimed Van de Beek does not possess the same skillset as Pogba or Fernandes, and believes there were other teams that 'could have done better justice to him'.

'I hope his time will come, but I don't think he made a good choice,' van Gaal told Ziggo Sport ahead of the Manchester derby.

Former United boss Louis van Gaal also criticised van de Beek for making the move to United. Van Gaal said he would struggle due to the competition from Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba

'I said that right away. If you have Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes, what position should Van de Beek be in?

'He doesn't have the qualities of Pogba and Fernandes. And now you see that Pogba often doesn't start. Where should Van de Beek play then?

'I think you could have seen that beforehand. There are so many teams, which could have done better justice to him, also in the top. He is a boy with many qualities.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9054611/Former-Holland-star-Johnny-Heitinga-questions-Donny-van-Beeks-decision-join-Manchester-United.html
situasinya gak jauh beda dengan Eriksen di Inter, cuma VDB lebih mendapatkan waktu bermain yg 'lebih lama'. semoga malam ini vs Sheffield bisa jadi starter
Old 06-01-2021, 08:42 AM   #39
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer backs Donny van de Beek to succeed at Manchester United... claiming he can emulate Fred and Victor Lindelof by overcoming difficult start to life at Old Trafford

* Donny van de Beek has only made eight starts since joining in a £40million deal
* His lack of playing time has led to questions over United's decision to sign him
* But Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is confident Van de Beek will be a success at United
* Solskjaer hopes Dutchman can emulate Fred and Victor Lindelof at Old Trafford

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has backed Donny van de Beek to prove that his £40million move to Manchester United is not a failure.

Van de Beek has made just eight starts since joining from Ajax in September, raising questions over United's decision to sign him instead of putting the money towards deals for Jadon Sancho or Jack Grealish.

But Solskjaer believes the Dutchman can emulate Fred and Victor Lindelof by overcoming difficult starts at Old Trafford to become established first-team players – even though it may be next season before Van de Beek moves up the pecking order.

Donny van de Beek has struggled to make an impact at Manchester United since his arrival. The Dutchman has endured a lack of playing time after joining from Ajax in a £40million deal

'Donny has played well when he's had the chance,' said Solskjaer. 'I think we are too quick sometimes to jump on, "oh he's not playing, it's a failure".

'But with Victor and Fred as examples, it takes a little bit of time and now they are massively important players in our squad, in our team, which will be the same with Donny.

'He has come in and he is in a midfield group there with quality, challenging with Bruno (Fernandes), Juan (Mata) and Jesse (Lingard). I have loads of No 10s, loads of central midfielders with Paul (Pogba), Nemanja (Vidic), Scott (McTominay) and Fred, and Donny has done well when he has come in.

'He is always ready, he always works hard in training, he's positive and he will make differences in many games for us this season. He will grow more and more for next year.'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is confident that Van de Beek will be a success at Old Trafford. Solskjaer believes Van De Beek can emulate Victor Lindelof and Fred at Old Trafford

Meanwhile Solskjaer has indicated that Lingard and some of United's other fringe players could stay at Old Trafford beyond this transfer window to help the club cope with a heavy fixture load.

Lingard has only played twice this season – in the Carabao Cup against Luton and Brighton in September – although he has been an unused substitute in three of the last four games.

It has raised doubts over the 28-year-old's future at United, even though the club have triggered a 12-month contract extension until 2022.

Phil Jones is also in an uncertain situation at Old Trafford having not played for nearly a year due to a knee injury and Brandon Williams could go out on loan, while United want to offload Sergio Romero and Marcos Rojo.

But Solskjaer said: 'This season is going to be about the squad and rotation and to have the right players playing at the right time.

'We have seen so many injuries and the schedule has been so hectic, I think we have been quite good at rotating. That has been standing us in a good stead.

'Say a Jesse, say players who haven't played as much, now they have got to be ready when they've got the opportunity.

'You see Eric Bailly who has come in and done brilliant. He has had injuries and niggles, but you have to train well. That is the work the coaches are doing on the training pitch and the players are putting in the work as well. When you've got a chance you have to be ready to take it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9116693/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-backs-Donny-van-Beek-success-Manchester-United.html
Old 08-01-2021, 09:10 AM   #40
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dimitar Berbatov admits he 'would not be surprised' if Donny van de Beek seeks Man United EXIT after just four months... before claiming he should be 'banging on the manager's door' for clarity over his lack of playing time

* Donny van de Beek has failed to make an impact since joining in a £40m deal
* Dutchman has only made eight starts for Man United since his move from Ajax
* Van de Beek's lack of playing time has been a major talking point at Old Trafford
* Dimitar Berbatov insists he wouldn't be surprised if he looks for the exit door

Former Manchester United star Dimitar Berbatov admits it wouldn't come as a shock to him if £40million signing Donny van de Beek was looking for an early exit.

Van de Beek joined United from Ajax in September last year with big expectations on his shoulders, but his four months with the Premier League giants so far have ultimately disappointed.

The Dutchman, who emerged as one of the brightest talents in Europe with Ajax, has started just eight games for United since his big-money arrival - struggling to get the nod in midfield with the likes of Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba for competition.

Things certainly haven't gone to plan for £40million man Donny van de Beek at Man United

His lack of playing time has been a major talking point at Old Trafford and Berbatov claims his patience could already be wearing thin just four months after joining.

'I don't know what is going on with Donny van de Beek,' he told Betfair. 'I said before he signed that I like him as a player, he was great for Ajax and his national team, but now he can't get a game at United.

'I don't watch the training sessions and the little time he does get on the pitch isn't enough to judge him.

'He needs a run of games in a row to give him confidence. I can see that his confidence isn't high at the moment, and that's normal because when you don't play you start punishing yourself and ask questions of yourself.

'I wouldn't be surprised if he is starting to look for the exit and nobody will blame him. Something isn't working.'

The Dutchman has watched on from the bench for the majority of United's campaign so far. Dimitar Berbatov can't understand why Van de Beek isn't getting more playing time at United

Van de Beek's arrival was supposed to give United another cutting edge up top, linking up the play between midfield and attack with his quick feet and vision.

But that has been far from the case, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has used him mainly from the bench so far this season. He came on as an 88th minute substitute in Wednesday's 2-0 Carabao Cup semi-final defeat against rivals Manchester City.

And Berbatov insists Van de Beek should be banging on Solskjaer's door for clarity over his lack of playing time, after claiming he is better than some of the regular starters in midfield.

'At the moment Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay and Fred are all ahead of him, judging by the amount of game time he is getting,' Berbatov said.

'Are all these players better than him? I don't think so, everybody is different and everyone can bring different qualities to a game. That's why I'm wondering what is going on.'

He added: 'He should be banging on the manager's door and ask: what is going on? he should be asking why he's not playing and what he can do to improve his situation. Then depending on what answers he gets, he can evaluate and do what is necessary.'

Van de Beek has started just twice in the Premier League for United this season, with most of his game time coming in the Carabao Cup.

Van de Beek will be desperate for a rare start when United host Watford in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday night.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9124481/Dimitar-Berbatov-admits-not-surprised-Donny-van-Beek-seeks-Man-United-EXIT.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 6
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku