United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > On Loan

Old 25-05-2017, 12:21 AM   #21
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Axel Tuanzebe

AXEL TUANZEBE COMING OF AGE AT UNITED

There is a quote from Sir Matt Busby emblazoned on a wall at the Aon Training Complex that reads: 'If you're good enough, you're old enough'.

It is a deep-rooted philosophy that still rings true today and there is genuine optimism that Axel Tuanzebe can lead a new batch of Manchester United youngsters in providing first-team options for Jose Mourinho even as early as next season.

Tuanzebe featured in the manager's very first game in charge of the club, a friendly at Wigan Athletic, and earned instant praise from the boss. He excelled in the opening matches of Premier League 2 at Reserves level and has looked a Rolls Royce of a defender, as well as a true leader.

Last Thursday, he was awarded the Denzil Haroun Player of the Year trophy in recognition of his fine performances in the Reserves. "I'd say the season started off good, actually," he told MUTV last week. "Pre-season with the first team and it would have been great to stay up from there but it wasn't the case.

"So it was just hard work coming into it, not giving up and going again. Coming to the close [of the campaign], I'd say it's been excellent. I've been getting the minutes I've been waiting for and thanks to the manager for the opportunity. Receiving the award was another bonus to it, so it's been good."

The 19-year-old was part of the squad that travelled to Stockholm for the UEFA Europa League final after impressing on each of his four successive starts in the Premier League. He was outstanding at right-back when shackling Arsenal's Alexis Sanchez and has been highly effective in a midfield holding role against Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton.

On Sunday, in a fine win over Crystal Palace, the biggest compliment he could be paid is to say he looked like one of the seasoned veterans helping the new faces adapt to life in the first team. Again operating in midfield, a position he may have played for England's under-age sides and once, from memory, as a man-marker in a Reserves game at Chelsea, his display certainly suggested he is ready for Premier League football.

Even if he has primarily been a centre-back at United, Tuanzebe is happy to get out on the pitch in any role and even happier to see his youthful colleagues alongside him, as was the case at the weekend.

"I can play in any of the positions I'm asked to play in," he asserted. "For the time being, it's a case of kind of developing and, once you become a regular, you have a fixed position which you progress in for the rest of your career. For now, if I'm told to do a job, I just do it.

"For me, as a captain to those players, I'm as proud as the coaches to see them coming through [against Palace]. We've been working together and I've known this lot since I was that big [gestures to a small height] so to come through and play together is a dream come true.

"There's a motto in the building across there saying: 'If you're good enough, you're old enough'. I think Angel [Gomes] is one of the players who is good enough to play. Obviously, over time, he will improve but I think, right now, his technical ability is formidable. He's a very talented player."

At 16, Gomes's time will come and it won't be in Stockholm on Wednesday. For Tuanzebe, he must hope for a place in the matchday squad with his versatility presumably giving the boss food for thought as a potential option on the bench. The Europa League final would be a dream way to end the season for the teenager.

"You come into it and think it's all about winning trophies and leaving a legacy behind," he said. "To be involved in something so big, the first one in Manchester United's history, is amazing if I get that opportunity to play. I'd always remember it for my first big European trophy or involvement or whatever it turns out to be. It would be a really proud moment for myself."

Not that the hard work would end there. Far from it, as the youngster acknowledges, but he has his sights set on the future already - as did the majority of the fans inside Old Trafford watching the game on Sunday.

"The Europa League also gives us an opportunity to win the Super Cup," he declared. "So I think, if we can go into that and beat whoever wins the Champions League, it would send a big message to the world saying Manchester United are back into it and back into Champions League football and here to win. So I think it would be a very successful point of the season if we can lift the trophy.

"You don't want it [the campaign] to stop as it might break the momentum or something but it's been a tough season. We've had to grind out results and you always need a break to relax and put your feet up. But not for too long as you're back into the swing of it. You have to start early and be prepared for pre-season because pre-season is not easy with this manager! That's how you want it and you want to be strong coming into the season."

Whatever the outcome in Sweden, you get the sense Axel Tuanzebe is a man of his word. And, on recent evidence, he is proving good enough to play for this great club.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 08:33 PM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

TUANZEBE ON HIS MATURING FOOTBALL STYLE

Axel Tuanzebe feels he has progressed well with his football style and says spending more time with the first team has helped him mature as a player.

The 19-year-old was part of the Tour 2017 squad in July and although a minor back injury disrupted the early part of his campaign, he was part of the travelling squad to Moscow for the 4-1 Champions League victory last week.

Tuanzebe sat down with MUTV recently to discuss his progress so far and how he is continuing his learning curve.

“I’d say I’ve matured and my football style has matured. I think I make better decisions now, you learn about prioritising the team more rather than playing for yourself,” he explained. “That’s a massive part of getting into the team because everything you do is about trying to benefit the team.

“I’ve been with the first team now for more than half a season and you just keep learning. There is no point where you stop learning or you’ve seen enough, it’s always a continuous journey. The Moscow trip was a great experience and a different type of preparation, we were there for longer and we trained there, so you pick up little things.”

Tuanzebe is yet to feature for the senior team this term but was on the bench in Moscow. He’s been a keen observer of the Reds’ superb start to the campaign and had high praise for team-mate Romelu Lukaku.

“Since the start of the season all the performances have been very good. It’s been built up from pre-season and there is kind of a brotherhood spirit in the team and pushing on during the season I think we’ll be one team to watch out for,” he added.

“Everyone is happy. The manager has rotated the squad and had players in and out and we’ve been getting great results.

“For us as a team Romelu has been magnificent,” continued Tuanzebe. “He’s been the standout guy as the big man up top. He’s settled in very well. He can speak about seven languages so he can interact with everyone in the squad. He’s been a big inspiration to the team and a good role model. He’s a really good guy and off the pitch he talks to everyone and I think that’s a great attribute to have.”

www.manutd.com
Old 26-10-2017, 10:59 AM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe relishing the pressure of playing for Jose Mourinho

* Axel Tuanzebe made his sixth appearance for Manchester United on Tuesday
* The defender helped United to a 2-0 win at Swansea in the Carabao Cup last 16
* After the game, he praised Jose Mourinho and the pressure he puts on his team
* Tuanzebe explained: 'Dealing with that pressure makes you a better player'

Manchester United teenager Axel Tuanzebe is thankful for the 'burden' of playing under Jose Mourinho.

Academy product Tuanzebe started United's final four Premier League games last season as manager Mourinho rotated his squad amid Europa League commitments.

But the England Under-20 international had to wait until Tuesday's 2-0 Carabao Cup win at Swansea for his first taste of senior action this term.

Tuanzebe produced an impressive performance alongside Chris Smalling and Victor Lindelof in a three-man defence as United bounced back from their shock weekend league defeat at Huddersfield.

'There's nothing better than playing for Manchester United - playing for a big manager and a big club,' said Congo-born Tuanzebe, who turns 20 next month.

'There's nothing more rewarding as a young lad coming through.

The young defender helped United to a 2-0 win at Swansea in the Carabao Cup round of 16. After the game, Tuanzebe praised boss Jose Mourinho and the pressure he puts on his players. Tuanzebe was composed in possession as he and his team-mates played out from the back

'Every day you are learning. We've got Jose Mourinho as our manager, and you can't ask for a bigger manager.

'Under him there's a lot of pressure and you have to perform.

'But dealing with that pressure makes you a better player - I've got that burden on me.'

Tuanzebe combined diligent defending with composure on the ball on Tuesday evening.

It was his powerful surge from the back and crossfield ball to Matteo Darmian which led to Swansea being killed off by Jesse Lingard's second goal.

And the Rochdale-raised youngster admitted the presence of fellow academy products Lingard, Marcus Rashford and Scott McTominay helped him on his return to first-team action.

Tuanzebe told MUTV: 'I've gone a long period of time without playing football.

'So you just kind of ease your way into the game and build confidence with every touch.

'It makes it easier to have faces you know on the pitch and they guide you through it as well.

'You're not the only youngster out there, which is satisfying, but it's all about the team performance and we did a good job.'

Swansea's cup exit was their fifth home defeat of the season, and the storm clouds appear to be gathering at the Liberty Stadium.

Paul Clement's side are only outside the Premier League relegation zone on goal difference ahead of the daunting weekend trip to Arsenal.

But Ki Sung-yueng, who started for the first time this term against United following knee surgery, said: 'If we win one game, the pressure will change quickly.

'It has been disappointing in front of the fans because we want to play better football and win games.

'We have to overcome this situation quickly but I believe the players in this squad can handle this pressure.

'We have to try and be consistent, but I fully believe we have enough with the manager and the players to settle down quickly.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5015657/Man-United-teen-Axel-Tuanzebe-relishing-Mourinho-pressure.html
Old 16-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #24
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FIVE REASONS TO BE EXCITED ABOUT TUANZEBE

To mark Axel Tuanzebe’s 20th birthday, which he celebrates today, we’ve listed five reasons why we feel supporters can feel excited about the future of the Manchester United prospect.

1: JOSE RATES HIM

Since Jose’s very first match in charge of the Reds, a pre-season friendly at Wigan Athletic in July 2016, the manager has spoken positively about the young defender and cited him as an obvious talent. “The potential is there,” he said at the DW Stadium that day. “You can see it immediately!”

Mourinho took Tuanzebe on tour that summer and handed him five senior appearances throughout the 2016/17 campaign, which also included the signing of a new long-term contract at the club. Another pre-season trip to the States followed for Axel and, this term, he has started once, in the Carabao Cup fourth-round win at Swansea City, highlighting his role as a valuable squad member.

2: HE CAN PLAY A BIT, TOO!
As the manager quickly assessed upon his arrival at United, Tuanzebe has an obvious and natural talent that underpins his reputation as a rising star. He is strong in the tackle, composed on the ball and intelligent off it, wielding attributes that are often required from the modern centre-back.

The 20-year-old England Under-21 international is versatile, too, having played at right-back against Arsenal last season and also in central midfield, versus Crystal Palace and Southampton. Last month, at the Liberty Stadium in Wales, he notably earned praise for his display on the left side of a back-three.

3: WISE HEAD, YOUNG SHOULDERS
To cope with the rigours of senior football, especially in the Premier League, a young player must be physically capable and Tuanzebe is certainly that at over six feet in height. But that is not the only string to his bow: he’s also a bright young man who speaks with admirable poise. Seriously, look up one of his MUTV interviews and you’ll see what we mean. Granted, being a good talker has nothing to do with success on the pitch, but it nonetheless represents a level of confidence that is required.

4: A LEADER TO BOOT
Born in Bunia, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the England Under-21 international grew up in Rochdale and has been nurtured by the Academy since the age of eight. He has become an excellent leader and captained the Under-18s as a first-year scholar. “I don't think that has happened since Gary Neville was youth-team skipper,” said former coach Paul McGuinness. “Axel did a very good job - on and off the field.”

The robust defender then led the Reserves throughout the 2016/17 season and admits he enjoys the responsibility of the role. "I like bossing people around!" he recently told us with a smirk.

5: SERIAL AWARD WINNER
In May 2015, Axel was named our Jimmy Murphy Under-18s Player of the Year and, two years later, he collected the Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year prize, becoming the third Red in history to claim both youth trophies (after Mark Robins and Giuseppe Rossi).

Speaking about his success, our no.38 outlined his aims for a future that definitely looks bright: “It's my dream to be a leader and role model at this club. The manager has shown faith to play me and I’ve been helped by youngsters like Marcus [Rashford] and Jesse [Lingard], who’ve taken me under their wing. It’s been good so far and hopefully it can continue. I was to show he can trust me to play in future games.”

www.manutd.com
Old 03-01-2018, 09:51 AM   #25
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHY SHAW SHOCKED TUANZEBE IN TRAINING

Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe has recalled his first step up to senior training during an exclusive interview with Inside United, the official club monthly magazine.

The 20-year-old, who came on as a late substitute in the New Year's Day win at Everton and will hope to be involved again in Friday's Emirates FA Cup tie against Derby County at Old Trafford, admits he was taken aback by fellow defender Luke Shaw.

Tuanzebe has now made eight appearances this term as he continues to push for a regular place in Jose Mourinho's squad.

"You don't forget the first time you train with the first team," Tuanzebe told Inside United. "It was me, Marcus Rashford and Devonte Redmond, and we went up to training. It was one of the hardest sessions I've had in my life.

"I was in the Under-18s at the time and Paul McGuinness was our manager. We thought we were coming along to watch but we ended up playing in a training game. We were a position team, the first team against us. It was so hard, it was so fast, it was physically on another level.

"I remember vividly that Luke Shaw was absolutely rapid. It shocked me that I couldn't get near him. He was an absolute bullet, just amazing. From that moment, I had him as a benchmark for myself, in terms of how sharp he is. After that session, we had seen what we had to get to. Once we'd had a taste of it, then we all wanted more and more."

www.manutd.com
Old 13-01-2018, 03:40 PM   #26
Andi Istiabudi
manager

UNITED DELAY DECISION ON TUANZEBE FUTURE

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho admits he is considering allowing defender Axel Tuanzebe to leave on loan but a final decision on the youngster's future is being delayed.

The versatile 20-year-old has made three appearances for Jose Mourinho's side this term, after making a successful first-team breakthrough in the second half of last season, and travelled with the squad to Dubai for this week's warm weather training camp.

There is believed to be interest in his services but any move would obviously be a temporary one with Tuanzebe rated so highly by Mourinho and the coaching team.

"Tuanzebe is a very good player that is not having lots of possibilities to play here," said the boss. "But he's our player and he will be our player - no chance we give up on such a talented boy.

"But it is something we are thinking about, a loan until the end of the season. Yes or no. We are a bit afraid of injuries, of needs and needing him. We have Eric Bailly injured, we are not free of other injuries. So we are delaying the decision and we are going to delay it until the end of the transfer window.

"If we have to make a decision, we are going to make it at the end of the month. Probably at the end of the month, if we have no fresh injuries, if Eric Bailly is very close to being back or is already back, then probably it will be good for Axel to go on a loan and to be back for next season, because he is a player that we like very much."

The youth-team product impressed when playing 90 minutes in defence in October's Carabao Cup success at Swansea before appearing as a substitute in the UEFA Champions League win over CSKA Moscow and, most recently, the Premier League victory at Everton on New Year's Day.

www.manutd.com
Old 19-01-2018, 08:55 AM   #27
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SHAW BELIEVES TUANZEBE "HAS GOT EVERYTHING"

Luke Shaw believes Axel Tuanzebe is capable of nailing down a centre-back place at Manchester United in the future.

The England full-back has been impressed by the Academy product, who has been with the first-team group this season but could be sent out on loan towards the end of the January transfer window.

Jose Mourinho has already spoken about the potential of the former Reserves captain and Shaw feels the 20-year-old will mature into a top-class central defender, after also making first-team appearances on the left-hand side of a back three, at right-back and in midfield.

“I think Axel is unbelievable," Shaw told MUTV. "I think the talent he’s got is frightening. He’s strong, he’s quick, he’s energetic, he reads the game well, he's a good passer of the ball, he’s got everything.

"For me, his main position is probably central defender. I think if he nails down one place, it will be central defender. But like I said, he’s got everything and he’s still very young.

"I look back to the game against Swansea away [in the Carabao Cup] when he came in from the cold and there would have been a few people surprised at him starting the game. But he didn’t let anyone down. I was sat on the bench and I was happy and proud for him, and also Scott [McTominay] in the same game. Both of them were terrific, especially Axel because I think Scotty had played a game before that.

"It was Axel’s first proper game [this season] and against a good team as well. For me, he was Man of the Match and I think people then took to him, the fans, and they knew what a special talent we had.

"We’ve not seen him that much but, hopefully, we and the fans get to see him more because I see him in training and he’s improving every day, building his confidence up even more. He’s always ready for his chance when called upon."

www.manutd.com
Old 25-01-2018, 10:00 PM   #28
Andi Istiabudi
manager

TUANZEBE JOINS ASTON VILLA ON LOAN

Manchester United defender Axel Tuanzebe has joined Championship side Aston Villa on loan for the rest of the 2017/18 campaign.

The versatile 20-year-old made three appearances for Jose Mourinho’s side in the first half of this season after making a successful first-team breakthrough towards the end of last term.

He impressed when playing 90 minutes in the Carabao Cup success at Swansea before coming on as a substitute in the Champions League win over CSKA Moscow and, most recently, the Premier League victory at Everton on New Year's Day. Tuanzebe subsequently travelled with the squad to Dubai for the warm weather training camp.

UNITED CONNECTIONS AT VILLA PARK

For the remainder of 2017/18, former Reserves captain Axel will link up with United legend Steve Bruce, Villa's manager, fellow loanee Sam Johnstone and ex-Reds defenders James Chester and Ritchie De Laet.

Johnstone has been hugely impressive as the Villans’ no.1 this term, keeping 12 clean sheets in 28 Championship games. Chester has been a regular at the heart of the defence, appearing 34 times this term, but De Laet has only made nine outings so far in 2017/18.

Tuanzebe will also be able to tap into the vast knowledge and experience of former Chelsea and England captain John Terry, who joined the club last summer and has recently returned from injury.

HIGHLY THOUGHT OF BY JOSE

The boss certainly rates Tuanzebe very highly and sees the decision to allow him to leave on loan as a chance for him to get some more game time under his belt.

“Tuanzebe is a very good player that is not having lots of possibilities to play here,” Mourinho said recently. “But he’s our player and he will be our player – no chance we give up on such a talented boy. He is a player that we like very much.”

A CHANCE TO SHINE

Tuanzebe is the third United player to leave the club on loan this month after striker James Wilson also switched to a Championship team in Sheffield United and full-back Demi Mitchell made a temporary move north of the border to Hearts.

He will be hoping to impress and receive regular game time with Villa, who are currently fourth in the second tier and pushing for a return to the Premier League after a two-year absence.

Everyone at United wishes Axel well during his loan spell.

www.manutd.com
Old 30-01-2018, 08:35 AM   #29
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

Axel Tuanzebe reveals Manchester United plan

Man Utd youngster Axel Tuanzebe has gone out on loan to Aston Villa.

Axel Tuanzebe intends to use his Aston Villa loan as a springboard to launch a lengthy Manchester United career.

And he thinks one of his new teammates can help him achieve it.

The young centre-back made just eight appearance for the Reds before heading to Villa Park in search of first-team opportunities for the remainder of the season.

His short-term aim is to help Villa win promotion back to the Premier League.

But he wants to use his time in the Midlands to show United what he is capable of.

Manager Jose Mourinho has altready spoken in glowing terms of the Congo-born, Rochdale-raised 20-year-old, one of the most highly thought-of academy graduates of recent years.

And Tuanzebe, in an interview with the Express and Star, said: “After getting the promotion and my medal, I want to go back to United and be a real contender for my place.

“I believe it is my home. I want to be playing there for ten to 15 years. That is my motivation.

“This is my chance to demonstrate what I can do on the pitch.

“If I can break into the team [at Villa], I can show I am a man, who can play men’s football and do well.

“I want to show the qualities I know I have got, to prove I can do it.

“From the back of last season when I played a few Premier League games, I feel like I am ready for the next stage.

“It is not like I am a young boy anymore, looking to please. I am here to fight, here to play and help the team win promotion.”

Tuanzebe believes the presence of former Chelsea veteran John Terry at Villa Park can aid his progress.

“That’s definitely intriguing, having such a legend in the team,” he said.

“If you watch him carefully, he’s never been the quickest. But for some reason he is always in the right position.

“It shouldn’t add up but he is smart, has studied the game, where to be at the right time. Having someone like that to learn off, adding those qualities into my game. It can elevate me.

“I want to show I am developing. Showing I can be a leader when needed, whatever is required. I want to show that I can play.”

Tuanzebe’s accent may be pure Rochdale, but he is inspired by his Congolese roots.

“My mum and dad wanted to give us a better opportunity in life,” he said. “The chance to become someone, to do something with ourselves.

“I want to give something back to the people I love. We still have family living in the Congo who I would like to help out one day.”

And he explained his distinctive first name, adding: “My parents were going to call me Alex but my uncle liked Axel so they went with that. It’s uncommon. I like it.”

Old 19-02-2018, 12:33 AM   #30
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

Manchester United youngster Axel Tuanzebe sends a message to Jose Mourinho

Man Utd youngster Axel Tuanzebe had a very impressive debut for Aston Villa.

It was a good weekend for Manchester United.

Not only did the Reds secure their place in the FA Cup quarter-finals but Jose Mourinho was also handed an unexpected boost after a commanding performance from youngster Axel Tuanzebe.

The 20-year-old stole the show for Aston Villa with a fantastic display during a 2-0 loss to Fulham on his first full start.

Despite ending up on the losing team, no player made more successful tackles than the United loanee.

And after a promising start to his loan spell at Villa Park, many United fans are calling for Mourinho to take notice and give the youngster a chance in the first team next season.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 24
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, Deddy Hernandez, ecly_watchaa, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, goodmin, h-ANG, NdeGue, penk22_, Rean, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, Sigied Giggsy, tumpal_oneunited, unreal, Van_Munandar, wira_ozora, zudomiriku