United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 23-07-2019, 09:36 AM   #81
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott McTominay

'You have to back yourself to be a Manchester United player': Scott McTominay confident he can star under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer despite interest in £70m Bruno Fernandes

* Scott McTominay believes he can become a key player for Manchester United
* McTominay eager to push on despite links with midfielder Bruno Fernandes
* Portugal international Fernandes is valued at £70million by Sporting Lisbon

Scott McTominay believes he can establish himself as a key figure for Manchester United this season despite the club's interest in Bruno Fernandes.

United are tracking Sporting Lisbon midfielder Fernandes, who scored 31 goals across all competitions last season.

However, McTominay has made it clear that he is ready to push on and become an important player for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side.

As reported by The Mirror, McTominay said: 'Regardless of what other signings come in or who plays where, you have to back yourself to be a Manchester United player.

'That's one thing I've done over the last two years, I've always backed myself.

'I've tried to train hard and I've always wanted to do extra things to try and give me that one per cent *difference.'

Academy graduate McTominay made 16 Premier League appearances last season and the 22-year-old believes he is edging closer to achieving his aim of becoming a regular starter for United.

Scott McTominay is confident he can become a key player for Manchester United

He said: 'When it comes to crucial times in big games like *Barcelona or PSG in the Champions League, it's important you're ready for them.

'I'm ready to be a regular starter. That was my goal two years ago and last year, it has always been my goal.'

Sporting want £70million for Fernandes, but United are not willing to pay that amount.

Paris Saint-Germain are also monitoring the Portugal international's situation.

In addition to Fernandes, Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff has also been heavily linked with a switch to Old Trafford.

United have made two signings so far this summer, bringing in defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace and winger Daniel James from Swansea.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7271933/Manchester-United-news-Scott-McTominay-not-fazed-clubs-links-Bruno-Fernandes.html
Old 18-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #82
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

EXCLUSIVE: MCTOMINAY PLANS TO GRAB HIS OPPORTUNITY

Scott McTominay is upbeat amid a positive start to Manchester United’s 2019/20 season, after shining on Tour 2019 and earning a starting position for the 4-0 Premier League win over Chelsea.

The flourishing Academy graduate is one of several young players who are fundamental to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans this campaign and he is determined to grasp the chance with two hands.

In our exclusive interview at the Aon Training Complex, to preview Monday’s match at Wolverhampton Wanderers, McTominay spoke impressively about his ambitions, learning from the best at United and how our three new signings are embracing the culture of the club…

You were in the starting XI for the first game. Was it good to have that faith from the manager?
“Yeah, of course. There were a lot of younger players who were involved in the game. I think Jesse was the oldest player in the team which is a testament to the coaches and obviously the Academy staff when we came through the ranks to the first team. So, it was an amazing day for the Academy as well.”

You were in a midfield two alongside Paul Pogba. What is it like playing alongside Paul?
“Yeah, you have to have a relationship with the player you’re playing with and we did have a good relationship on Tour throughout the games that we were playing when we were away. Obviously it’s about building that up and keep the relationship between each other, know what each other does and keep adapting to the circumstances that we had throughout the game and I think we handled it quite well.”

How do you see your role in that two, as more of a holder?
“Yeah, obviously when you play with Paul he likes to get in the box and your job is to make sure that we are secure at the back and we’re locked in in different areas of the pitch. Obviously you have to remember and respect the fact that Paul is a world class player who can pretty much do anything on a football pitch. You have to adapt to sometimes what he does as well and the different runs that he might make and obviously adapt your game off that and if you are playing with someone else, you have to change that as well. Obviously, if you’re playing with Nemanja, Fred and Andreas in different positions like that, it’s always different with who you are playing with.”

Do you see these early games in the season as a chance to establish yourself?
“Yeah, of course. You have to look game by game and look to try and keep impressing the coaches and training is a big part of it. I feel like the game is the end result of a big training week and obviously we don’t get too many long training weeks like we’ve had the last couple of weeks and obviously it’s important to show the coaches you are capable of being in midfield every week and if you’re not you have to show them that you are capable of it. That’s the way that a lot of the lads in the changing room look at it.”

Do you model your game on anybody? Michael Carrick perhaps?
“Carrick is the best example. Somebody who has been there and done it all and experienced everything that you can experience as a footballer and he did it as a number six, he did it as a number eight as well and obviously I can model my experiences off Michael Carrick as well. With the different formations that you do play in games, sometimes it suits to have a number eight, sometimes it suits to have a number six, so as I said, I just want to try and establish myself and keep pushing and going the way that I am going and obviously learning as much as I am learning off the coaches as well.”

We are due a win against Wolves. Are they a bogey team?
“Nah, it’s football. We can go to any stadium and lose twice. It’s part of football and we have to go there and really look to cement ourselves like we did in the first half last year. We looked bang on the money, we did well in that game and it’s important for us to go and really show them that we are not here to make the numbers up, we’re here to put a performance in and take the game to them and obviously we play a little different this year, so they will have to look at that as well.”

You got your first United goal at Wolves. Obviously the result didn’t go the right way, but was that bit a good memory?
“Yes it was. When I got home and spoke to my family they were like, ‘well done, you scored your first goal’. I didn’t have that same feeling. Whenever I have scored in games it’s not been as good a result as I hoped for. But those are the experiences you’ve got to learn from and help you in the future to be stronger and the coaches know that and the staff know that we can’t go there and expect it to be an easy game with three or four goals in the first half. It’s not going to happen. It’s Wolves away. You have to be compact, you have to be disciplined, you have to go to be ruthless on the counterattack and we know that.”

How much of a challenge is their system of 3-5-2? They sit quite deep and are hard to counterattack against. Not many teams play that way…
“I feel like last year we did play a lot of games where we did play against teams with five at the back and two midfield players and really, really compact and very stubborn teams, they don’t give a lot away in terms of fouls and free kicks outside their own box and they are very, very streetwise in terms of how they approach a game and they know how to defend well, but that’s up to us. We have to be good on the night to break that down and we have to be clinical on the counterattack as well, so we’ve got a few things we’re working on and we want to put that into the match as well.”

In the area of the field you will be in, you’ve got Neves in there, Moutinho and Dendoncker. That’s an important part of the field, right?
“Yeah, it always is. The midfield battle in every game more or less dictates whether you win or lose the football match. It’s the area of the pitch where it’s most important to be in control, so you can have time and space on the ball to look up and play through the lines and different things like that, so it’s going to be an interesting game and it’s one we’re very much looking forward to at the start of our campaign as well.”

Seeing the guys in training, there is a terrific atmosphere and the new boys have seemed to have fitted in seamlessly…
“Yeah, they’ve slotted in really, really well and that’s part of it whenever you come to a football club like Manchester United. You have to have that personality to come into the dressing room and own it. You have to come in and show people that you should be there and that you are going to be there and you are going to play and you want to show everybody including the staff and players that you are there for the long run and you’re not going to be a bit quiet and ease your way in. These boys have come straight in and they’ve played so, so well so far and it’s a credit to them and a credit to their previous clubs for their education that they’ve had.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2019, 06:33 AM   #83
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

THE STATS HIGHLIGHT MCTOMINAY'S HARD WORK

When Scott McTominay sat down in front of our cameras in July, after the second day of training in Australia, he was noticeably still sweating from the intense session that had just finished.

Rather than waiting to cool down, or brushing away those beads of perspiration, the midfielder appeared unperturbed and proceeded to conduct his interview in a typically confident fashion.

He spoke about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer organising a tough pre-season camp that few of the players had experienced before and how it was being embraced by a squad that was hungry for change.

McTominay was in his element, enjoying an environment that was all about focus, hard work and improvement, attributes that are defining his fledgling career.

The tall central midfielder spoke with so much conviction and belief that it was easy to forget he was merely a 22-year-old Academy graduate with 47 appearances to his name.

But as a lifelong United fan, McTominay is playing for his club and it means everything to him: that much is evident in his words and, more importantly, in his performances on the pitch as well.

McTominay has started both of United’s Premier League matches against Chelsea and Wolverhampton Wanderers so far, playing in central midfield in a disciplined but combative role that has allowed team-mate Paul Pogba to get forward to flourish in more advanced areas of the pitch.

The beads of sweat were still pouring from his head after the final whistles.

It’s very easy to understand why, too.

Match data recorded by Opta shows that McTominay has topped United’s distance charts in both of the matches.

He covered more ground than any Chelsea player at Old Trafford, and only Ruben Neves and Leander Dendoncker registered greater distances at Molineux.

McTominay is determined to cement a place in Solskjaer’s starting XI this season and, on Saturday, the Scotland international will hope to retain his place in Ole’s team. That will mark his 50th appearance for the club, which is a fine achievement for the ever-maturing midfielder.

As he explained to us in an interview earlier this month, Scott is adopting a short-term view to impressing the manager and his staff this season.

“You have to look game by game and look to try to keep impressing the coaches,” said Scott.

“And training is a big part of it. I feel like the game is the end result of a big training week and, obviously, we don’t get too many long training weeks like we’ve had the last couple of weeks. Obviously, it’s important to show the coaches you are capable of being in midfield every week.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 06:58 PM   #84
steve.crowford
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
steve.crowford has no contributions yet

Not a bad match by McTominay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgAAbJurZxI
steve.crowford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #85
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'It's not the time to back down and say "this is ok"... it's not ok!': Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay admits standards are slipping

* Manchester United were beaten 2-0 by West Ham in Premier League on Sunday
* They have picked up just eight points from their opening six games of the season
* Scott McTominay has called on his United team-mates to wake up immediately

Scott McTominay has slammed Manchester United's performances of late after they slipped up once again at West Ham on Sunday afternoon.

United were convincingly defeated 2-0 in the Premier League and have picked up just eight points from their opening six matches of the season under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

After missing out on Champions League football and starting this season in alarming fashion, McTominay has called on his team-mates to wake up immediately.

Scott McTominay has urged Manchester United to wake up immediately after yet another loss

Following Sunday's final whistle, the 22-year-old midfielder told MUTV: 'We know we all need to do more on and off the ball.

'It's up to us now, with all the leaders in the group that we've got we need to bring everyone together and keep our heads. It's not the time to back down and say "this is ok". It's not ok! We need to do more on and off and pitch.

'The manager has reiterated that, how it's about the standards of this football club and they weren't there today.

'It's sickening when you come in and that's the result.

'It's so tough to take and it's difficult for all our fans as well who were unbelievable all game. Unfortunately we didn't send them back with three points.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7494187/Manchester-United-midfielder-Scott-McTominay-admits-standards-slipping.html
Old 30-09-2019, 11:06 AM   #86
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'When you've got a guy like that, it's important you stick by him': Scott McTominay desperate to see Manchester United stand by under-fire boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

* Scott McTominay is desperate for Manchester United to stick by their manager
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under pressure after a poor start to the season
* He says that teams are too quick to fire managers without looking to the future

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has leaped to the defence of his under-fire manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

He says it's 'important they stick by' Solskjaer, according to The Mirror.

Manchester United have had a less than solid start to the season, currently sitting in 11th place with eight points from six games played.

They will play Arsenal on Monday as they look to get their Premier League campaign back on track.

'It takes time for a new manager coming in,' said *McTominay. 'It's not all of a sudden just going to click straight into place.

'Once Sir Alex left, it was going to take time for the club to find the right manager, and I do believe that we have the right manager now in Ole.

'You see different eras in football teams – everybody goes through transitional stages and we're going through one right now.'

Solskjaer is one of the bookies' favourites to be the next Premier League manager to get the sack, along with Everton boss Marco Silva and Newcastle's Steve Bruce.

Scott McTominay is desperate to see Man United stick by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Solskjaer is under pressure after a poor start to the season from Manchester United. McTominay believes Solskjaer is the right man to follow in the footsteps of Sir Alex Ferguson. McTominay has appeared in all six of United's league games this season, getting an assist

'In this day and age, clubs are just willing to sack a manager, without really thinking about the consequences for how that team is going to go forward in the next five or six years,' McTominay continued.

'Ole definitely has a plan for the short-term and long-term, and when you've got a guy like that, it's important you stick by him.

'I'm not worried at all. It's going to take time for this club to get back to where it was, but we've certainly got a manger who's willing to do everything to do that. It hurts seeing everything going on sometimes, and you just try to blank everything out. But it's the results that hurt the most.'

United have picked up wins in the Europa League and Carabao Cup, but neither of their games against Astana or Rochdale were particularly convincing.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7518747/Scott-McTominay-desperate-Manchester-United-stand-fire-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer.html
Old 06-10-2019, 04:19 AM   #87
steve.crowford
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
steve.crowford has no contributions yet

Scott McTominay vs Arsenal||Man of the match||2019||HD||
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugOCfGJ_ro&t=1s
steve.crowford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2019, 10:34 AM   #88
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

‘Jose Mourinho keeps in contact with me’: Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay reveals he still speaks to former Old Trafford manager

* Scott McTominay has revealed he still speaks to former boss Jose Mourinho
* The ex-Manchester United manager had awarded the Scot his first-team debut
* And despite being axed last December, Mourinho keeps contact with the starlet
* McTominay said he owed a 'tremendous' amount of credit to the 56-year-old

Manchester United star Scott McTominay revealed he still keeps contact with Jose Mourinho - and that his former boss remained 'very special' to him.

The 22-year-old had been handed his maiden first-team appearance by the Portuguese tactician in United's defeat against Arsenal near the end of the 2016/17 campaign.

And after emerging as a standout performer at Old Trafford, McTominay explained he owed Mourinho a 'tremendous' amount of credit for believing in him.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: 'I obviously don't want to speak too much about previous managers but Jose's very special to me. He still keeps in contact with me now and keeps in touch with me after some games.

'He'll always have a special place in mine and my family's heart because he was the one who brought you in, he was the one who trusted you, he's the one who had belief in you.

'I owe a tremendous amount of credit to him because if it wasn't for him I might not necessarily be sat in this seat.'

McTominay had been fielded in several positions during Mourinho's tenure, including as a makeshift centre back, and has also emerged as a key man under successor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Scott McTominay revealed he remains in contact with former Man United boss Jose Mourinho. The Scottish international was handed his maiden first-team appearance by the 56-year-old. McTominay has emerged as a standout performer for the top flight side since his debut in 2017

The Scottish international believes that remaining focused on the present is the key to success.

Questioned about how he had felt in the build-up to his debut, McTominay added: 'It just came around so quickly, you don't even have time to think about it. And then when you do you have to take it, and if you don't then you'll probably be somewhere else.

'I think you've just got to take life and football as it comes. You can't think too far ahead, you can't cast your mind back to three years ago because circumstances change.'

The midfielder had been named by Mourinho as the Manager's Player of the Season in his penultimate year at Old Trafford - despite having made just 13 appearances for the top flight giants at the time.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7572357/Manchester-United-midfielder-Scott-McTominay-reveals-speaks-former-manager-Jose-Mourinho.html
Old 05-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #89
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I think he gets into Liverpool's team... he's better than Henderson': Jamie O'Hara insists Scott McTominay could play in Jurgen Klopp's side - and backs him to be a Manchester United captain

* Jamie O'Hara has made bold claims about Manchester United's Scott McTominay
* Former Tottenham O'Hara feels McTominay is better than Jordan Henderson
* The youngster gets into Liverpool's team at Henderson's expense, says O'Hara
* He also backs the Scotsman to one day become captain at Old Trafford

Scott McTominay would get into Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool team at the expense of current captain Jordan Henderson, believes Jamie O'Hara.

The former Tottenham man has made some bold claims about Manchester United's in-form midfielder, who has caught the attention in recent weeks with a string of impressive performances.

Speaking on talkSPORT, O'Hara did not hold back and revealed his belief that McTominay would get into the starting XI of league leaders Liverpool - and at the expense of their Champions League winning captain no less.

Scottish youngster Scott McTominay has been hailed as a future Manchester United captain. The Scotland international has been dubbed better than Jordan Henderson, by Jamie O'Hara

'For 22-years of age for me he is a future Manchester United captain, I really think he's that good,' said O'Hara.

'I think he gets in Liverpool's team. Look, he might not play every game but I think he gets in Liverpool's side in terms of the midfield that they've got and where he would fit in.

'I think he's as good as Henderson and I think he's going to be better than Henderson.

'I think if Liverpool had McTominay he would be playing, maybe not week-in week-out, but he'd definitely be a big part of their side.

'Let's not get away from the fact he's 22 years of age and he's playing for Man United in the centre of the park, and I think he's handled himself great. He's scoring and you can see he wants to play.

'He celebrates when he's not even playing, you see him running down the side with his bib on to celebrate with the team.'

O'Hara, now 33, begun his career with Tottenham after coming through the youth ranks. Scoring twice in 34 appearances for the club, he quickly dropped down the leagues with a series of loan moves, before later signing for Wolves.

Spells with Blackpool, Fulham and Gillingham followed for the midfielder, before signing for Billericay Town in March 2017.

Despite leaving Billericay in late 2018, O'Hara returned a month later in a coaching capacity. In September 2019 he became player-manager.

United boss Solskjaer himself has also be praising McTominay, and spoke of the player's mounting qualities prior to the recent 1-0 defeat by Bournemouth.

McTominay has been with United since the age of five, and was highly rated by Jose Mourinho. The 22-year-old has become a mainstay in the United midfield and has added goals to his game

'Scotty’s a leader, a Manchester United boy, you can see he’s been a striker with the goal at Norwich on a half turn, but he’s developing into a very good midfielder,' said Solskjaer.

Former United midfielder Darren Fletcher echoed the sentiments, saying the youngster had ably replaced Paul Pogba: ‘I think he’s been arguably United’s best player this season and a driving force.

‘In the last few weeks, especially since Paul’s gone down injured, Scott’s almost stepped up to be more of a box-to-box midfielder and goal threat, which is probably more of his natural position.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7646489/Scott-McTominay-better-Jordan-Henderson-Liverpool-team-says-OHara.html
Old 07-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #90
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'The boss': Scott McTominay reveals Sir Alex Ferguson was the person he was most in awe of when he was a youngster at Manchester United

* Scott McTominay joined Manchester United as a youngster at five years old
* He has gone on to establish himself as a key player in the last few seasons
* But McTominay has now revealed he was most in awe of Sir Alex Ferguson

Scott McTominay has revealed the fear Sir Alex Ferguson used to strike into him as a young player at Manchester United.

The midfielder has established himself as a key player under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer after originally joining the Old Trafford side as a youngster when Ferguson was in charge.

And in an interview on BBC's MOTDx show, McTominay explained how Ferguson had a role to play in him celebrating getting his scholarship.

Scott McTominay has established himself as a key player at Manchester United. But he joined the club as a youngster while Sir Alex Ferguson was still the manager

Presenter Reece Parkinson asks McTominay: 'You and United, have you been there since five years old?'

McTominay responds: 'Yeah five years old.'

The midfielder is then asked about the academy and to name a player who impressed him.

The Scotland international says: 'The boss. Yeah, Sir Alex. Yeah, whenever we saw him in the canteen, he would just say, "Are you behaving yourself?"

'You'd just be quiet. You'd never know what to say.

'Especially with him being from Scotland, I think it was special, and he invited us up whenever I signed my scholarship with all the players in the dressing room, it was a Fulham game in the Premier League.'

Ferguson has previously spoken about McTominay's development: 'Scott was a skelf of a boy, then he sprouted when he became an apprentice.

'In fact, he was playing centre-forward for the youth team.They lost Ashley Fletcher to West Ham and Marcus Rashford wasn’t getting into the team at the time because he was also growing.

‘So they played McTominay at centre-forward quite a lot, but he obviously developed into a midfield player. It’s possible he grew ten inches in a year.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7656381/Man-Utd-star-Scott-McTominay-reveals-awe-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-kid.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 27
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, chincarito, endhy_cantona, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, id4y, ivanzferdinand, Jodirama, penk22_, Rean, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, weelblack, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yogiromadhona, zudomiriku