United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United History

Old 23-10-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Angry Rivalitas Merah di Inggris

21/10/2009 09:27 - ManUtd.com, Steve Morgan
Red rivals: The 1960s

World in motion... The decade in which four lads from Liverpool shook the world with their music and style kicks off our look at the changing rivalry between England's two most successful clubs. In a five-part, decade-by-decade feature, we ask fans from both sides of the divide to share their experiences, starting in the 60s, as both Merseyside teams started giving us a run for our money...

Decade head to head
League: P16 W7 D3 L6
FA Cup: P1 W1 D0 L0
Charity Shield: P1 W0 D1 L0
Overall: P18 W8 D4 L6

The United fan Television producer David Hall on the watershed in the United-Liverpool canon...

“Early in the 1960s, I don’t remember a great rivalry, certainly not like there is today. Liverpool were a Second Division side. Busby and Shankly were great mates and most Reds remembered Liverpool were the first team after Munich to offer help. When Liverpool were promoted in 1962 it didn’t change much, even when Phil Chisnall moved there in 1964 it was no big deal. Everton were the greater rivals: ‘Chequebook champions’ in 1962/63, they were never out of the top four or five.

“It was only after Liverpool won the league a couple of times that the rivalry took off. It coincided with the start of hooliganism and both Liverpool and Everton got a ruthless reputation. By 1966/67 Anfield and Goodison Park were dodgy places to visit. This was before the days of crowd segregation, and I remember getting caught in the middle of the odd terrace battle. One game I remember vividly was at Liverpool on 25 March 1967, in the title run-in. It was a three-horse race with Liverpool and Nottingham Forest, and it was a title decider.

"I went with mates from Wythenshawe. None of us wore scarves, hats or badges: it was the start of not wearing your colours away but, perhaps unwisely, we still went on the Kop. Most United fans were at the other end. We stood right in the middle and everything was fine for the first half hour. No goals to cheer, but Tommy Smith was playing and he was always provoked a reaction. Smith wasn’t just Liverpool’s hard man, he was the dirtiest player I’ve ever seen! Shankly used to say he ‘wasn’t born, he was quarried’.

“That afternoon Smith was at it from the word go, clattering Best, Law and anyone else in a United shirt. Eventually after one particularly bad tackle, I gave him some abuse and shouted: ‘Get him off, ref!’ The mood around us changed. A big fella a few feet down the terrace turned and came for me – fortunately, my mate calmed him down. For the rest of the match it was uneasy and we stayed fairly quiet. It ended 0–0, a good result for United and a bad one for Liverpool, whose challenge faded after failing to take the chance to close the gap.”

The Liverpool fan Writer John Mackin, Anfield regular since the mid-1960s and Kop season ticket holder since 1975, edits The Rattle website and is a founding member of Reclaim The Kop...

“Our first season back after promotion, 1962/63, started badly. But two very late goals, including a last-minute penalty by Ronnie Moran, earned us a 3-3 draw at Old Trafford [10 November 1962]. From losing eight of our first 15, we went unbeaten for three-and-a-half months. The following season we won the league, beating United home and away, and I like to think that penalty was the springboard to 30 years of glory.

“I’ve never forgiven Eusebio for missing that sitter at the end of the 1968 European Cup final! Nor have I forgotten a 4-1 defeat to United on 13 December 1969: the first real hammering I witnessed at Anfield. It was devastating to watch your heroes succumb like that – at home. Pathetic on the pitch, bedlam outside.

“We were in decline and, by the end of the season, Shankly had broken up the team of Hunt, St John and Yeats. He began building a new side around Kevin Keegan, John Toshack, Emlyn Hughes and Steve Heighway.”

Quote:
In a league of our own

We couldn’t be closer – or further apart. Travel 30 miles from Manchester to Liverpool, traffic willing, in under an hour, but natives of either city will tell you there are light years between the people. To an outsider it’s a riddle. Proud working-class cities, founded on the sweat and toil of industrial revolution – they should have loads in common. As simplistic as it sounds, perhaps those shared histories provide the answer – it’s precisely because we’re so similar that we’re so different. In this five-part feature we assess the ups, downs and how the rivalry has changed since United and Liverpool began, regularly, going toe-to-toe for honours in the 1960s...

Honours: In the 1960s
United: Leagues 2 (1965, 1967), FA Cups 1 (1963), Charity Shields 2 (1965 – shared with Liverpool, 1967), European Cups 1 (1968)
Liverpool: Leagues 2 (1964, 1966), FA Cups 1 (1965), Charity Shields 1 (1965 – shared)
Title ticker (inc. pre-1960): United 7, Liverpool 7

Last edited by rondwisan; 23-10-2009 at 08:38 AM..
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rondwisan For This Useful Post:
Old 23-10-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reds Rivals - prev decade

22/10/2009 08:54 - ManUtd.com, Steve Morgan
Red rivals: The 1970s

Ch... ch... ch... changes
As punk and new wave kicked out the glam era, the look went from platforms and tank tops to sleek Adidas Sambas and Pringle sweaters – with hair by the Thin White Duke, David Bowie. Our decade-by-decade look at the rivalry between United and Liverpool - with the help of fans who've been there and seen it - continues into the 70s, where the Anfield Reds were the major force on the pitch, while the battle raged to be the most stylish – and hardest – off it...

Decade head to head
League: P17 W2 D5 L10
FA Cup: P3 W2 D1 L0
Overall: P21 W4 D7 L10

The United fan Ian Hough grew up in Salford and started watching United in 1975. Author of the acclaimed Perry Boys, he now lives in the USA and is writing his first novel.

“In May 1977 I went to Cornwall with a mate and his family on holiday. The entire week was scheduled with military precision: a daily 15-mile ramble, without fail. I was a shy kid but made it very clear I wasn’t going anywhere that famous Saturday [21 May, FA Cup final against Liverpool]. I stayed in and watched United thump the Mickeys and overcome the disappointment of the previous year against Southampton. It was a beautiful sunny day in St Ives and everything clumsily fell into place – including the goal Jimmy Greenhoff and Lou Macari scored between themselves. I had total belief in Tommy Docherty’s promise we’d return to Wembley that year and win it. And we did, against Liverpool. The fact that we thwarted their Treble – and still taunt them about that – makes it the gift that keeps on giving.

“The Sex Pistols’ single God Save the Queen was about to be released and Odyssey’s Native New Yorker was an accompaniment to our skateboarding exploits. Later that year, the Stranglers’ Straighten Out and Ram Jam’s Black Betty became part of the Punk craze, along with many more. They were carefree years and the FA Cup carried much more significance than the Champions League does today. Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Star Wars were the latest blockbuster movies, but United outshone anything being shown on the silver screen.”

The Liverpool fan John Mackin again, by now a season-ticket holder on the Kop....

“We did well in the league against United throughout the 1970s. I’ll always cherish some great games in the later part of the decade, especially a 3-1 win at Anfield in February 1978 with goals from Graeme Souness, Ray Kennedy and Jimmy Case. I think that was the game at which a United fan was hit in the nose by a dart, a photo splashed across the Sunday papers the next day – the rivalry had been getting more intense over the preceding decade and was entering its nastiest days. Then victory over Bruges in May [1978] meant we overhauled United and Celtic’s record, winning the European Cup for the second time and establishing ourselves as Europe’s finest club side.

“The following season [1978-79] came a fabulous 3-0 Boxing Day win at Old Trafford, best remembered by travelling Liverpudlians for the vicious clashes in the streets around the ground; things were getting out of hand.

“We’d lost to United in 1977 at Wembley in the Cup final and that hurt, as we deserved to win and went down to a jammy goal. This time round, in a semi-final replay at Goodison, a game I’d convinced myself we could not lose, we were beaten by a Jimmy Greenhoff goal against the run of play. Still, we beat United home and away and won the league – again – that season, which took some of the sting away.”

Quote:
Advantage Liverpool
Liverpool dominated in the 1970s, edging ahead in the title haul, while United's biggest triumph came against the Anfield club in 1977s FA Cup final.

Honours
United:
FA Cups 1 (1977), Charity Shields 1 (1977 – shared with
Liverpool)
Liverpool: League titles 4 (1973, 1976, 1977, 1979), FA Cups 1 (1974),
Charity Shields 4 (1974, 1976, 1977 – shared with United, 1979), European
Cups 2 (1977, 1978), UEFA Cups 2 (1973, 1976), European Super Cups 1 (1977)
Title ticker: United 7, Liverpool 11
Old 23-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

boleh dimasukin ke sini gak

Catatan Sepakbola
Bila MU Bertemu Liverpool
LY Arifin - detiksport

London - Suatu saat sekitar bulan November 1959 Bill Shankly yang menjadi pelatih di Huddersfield didatangi dua petinggi dari Liverpool. Terjadi percakapan yang cuplikannya kira-kira seperti ini:

"Tidakkah Anda berminat menjadi pelatih di klub terbaik Inggris?" tanya salah satu dari kedua petinggi Liverpool itu.

"Mengapa? Apakah Matt Busby mengundurkan diri?’" Shankly balas bertanya.

Kita tahu apa yang ada di benak Shankly, karena Matt Busby sedang berproses menjadi pelatih legendaris Manchester United dan klub itu sedang merajai dunia persepakbolaan Inggris. Sedangkan Liverpool saat itu sudah cukup bergembira duduk di papan tengah divisi dua versi lama Liga Inggris.

Ini sekadar ilustrasi bahwa sebenarnya persaingan paling sengit di antara kedua tim tersebut belumlah terlalu lama. Kalau dihitung sejak Shankly memegang Liverpool tahun 1959, maka persaingan sengit MU dan Liverpool baru berlangsung 50 tahun. Jauh lebih muda dari persaingan sengit antara Liverpool dan Everton yang sudah ada sejak 50 tahun sebelumnya, atau Manchester United dan Manchester City, atau Arsenal dan Tottenham sejak tahun 1930-an, serta Chelsea dan Fulham ataupun Burnley dan Blackburn.

Shankly mengagumi pemain-pemain MU maupun klub itu, tetapi pada saat bersamaan mempunyai tekad membara untuk menggoyang hirarki persepakbolaan Inggris. Membawa Liverpool kembali ke puncak persepakbolaan Inggris. Dialah yang sesungguhnya memantik persaingan sengit antara kedua klub raksasa Inggris ini.

Shankly yang prestasinya biasa-biasa saja sebelum memegang Liverpool, hanya dalam waktu lima tahun membawa Liverpool dari klub papan tengah divisi dua menjadi juara divisi satu menyingkirkan MU maupun -- yang lebih penting lagi sebenarnya -- musuh bebuyutan satu kota sekaligus juara bertahan, Everton. Dua tahun kemudian di tahun 1966 ia mengulangi prestasi itu. Tahun 1965 ia membawa Liverpool menjuarai Piala FA untuk pertama kalinya.

Shankly tidak lagi membawa Liverpool menjadi juara divisi satu hingga tahun 1973. Namun dalam proses kebangkitan Liverpool ia menanamkan rasa percaya diri yang luar biasa bahwa Liverpool tidak kalah besar dengan klub lain. Bahwa bermain untuk Liverpool adalah sebuah kehormatan. Dan andaipun Liverpool tidak menjadi juara, sangat penting untuk mengalahkan mereka yang dianggap terbesar dan tersukses, bagaimanapun caranya, bermain habis-habisan seolah mati hidup tergantung pada pertandingan itu.

Shankly dengan sengaja menjadikan MU sebagai sasaran. Apalagi ketika mereka di tahun 1968 menjadi klub Inggris pertama yang memenangi Piala Champions. Boleh saja MU waktu itu menganggap dirinya klub tersukses, tetapi bertemu Liverpool mereka tahu reputasi itu tak ada artinya. Pertandingan akan berlangsung seperti pertempuran habis-habisan.

Adalah "kehendak" sejarah bahwa di tahun 1970-an MU dan Liverpool bertukar posisi. Ketika revolusi yang diawali oleh Shankly diteruskan Bob Paisley dan kemudian Joe Fagan – dua asisten pelatih Shankly -- membuat Liverpool bukan saja raja Inggris tetapi juga Eropa, nasib MU terpuruk-puruk bahkan sempat terdegradasi ke divisi dua di tahun 1975. Namun perseteruan antara kedua klub sudah terlanjur mapan dan tidak mengendor untuk tidak dikatakan malah makin sengit. Liverpool ganti menjadi klub paling sukses di Inggris tetapi mereka tahu melawan MU adalah persoalan berbeda. MU akan menjadi “Setan Merah” yang sesungguhnya dan Liverpool harus bersiaga tanpa henti.

Sejak pertengahan tahun 60-an itulah pertarungan MU melawan Liverpool menjadi salah satu pertandingan paling sengit dan paling ditunggu publik Inggris, seolah lepas dari konteks keseluruhan kompetisi liga. Kedua klub seperti bertekad, kalaulah tidak menjadi juara maka yang lebih utama bagi MU adalah mengalahkan Liverpool, begitupun sebaliknya.

Kedua klub saling mengukur pencapaian prestasi mereka dari apa yang sudah diraih oleh keduanya. Ingatkah Anda ketika Alex Ferguson untuk pertama kalinya datang ke MU lebih 20 tahun silam? Ketika ditanya wartawan salah satu target utamanya menjadi pelatih di Old Trafford, Ferguson tanpa sungkan menjawab: "Menendang Liverpool dari puncak hirarki sepakbola Inggris."

Seperti Shankly di Liverpool, Ferguson melakukan revolusi di MU. Bedanya, Ferguson bukan sekadar memulai revolusi tetapi juga menjaga revolusi itu untuk tidak padam. Ia masih saja menjadi pelatih hingga kini. Ia memegang janjinya untuk menendang Liverpool dari puncak hirarki sepakbola Inggris. Entah untuk berapa lama lagi.

Kedua klub akan bertemu lagi akhir pekan ini. Kedua pendukung klub akan membawa panji-panji prestasi mereka masing-masing: kami lebih banyak memenangkan Piala Eropa dari kalian, Piala FA kami lebih banyak, prestasi kami lebih bergengsi dan lain sebagainya. Tetapi di hati kecil mereka semuanya tahu, catatan prestasi itu tak lebih dekorasi semata. Yang lebih penting adalah apa yang terjadi selama 90 menit di lapangan.

Pertemuan antara kedua kesebelasan ini ,apapun nama kompetisinya, hanya mempunyai satu konteks: selama 90 menit mana yang lebih hebat, klubmu atau klubku. Peduli amat dengan kompetisi liga, Piala FA, Piala Liga, ataupun Liga Champions. Atau ... ya kami peduli, tapi itu urusan nanti.

==

*) Penulis adalah wartawan detikcom, tinggal di London.
zudomiriku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zudomiriku For This Useful Post:
Old 24-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #4
rondwisan

23/10/2009 08:36 - ManUtd.com, Steve Morgan
Red rivals: The 1980s

Use it up and wear it out
Sports casual hands over to scruff, tweed and Barbour jackets in an era that marked the end of innocence.

Decade head to head
League: P20 W8 D10 L2
FA Cup: P2 W1 D1 L0
League Cup: P2 W0 D0 L2
Charity Shield: P1 W1 D0 L0
Overall: P25 W10 D11 L4

The United fan – Ian Hough:

"My abiding memory – although walking to Lime Street, singing in the darkness after Arthur Albiston’s Anfield winner in October 1981 runs it close – has to be the league match at Old Trafford, April 1980. United won 2-1 and it was the first time I really tasted that edge between the teams. Liverpool had loads of fans and I’d never heard the whole ground singing like that.

"Home fans in the United Road Paddock and seats joined in with every song blasted out by the Stretford End. It was the era of caged-in fans. Every time Liverpool got a throw-in, you could see the crowd roaring abuse at their player as he retrieved the ball. At the end of that game my throat was hoarse, I was totally drained – and the fact we’d won was secondary to the experience."

The Liverpool fan – John Mackin:

"It wasn’t a great decade for us in the league against United. In fact, the finer our team became, the more we struggled to win against them. That’s why the League Cup final in 1983 stands out, coming from behind and winning it with a beautiful curler from Ronny Whelan. A similarly outstanding League Cup effort followed in November 1985, with the stunning equaliser from Jan Molby that almost broke the Kop End net. Winning two more European Cups to push us out of sight of United’s efforts on that score was a great comfort.

“By the end of the decade we were hailed the finest-ever club side, and yet continued to struggle to beat United – Russell Beardsmore even scored against us when we won the league in 1988/89 [as well as Hughes and McClair in a 3-1 New Year’s Day United victory]. Other lows included the 1983 Charity Shield and going down to United and Norman Whiteside in the 1986 Boxing Day clash. Norm got the only goal, our first home defeat of the season and Alex Ferguson’s first away win.

“But the nadir? Gordon Strachan’s goal at Anfield in April 1988 that drew United level after being 3-1 down early in the second half. His ‘cigar smoking’ celebration still makes Liverpudlians crimson-faced with rage!"

Quote:
Honours uneven
Liverpool forge ahead in the title stakes, as United settle for slim cup pickings...

Honours
United:
FA Cups 2 (1983, 1985), Charity Shields 1 (1983)
Liverpool: League titles 6 (1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1988), FA Cups 2
(1986, 1989), League Cups 4 (1981, 1982, 1983, 1984), Charity Shields 5 (1980, 1982, 1986, 1988, 1989), European Cups 2 (1981, 1984)
Title ticker: United 7, Liverpool 17
Old 24-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
rondwisan

Quote:
Football League Division One
24 October 1981 at Anfield

LIVERPOOL 1
McDermott (pen)

MANCHESTER UNITED 2
Moran, Albiston

Liverpool: Grobbelaar; Neal, Thompson, Hansen, Lawrenson; Lee, McDermott, Souness, Kennedy; Dalglish, Johnson (Whelan).

United: Bailey; Gidman, Moran, Buchan, Albiston; Moses, Wilkins, Robson, Coppell; Stapleton, Birtles. Sub not used: Duxbury.
24/10/2009 00:01 - Manutd.com, Mike Shaw
Flashback: Liverpool '81

United travelled to Merseyside on 24 October 1981 with high expectations.

Yes, Liverpool were the Champions of Europe, having beaten Real Madrid in May, but Bob Paisley’s side had made a slow start and were languishing in 10th place. The visitors, under the new management of Ron Atkinson, were third, having won seven of the previous ten games.

Action: After a frantic start in which new signing Bryan Robson dragged a good chance wide and Gary Bailey denied Ray Kennedy, United drew first blood - Kevin Moran tapping home after Frank Stapleton’s header had been saved. Graeme Souness smashed a shot against the post shortly before half time and both sides had chances in the second half before Moran was adjudged to have fouled Ronnie Whelan. When Terry McDermott smashed home from the spot, it looked as if the points might be shared. Cue Arthur Albiston for his moment of magic, swapping passes with Stapleton and rifling into the bottom corner to send United top of the table.

Reaction: Despite a bright start it wasn’t to be United’s season. Liverpool rallied to win back the title they had given up a year earlier to Aston Villa while Atkinson's men had to settle for third place, five points behind Bobby Robson’s Ipswich.

On the radio: Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin topped the single charts with It’s My Party while The Police sat atop the album chart with Ghost in the Machine.

In the news: General strikes brought Poland to a standstill; more than 250,000 people marched through the streets of London on a rally organised by the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament; the LA Dodgers beat the New York Yankees 8-7 on their way to winning the World Series.

Last edited by rondwisan; 24-10-2009 at 10:48 AM..
Old 25-10-2009, 12:49 AM   #6
rondwisan

Default Re: Rivalitas Merah di Inggris

24/10/2009 09:21 - ManUtd.com, Steve Morgan
Red rivals: The 1990s

Moving on up After two decades of Mersey magnificence, a power shift arrived. Liverpool opened the '90s with title 18, but United were back, and how.

Decade head to head
League: P20 W8 D7 L5
FA Cup: P2 W2 D0 L0
League Cup: P1 W1 D0 L0
Overall: P24 W11 D 8 L5

The United fan Pete Boyle, United’s modern-day songsmith, went to his first game in 1975. He had to wait 17 years to see his first United title-winning side, but has greatly enjoyed the 11 in the 17 years since...

“If you’d have told me at the start of the 1990s that Liverpool would go 20 years without winning the title, I’d have assumed you’d banged your head in a big way. April 1992 was a bleak month for United.

“Nowhere was this more evident than at Anfield when Leeds’ title win was rubbed in and Ian Rush finally scored against United in a 2-0 Liverpool victory [26 April 1992]. The following season, however, goals from Mark Hughes and Brian McClair either side of an Ian Rush strike for Liverpool resulted in us winning at Anfield [2-1, 6 March 1993] en route to finally lifting the title after 26 years of trying. The next Anfield encounter [4 January 1994] is loved by neutrals and Scousers, but I don’t look back fondly at a game when we were 3-0 up, only to draw 3-3!

"Although we lost a couple of times at Anfield during the 1990s, the decade belonged to us. Six league titles, four FA Cups, European Cup, Cup Winners’ Cup and a League Cup; two Doubles and a Treble. It’s hard to pick a victory over Liverpool between Eric’s winner in the 1996 FA Cup final to secure the first double Double or Ole’s injury time-winner in the FA Cup in 1999 [24 Jan at Old Trafford]. Both are awesome in so many similar, yet so many different ways.”

The Liverpool fan Nick Moore worked on the Liverpool matchday programme between 2001 and 2003. Now a freelance journalist and regular contributor to FourFourTwo, he still has sleepless nights recalling David James’s goalkeeping.

“My highlight – Liverpool 3 United 3, 4 January 1994 – doesn’t really qualify as a proper glorious moment: afterwards there was more a massive sense of relief that we hadn’t been totally humiliated. United were 3-0 up after 24 minutes and their fans were laughing in our faces. They’d just won the league for the first time in 26 years and it was horribly embarrassing – we just had to stand there and take it. We’d been taking the mick out of them for years about our domestic dominance and the boot was suddenly on the other foot.

“Our comeback was great for several reasons: it was extremely exciting, the best Liverpool-United game of the decade. We also scored three goals in front of the Kop, two from Nigel Clough and a heroic header from Neil Ruddock (who could barely walk after scoring). But the main reason was because it felt like we could compete with them, and perhaps were still at United’s level.

“As it happened, we weren’t anywhere close. But at that point it had only been four years since we’d last won the league and there was a general assumption that the natural order would soon be restored. A great game and a great night. Totally unlike the 1996 FA Cup final defeat. A loathsome, tedious game, with a hateful atmosphere outside and a terrible performance from a Liverpool team that had been playing brilliant and expansive football all season – a fact that gets lost amid the Spice Boys, white suits sneering nonsense. They were a genuinely good team – we were confident of winning – but they didn’t perform. Horrible. I still don’t like thinking about it.”

Quote:
Power shift

The Ferguson era changed everything, as players like Andy Cole helped to knock Liverpool off their perch...

Honours: In the 1990s
United:
League titles 5 (1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1999), FA Cups 4 (1990, 1994, 1996, 1999), League Cups 1 (1992), Charity Shields 5 (1990 – shared with Liverpool, 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997), European Champions Leagues 1 (1999), European Cup Winners’ Cups 1 (1991), European Super Cups 1 (1991), Intercontinental Cups 1(1999)
Liverpool: League titles 1 (1990), FA Cups 1 (1992), League Cups 1 (1995), Charity Shields 1 (1990 – shared with United)
Title ticker: United 12, Liverpool 18
Old 25-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #7
rondwisan

Top five Liverpool-Manchester United classics
by Bobby Chew, Bleacher Report - October 23, 2009, 4:09 PM EDT

There is no greater rivalry in English football than Liverpool and Manchester United.

The two most successful club sides in England will meet each other this Sunday at Anfield and, with Liverpool reeling from four successive defeats — their worst run since 1987 — Manchester United could not have hoped for a better time to avenge last season's results.

Having lost four times already in the league, Liverpool are facing a 'backs-to-the-wall' type game. Though the Liverpool players are no strangers to adversary and have always thrived when written off, this meeting with Manchester United may be a match that they would not look forward to.

Rafa Benitez could be staring at a fifth Premier League defeat, a loss that could potentially end Liverpool's chances of becoming league champions this season. The fragile defense is a worry for Liverpool and the midfield has been poor against stronger opposition.

The continued presence of Lucas in center midfield means that Liverpool will never offer any creative attacking thrust. Just why Benitez keep selecting him remains a mystery to all long-suffering Liverpool fans.

To make matters worse, the potential absence of both Gerrard and Torres this Sunday would render Liverpool's frontline toothless. It is worrying times at Anfield and Rafa will need to rally the troops in order to get something from the game. With problems in all areas of the team, even a draw on Sunday would be seen as a positive result for Liverpool.

Are we in for a classic? Hardly, but there have been some very entertaining matches which ended in draws between these two clubs.

Here are my top five classics of Liverpool-Manchester United draws:

1. Liverpool 3-3 Manchester United (January 4, 1994)

This amazing match had everything. In the space of 24 minutes, United had raced into a three-goal lead. Nigel Clough was the inspiration for Liverpool in this match. Lashing home from 25 yards and then running onto a loose ball to score a second 13 minutes later, he kept Liverpool in the match.

Neil Ruddock completed an unbelievable comeback with a powerful header 11 minutes from time and Anfield erupted, celebrating an unlikely stalemate.

2. Liverpool 3-3 Manchester United (April 4, 1998)

United traveled to Anfield 11 points adrift of champions-elect Liverpool, but the Red Devils still harbored hopes of overhauling their rivals. These hopes received a boost when Bryan Robson put United in front.

However, in a whirlwind spell either side of halftime, Peter Beardsley, Gary Gillespie and Steve McMahon netted for Liverpool. Robson dragged United back into the game with his second, only for the dismissal of Colin Gibson to deal them a potentially fatal blow.

Gordon Strachan had other ideas though, grabbing an equaliser 12 minutes from time. The rivalry between Alex Ferguson and Kenny Dalglish also grabbed headlines that day, with Dalglish claiming that his daughter Lauren made more sense than Fergie.

3. Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool (October 1, 1995)

Eric Cantona's return to first team football after the infamous kung fu kick was the highlight before the game. His assist brought the first goal for Manchester United. Roy Evans' Liverpool played magnificently against a United side which would go on to claim the double.

Robbie Fowler took center stage that afternoon, cancelling out Nicky Butt's early effort with a unstoppable shot.

He then scored a second, brushing off Gary Neville and then beating Peter Schmeichel with an exquisite lob. The script could not have been better written as Cantona, inevitably hit home a 71st minute penalty equaliser before twirling around the goal stanchion in celebration.

Liverpool, under Roy Evans, had a lot of talent but could not fulfil the promise shown during those "Spice Boys" period.

4. Liverpool 2-2 Manchester United (May 5, 1999)

United were locked in a head-to-head battle with Arsenal for the Premier League title and traveled to Anfield to face a Liverpool side with little left to play for in the season other than denying the Red Devils success and avenging their earlier FA Cup defeat.

United, though, appeared unflustered as a first half Yorke goal gave them the lead before Irwin doubled the advantage from the penalty spot on 56 minutes.

Liverpool were handed a lifeline when Jamie Redknapp hit home a controversial penalty to start Anfield rocking and Irwin then received his marching orders in equally dubious style to give the Kop a scent of a point. Former United ace Paul Ince duly obliged as he fired an equaliser with one minute remaining.

United, though, were to have the last laugh as they went on to pip Arsenal to the title by one point.

5. Manchester United 2-2 Liverpool (October 18, 1992)

Mark Hughes was Manchester United's hero with two goals in the final 11 minutes as the Old Trafford side clawed back from a two-goal deficit with fierce rivals Liverpool. Hughes struck in the 79th and 89th minutes to stun Graeme Souness' Merseysiders, who looked to be cruising to a comfortable victory.

There was some consolation though, as Ian Rush claimed the goalscoring record from Roger Hunt when he scored his 287th goal for Liverpool.

Can Liverpool get their defensive act together and start winning again? Should Rafa Benitez be held responsible for Liverpool's poor run due to questionable tactical formations and use of players?

Michael Owen will relish returning to Anfield and I am sure the Kop will give him a reception that he will not forget. Anfield comes alive in the big games and this Sunday should be no different.
Old 26-10-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
rondwisan

25/10/2009 18:14 - ManUtd.com, Steve Morgan
Red rivals: The 2000s

Head-to-head,
Liverpool actually had the better of United in the 2000s - their 2-0 win on 25 October 2009 tipping the balance in their favour over 23 games in all competitions. But when you compare silverware, it's a very different story...

Decade head to head
League: P20 W10 D2 L8
FA Cup: P1 W0 D0 L1
League Cup: P1 W0 D0 L1
Charity Shield: P1 W0 D0 L1
Overall: P23 W10 D2 L11

The United fan Pete Boyle

“Although Liverpool spoilt the party by defeating us a few times at Old Trafford, and beating us in the League Cup final in Cardiff in 2003 and even winning the European Cup again in 2005, the claim to be ‘back on their perch’ rings a bit hollow, as the number of their title-less years could move to 20 this season. The nightmare of that day in March at Old Trafford last season [the 4-1 home defeat, 14 March 2009] was somewhat eased by lifting the title for the third year in succession and equalling Liverpool's record of 18 league championships.

“The parallels between United’s great teams – at times – in the 1980s that couldn’t find the consistency required to lift the title – and were incapable of sustaining a challenge if Bryan Robson was out injured – are so similar to Liverpool’s reliance on Steven Gerrard, it’s untrue. As much as I hate Liverpool, I do have a grudging respect for what the club achieved during the 1970s and 1980s. I’m always proud that we achieved bigger crowds though, despite their success!”

The Liverpool fan Nick Moore

“It has to be Liverpool 3-1 United: 4 November 2001. An incredible atmosphere, two typical Michael Owen goals and a brilliant Riise blockbuster free-kick – he’d just signed and looked absolutely mustard (which sadly turned out not to be true). The terrible ‘John Arne Riise (ooh, aah) I wanna know how you scored that goal!’song was chanted with much vim all afternoon. It was pretty cheesy but it certainly annoyed the United fans. Also, we’d won our cup treble the year before and there was a feeling Gerard Houllier’s team was about to come good in the league.

“This turned out to be nonsense, but it felt nice at the time. You need hope – like in the League Cup final win in 2003. United were all over us but Jerzy Dudek pulled off loads of great saves. While the 1-0 win at Old Trafford the following season [24 April 2004] was satisfying (Danny Murphy’s goal derailed United’s league push that year), it’s always great to beat your biggest rivals in a final."
Quote:
Reds still reign supreme
Sir Alex Ferguson celebrates after guiding United to league title 18 - the same number won by Liverpool. Now the race for 19 will take us into a new decade...

Honours
United:
League titles 6 (2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009), FA Cups 1 (2004), League cups 2 (2006, 2009), Charity/Community Shields 3 (2003, 2007, 2008), European Champions Leagues 1 (2008), Club World Cups 1 (2008)
Liverpool: FA Cups 2 (2001, 2006), League Cups 2 (2001, 2003), Charity Shields 2 (2001, 2006), European Champions Leagues 1 (2005), UEFA Cups 1 (2001), European Super Cups 2 (2001, 2005)
Title ticker: United 18, Liverpool 18
Old 26-10-2009, 09:57 AM   #9
rondwisan

more pics ..., just klick below yaa ...

http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum...ead.php?t=1073
The Following User Says Thank You to rondwisan For This Useful Post:
Old 31-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #10
bulebolsblue
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
bulebolsblue has no contributions yet

Tahukah Anda...?

Klub pertama yang menyanyikan lagu "You'll Never Walk Alone" sama sekali bukan Liverpool, melainkan oleh penggemar dari rival terberat mereka, Manchester United.

Lagu "You'll Never Walk Alone" ditulis oleh Richard Rodgers dan Oscar Hammerstein II untuk sebuah acara musik bernama Carousel pada 1945.

Kemudian pada 1958, lagu ini untuk pertama kalinya dikumandangkan oleh fans United dalam sebuah pertandingan di markas mereka, stadion Old Trafford. Kala itu, kelompok musisi New Mills Operatic Society menyiapkan lagu ini untuk musikal Carousel, dan mereka menyanyikan lagu ini pada pertandingan kandang United untuk menghormati 23 orang (termasuk delapan pemain United) yang tewas dalam tragedi kecelakaan pesawat di Munich pada 6 Februari 1958.

Fans United terus menyanyikan "You'll Never Walk Alone" hingga 1963, ketika band asal Liverpool Gerry & The Pacemakers merekam lagu ini untuk dirilis sebagai single. Lantas, para pendukung Setan Merah menghapus "You'll Never Walk Alone" dalam daftar nyanyian mereka.

Pada 4 November 1963, tembang "You'll Never Walk Alone" mencapai urutan teratas dalam daftar lagu pop di Inggris selama empat pekan, bahkan mengalahkan lagu "I Want To Hold Your Hand" karya The Beatles.

Selanjutnya, "You'll Never Walk Alone" diresmikan sebagai lagu 'kebangsaan' Liverpool, disusul klub lainnya yang menjadikan lagu tersebut sebagai anthem antara lain Hibernian dan Celtic (keduanya dari Skotlandia), Feyenoord dan FC Twente (keduanya Eredivisie Belanda), Club Brugge (Belgia), FSV Mainz 05 dan HSV Hamburg (keduanya Bundesliga Jerman) dan F.C. Tokyo (Jepang).

maaf kalo repost..hehe..
bulebolsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bulebolsblue For This Useful Post:

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 231
@edosarag1h, abeat_bjm, abramkeano, aden_dablank, Adhitya Pria Pratama, aditya "alex" ferguson, adri77, adrianmunaf, adriano_ronaldo, ady_penajam, afantarisal, agaVan, agitaerfan, akbar15, aladin201, aldiansyah, ali_iyan, Alzeleven, anandyabayu, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andluthfi, andre bloggers, AntiFraud, aqsa_creator, ardi 19, Ardiey11, asby_ansya, azisfirdaus, babol cantona, bambangdp, betetabet, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, Boim54, bombom, botaqsaja, BQbgGHbqbp, bucay deathbat, Budigool, Bulma, chonk, ChrisHerrera, copoholic, danangpamungkas, dani_MU, dark_man, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, destyawan, dhafiarf, Dhie_Cantona07, dhodoadrian, dickclitz, doddlez, doni agus setiawan, dudut, dyan_giggs, ebod_path, ecly_watchaa, edroid, edwarazmi, EGnxPEthtx, Emank_1412, Endro Gatez, endysetyo, Enosnosnos, fajrinited, fantasista92, fatzzjoe, Febribule, FebryNB, fey777, FherDaSilvaTwins, fikrirf, firmanda, FZwrLUcoom, GeaErang, Genk's007, George The Best | 7, Gillang AlFarid, goodmin, gundamwingpilot, guptayp, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, handikaprakasa, Hand_rooney, hari fitriyanto, havidic, hendrikYP, HMzqLWaylr, Huitailang, iammancunian, iamsetia, Iccankikhsan, id4y, IJHammadi, ilyasprawibawa, ImamAF, ipanx, irfi_1, Jerimia8, jifortin, Jodirama, jrbt2009, kang_adin, kaosunited, kDuT, khalid, kinGAurum, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kokobase_6, koyo, kungfucantona, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, larukuga, Laurentius Ravel, littlebig, lusiarha, lutviarfiansyah, Maulidi, mbah mangun, mirzarusli7, moehfar, mohan, moiragoatil, Mr.Legend, MUFC1878, MUforMe, MuhammadTegarAl, mutenaru, mYa United, mygalzbiatch, namakutyoaja, ndre gea, nobidon, oldark, onopuccino, opisik, OSziXXoztn, OYrmKRgssa, p4cul, paiman, penk22_, Peppiredarmy, pojan, Pure_red, r.giggs11, rahmatedi, rasyidrdh, raymond, Rayyan, razerz, Red Stain, Redsbusby, Regasiqbal, RFHeijden, ricky_cleverley, rio vander vidic, Rissa14, riza_gilbab, rizkymaldy, robby7beckham, RyanRezha, saka7, sakaputra, sandya23, SatriaRedArmy, satrio anggoro, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, setipp48, setto1979, skater.cute, sompretz, stamansa, stefano_will, tamiCarrick, taufikdevil, taufiq rachman, theater of dream, thixie_z, togarmulia, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, Triguna Wibawa, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, unixduabelas, VaDLi, vankyoet, vanquish, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, vedesma, Victory, VitaChicharito, vizky, weelblack, Wengge Schmeichel, widodosimarmata, widy, william metta, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, YRgoFManpm, yudhiekasaputra, yuyuy bz, zan_mufc, Zee de Wazza, Zhacc20, zudomiriku, [skywalker]