United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 20-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #21
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Dion Dublin

Sayang Dion Dublin lebih dikenal sebagai mantan bintang Aston Villa ketimbang Manchester United (maklum dulu di United lebih sering cidera) padahal permainannya cukup bagus menurut saya

Former Aston Villa star Dion Dublin will help Prince's Trust set wheels in motion

by Jasbir Authi, Birmingham Mail

FORMER Aston Villa star Dion Dublin will be swapping his football boots for cycling gear as he takes part in a 45-mile trek for the Prince’s Trust.

For the first time, the Trust’s Palace to Palace mass cycle to raise funds to help disadvantaged young people, will be taking in the sights of the West Midlands.

The event will see 1,000 cyclists ride 45,000 miles through the Warwickshire countryside on May 20, raising funds to help unemployed young people into work.

Dublin, who is now a Prince’s Trust ambassador, will embark on the 45-mile route, which starts at Warwick Castle, and heads through villages and alongside Kenilworth Castle before returning to Warwick.

The charity’s regional director Paul Beesley said: “Palace to Palace is aimed at cyclists of all abilities who want to take part in a challenging but fun event where they get to cycle through beautiful locations. People can take part individually, or in larger groups, and all money raised will support The Prince’s Trust in helping change young lives in the West Midlands.”

Chris Hanks, general manager at insurer Allianz, which is backing the event, said: “We are delighted to be supporting The Prince’s Trust Palace to Palace.

“I would encourage as many people as possible to get involved, in what promises to be a very exciting day, while at the same time raising money to help vulnerable young people.”

Cyclists are asked to pay a £35 registration fee and aim to raise at least £45 sponsorship money.

Family and friends of participants will be offered a discounted entrance fee to Warwick Castle on the day.

For more information about Palace to Palace, or to sign up, visit www.princes-trust.org.uk/palace

Source : http://www.birminghammail.net
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Seandainya dulu Dublin tidak cidera, besar kemungkinan ia berkesempatan bermain dengan Scholes ...

'Scholes Masih Layak Bela Timnas Inggris'

Bola.net - Paul Scholes pasti diterima dengan tangan terbuka andai mau kembali ke skuad timnas Inggris, demikian diyakini mantan penyerang Manchester United, Dion Dublin.

Manajer sementara The Three Lions, Stuart Pearce Kamis ini dijadwalkan merilis skuad yang akan ia persiapkan untuk laga persahabatan lawan Belanda, dan banyak pihak meyakini jika Scholes masih layak masuk dalam pertimbangannya.

Sebelum mengundurkan diri dari kursi manajer Inggris, Fabio Capello pun sudah pernah merayu Scholes untuk kembali membela negaranya di Piala Dunia 2010 namun usahanya untuk memanggil Scholes kembali ke timnas sejak mundur usai Euro 2004, menemui kegagalan.

Manajer Setan Merah, Sir Alex Ferguson sudah menepis kemungkinan pemain berjuluk The Ginger Prince itu kembali ke timnas, namun Dublin punya pandangan lain.

"Saya bisa melihat (kemungkinan) itu. Saya bayangkan jika Anda membuat polling dari para pemain, tak akan banyak yang menolak Paul Scholes ada di tim mereka. Ia sudah melawan usianya sendiri," tutur Dublin.

"Ia tak kehilangan hasratnya untuk permainan ini. Ia memiliki aura yang membuat Anda berpikir ia bisa melakukan segalanya. Ia adalah pemain yang amat spesial." (espn/row)
Old 31-10-2012, 04:17 PM   #23
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Thanked 1,219 Times in 846 Posts
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
theater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant future

Visit theater of dream's Facebook Visit theater of dream's Twitter

Sedikit cerita2 dengan Dion Dublin..

BBC Sport meets former England striker Dion Dublin...

What is your current status?

At the moment I do lots of work for the BBC - mainly Final Score, Football Focus and Match of the Day 2. I have also got my own percussion drum company and a shopfitting company. I also manage bands and a gospel choir. I've got nothing going on really.

Would you win Britain's Got Talent?

I probably wouldn't win it. Maybe perhaps if I did basketball shooting from the free-throw line.

Would you become a manager?

I've dabbled in it and thought about it. But right now, no. I'm enjoying my jobs too much and couldn't handle the sort of stress that comes with management right now.

Which player gave you the toughest time?

Gary Pallister, who is now my best friend in football. He knew everything about me, plus he's taller, stronger and faster than me - just basically better. Pallister was a nightmare to play against but he is a lovely bloke.

How many times have you been asked about the rumour your dad was in Showaddywaddy?

It's now 428,000 times. That rumour started a long time ago.

What's this about you inventing an instrument?

Yes - the Dube - as in cube. It's a percussion drum I invented eight years ago while playing for Norwich. I made the first one on my own and it is now in production.

Chelsea and Manchester United played each other in the Premier League on Sunday and meet again in the Capital One League Cup on Wednesday. What do you make of their respective seasons so far?

Chelsea have been outstanding. They probably have the best squad of players that the Premier League has seen for some time. Manchester United will continue to be the best in the league as long as Sir Alex Ferguson remains in charge. They've always got a chance of winning something when he is managing them.

You played at Cambridge United, could you have gone to Cambridge University?

No. Maybe to the visitors' centre.

John Beck [former Cambridge United manager] or Sir Alex Ferguson?

Good question. Sir Alex Ferguson every day when it come to managers. As a nutter, John Beck.

When you look at results, who do you look out for?

Norwich City and Cambridge United.

What was the highlight of your career?

At Wembley in 1990. The match finished Cambridge 1-0 Chesterfield and I scored the only goal, which was also the first in a play-off final. It ensured that we went up from the fourth tier. The other highlight would be walking out for my England debut in 1998.

Who was the best dancer you played with or against?

Second best you mean? Marcus Hall was left-back at Coventry City when I played there. He had a few moves.

What was your biggest regret in football?

Not playing more times for Manchester United. I would have liked to have had three, four, five seasons there. I wanted to be able to work out whether I was big enough to play for the biggest club in the world. It was out of my hands because not long after joining in 1992 I broke my leg.

Would you follow your former United team-mate Eric Cantona into movies?

Yes I would. I'd like to star in band movies, jazz movies, action movies. Any movie. Give me a movie.

Which sporting icons would you invite to dinner?

Michael Jordan - he would be first on the list. Richard Pryor is not a sporting icon and he is no longer with us, but I would have liked to have dinner with him. Nelson Mandela and Sting as well. That'll do - I've only got four chairs around my table.

What do you make of Twitter?

It is useful if you use it in the right way. Read before you post.

What do you make of the current state of football?

On the pitch, it is very good. There has been coverage of racism lately, but I am sick of speaking about it. Each time you speak about the racists it enhances their importance. Lets get racism in sport sorted.

Who or what impressed you at the Olympics? Would you be good at any of the events?

There is no Olympic sport I think I'd be OK at - although I'm not bad at table tennis and basketball. My favourite moment was when Briton Peter Wilson won the double trap gold in shooting. It was exceptional. I went on a Question of Sport with him two weeks later.

What's the best bit of advice you've ever had?

Football's the best job in the world.

Who will win the Premier League this season?

Manchester United.

Dion Dublin was speaking to BBC Sport's Saj Chowdhury.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
theater of dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #24
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Tidak menyangka juga nih Dion Dublin dilibatkan dalam #IAMUNITED di New York beberapa waktu lalu karena selama ini dia lebih banyak dikaitkan dengan klub Aston Villa. Saya ingat nonton aksinya tahun 1997 saat lawan United di SCTV lumayan bagus juga lho. Sekarang jadi club ambassador United juga yach ?
Old 05-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #25
iamsetia
first team
Setia Karpet Bireun

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
iamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to all
Visit iamsetia's Twitter

jika dublin tidak cedera kita mungkin tidak akan mengenal sosok Eric Cantona

Dion Dublin gave United the best gift

Short and sweet, without Dion Dublin’s broken leg Manchester United would never have been graced with Eric Cantona – at least that’s what he says. The upbeat Englishman may not have had the most impressive career with United, but he certainly had the promise to do so. It would be wrong to sit here and indicate that Dublin could have captivated United the way Cantona did, but nonetheless his presence (or lack thereof) was felt. As he suffered a broken leg in just his second appearance, “The King” was able to take the first team by storm – and from there United have never looked back. Amassing only 12 appearances for the club, Dion Dublin to this day with a glimmer in his eye admits jokingly that he is the reason for United’s trophies over the years as Cantona undoubtedly made United a desirable club to join due to it’s success.

Was his career in jeopardy after breaking his leg in only his second appearance? Without question – but Dublin did not fear for his career after suffering the injury set-back. Instead, he struggled with the fact that there was no way back after Cantona joined the ranks due to his instant attacking prowess. The Frenchman was United’s savior as he tallied 82 goals in 185 appearances for the Red Devils. Simply put, Cantona was United’s engine that fueled their drive for perfection. With a popped collar and the devilish sneer, Eric Cantona took over the hearts of Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United supporters worldwide – especially with that brilliant chip against Sunderland, I know I’ll never forget that moment.

Now back to Dublin, whom spoke with ESPN Classic awhile back and told them: “I am the reason why Man United have won all those trophies – it is down to me, it really is. I break my leg and then they bring in this has-been called Cantona who just takes the world of football by storm.” Although he certainly is not the most remembered because of the simple fact of his length of stay, the most endearing of United supporters understand his importance. Players like Dublin are what makes United a unique club: full of promise, history, and the overarching understanding that the team comes first. It almost comes without saying that injuries are never a desired way for a players career to end at a certain club; however, Dublin had his silver lining as he did not end his professional career until 2008. After being released by United he went on to a successful career at Coventry City and Aston Villa before concluding his playing days with Norwich City.

The man still even considers himself a Red as he often refers to himself as “we” in regards to both he and his former club. Of course no one is going to forget his Premier League Golden Boot in 1997/98, but his story proves there is more to life beyond football. Away from football he has quickly become an accomplished amateur percussionist and even invented a new instrument in which he named “The Dube.” With a brilliant football mind and a even brighter sense of humor, Dion Dublin is a true mastermind in terms of being an ambassador for the world’s most beautiful game. Personally, if I look back at some of my all time greats at United both from a personal and impact standpoint – I’d for certain place Dion Dublin within the top 10 simply because of his dedication to the world of football – and more importantly to the beloved club, Manchester United.

More importantly, to this day Dion Dublin offers fans with that extra bit of comedic relief that allows Manchester United to move forward. Mistakes and injuries are bound to happen in football but it’s about the moves after, the replacements and the success stories which thrive afterwards. His warm mentality to this day embodies United: a club dedicated to individual players successes while at the same time remaining dedicated to the development of a team atmosphere. Even more so, what a jokester right? In a way Dublin is right, not in the sense of the enormous trophy cabinet that Sir Alex Ferguson has instead, in terms of bringing The King to Old Trafford.

Code:
http://strettynews.com/dion-dublin-gave-united-the-best-gift/

Last edited by iamsetia; 05-06-2013 at 07:07 PM..
iamsetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 12:34 AM   #26
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Dublin Yakin MU Bisa Juara Musim Depan

Bola.net - Mantan penyerang Manchester United, Dion Dublin, meyakini bahwa Louis Van Gaal akan bisa membawa Setan Merah meraih trofi musim depan.

Sejak ditinggalkan oleh Sir Alex Ferguson pada tahun 2013 lalu, performa dan prestasi United menurun drastis. Mereka gagal total ketika dibesut David Moyes. Namun, penampilan mereka sedikit membaik ketika dibesut oleh Van Gaal di musim 2014-2015 ini. Setan Merah berhasil masuk posisi empat besar EPL. Atas dasar itulah, Dublin meyakini bahwa United musim depan bakal bisa meraih gelar juara.

"United akan kembali. Mereka akan memenangkan sesuatu musim ini," serunya seperti dilansir Sport Review.

Dublin menambahkan, ia yakin MU bakal bisa menjadi juara karena Van Gaal bakal bisa merekrut pemain sesuai keinginannya dan ia juga sudah mengenal sudah anak-anak asuhnya yang ada saat ini dengan lebih baik.

"Saya yakin Van Gaal akan mulai mendapatkan pemain-pemain yang ia inginkan. Ia sudah menyatu dengan baik tahun lalu dan mengenal skuatnya dengan lebih baik," ujarnya.

"Sekarang sudah waktunya bagi Van Gaal untuk menggali pengalamannya, dan melakukan hal-hal yang sedikit berbeda untuk membawa United kembali seperti saat masih ditangani Sir Alex dahulu," pungkasnya. (tsr/dim)

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 22
aldorioclev23, Andi Istiabudi, dudut, GentaP, iamsetia, jonajoni, mygalzbiatch, Nickz09, penk22_, rio vander vidic, SR 7, theater of dream, Trezz Kiko, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, VaDLi, Vanz Wazza, Victory, w.keane27, Yayat Dg Kulle