United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 09-01-2019, 07:56 PM   #101
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Sergio Romero

ROMERO REVEALS EXACTLY HOW HE TRAINS AT UNITED

Following his Man-of-the-Match performance against Reading in the Emirates FA Cup, Sergio Romero has revealed the specific work on the training pitch that helps make him one of the best back-up goalkeepers in world football.

The Argentinian drew masses of post-match acclaim from Reds fans after his display in the 2-0 win over the Royals, which was only his third start of the season.

Recently, we asked Sergio – known as ‘Chiqui’ to his team-mates – to give us some insight into his current training techniques, as he and his colleagues tackle United’s mid-season camp in Dubai.

“We are working at the moment with Emilio [Alvarez] and the other goalkeeping coaches, putting in a lot of good work, hard work,” revealed United’s no. 22.

“For example, recently we were working on crosses. It’s not just one single action or reaction but a multi-functional task to train as a goalkeeper and to train goalkeepers as a coach as well.

“We look at clearances, punches, kicking from the box, blocks, of course, and stopping strikes on goal. Also we work on speed and how quickly you can drop to the ground to make a block, combating difficult balls and strikes on goal.

“There is a lot of work one-to-one to maintain a high level of competence and ability. We put in a lot of hard work as it helps us maximise the potential we have to do some great goalkeeping.

“The key is always to mix it up and have a variety of different activities,“ he explained. ”In the build-up days to any match, we tend to work on our reactions and on crosses. In the days prior to that, we do what I call heavier work – work on the legs, physical strength and building up your body strength. Closer to the match, it comes down to blocks, distribution and reactions.”

After the third-round win against Reading – in which Romero made important saves to deny Danny Loader, Andy Yiadom, Callum Harriott and Sone Aluko – Romero and co jetted to the Middle East, where they will prepare for Sunday’s match against Tottenham.

The clash will be caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s first test against one of the Premier League’s leading sides, but Romero prefers to speak effusively about United’s own form, rather than the opposition.

“We’ve had a great run,” he states. “Not just the results, but the way in which we have won the games as well. Scoring five goals in one match was a big boost to confidence and was really something. What we’re showing now, after a great Christmas, is only right for a club of this stature, [it] proves what we can do. The run we’ve had over Christmas and new year is testament to that.

“[The manager] knows what he wants to achieve – both for the club and us as individuals. On the pitch and within the club, he has made it very clear from the outset so we know the expectation of us inside the club and externally. You can see he has brought to the club a certain happiness and it is going well.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #102
jojo poenya
first team
#MemberExpired

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
jojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to all
Visit jojo poenya's Facebook Visit jojo poenya's Twitter

Sergio Romero has conceded just two goals in 11 #EmiratesFACup games for #MUFC! ⛔️

fallout mariposa military base

#2019BackToForum
#MemberExpired
jojo poenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #103
jojo poenya
first team
#MemberExpired

jojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to all

UNITED INDONESIA MEMBERI UCAPAN KEPADA SERGIO ROMERO

happy birthday , wish you all the best from indonesia

#2019BackToForum
#MemberExpired

Last edited by jojo poenya; 22-02-2019 at 03:17 PM..
Old 22-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #104
jojo poenya
first team
#MemberExpired

#2019BackToForum
#MemberExpired
Old 22-02-2019, 10:40 PM   #105
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Selamat ultah untuk Romero, semoga sukses karirnya bersama United dan timnas Argentina

Old 22-02-2019, 11:06 PM   #106
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Birthday boy Sergio Romero challenges Lee Grant to play Mr and Mr… in Spanish!
Video lengkapnya bisa ditonton di akun Facebook atau Twitter resmi Manchester United

Old 04-03-2019, 09:01 AM   #107
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Sergio Romero breaks Guinness World Record for most goals scored from the halfway line in one minute... with the Man United keeper bagging TWENTY!

* Goalkeeper Sergio Romero has become a new Guinness World Record holder
* The Manchester United star scored 20 goals from the halfway line in 60 seconds
* Phil Jones and Ander Herrera also attempted to break the previous record
* The stopper is expected to return to action in United's FA Cup tie against Wolves

Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero has become a Guinness World Record holder by scoring the most goals from the halfway line in 60 seconds.

The Argentine shot-stopper managed to score twenty times from the halfway line in one minute.

Romero was among three Man United stars to attempt to break the previous record of five, along with Phil Jones and Ander Herrera.

The Argentinian receives a framed certificate from a Guinness World Records representative. The Manchester United star scored 20 goals from the halfway line in 60 seconds

Jones also made a creditable attempt, scoring 19 in the title attempt organised by club partner MoPlay.

Meanwhile, Herrera finished third with 14 goals, adding: 'I didn't expect it was going to be that tough.'

Challenge-winning Romero also alluded to the difficulty of the challenge, saying: 'I need some water and oxygen.'

Phil Jones and Ander Herrera also attempted to break the previous record of five

Herrera said he did not expect the Guinness World Record attempt to be so tough

The stopper is expected to return to action in United's FA Cup tie against Wolves on March 16

Romero first joined the Red Devils on a free transfer in July 2015, signing a three-year-deal after his release from Sampdoria.

The 32-year-old has made 43 appearances under three different managers since moving to Old Trafford, most notably featuring in the 2-0 Europa League Final victory over Ajax in May 2017.

He is expected to return to action when United face Wolves in the FA Cup quarter-finals on March 16, having kept a clean sheet in fifth round victory at Chelsea.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6761087/Sergio-Romero-breaks-Guinness-World-Record-goals-scored-halfway-line-one-minute.html
Old 15-03-2019, 06:54 AM   #108
Andi Istiabudi
manager

ROMERO: WE'LL GIVE EVERYTHING WE'VE GOT AGAINST WOLVES

Sergio Romero believes Manchester United's confidence away from home can drive them through to the Emirates FA Cup semi-finals.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team travel to Molineux to face Wolves on Saturday, and Romero – who has started in each round of the competition – is adamant that high-profile wins in the preceding rounds have given the side huge faith.

“We had difficult games away at Arsenal and Chelsea but we managed to perform well in those games,” says the Argentinean international. “We know it’s another difficult trip down to Wolves but we’re confident and we know this trophy is very important for us.

“We want to be involved in the very last day that this competition is taking place, ie. get to the final and give ourselves the chance to lift a trophy and make everyone at the club and of course our fans very happy.”

The 32-year-old drew huge acclaim after a nerveless display at Stamford Bridge in the last round, which led many fans to marvel at his ability to step in and instantly perform at such a high level.

“My way of operating and working is always keeping in my mind and thinking hard about how best I can help my team-mates and bring something to the squad of players and the club. The FA Cup provides that opportunity for me. Obviously David [De Gea] has been playing superbly but I know that in some cup competitions and particularly this one, the FA Cup, I’ve been getting my chance.

“I always give 100 per cent, irrespective of whether I might be playing at the end of the week or not, I give everything in training to be able to be ready and to make the decision hard for the manager. I work hard to try to make sure I can be in goal for the next particular game when I’m needed. Obviously in the FA Cup things have gone well and I’ve managed to perform.”

As for the change in the team's fortunes since Solskjaer's arrival, Romero attributes positivity and a sense of responsibility on the part of the players.

“We knew we had our own responsibilities to help change things around and I think that first match, the big 5-1 victory away at Cardiff, was very important. It worked wonders in the sense that it helped us to change our attitude, and showed us we can be confident in our style of play and that we could move forward and show that this is the real United.

“There was a lot of positivity around the camp and there was a surge in confidence from that day. It’s taken us a long way and you saw how we performed in Paris – the fact that we could go to one of the most difficult venues in the world of football and come away with a massively positive result shows just how far we’ve come.”

But while Wolves might not be a name feared by supporters in the same way as Chelsea and Arsenal, Romero acknowleges that there is huge respect for what Nuno Espirito Santo's side have done following their promotion to the top flight.

“We’re really excited about the game ahead of us, it’s a really important game against a team that have done really well this season,” he admits. “They’re a top side with some really good players and their style of play means they have adapted really well to the Premier League; their style suits this league. So it’s a big challenge but we’re prepared and confident. We’ve been working well in training and we’ve been playing well recently and hopefully we can get the right result.

“It’s a really exciting period coming up. We’re battling on all fronts. We’re battling for the top four but if we can make the top three that would be even better. The draw is just around the corner for the Champions League and we can’t wait to find out who we’ll play. And the FA Cup is a really important trophy and it’s a massive match coming up this Saturday at Wolves, but we’ll go there and give everything we’ve got. We’ll have our travelling supporters behind us and it’s all about trying to progress in this fantastic competition.”

www.manutd.com
Old 30-08-2019, 05:35 PM   #109
Andi Istiabudi
manager

ROMERO: WE WANT TO RECLAIM EUROPA LEAGUE

The last time Manchester United entered the Europa League, the campaign culminated with an emotional triumph in Stockholm, with goalkeeper Sergio Romero centre stage.

The experienced Argentinian started all nine of our European knockout games that season, including the final against Ajax in Sweden, where the Reds emerged comfortable 2-0 victors.

We caught up with Sergio earlier this week to both reflect on that important success in 2017 and look ahead to this season’s competition, which begins in earnest on Friday when our group-stage opponents will be determined at the draw in Monaco…

We will find out this week who we will face in the Europa League – cup draws are always exciting aren’t they?

“In this competition it’s always uncertain because of the short and long journeys to different places. It will be a challenge to try to repeat the victory again in this competition. This club always needs to do well, wherever we play.”

We could face a number of different teams – are there any you’ll be particularly looking out for?

“I do not have any team in particular I would like to play against. When you play in Europe, every team is going to be a difficult one. There are no easy teams in European competitions. Every team who participates in this competition wants to do well and wants to win. The team, the players, everyone wants to play in European competition and, of course, wants to win it.”

We won the tournament in 2016/17 – what are your memories of that fantastic run we had?

“The Europa League is a really nice competition and being part of it is really good. I remember playing away in Holland, France, Russia… when you go out of the UK, and go to play to different places, it's always something nice and something different.”

You played throughout the knockout stages after Christmas – what game sticks out for you as your favourite, apart from the final, of course?

“All the games are important but I remember the one we played in Rostov was a very challenging one, because the conditions of the pitch weren’t very good and it was below the standards you will expect for this competition. I also remember when we played in France as well.”

What pleased you most about your form that season?

“For me, the fact I was playing and to feel the confidence of my team-mates and the manager helped me out a lot. I am so lucky that everyone at the club is great to me and it always helps, even more because I wasn’t playing a lot, at this moment in time, in the other competitions.”

We had some great results away from home in the knockout stages. What’s the key to handling those matches away from home?

“The most important thing [when you go away from home] is to know what we want to do as a team and to have a plan in place. We have to make ourselves strong enough as a team, have our identity and have a plan.”

What are your memories of the final? We always looked in control…

“I remember Ajax of Amsterdam had a very young team. Nearly all of their players were very young, without much experience in European competitions. On the other hand, we had more experience in Europe as a team, knowing all the time what to do in every phase of the game. We prepared for all the games very well and we all knew what we had to do at all times.”

We scored at important times in the match – was that key?

“If you watch the final, we were always very calm, trying to follow the plan that we had and following our idea of how to play this game. We never lost concentration during this game and we never got influenced by the excitement of the supporters.”

What did the victory mean to you personally?

“The victory, for me, was a massive relief because I wasn’t playing a lot in the Premier League and other competitions. I only played in the cup and thanks to the confidence the manager deposited in me, it was a very positive thing for me. Also, scoring first – it was very important. Overall, it was a really nice final.”

Of course, the prize isn’t just the trophy – it’s a spot in the Champions League. So it’s certainly a great competition to win isn’t it?

“The chances of ending in the top four were very difficult because we were losing matches at this point. The second option that we had was to focus on winning the final of the Europa League, as the easiest way to get direct access in the next year’s Champions League, knowing that it wouldn’t be very easy to win the final, but we did it.”

How determined is everyone to do well again this season?

“We have a great team, we have a great manager and everyone at this club wants to do well. This is another year, another season where we start from zero and we have to be at our best. This club, because of its history, deserves to win always. We, as a team, have to work very hard, help each other and go the extra mile.”

It will give the manager a good opportunity to utilise his squad…

“September is going to be a very busy month with all the Premier Leagues matches, this cup and other competitions. For the players like me, who don’t play that often, it’s going to be a really good challenge to prove to our manager that we are ready to compete and to help when the team needs it.”

What experience will you draw upon from playing in the competition in the 2016/17 campaign?

“My experience tells me that, in these competitions, there are no easy teams and also that nobody is going to give you anything for free. It is a competition where, to reach the final, it is going to be very difficult but we will give our best.”

www.manutd.com
Old 18-10-2019, 06:38 AM   #110
Andi Istiabudi
manager

FIVE TIMES WHEN ROMERO STEPPED UP FOR UNITED

Sergio Romero is likely to find himself called into action on Sunday after David De Gea was ruled out of the Liverpool game through injury.

It was confirmed on Wednesday night that the Spaniard is definitely out of the match, due to the injury that he sustained while playing for his national team earlier this week.

Romero has already proven himself a more than capable replacement for De Gea during his four years at the club. Impressively, the Argentinian has won 32 of the 46 United games he’s featured in and lost just six of those encounters.

Here, you can look back at five of his best performances as a Red...

ROMERO V MIDTJYLLAND, FEB 2016

Sergio enjoyed a run of Premier League games at the start of his first season with United, but his Europa League bow did not arrive until the new year.

When De Gea suffered an injury in the warm-up, Romero stepped up admirably and made two impressive saves from Kian Hansen and Paul Onuachu. While it proved to be a disappointing night for the team, suffering a shock 2-1 defeat, the 2014 World Cup runner-up had enhanced his own reputation among Reds supporters.

ROMERO V FC ROSTOV, MAR 2017

The following year, United were back in the Europa League and faced Russian outfit Rostov in the last 16. After a 1-1 draw in the first leg, Old Trafford expected a convincing win, but Rostov came out stronger than expected and Romero was forced into making an exceptional save to stop Sardar Azmoun's effort.

It proved to be a vital moment in a cagey match that was won by Juan Mata's 70th-minute strike. Of course, Romero remained a fixture between the sticks as the Reds went on to win the Europa League.

ROMERO V SOUTHAMPTON, MAY 2017

With half a mind of the Europa League final and little to play for in the league, Jose Mourinho rotated the squad for this end-of-season trip to St Mary’s.

Within five minutes, the decision to give Romero only a second Premier League start of the season had been vindicated, as the keeper palmed away Manolo Gabbiadini’s penalty. Further stops ensured the Argentinian kept his 17th clean sheet for United, and there would be plenty more to come.

ROMERO V WATFORD, MAY 2018

This end-of-season encounter at Old Trafford was Michael Carrick’s farewell appearance after 12 years as a Red, and Marcus Rashford marked the occasion by netting the only goal of the game after 34 minutes.

It might have been a different story, though, had it not been for the reflexes of Sergio. The Argentinian made a stunning one-handed save from forward Richarlison just before the break and went on to record his sixth clean sheet in seven Premier League games – a run which is still going, as he did not appear in the league in 2018/19.

ROMERO V ARSENAL, JAN 2019

Sergio’s Man-of-the-Match performance at home to Reading in the Emirates FA Cup third round helped to set up this meeting with Arsenal.

Romero was at his best once again during this brilliant Friday night victory in North London, where first-half goals from Alexis Sanchez and Jesse Lingard put a rampant United in the ascendancy, before Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang struck just before half-time to rouse the Gunners’ fans.

Unai Emery’s side predictably came out with a point to prove after the break and Aaron Ramsey would have equalised, had it not been for a superb save from our stand-in keeper. Anthony Martial later netted a third to ensure the win, but we were once again indebted to Sergio's efforts in goal.

SERGIO'S OVERALL UNITED RECORD

P46 W32 D8 L6
Goals conceded: 23
Clean sheets: 28

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 57
alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, asririzky, bangkit, Blacklist7, chincarito, d10neladitya, dhodoadrian, dwitri27, ecly_watchaa, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, goodfron, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, hombreng, id4y, ivanzferdinand, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jojo poenya, jusri, m4nunited, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, oldark, penk22_, prahmono, puji purnawan, raviKiko14, Rean, Redsbusby, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, ronald hars, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, SR 7, tumpal_oneunited, unreal, Van_Munandar, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku