United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football

Old 29-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
troy andreas
min tolong ket sekum diremove.

Thanked 1,947 Times in 1,102 Posts
Mentioned: 273 Post(s)
troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Visit troy andreas's Twitter
Default Re: ENGLAND - U21 News and Rumors

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondwisan View Post
Lah emang sejak kapan Zaha ganti nama jadi 'takdir' Bro ..
*gagalpaham* #eehh
Emmm, ini memang gak bisa salah pake istilah nih. Langsung di protes sama pujangga twitter

troy andreas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
iamsetia
first team
Setia Karpet Bireun

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
iamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to all
Visit iamsetia's Twitter

When We Were Heroes: Man United's Gary Bailey and the England U21 Champions of 1984

If England U21s have any chance of winning the Euros, they need to match the spirit of '84.

When We Were Heroes: Man United’s Gary Bailey and England’s U21s Champions of 1984

Many people believe that the last time England won a major international honour was way back in ’66; Nobby dancing, Bobby wiping his hands before meeting the Queen, and all that.

Not so.

In 1984 at the UEFA Under 21s in Spain a group of our finest youngsters – and Oxford United’s Kevin Brock – took on Europe’s elite and triumphed, beating the hosts in a closely-fought two-legged final.

So who were they, these unacknowledged heroes? These youthful band of brothers who, for nearly three decades, have had to endure Geoff Hurst et al being elevated to national treasures, wrongly representing the last time our country was great. Who were the unsung boys of 84?

In any ‘development’ team (as Brooking and co now annoyingly call the Under 21s) there’s always a jumbled mix of future stars, solid pros who play consistently in the top flight yet unfairly get overlooked at the very highest level, and nonentities who soon drift into lower league obscurity. The boys of 84 are no exception.

In goal stood Gary Bailey, who my granddad never trusted because he swore the United keeper resembled an SS officer. A touch racist perhaps but then again I never took on the Nazis like he did. The full-back positions were taken up by Spurs’ Gary Stevens, who later had his knee cartilage splattered into row Z by Vinnie Jones, a career-ending act of thuggery that still shocks to this day, whilst on the other flank roved the forever under-rated Mel Sterland.

Sterland, a future title winner with Leeds, has let himself go slightly these days. In truth he’s ballooned into a porker. You suspect he has taken revenge on any winger who once skinned him by doing likewise then eating him whole. Back then though he was a tenacious, whippet-thin defender with plenty of promise. The singular full cap he ultimately won is almost a mockery to his abilities.

The centre-back pairing was Danny Thomas alongside ‘Big’ Dave Watson. I cannot recall off-hand if Watson was indeed nicknamed ‘Big’ but its almost compulsory for any sturdy defender called Dave. Either way he carved out an impressive career with fifteen years service at Everton where he amassed a clutch of silverware.

Across the midfield was the aforementioned Brock, Steve Hodge – forever associated with admiring close-up Maradona’s mazy dribble at the Azteca stadium rather than actually attempting a challenge – Stoke flyer Mark Chamberlain, and Paul Bracewell.

Let’s pause for one moment and return to that jumbled mix. Bracewell is the epitome of the second type, who illogically encounters a glass ceiling internationally despite their considerable talent. A classy all-round midfielder who won numerous honours during his peak at Goodison Park, he was a key component of one of the greatest club midfields this country has ever produced (Sheedy, Bracewell, Reid and Steven). Yet during the course of his career he won precisely three full England caps. The inferior Hodge stole twenty-four.

During the era of Charlie Hughes and his caveman tactics, where endeavour was valued over artistry, where later Carlton Palmer would gain twice as many appearances for his country than Matt Le Tiss, perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised. But it still grates. Up front were the duel aerial threat of Mark Hateley, who was voted player of the tournament, and Howard Gayle.

The format of the tournament was different to what it is today. From the quarter final stages onwards it departed the host nation and became a series of home and away two-legged affairs. England easily routed France in the quarters 7-1 on aggregate then squeezed past a typically stubborn Italy. Spain however was a different proposition with the prowling Emilio Butragueno spear-heading an attractive side. Nevertheless the lion cubs secured a magnificent 1-0 victory in Seville before bringing them back to, of all places, Bramall Lane for a culture shock. Here Hateley and Gayle scored a goal apiece to retain the trophy they also won two years previous.

They were undoubtedly a special bunch – England’s most successful team of all time in fact – and though none individually went on to gain a hundred appearances for their country, star in arty aftershave ads, or date a pop star, collectively they deserve a place not just in the history books, but also in our hearts.

Code:
http://sabotagetimes.com/reportage/when-we-were-heroes-man-uniteds-gary-bailey-and-the-england-u21-champions-of-1984/
iamsetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:59 AM   #13
iamsetia
first team
Setia Karpet Bireun

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
iamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to all
Visit iamsetia's Twitter

VIDEO: Former Manchester United youngster puts final nail in England coffin

Quote:
The Molde FK midfielder has been playing in the under-21 setup since 2010 and has made nine appearances for the senior national team.

And of course he is a former Manchester United player as well.

He was recommended to United by former player Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as a 13-year-old and he signed for the club on his 16th birthday.

In January 2011 Solskjaer took him with him back to Norway where he became the lynchpin in a side that won their first Tippeligaen in history; and went on to retain the title the following year.

Code:
http://hereisthecity.com/2013/06/08/video-former-manchester-united-youngster-puts-final-nail-in-engl/
iamsetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #14
Ucup Carrick
captain
Rock n' Roll All Day and All
Of The Night

Thanked 1,304 Times in 618 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Ucup Carrick is a glorious beacon of lightUcup Carrick is a glorious beacon of lightUcup Carrick is a glorious beacon of lightUcup Carrick is a glorious beacon of lightUcup Carrick is a glorious beacon of lightUcup Carrick is a glorious beacon of light

kemaren pas nonton sekilas..gila england abis ama norway...
gol ketiga finishingnya jadi inget ole...ternyata itu magnus eikrem...
Old 09-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
troy andreas

troy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant futuretroy andreas has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucup Carrick View Post
kemaren pas nonton sekilas..gila england abis ama norway...
gol ketiga finishingnya jadi inget ole...ternyata itu magnus eikrem...
Gak sempat nonton, but thanks to Youtube

Masih berlaku kan buy out clause untuk Eikrem, masih bisa digaet United tuh.

================================================== =======

Ex-Red knocks out England

There was a tale of Manchester United players past and future as England Under-21s bowed out of the European Championships with one game to spare.

Even though the Reds' incoming winger Wilfried Zaha returned from injury to start, the Three Lions were comfortably beaten 3-1 by Norway for whom ex-United midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem fired in the third goal, via the underside of the crossbar.

West Brom defender Craig Dawson pulled one back for England from the penalty spot, but the damage had really been done in the first half when Fredrik Semb Berge and Jo Inge Berget, Eikrem's colleague at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's club Molde, put Norway 2-0 up.

The result means England, who lost their tournament opener to Italy 1-0, cannot qualify for next weekend's semi-finals. Tuesday's match against hosts Israel will only decide which of the two teams finishes bottom of Group A.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Jun/wilfried-zaha-and-england-under-21s-knocked-out-by-norway-and-magnus-eikrem.aspx

"setial masa ada orangnya, setiap orang ada masanya."
Old 09-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #16
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Timnas overrated... pukulan buat FA dan BPL. Mengklaim tempat lahirnya sepak bola dan liga terbaik tapi memble di timnas. Bakal jadi pukulan telak klo timnas senior juga gagal ke piala dunia.
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #17
troy andreas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrian.seven View Post
Timnas overrated... pukulan buat FA dan BPL. Mengklaim tempat lahirnya sepak bola dan liga terbaik tapi memble di timnas. Bakal jadi pukulan telak klo timnas senior juga gagal ke piala dunia.
Menarik disimak jika akhirnya muncul kembali pembatasan pemain asing di BPL yang lebih parah dari apa yang ada saat ini. Kegagalan di Olimpiade & jika gagal juga Euro U21 harusnya membuat FA mengevaluasi kebijakan pemberian waktu/ porsi latihan untuk pemain muda. Juga yang harus di evaluasi besar- besaran itu pemilihan skuad yang akan berlaga dalam suatu turnament. Dimaklumi jika England U21 gagal itu karena materi pemain mereka yang mengada- ada, mereka harus belajar dari Spanyol, Belgia & Denmark.

Old 11-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #18
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Phil Neville confirms his 19-year playing career is officially over

• Ex-England international will pursue coaching or media role
• Decision will be made after England Under-21 committments

Phil Neville has confirmed he has retired from playing, signalling the end of a distinguished 19-year career and opening the door to a full-time coaching or management role once he has finished working with the England Under-21 squad at the European Championship in Israel.

Neville, who is finishing his Uefa A coaching licence, made 505 top-flight appearances for Manchester United and Everton, winning six Premier League titles, three FA Cups and one Champions League as well as representing England on 59 occasions. The 36-year-old has been linked with a coaching position at United, where he would be reunited with David Moyes, the former Everton manager who has taken over at Old Trafford. But Neville said that he would not be making a decision until the end of the Under-21 finals.

Asked whether he has finished playing after leaving Everton at the end of last season, Neville replied: "Did you not see me training? I was speaking to Robbie Fowler about this the other week. He hasn't officially retired. Three weeks ago, everyone in the world seemed to be retiring. I thought: 'I'm not jumping on this bandwagon.' I just wanted it to be a smooth, quiet turnover.

"When I made a statement that I was leaving Everton, everywhere I went I seemed to be getting: 'Oh you've been brilliant.' I didn't like it. I didn't want to be seen as an attention seeker. In my heart, I knew that I wouldn't be playing again – at any level. I just wanted to drift away. The biggest thing I will miss is 4 July when Everton are due back for pre-season training. I loved that day. I lived for it, getting back with the lads."

Neville, who has also been linked with the manager's position at Brighton, said that he has several offers on the table. "If you had asked me two months ago, I thought I'd do a year with BBC or in the media. It might work for some people but not me.

"I will be going to the World Cup next year with the BBC – I won't be going as a player! I do enjoy the media side but I want to work, I want to coach, I want to get more hours on the grass. I have got two paths – one to go into the media, the other to go into coaching and management. I have got offers from both. I will sit down at the end of the tournament [and make a decision]."

Offering an insight into life at Old Trafford under Sir Alex Ferguson, Neville revealed that the former Manchester United manager had refused to allow any of his players to fast-track their coaching careers. "He gave us a great lesson when doing my B licence, with Roy Keane, Gary [Neville], Nicky Butt and [Ryan] Giggs," Neville said. "When you are a footballer at Manchester United, you are probably looking for a bit of a short-cut or 'can we get someone in to do the sessions for us, sign it off?' And he gave us a rollocking and said: 'No fast track to coaching or management.'

"We said: 'But we've got to go to Lilleshall for two weeks in the summer,'" Neville recalled. "He said: 'Get it done.' 'Can you phone the FA and ask if we can leave a couple of days early?' 'No, I want you to stay longer.' It was the biggest jolt that we had. We were thinking: 'We are Manchester United. We know everything.' He said: 'Actually, you don't. There's no short cut to being a manager or coach.' He sowed the seed early on in our coaching career."

Code:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/08/phil-neville-england-under-21?CMP=twt_gu
Old 11-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #19
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Pearce still focused on road ahead with England Under 21 manager set to field untested side for Israel dead rubber

Stuart Pearce will pick a team with England's Euro 2015 campaign in mind on Tuesday night even though he is unlikely to oversee its long-term development.

The Under 21s will head home after facing Israel in Jerusalem but Pearce is adamant there is still something to play for, as they are aiming to avoid becoming the first England side to leave a European Championships without a point.

With 13 of the 23 men he brought to Israel ineligible for the next qualification programme, Pearce is expected to select Andre Wisdom, Tom Ince, Nat Chalobah and Josh McEachran to give them experience for the future.

All smiles: Stuart Pearce and his squad took to the pitch on Monday night ahead of their clash against Israel

Interestingly, Phil Jones and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain are also eligible to play in the Czech Republic – should England escape from a group which includes Wales, Finland, Moldova, Lithuania and San Marino – as is Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere.

But it is doubtful Pearce will be in charge for the build-up to the next championships in the Czech Republic. Talks on his future are scheduled before the end of the month but he has not received any assurances from the Football Association.

'I never like to give my team away but one thing I can tell you is that I will select with a view to the next campaign,' said Pearce.

'I have got to make sure I have 10 or 11 players in this group that can run in the next campaign.

Interested spectator: Roy Hodgson, who flew in for the game against Norway, has stayed on in Israel

'I think experience for those players will be vital in this tournament. Even though we have not been successful they will take that experience with them. We certainly don't want to finish bottom and the players have been very disappointed regards the results in the first two games.'

England's training session on Monday was watched by senior manager Roy Hodgson, who flew in for the game against Norway on Saturday. He has stayed on in Israel with FA Chairman David Bernstein and will be in the crowd again this evening.

'It pleases me to see the senior manager here,' said Pearce. 'After training, he came back to the hotel for some dinner, a coffee and chatted for a couple of hours. Results speak for themselves. I can't try and hide behind that but it is nice to see him here to take interest in our younger players.'

Bernstein explained on Sunday why Pearce was denied the services of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jones in Israel, saying the friendly against Brazil took greater priority than Euro 2013.

Pearce said: 'If you ask all of the 23 players and my staff about the importance of this tournament I can only say this is part of their development. We have had a big problem this summer with a senior friendly in Brazil and also the U20s World Cup in Turkey. Our players are fairly stretched.'

Henri Lansbury will again be missing on Tuesday night. The Nottingham Forest midfielder has been struggling with a groin strain throughout the tournament and Pearce has ruled him out of the Jerusalem clash.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2339158/Israel-U21-v-England-U21-Stuart-Pearce-set-pick-team-Euro-2015-mind.html
Old 12-06-2013, 03:05 AM   #20
troy andreas

Akhir dari perjalanan timnas Inggris U21 di Euro U21. Kalah dari tuan rumah Israel di pertandingan barusan menempatkan Inggris harus puas berada didasar klasmen grup. Positifnya Zaha bisa pulang cepat dan bisa recovery lebih panjang untuk memulihkan kebugarannya.

THE THREE LIONS FINISH EURO 2013 CAMPAIGN WITH A 1-0 DEFEAT TO THE HOST NATION
Israel 1-0 England
UEFA European Under-21 Championship

Group A Match

Berita lengkap

via:
HTML Code:
 http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-under-21s/News/2013/euro-2013-group-a-israel-england-jerusalem-report.aspx#dADUo7UqI24ySqj7.99

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 32
Aba_MaczUnited, ali_iyan, Aso Chrisjefta, danny7fans, dhodoadrian, fajrinited, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, h-ANG, Hamka Husain Pasonai, iamsetia, jifortin, King_Cantona, LZmtYMzeao, mspxxs4z, NdeGue, Oebil, penk22_, Redsbusby, Riskur, ronald hars, stevenazure, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, vankyoet, Victory, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku