United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United History

Old 06-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
Rean
jadikan sederhana..

Thanked 2,321 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Rean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond repute

Visit Rean's Twitter RyanAniestyo
Default Most Famous Flag in Football History: Big Lily

Ini dia Big Lily

yap, Big Lily, bendera yg slalu ada di tribun Stretford End selama bertahun2. Bendera ini milik Carrickfergus MUSC, salah satu official Supporters Club asal Irlandia Utara. Tidak hanya di Stretford End, Big Lily Slalu dibawa oleh Keith Norris si pentolan Carrickfergus MUSC saat mereka ikut melawat ke negara lain. Brazil, Jepang, Thailand, dan beberapa negara lain Norris selalu muncul dengan bendera besar nya. Gimana cara bawa nya ya??

Tidak hanya Stretford Enders yg mengenal Big Lily. Sir Alex, Direksi, Staff, dan para pemain kenal Big Lily. Sampai kapan pun Big Lily akan menjadi legenda dan cerita yg tidak terpisahkan dengan Manchester United.

ternyata tahun 2001 pernah hilang juga gan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rean; 21-06-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Rean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Rean For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Most Famous Flag in Football History: My Big Lily

mestina tahun lalu nampang juga di GBK yaa Oom ...
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Yoi nih bendera raksasa punya Suporter MUFC asal Irlandia Utara, yg bernama "Carrickfergus MUSC". salah satu fansklub resmi disana, dimana seluruh anggotanya adalah para stretford enders itu sendiri.

Ini Flag sempat hilang dan akhirnya ditemukan berkat bantuan koran Daily Star, bendera ini ditemukan :

Sampai" pernah ditolak masuk USA pas United mengadakan tour pramusim :

Quote:
LILY NOT PERMITTED ON USA 2003

Written permission was sought from American organisers and Manchester United for Lily to appear during the four venues. Initially consent was given and Keith promised that organisers would do their best to accommodate. However when confirmation was sought in week leading up to tour nothing could be done and Lily remained at home.

Individual Win Games, But Teams win Titles
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Supernan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #4
Supernan
first team
dope

Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Dari blognya Keith Norris...GILA merinding gw!!

Quote:
Undoubtedly Lily is the biggest Manchester United supporter ever known. Measuring 100 feet long by 60feet wide, the giant flag has seen some of United's greatest achievements over the past five years and made countless friends along the way. From Milan to Rio, Tokyo to Turin, Barcelona to Madrid, Old Trafford to Omagh via the twin towers of Wembley, the big girl, created and lovingly cared for by Keith Norris, has added colour and passion to every major United occasion since her birth.

N
ot surprisingly, Lily became instantly recognisable following a daring appearance on the Villa Park pitch in celebration of Ryan Giggs' F.A. Cup extra-time winner against Arsenal in 1999.

I
nternational media coverage followed. Lily became a regular guest in the newspapers and television documentaries - however they only tell a fraction of the story.

To a small community in Northern Ireland Lily has become a symbol of unity, helping to bridge the divide which has so often fractured the province in the past.

Ever since her globetrotting adventures began Lily has propelled her owner into some unusual situations. These include befriending some of the world's greatest footballers including Raul, Hierro and Roberto Carlos and meeting his bride-to-be following a trip to Japan to watch United lift the Intercontinental Cup.

During this sometimes amusing, sometimes serious yet always entertaining tale, Keith tells of his humble Ulster upbringing, his continuing obsession with all things United and his simple desire to heal his country's ills.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Supernan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
Supernan
first team
dope

Interview dengan Keith Norris, bagaimana Big Lily bisa tercipta.

"Football News - Big Lily ...Two Ceasefires, a Flag and a Wedding"

by R. Sanborn Brown

Raul & Hierro with Keith and wife. Some are content to think small. Growing up during the Troubles in Northern Ireland, Keith Norris knows all too well how easily life can separate and consign us all to different groups, often with tragic results. Hailing from the Drumahoe area, he had little contact with the Catholic community in his childhood. By high school, this had evolved into more open hostility: his school was located in a predominantly Catholic area and occasionally altercations would take place in the city center between students from different schools. "Friends we once played football with were now on ‘the other side'. Obscene gestures and taunts with religious connotations would be traded, often with added choice expletives. Catholics were called Fenians or Taigs and Protestants were called Jaffas or Huns. Very little contact existed between the two sides. Each was left to its own devices, each entrenched in its own shielded web and each totally existing in its close-knit communities." Norris, though, has found a way to overcome sectarian feelings: through his love of the Manchester United soccer team and "Big Lily," a 100 foot by 60 foot "monster flag" he created that travels the world with Manchester United. He is currently writing a screenplay and a book about his life and Lily. "Red Dreams" is "the story of a never-ending love affair, a tale of passion and of dreams fulfilled. It isn't about clever story telling. It doesn't have to be because the story is already intrinsic—this story has heart and soul. This is a tale about survival, friendship, and how soccer, and Manchester United as the catalyst, was the bond that helped the protagonists survive the hardship of the last thirty years! The bombings, the killings—they're not the subject of this book, they are the subtext. The story is about a little boy and his love of the Red Devils, a community that bonded through soccer. It's about Northern Ireland and its enduring love affair with the Reds. It's about world cultures, friendships and pride and the fact that two people on opposite sides of the perceived divide could rise above the hardships because of their common love of soccer and the colossus that is Manchester United." Norris is married to Yukari Fukushima and works in a family auto parts business in sales. He and Lily can be reached at www.mybiglily.com.

Soccerphile: How and why did you make/come up with/start carrying around the world a flag?

Keith Norris: My first flag was at the 1985 Cup Final. Then [I] had a bigger one in 1996 made as a token of appreciation to the King [Eric Cantona]. Lily was born on 14th March 1999, a birthday she shares with Albert Einstein, Michael Caine and Billy Crystal, essentially to symbolize community harmony in troubled Northern Ireland. Lily was created to give members of our United supporters club a sense of collective identity (hence Carrickfergus Reds originally written on her).

Soccerphile: Why "Big Lily"?

Keith Norris: Pretty simple. In Northern Ireland even a name can create strife—Orange Lily (Protestant) and Easter Lily (Catholic). Big Lily is neither orange nor green. She is Red. The essence of her existence is togetherness. Like United—Big Lily unites—she transcends all boundaries of religion, race or creed.

Soccerphile
: How did you meet Raul and Figo and Roberto Carlos?

Keith Norris
: In Brazil during the World Club Championship (2000) I was staying in the same hotel as the United and Real Madrid players. I got friendly with Raul Gonzales and Fernando Hierro and team physio, Pedro Chueca. During our stay we had a few sing-songs at night. There was a great camaraderie between the Madrid lads and they enjoyed the craic ["fun" in Gaelic]. Before I left the hotel they presented me with a signed Real Madrid shirt. When I got home from Brazil I sent the lads some Irish gifts as a token of appreciation. I've been invited to Madrid several times since. Raul, Hierro, Chueca are [in a] different class and deserve their world status. These guys make a nobody like me feel like a celebrity. Manchester United and Real Madrid are two genuine footballing legends and a mutual respect exists between the two clubs today. I would like to think in my own wee way that Sir Matt Busby would have been, and Sir Alex Ferguson is, proud of the association and bewildering friendship Lily and I have been fortunate enough to strike up with Real Madrid.

Soccerphile
: What are the "Irish charms" that you give as gifts? Stones?

Keith Norris
: Irish lucky charms are tokens of good luck, if you believe in that. They are in fact Irish souvenirs. The stones are similar, except they come boxed. If you hold them and make a wish—it is supposed to come true. I gave Raul and Hierro lucky charms in 2000...unfortunately they worked because they knocked United out of [the] European Cup. The stones I gave to them recently in Glasgow before the Champions League Final because they gave me a ticket. They also work: Raul scored the first goal and Hierro lifted the Cup. After the match I told them Raul would be top scorer and Hierro would lift the world cup for Spain.

Soccerphile
: How's your screenplay coming along? Any bites?

Keith Norris: One American production company wanted to option the story and negotiations are continuing with Mark Huffam. Pretty weird because Mark is originally from Carrickfergus. He is a big name producer in Hollywood and featured in such movies as Saving Private Ryan, Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

Soccerphile
: You mentioned an El Mundo story? What is this?

Keith Norris
: El Mundo is just a Spanish newspaper. Guillem Balague is the London correspondent and is to use the story.

Soccerphile
: You also almost met the King of Spain? Where? When?

Keith Norris
: United played Valencia on the Wednesday, Real Madrid played Lazio on the Tuesday. [I was] Invited to the Madrid players lounge. Here's a wee extract that explains it.

Chueca called me over to meet someone dressed in casual but smart attire. He introduced me, "My friend from Ireland, Mr. Morris." I stood talking gibberish in my Spanish/English for a few minutes to this gentleman who politely smiled back in my direction.

"Who was that, Chueca?"

"The President of Madrid, I tell him you meet Raul in Brazil and are friend of Roberto Carlos and Hierro."

"I wish you had introduced me to him, I didn't even know he was the President."

"No problem."

"I feel bad not thanking him."

"No worry, he knows you," he replied smiling.

"I can't believe I'm standing here with all these people, it's thanks to you, Chueca."

"No problem, you are my friend, you are my family," he continued. "The King is here, you just miss the King."

Raul and Figo with Keith."The King?"

"Yes the King, he has just left."

"Eric Cantona?"

"NO," he frowned, "NOT Cantona, King Juan Carlos!"

"You're joking?"

"NO, NOT joking, five minutes late, you miss the King." Chueca relayed the story of what I had said to the group of about eight, including Raul and Figo standing just beside us, who all laughed heartily.

"Mr. Morris getting married to Japanese girl," Chueca proclaimed and then added, shaking his head humorously as he spoke, "Utah, Brazil, Manchester, Japan! Crazy boy! My family are crazy."

Soccerphile: You almost lost Big Lily in Tokyo. How did you get the flag back from the taxi in Tokyo?

Keith Norris: I telephoned the [British] Embassy [in Tokyo] on my arrival home. Within two hours it was delivered to my friends house (Stephen Ryan from Tokyo Manchester United Supporters Club). I was amazed and astounded by the helpfulness of the Japanese people. Stephen then brought Lily to Old Trafford on his next trip home.

Soccerphile: How did you meet your wife?

Keith Norris: Following United's trip to Tokyo in 1999, I had taken some pictures in Japan, which I wanted to be included in my book. I needed help to identify where they were and Yukari obliged after I posted on the website. Yukari was coming to Ireland to visit. I then invited her to my house for the weekend as a thank you. She ended up staying nine months.

Soccerphile: What will you name your child?

Keith Norris: Need you ask? I like Alex or Eric for a boy and Lily for a girl.

Soccerphile: What role did Lily play in your wedding?

Keith Norris: Bridesmaid. She was the biggest girl ever in my life. We had traveled some 65,000 miles around the world together, I couldn't leave her out.

Soccerphile: What does the future hold for you and Lily?

Big Lily. Keith Norris: Lily has just signed up with UNITED for UNICEF and the Kick Racism out of Football campaigns. She attracts much publicity so I felt it was nice to highlight two good causes with which Manchester United are associated. Lily and I are intending to accompany the USA pre-season tour in 2003. I'd like to help promote soccer and further the name of Manchester United in North America. Most importantly I want tell the world good news and a positive story from long troubled Northern Ireland. Big Lily has given me so much....some great friends, relationships and most of all, my beautiful Japanese wife, Yukari Fukushima. [In the] Short-term, the book launch is planned for pre-Christmas. I'm excited about being a father (and fathering another Red) in September. Who knows when the book comes out what doors will open? I'd like it to be published in Asia and across the world. I'm no Chaucer. The book comes from the heart and I hope people judge it for what it is.

Soccerphile: Will Lily be coming to Korea/Japan for the World Cup?

Keith Norris: Lily has been to Japan twice previously and recently starred in a documentary for Korean national television. She loves the Far East but has no place at the World-Cup. I had planned to be there but my wife is five months pregnant and does not want to fly. I'll be hoping the lucky Irish stones work for the Spanish lads. If they do Raul will be top scorer and Fernando Hierro will lift the cup. I think if that happens I'll be knighted in Spain!

Norris writes: "Lily is going under the surgeons knife again over the next few weeks time. She is being extended for what may be her final season. Pre-season tour USA 2003 will be her last. Unfurling her is a military operation. She has been lost too many times. She may continue her occasional appearances at Old Trafford. I've been lobbying United about making a huge monster covering both tiers of the Stretford End. Big Lily 2? Hope so. Relations between United and supporters-for so long non existent-have moved positively onwards. Paddy Harverson [Manchester United's Director of Communications] has breathed fresh air in this department so who knows?"

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Supernan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #6
Redsbusby
BANG to the KE

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,811 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Redsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond repute

Kapan ya terakhir kali Big Lily nongol? Carrickfergus itu nama firm y? atau cm nama kelompok supporter aja? Ada foto dokumentasi wajah dr Keith Norris ini ngga? Seandainya fans di Indonesia jg memiliki 'sesuatu' yg membuat dunia luar mengerti eksistensi fans United Indonesia seperti Carrickfergus. ... Nice thread!

THE ONLY THING WE WANT TO LOSE THIS SEASON IS THE DEBT
Redsbusby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:46 PM   #7
Rean
jadikan sederhana..

Thanked 2,321 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Rean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond repute

Visit Rean's Twitter RyanAniestyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsbusby View Post
Kapan ya terakhir kali Big Lily nongol? Carrickfergus itu nama firm y? atau cm nama kelompok supporter aja? Ada foto dokumentasi wajah dr Keith Norris ini ngga? Seandainya fans di Indonesia jg memiliki 'sesuatu' yg membuat dunia luar mengerti eksistensi fans United Indonesia seperti Carrickfergus. ... Nice thread!
klo baca dari referensi sih itu nama official supporters club nya gan. itu di irlandia utara. klo di indonesia ya macam united indonesia lah (cuma UI blom official)

utk foto norris kan udah ada di atas. itu foto cwo ya norris semua tuh.

di indonesia? gw sempat mikir United Indonesia harus bikin sesuatu yg sebesar ini jika Manchester United main di GBK. paling ga bisa menarik perhatian United bahwa kita pantas diakui karena... United Indonesia is the best.

Rean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rean For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
Redsbusby
BANG to the KE

Redsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond reputeRedsbusby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rean View Post
klo baca dari referensi sih itu nama official supporters club nya gan. itu di irlandia utara. klo di indonesia ya macam united indonesia lah (cuma UI blom official)

utk foto norris kan udah ada di atas. itu foto cwo ya norris semua tuh.

di indonesia? gw sempat mikir United Indonesia harus bikin sesuatu yg sebesar ini jika Manchester United main di GBK. paling ga bisa menarik perhatian United bahwa kita pantas diakui karena... United Indonesia is the best.
Yah, siapa tau jika suatu hari nanti UI bisa menunjukkan apa yg diinspirasikan Carrickfergus, Norris, dan Lily nya, bisa jadi pertimbangan utama untuk UI menjadi Official .Amienn...

Oiya, saya yg kurang teliti, d om Google yg ada jg foto2 slh 1 diatas. Ohhhh, ternyata Carrickfergus itu nama tempat yah, wah dapet inpo baru lg nih (thanks TS!)

Quote:
Carrickfergus (from Irish: Carraig Fhearghais meaning "Rock of Fergus") is a large town in County Antrim, Northern Ireland
Ijin menambahkan (source:http://www.mybiglily.com/)

With Yukari, Lily and Keano and Treble

United FOlk Legend, Pete Boyle (Bishops Blaize)

having Laugh with The King, Eric Cantona (i wish to do the same )

Nervously Presenting Sir Alex

Hubungan antara ini org yg NB sbg pendukung MU dgn Real Madrid itu karena ada beberapa fans MU disana atau gmn y bang? sori, kebanyakan nanya

Old 07-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #9
the seven
first team
ganti avatar setelah setaun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
the seven is a jewel in the roughthe seven is a jewel in the roughthe seven is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Most Famous Flag in Football History: Big Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rean View Post
Ini dia My Big Lily

yap, Big Lily, bendera yg slalu ada di tribun Stretford End selama bertahun2. Bendera ini milik Carrickfergus MUSC, salah satu official Supporters Club asal Irlandia Utara. Tidak hanya di Stretford End, Big Lily Slalu dibawa oleh Keith Norris si pentolan Carrickfergus MUSC saat mereka ikut melawat ke negara lain. Brazil, Jepang, Thailand, dan beberapa negara lain Norris selalu muncul dengan bendera besar nya. Gimana cara bawa nya ya??

Tidak hanya Stretford Enders yg mengenal Big Lily. Sir Alex, Direksi, Staff, dan para pemain kenal Big Lily. Sampai kapan pun Big Lily akan menjadi legenda dan cerita yg tidak terpisahkan dengan Manchester United.

dibentangkan di tengah2 Old Trafford

"disambut" Raul di Madrid

dibentangkan di Maracana Brazil

dibelakang gawang bersejarah di Barcelona

nampang di hotel di Salou

di Villa Park

di Wembley

San Siro

ternyata tahun 2001 pernah hilang juga gan
thread yang asli keren bgt...
ampe merinding baca ttg si Keith n kisah dia ama Big Lily-nya

bener2 total bgt dah
selama ne blm pernah kebayang ada orang yang ampe setotal itu
aku yang ampe bikin tato di lengan aja kayanya kalo dibanding ama pengorbanan dia buat dukung MU kayanya masi jauh bgt dah
asli keren abis
keep the great job bro
karena blm sempat ketemu buat ngasi *r*k bali (tar pas gathnas aja),
cendol dulu aja yah...
the seven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the seven For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 AM   #10
Redsbusby
BANG to the KE

Default Re: Most Famous Flag in Football History: Big Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by the seven View Post
blm sempat ketemu buat ngasi *r*k bali (tar pas gathnas aja),
cendol dulu aja yah...
Hmmm, jgn lupa dgn redsbusby ganteng jg yah ? ... Yg medium aja *perasaan bro seven ditagih disana sini deh *

sori TS, OOT dikit,

Ini ada video STRETFORD END dengan BIG LILY.. (Saya jd merinding, berharap saya juga bisa ikut dalam kerumunan orang2 hebat ini )

Ini jg salah 1 dokumentasi BIG LILY. bersama Keith Norris .Glory2 Man United!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redsbusby For This Useful Post:

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 125
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, adesaktiTRK, adhli, aditya "alex" ferguson, adriano_ronaldo, adrieee, ali_iyan, amakuni, anakautiz, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andluthfi, AQLI MY NAME, arief_oct, avo_giggsy11, azisfirdaus, bambangdp, bang_zak, benatbenat, betetabet, billywarouw, bombom, byebye21, cece purwanto, chonk, daf, danar dwi atmojo, dannyboy, Decky14, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dekepiks, der_emperor, destyawan, DhaniGiggsy, dhodoadrian, dimaasr, dimasdanes, doddlez, ecly_watchaa, eendization, eliasinc, eyeofday, f.wijaya, fadilbedil, fajrinited, fantasista92, Febribule, febza, fey777, FirdaAnnisa, firmanda, FreaK, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, glorymanutd, grixha, guptayp, Hand_rooney, hendrikYP, Hendy, icalace, ilyasprawibawa, indi30, ing areese, irfi_1, IskandarJool, jonipauli, kaiki, Laurentius Ravel, machookeii, moehfar, moiragoatil, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, mutenaru, mYa United, namaku-iir, panda777, Pery#24, pijakbumi, r.giggs11, rangge fantom, rasyidrdh, raymond, Rean, renandez, rio vander vidic, robby7beckham, ryan23aditya, saka7, salfordreds, Sayzahir, seinsyarif, septiandc, sesgi pratama rensas, seven7, shiasss, sir_otz, stefano_will, stevanushalim28, Supernan, Tata_redknightMUFC, teukurevi5, tothenator, tyquack, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, united7, unromantic_dio, vanquish, vaporune, vermint, Wengge Schmeichel, wildsfire, yankatobing, Zulfan