United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United History

Old 16-06-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Munich Tragedy 6 February 1958, Gone But Not Forgotten

06 February 1958

The blackest day in the club's history. The Munich air disaster claimed the lives of 23 people, including eight United players and three officials.

hari berkabung United nih .....,
saatnya mengibarkan bendera setengah tiang

ManUtd.com - 06/02/2007 00:01
Gone but not forgotten

The Munich air disaster on 6 February 1958 claimed the lives of 23 passengers and crew. Here, ManUtd.com remembers the eight United players and three officials who died, through the words of those who knew them best.

Roger Byrne
- aged 28, full-back. 277 appearances, 19 goals, 33 England caps.

"An aristocratic footballer, majestic in his movement. Roger was so fast but at the same time he controlled his movement beautifully, like Nureyev." - Sir Matt Busby

Geoff Bent - aged 25, full-back. 12 appearances.

"When Geoff matured and reached his twenties there were many clubs after him but he stayed loyal. He could look after himself and was a great tackler. Roger Byrne was a consistent player and very brave, that was the reason Geoff got so few games, but he was good enough to hold a regular place in any team." - Jimmy Murphy

Eddie Colman - aged 21, half-back. 107 appearances, 2 goals.

"Eddie was a chirpy lad and a terrific player. He pushed the ball - never kicked it - and he jinked past players. He was known for his swivel hips." - Wilf McGuinness

David Pegg - aged 22, forward, 148 appearances, 28 goals, 1 England cap.

"David would have been a great asset to any team because he was a natural, left-flank player. David was very, very clever. Our best left-winger by a mile." - Sir Matt Busby

Mark Jones - aged 24, half-back, 120 appearances, 1 goal.

"Yorkshireman Mark was a really lovely fellow, but my word he was a tough nut, and nobody took any liberties with him on or off the field." - Bill Foulkes

Duncan Edwards - aged 21, half-back, 175 apps., 21 goals, 18 England caps, 5 goals.

"When I used to hear Muhammad Ali proclaim to the world he was the greatest, I used to smile. The greatest of them all was a footballer named Duncan Edwards." - Jimmy Murphy

"The only player who ever made me feel inferior." - Sir Bobby Charlton

Tommy Taylor - aged 26, forward, 189 apps., 128 goals, 19 England caps, 16 goals

"I rate him as one of the all-time, best centre-forwards in the game, and he had yet to realise all his potential. He was a typically bluff Yorkshireman in many ways, often acting the clown, and a great team man." - Bill Foulkes

Liam 'Billy' Whelan - aged 22, forward, 96 apps., 52 goals, 4 Republic of Ireland caps

"Billy was a magician with a ball at his feet. I really don't think he knew how good he was and how much better he could have become. A world-class forward. There is no doubt about that. His vision and passing was sheer class." - Albert Scanlon

Walter Crickmer, club secretary / Tom Curry, trainer / Bert Whalley, coach

"Walter Crickmer always reminded me of a little dynamo, nothing was too much trouble. Tom Curry, the trainer, treated us all like boys, and such was his character with a comic sense of humour, that we all looked up to him like a father. Bert Whalley was certainly a tremendous help to me when I was a part-timer." - Bill Foulkes

original: rondwisan
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rondwisan For This Useful Post:
Old 16-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #2
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute

Twenty-three of the 43 passengers on board the Elizabethan charter aircraft G-ALZU 'Lord Burghley' lost their lives in the Munich air crash on Thursday 6th February 1958. They included the following Manchester United players and officials:

Untuk biodatanya silahkan klik pada gambarnya

Who Also Died

Walter Crickmer Club secretary who was in charge of the side during the war.
Bert Whalley Chief Coach. Former left-half at Old Trafford. With United 25 years and also responsible for youth development.
Tom Curry Trainer. Joined United in mid-30s and regarded by Matt Busby as "best trainer in Britain.''
Alf Clarke Journalist - Manchester Evening Chronicle
Don Davies Journalist - Manchester Guardian
George Follows Journalist - Daily Herald
Tom Jackson Journalist - Manchester Evening News
Archie Ledbrooke Journalist - Daily Mirror
Henry Rose Journalist - Daily Express
Eric Thompson Journalist - Daily Mail
Frank Swift Journalist. Frank was also one of Manchester City's greatest-ever players - News of the World
Capt Kenneth Rayment Co-Pilot
Bela Miklos Travel Agent
Willie Satinoff Supporter
Tom Cable Steward

original: arie
Old 16-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
rondwisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondwisan View Post
06 February 1958
Gone but not forgotten

Duncan Edwards - aged 21, half-back, 175 apps., 21 goals, 18 England caps, 5 goals.

"When I used to hear Muhammad Ali proclaim to the world he was the greatest, I used to smile. The greatest of them all was a footballer named Duncan Edwards." - Jimmy Murphy

"The only player who ever made me feel inferior." - Sir Bobby Charlton
Gw punya nich kartu bolanya..... di situ sich disebut kalo memang DUncan Edwards penyerang yang hebat..... poor,,,, dia meningal diusia 21 tahun,,,,

ditambah dengan pernyataan SBC, kayaknya memang dia seorang penyerang yang hebat.......

Sekilas Profil Duncan Edwards:

DE dilahirkan di Dudley, 1 October 1936, dan Manchester United merekrutnya disaat dia berualng tahun yang ke 16, tepat tanggal 1 Oktober 1952 (dan itulah karir profesional pertamanya)... Live and Die with United....

Dia pernah menjadi pemain termuda timnas INggris yang melakukan debut internasional pertamanya diusia 18 tahun 183 hari saat melawan Skotlandia, dan baru dipecahin ama Theo Walcott di PD kemarin...

Menjelang kematian Edwards:

Saat Aircrashed tanggal 6 February 1958, dia masih hidup namun kritis, dimulai tanggal 11 february, kondisinya semakin mengkhawatirkan tapi dia masih tetep bertahan sampe tanggal 21 February. kematiannya lebih disebabkan karena terjadi pendarahan didalam tubuhnya...

Pengakuan talenta Duncan Edwards ditasbihkan saat dia masuk HALL OF FAME tahun 2002..

Additional quotes about Duncan :

The former Manchester United United manager Tommy Docherty said of Edwards: "You can keep all your Bests, Peles and Maradonas - Duncan Edwards was the greatest of them all".

The great Sir Matt Busby described him as "the best player in the world".

Mirip Steven Gerrard yah tampangnya....
Ability

According to those who experienced what Duncan Edwards could do on a football field, he was the complete footballer and there wasn`t a single weakness in his game. He could dribble like a winger and pass like an inside forward. He had unrivalled stamina and could have run for days. He could shoot powerfully, with either foot, was dominant in the air and could tackle like a tidal wave, such was the range of ability he possessed in his young body.

original: Mr. P
Old 16-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
rondwisan

Matt Busby himself was severely injured and was twice given his last rites. In the 1960s, Busby rebuilt the Manchester United team.
The biggest success of his career came in 1968 when the team won the European Cup.
He retired as manager in 1969. Awarded the CBE in 1958 and knighted following the European Cup victory in 1968.

Bill Foulkes (defender) was 26. Went on to play a major part in the European Cup campaign of 1968.

Harry Gregg (goalkeeper) was 24. He had joined them 2 months before the crash, but was immediately welcomed into the fold.
He survived, and was cited for bravery for going back into the burning wreckage to rescue passengers.

Johnny Berry (winger) was a relative veteran at 31. A very brave and fast winger who scored plenty of goals. Never played again.

Jackie Blanchflower (defender) was 24. Understudy to Mark Jones, and a very versatile player. Never played again.

Bobby Charlton (forward) age 20. Just breaking into the team at the time of the crash, he scored twice in Belgrade the night before. Went on to become one of the game's greatest players and remains one of its most respected ambassadors. Lost all his hair shortly after the crash.

Ken Morgans (winger) was 18. Fast, tricky and brimming with confidence before the crash. Kept Berry out of the side. Never recovered his form after Munich.

Albert Scanlon (winger) was 22. A player of great potential who suffered terrible head injuries at Munich. Recovered and played well for several years, scoring 16 league goals the season after the crash.

Dennis Viollet (striker) was 24. A prolific goalscorer and a great player before the crash, he went on to set a United scoring record in 1959-60 with 32 league goals. Later joined Stoke City and served them well for many years. It is said he was never quite as good after the crash, and that he was potentially one of the best strikers in the history of the game.

Ray Wood (goalkeeper) was 26. Lost his place to Harry Gregg, but one of United's legendary goalkeeping heroes. Another who suffered terrible head injuries, he rarely played again.

Who Also Survived

Frank Taylor Journalist
Peter Howard Photographer
Ted Ellyard Photographer
Mrs Vera Lukic and baby daughter Passengers (rescued by Harry Gregg)
Mrs Miklos Wife of travel agent who arranged trip and died in crash
Mr N Tomasevic Passenger
James Thain Captain
Two Stewardesses

A short summary of all the players involved that day can be found here.

Old 16-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
rondwisan

Harry Gregg (goalkeeper) was 24. He had joined them 2 months before the crash, but was immediately welcomed into the fold. He survived, and was cited for bravery for going back into the burning wreckage to rescue passengers.

Bill Foulkes (defender) was 26. He survived as well, and went on to play a major part in the European Cup campaign of 1968.

Dennis Viollet (striker) was 24. A prolific goalscorer and a great player before the crash, he went on to set a United scoring record in 1959-60 with 32 league goals. Later joined Stoke City and served them well for many years. It is said he was never quite as good after the crash, and that he was potentially one of the best strikers in the history of the game.

Johnny Berry (winger) was a relative veteran at 31. A very brave and fast winger who scored plenty of goals. Never played again.

Albert Scanlon (winger) was 22. A player of great potential who suffered terrible head injuries at Munich. Recovered and played well for several years, scoring 16 league goals the season after the crash.

Ray Wood (goalkeeper) was 26. Lost his place to Harry Gregg, but one of United's legendary goalkeeping heroes. Another who suffered terrible head injuries, he rarely played again.

Jackie Blanchflower (defender) was 24. Understudy to Mark Jones, and a very versatile player. Never played again.

Ken Morgans (winger) was 18. Fast, tricky and brimming with confidence before the crash. Kept Berry out of the side. Never recovered his form after Munich.

Bobby Charlton (forward) age 20. Just breaking into the team at the time of the crash, he scored twice in Belgrade the night before. Went on to become one of the game's greatest players and remains one of its most respected ambassadors. Lost all his hair shortly after the crash.

Roger Byrne (full back, captain) aged 28. Inspirational captain, fast, overlapping fullback and former winger. An England regular at the time. Died in the crash.

Geoff Bent (fullback) aged 25. Understudy to Byrne. Hard as nails, very good defender. Would have walked into any other side. Preferred to stay in the squad at United. Died at Munich.

Tommy Taylor (centre forward) aged 26. England's centre forward, and a prolific goalscorer. Prodigious heading ability. Incredible scoring record: 112 goals in 166 league games at United. Died at Munich.

Liam Whelan (striker) aged 22. 43 goals in 79 league games for United. Appeared slow, but able to turn defenders inside out and score great goals. Died at Munich.

Eddie Colman (midfield / halfback) aged 21. When I moved to Birmingham in the late 70s I used to talk football with a chap in his sixties who reckoned Eddie Colman was the driving force behind the Busby Babes; the creative spark that fired the whole team. This guy was a Brummie through and through, but he had been so inspired by the Babes that he never stopped referring to them, and still rated Eddie "Snakehips" Colman the best he'd ever seen. Salford's Eddie Colman died at Munich.

David Pegg (winger) aged 22. The best young left winger in England, he was on the verge of a spectacular career when he died at Munich.

Mark Jones (defender) aged 24. Powerful centre half; very hard on the field, and a true gentleman off it. Died at Munich.

Duncan Edwards (halfback) aged 21. Only 16 when he made his United debut, Duncan Edwards is widely regarded as the greatest footballer in history. Big, strong, skillful, fast, hard, fair, great natural ability, thunderous shot with both feet, fiersome tackler. Lived for football. Lived for Manchester United. Refused to sign for any other club. Died 2 weeks after the crash from terrible injuries.

This team had won its last game on English soil 5-4 at Highbury, and drew 3-3 in Belgrade in the European Cup Quarter Final (to go through 5-4 on aggregate). They were lying 4th in the table, with a home game against Wolves - the leaders - coming up the following Saturday. A win would have put them back on top. This Manchester United team was awesome, and an inspiration to football fans all over England - and indeed Europe.

Take a look at the ages of the players who died. Try to imagine the feelings of the survivors when they discovered that so many of their comrades had perished. Now imagine yourself as a youngster, so inspired by these footballers only a few years older than yourself. Then try to feel the shock, pain and anguish and disbelief and utter helplessness of hearing about their sudden demise. This was not just the biggest tragedy in English football, it was the defining moment in the history of Manchester United. The groundswell of passion that followed was unbelievable. Millions of folks - some not even football addicts - wept openly. Schools were closed. Memorial services and tributes proliferated all over Europe. The greatest club side in English football history was wiped out at Munich.

This is what moved Iain Matthews to write "Busby's Babes", a simple yet extremely poignant song:

I'll see you again my Red Devil friends
I'll hear you around my door
Touching my life like so many memories before

I was a child and so easily led
You were the leaders of men
Now I doubt in my life if this ever happens again

Oh, how I cried when my mama said
Busby's Babes, son, they're dead

Oh how I remember that miserable day
When something was taken from me
Out on a snow covered runway in West Germany

Oh, how I cried when my mama said
Busby's Babes, son, they're dead

(Iain Matthews, from the album "Pure & Crooked")

May all those that died Rest in Peace

Old 16-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
rondwisan

Beberapa kenangan dari pertandingan terakhir Busby Babes di Inggris

original: gloryhunter
Old 16-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
AdministratoR
the director
-

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
AdministratoR has disabled reputation
Visit AdministratoR's Facebook Visit AdministratoR's Twitter Visit AdministratoR's YouTube

Ngeliatin Foto-foto diatas Sambil Denger Lagu The Flowers of Manchester nya Spinner Sedih Banget Campur Haru

original: iwant
AdministratoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #8
rondwisan

beberapa pic dari The SUN

Manchester United players prepare to travel to European Cup tie away to Shamrock Rovers in September 1957. Of the players here, several were to lose their lives in Munich. (l-r) Bill Foulkes (hospitalised), Ray Wood (multiple flesh wounds), Dennis Viollet (head injuries), Jackie Blanchflower (fractured right arm, broken pelvis), Peter Jones, Alex Dawson, Roger Byrne (died), Tommy Taylor (died), Duncan Edwards (died), Eddie Colman (died), David Pegg (died), Mark Jones (died)

Matt Busby and Duncan Edwards after European Cup quarter-final first leg against Red Star Belgrade in January 1958, a 2-1 win for United

Duncan Edwards (shirtless) in front of captain Roger Byrne after the first leg against Red Star Belgrade. Also featured are (l-r) Violett and Jones

Duncan Edwards signs an autograph for a young fan at Highbury in United’s last league game before disaster

Manchester United’s Mark Jones (c) and Duncan Edwards (r) playing in their last league match, a 5-4 win at Arsenal, before the Munich Disaster

Old 16-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
rondwisan

The team board the plane ahed of the European Cup quarter-final second leg against Red Star Belgrade

The last picture of the Busby Babes, lining up before the European Cup quarter-final second leg against Red Star Belgrade, February 5, 1958

Manchester United captain Roger Byrne swaps pennants with Red Star Belgrade captain before the 3-3 draw, February 5, 1958

Wreckage of British European Airways Flight 609 which crashed on take-off after a refuelling stop at Munich airport

Bobby Charlton recuperates in a German hospital. Eight players lost their lives and there were 23 victims of the crash

Old 16-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #10
AdministratoR
the director
-

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
AdministratoR has disabled reputation
Visit AdministratoR's Facebook Visit AdministratoR's Twitter Visit AdministratoR's YouTube
Default The Munich Air Disaster Fact Files

MUNICH 1958

A must read for anyone who wants the facts about the Munich Air Disaster. The son of the co pilot has been in and verified the contents since it published.

Related Link :

the 50th anniversary of Munich, Never Forgotten

original: Oom Panda
AdministratoR is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 135
@edosarag1h, Aba_MaczUnited, Abdul Fattah Hudari, adaastopa5922, adittelor, adiwena1808, adrieee, akbar15, aldo_twinz, anakautiz, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andluthfi, andy kurniawan, angga_aspari, annetapitt5084, Aprian0, arianda nugroho, Aris Yohanes, ariz_uicp, astutisukaryan, azisfirdaus, bahul20, bakkaikaa, banadegea, Baringbing, bbobbyitta5057, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, bombom, braausasda9593, Budigool, Bulma, chicharito07, copoholic, Deddy Hernandez, De_Silvia, diansyah_crut, dickclitz, dudut, dwikies, dyan_giggs, ecly_watchaa, eMJi_197, entongadit, erditama, eross tanto, eyangeyang, fadilbedil, fajrinited, Febribule, febza, fey777, finza_13, frmnsyh_KEANO, genaromazaki, gerryneville, goodfron, Hamka Husain Pasonai, Hirzan Ramadhan, HolyGS, hwstars94, id4y, indraaveiro, IrwanGGMU, jehnzhulze7993, jifortin, jojo poenya, jonipauli, joule27, khalikdarling, kingherooney, leo aryo, lucky2901, Lucky_Cantona007, M Nur Wahyudi, marvey, mika jhonny, moehfar, mygalzbiatch, namaku-iir, Nanda Vukanovic Mufc, nebuchad, ocki_26, oldark, ongen Vidic, Peace_Devils, penk22_, Prianto United, rasyidrdh, Rean, Redsbusby, Reza_45, ricky_cleverley, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizal_doda, ronald hars, Ryan Smith, RyanRezha, Ryan_lallo, schizo, sellamanyaunited, sepatu_ancur, Sir Busby Ferguson, smile_boy, SR 7, Syarifeghy, Tenx, toge, TomClare, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, udhetewur, UNITED1878, united7, vankyoet, vanquish, VanTagraM, Wengge Schmeichel, whyjakjr, wildsfire, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, YangKatanya, Yudhahduy, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, [skywalker]