United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > On Loan

Old 26-02-2016, 02:41 AM   #1
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Joel Castro Pereira

Joel Castro Pereira

Birthdate : 28 Jun 1996
Birthplace : Boudevilliers, Switzerland
Position : Goalkeeper
Joined United : 11 Jul 2012

Joel Castro Pereira joined the club in the summer of 2012 after a successful trial spell with the youth team.

The youngster has dual Swiss-Portuguese nationality after being born in Boudevilliers and playing for Neuchetal Xamax. A humble personality, he admits he had to pinch himself when he was eating in the canteen alongside Sir Alex Ferguson and a number of the first-team stars.

Pereira is a Portugal Under-17 international and made two appearances for United's Under-18s in 2012/2013 as he adapted to life in English football and awaited the required paperwork to be processed.

Highly rated by former goalkeeping coach Eric Steele, he kept goal in the 2013 Milk Cup final victory against Co Tyrone and continued to make progress throughout 2013/2014. Appearances in the UEFA Youth League enhanced his reputation and he even wore the captain's armband for the first time during the Academy term.

The imposing shot-stopper performed at Old Trafford in the 2-2 draw with Norwich City for Warren Joyce's Under-21s towards the end of the campaign and forced his way into the reckoning to be considered as Ben Amos' deputy at that level with Sam Johnstone out on loan.

As the 2014/15 campaign approached, he looked to be favourite to become no.1 at that level and competed in the pre-season friendlies. Coach Alan Fettis stated: "Joel developed well last season – he’s a good learner who picks things up very quickly. His English is now excellent. He wants to improve like all the goalkeepers do.

He’s competitive and often has penalty competitions with the other players with Nando’s as the prize! He has the character that he doesn’t want to be beaten. Joel has potential to be a top goalkeeper and is progressing well."

With plenty of competition between the posts, he managed nine outings for Joyce's side last season and kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford in a 4-0 thumping of Manchester City that, ultimately, proved enough to clinch the Under-21 Premier League title.

Although there are plenty of facets to his game that he will continue working on, he will be striving for further progress and proving his capabilities over the coming year. A loan move to Rochdale appeared a natural step in the early part of 2015/16 and, after initially returning to United, he agreed a deal until early January.

An outstanding debut against Morecambe in the Football League Trophy, when he saved a penalty, helped showcase his potential and he returned to United looking even more confident and commanding.

Joyce was delighted to be able to call upon Pereira again and told ManUtd.com: "He's a great personality and is also a decent keeper. He's a good kid and exactly how you want a Manchester United person to be. It's pleasing for him to come back and play."

Pereira was named on the senior team's bench for the first time for the second leg of the Europa League tie with Midtjylland at Old Trafford.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-Staff/Reserves/Joel-Castro-Pereira.aspx?HP

Last edited by penk22_; 26-02-2016 at 04:03 AM..
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 07:34 AM   #2
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube
Default Re: Joel Castro Pereira

Penjaga gawang U21, Joel Pereira menjadi kiper terbaik dalam 2016 Toulon Tournament, setelah membantu negara nya, Portugal menjadi juara ketiga melalui adu penalti melawan Republik Ceko.
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute

PEREIRA MOVES TO BELENENSES ON LOAN

Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Castro Pereira has agreed a loan move to Belenenses in the Reds' final piece of business on transfer deadline day.

The 20-year-old, who was part of Portugal's Olympic squad, is leaving Old Trafford for the second time on a temporary basis after representing Rochdale last term.

Pereira was on the bench for the first team's Europa League win over Midtjylland in February and deputised for James Weir as Under-21s captain when the young Reds clinched the title at Tottenham's White Hart Lane in May.

Ricardo Ribeiro left Belenenses in the summer and the Lisbon-based club's search for a new goalkeeper led them to pull off a late swoop for the United man.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Aug/manchester-united-goalkeeper-joel-castro-pereira-joins-belenenses-in-portugal-on-loan.aspx
Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 AM   #4
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Masih 20 tahun usianya...
Semoga dalam masa peminjamannya nanti, Joel Pastro Pereira memberikan kemampuan terbaiknya agar kelak saat kembali ke United dirinya mampu menjadi kiper pertama United. Siapa tahu yach...
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:37 AM   #5
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube

good luck Joel
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:44 PM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back, Joel !

PEREIRA RETURNS TO UNITED FROM LOAN SPELL

Manchester United have recalled Joel Castro Pereira from his loan spell at Belenenses in Portugal.

Jose Mourinho recently suggested the plan is for the 20-year-old to become the third-choice goalkeeper at Old Trafford for the rest of the season, while Sam Johnstone obtains some first-team football on loan with Aston Villa.

Pereira, who had a temporary spell with Rochdale last term, has been in excellent form for Belenenses during his 10 appearances for the club, keeping four clean sheets.

He was on the bench for United's Europa League victory over Midtjylland last season and will provide cover for David De Gea and Sergio Romero.

Pereira said on his deprtaure from Portugal: "I’d like to thank everyone at Belenenses who helped me to develop my game and become a better player.

"From the president to the coaches, all my teammates, I really appreciate the opportunity that was given to me. It was a great experience to be able to play for such a traditional club from the Portuguese league and be capable of helping the team to get good results.

"As I’m a Manchester United player, I need to do what my club asks and I’m anxious to return to Manchester and keep working hard with my team-mates."

Belenenses coach Quim Machado commented at a press conference: "It is not easy to lose the best players in a team like ours. We do not have the financial power of Benfica, Sporting and FC Porto. It's a shame for us. Joel took advantage of his opportunities. He has enormous potential."

www.manutd.com
Old 18-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #7
Andi Istiabudi
manager

JOEL PEREIRA TAKING IT "STEP BY STEP"

Manchester United have a good record for producing goalkeepers and Joel Castro Pereira, newly returned to the club after a successful loan spell with Belenenses, can justifiably hope to achieve his goals here.

When you have arguably the world's best keeper in David De Gea and Argentina's no.1 Sergio Romero as deputy, there is no better place to learn your trade but there can still be lofty aspirations of fighting your way into the reckoning. As Pereira stresses, it is all about taking things "step by step" and he has certainly ticked all the boxes so far since arriving from Neuchatel Xamax in Switzerland in 2012.

From a star-struck kid watching the first-teamers in the canteen on his first visit to the Aon Training Complex, he has progressed into one of the most talked-about young goalkeepers in Europe. Jose Mourinho name-checked him at a recent press conference, explaining why the youngster was being recalled to become third choice, with Sam Johnstone departing to Aston Villa for the rest of the season.

Within a matter of days, the 20-year-old was on the bench for the second time (he was also a substitute against Midtjylland last season) as Romero performed in the FA Cup victory over Reading at Old Trafford. He may have enjoyed some action in the Reserves against Manchester City and Liverpool, keeping a clean sheet at Anfield, but is working closely with the senior squad and is thrilled to have that opportunity.

"Jose Mourinho is an incredible manager," Pereira tells ManUtd.com. "He's won everything and it is amazing to train under him. I've always loved him as a coach and also, of course, because he's Portuguese. He has done a lot for Portuguese football and I think that all of Portugal is proud of him.

"It's good to be considered a first-team player now and I'm training every day with the first team and in the changing room with them. I think it's very good for me and my development too.

"I get to work with world-class players as well. We have amazing strikers who are very good finishers so, of course, it is very good for me and I learn a lot every day."

Although born in Switzerland, Pereira is tipped to represent Portugal's senior side one day - he has already played in the Toulon trophy (winning the Goalkeeper of the Tournament award) and been part of the Olympic squad.

"It was the first time I've played in the Portuguese league," he says of his stint at Belenenses. "People only knew me from the international teams so I think it was important that people were talking well about me. People talk about you if you do well and I think it's just football. I just want everyone to have a good image of me as a football player and also as a person. That's it. It was very good experience, I was happy to be there and can only thank the club for what they've done for me."

Pereira can be pleased with his performances during his loan, as was the case during a previous stay away from United with Rochdale. He continues to improve and showed his capabilities against the biggest teams in the Portuguese top flight.

"United were always watching my games," he recounts. "The manager always had feedback from the staff about my performance. [The club's Head of Academy Goalkeeping] Alan Fettis would call me every week about the match at the weekend and ask how it went and how did I do. Everything like that.

"I loved it and it was very good experience for me. I learned a lot and played a lot of games. The club was fantastic - everyone was very nice to me and welcomed me so they were sad too when I left. We played against Benfica, Porto and Sporting [Lisbon] and it was good to play against these clubs in front of big crowds."

The keeper recalls two "special saves" against Benfica and Sporting and feels it was the right time to prove his worth in a top division. Fettis told us how competitive the youngster is, in an interview three years ago, and former Reserves coach Warren Joyce also highlighted the confidence of the shot-stopper. At the end of 2014, when tasked with the difficult task of identifying youngsters to look out for, I included Pereira on my list. Yet did the loan help strengthen that feeling he was ripe for senior football?

"In some ways," he replies. "I think everything in life you have to do step by step. I feel I'm ready for the next step and I'm thinking about now and training well. I want to train hard, prove myself in training and see how it goes. I think it's important to be confident on the pitch because then your team-mates can have confidence in the goalkeeper."

So does he have those ambitions of playing for United and Portugal's first teams? "These are my goals but now I'm just focused on training and doing well," he counters. "I must prove myself each day, going step by step.

"We will see what happens. I prefer to think about now rather than think too far ahead. It's step by step, like I said, and my focus is fully in training, to prove myself to the manager and show him that I have progressed in the last six months."

The evidence would suggest he has certainly matured, and continues to develop at the required rate. Joel Castro Pereira has already been a step away from a first-team appearance this month, in that FA Cup clash with Reading, and can rightly hope for the day he emulates his hero Edwin van der Sar by donning the gloves for the Reds.

www.manutd.com
Old 30-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #8
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Congratulations Joel, semalem dapat jatah debut dari Mourinho

Old 30-01-2017, 01:35 PM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United youngster Joel Pereira made his debut against Wigan... Why was Jose Mourinho so keen to give him a game?

* Jose Mourinho made a bizarre change late in his side's FA Cup win over Wigan
* With no injury concerns, the Manchester United boss swapped goalkeepers
* Academy graduate Joel Pereira, 20, was introduced for his first team debut
* Here is how the Swiss-born Portugal youth stopper came into the reckoning

Usually a Manchester United goalkeeper is only replaced if he is injured or 'having a Massimo Taibi', so Sergio Romero must have been perplexed when he saw his number go up.

Joel Pereira, a name probably not familiar to many, came on his place. Romero was not injured and United had not conceded a goal. It was one of those changes that raised eyebrows but as it had no impact on the course of the game was hardly quibbled.

Post-match Jose Mourinho offered such a simple explanation for the change as if it were an weekly occurrence. He said: '[Axel] Tuanzebe and Joel [Pereira], for them it was the first match and it's always a nice moment, for every player, it's always a moment that stays with them.'

Joel Pereira made his Manchester United debut as a substitute against Wigan in the FA Cup

The 20-year-old keeper came on in place of Sergio Romero with just over 10 minutes to go

With 10 minutes left and the tie won there was no harm in the making the change. For a 20-year-old goalkeeper whose previous first team experience has come at Rochdale and Belenenses it was undoubtedly a nice moment to play at Old Trafford.

Without reading too much into a brief substitute appearance in a cup tie against lower-league opposition, his introduction perhaps speaks to Mourinho's faith in the young keeper.

The Swiss-born Portuguese youth international was recalled from his latest loan stint with Belenenses to act No 3 after the United boss sanctioned Sam Johnstone's own loan to Aston Villa.

The Old Trafford chief said at the time: 'We have a young goalkeeper in Joel [Pereira], a goalkeeper that played many minutes in the past six months in the Portuguese Premier League and now it's time for Sam [Johnstone] to play six months.'

Pereira is clearly trusted and why not? He has been with the club's academy since moving to Manchester four years ago from Swiss second-tier side Neuchatel Xamax.

After playing in the United age group sides the then 19-year-old got his first senior opportunity in a month-long loan spell at Rochdale in October 2015.

On debut Pereira was named man of the match and saved a penalty but could not prevent a 1-0 Johnstone's Paint Trophy defeat to Morecambe. Still, Dale boss Keith Hill was impressed enough to tip his young stopper to be a 'top, top goalkeeper' and described him as an 'exceptional talent'.

Mourinho clearly appreciates the work done by the staff at Carrington and declined to take take credit for Pereira's progression after the Wigan win.

'[It's] not my work, the work was made in the academy where the players were since they were really young kids,' said Mourinho.

'Also Joel was in Portugal where he played six months, so not my work at all, I was the guy who gave them the opportunity.'

In a recent interview with the United website Pereira spoke of his 'love' for Mourinho. But perhaps the most interesting takeaway from the piece was the youngster's confidence and desire to lean.

He said: 'It's good to be considered a first-team player now and I'm training every day with the first team and in the changing room with them. I think it's very good for me and my development too.

'I get to work with world-class players as well. We have amazing strikers who are very good finishers so, of course, it is very good for me and I learn a lot every day.'

Buying into Mourinho's methods is key to success under the manager not known to trusting youth. Whilst it is clear Pereira has a long way to go before thinking about replacing David de Gea, the man he replaced on Sunday might be starting to feel less secure.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4169682/Manchester-United-s-new-keeper-Joel-Pereira-he.html
Old 30-01-2017, 10:38 PM   #10
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

PEREIRA DELIGHTED TO MAKE UNITED DEBUT

Goalkeeper Joel Pereira was thrilled to make his Manchester United debut as a second-half substitute in Sunday's Emirates FA Cup fourth-round win over Wigan Athletic.

The Portuguese stopper made his senior Reds bow when he replaced Sergio Romero in the 80th minute of the 4-0 triumph.

The 20-year-old, who spent the first half of the season on loan at Belenenses in his homeland, enjoyed his brief taste of senior action but hopes it's just the start for him at United.

"Me and my family are very happy," a delighted Pereira told MUTV. "They were watching at home on the TV. I have already spoken to them on the phone; they congratulated me and we are all very happy.

"I want to thank the manager for the opportunity to play here at Old Trafford; it is very important to me.

"This is only a little part of my career. I want to play many more games for this club. It’s just step by step and I will keep focusing and training and see where that takes me."

Jose Mourinho had confirmed on Friday that Pereira would be on the bench against the Latics, but it’s rare to see a goalkeeping substitution and the youngster therefore wasn’t expecting to come on.

"When we scored the third goal, Mourinho just said 'go and get warm'," Pereira revealed. "So I just went and got ready. When you’re on the bench you always hope that you can come on, so I was delighted to get the opportunity."

Entering the fray with the score at 3-0 and the game all but over, Pereira was a little disappointed not to have had more to do, making just one routine save.

"Yes, of course I wanted to impress a little more but just to come on at Old Trafford was amazing in itself so, I can’t be unhappy," he added.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jan/Player-reaction-Joel-Pereira-delighted-to-make-manchester-united-debut.aspx

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 17
Aba_MaczUnited, alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, chincarito, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, jojo poenya, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, Ryan_lallo, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, zudomiriku