United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 12-06-2018, 06:25 AM   #131
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Andy Cole

COLE'S HUGE RESPECT FOR BAYERN MUNICH

“Beating Bayern Munich at the Nou Camp in 1999, to clinch the Treble, was part of the best time of my career.

“Just being involved in winning that final and we've met them numerous years after that in the Champions League. They have always been a quality team and you know, playing such a high quality side like that, even in a friendly, will be a big game.

”It's only a pre-season fixture on 5 August but everybody will want to win it.

“We played them twice in the group stages in the Champions League in 1998/99 and there were two draws, as we both qualified obviously. I think it was a case of two evenly matched teams and we were fortunate enough to win the final, as everybody knows. In the group games, it was very tit-for-tat and two good teams cancelling each other out.

”The crazy thing is, when you do play against Bayern, you always know how strong they are going to be, how they usually set up and how they are going to play, because that never really changes. With their qualities, they can beat you on any given day and United can beat them. There is no doubting they are a very good team so it's an ideal friendly to prepare us for the start of the season.

“For me, I think Bayern Munich are like Manchester United. The football club is run extremely well and there is great history and tradition. They're respected by us and vice versa. Any time I have played against them, during my career, and when I was retired and involved in the Legends games, Bayern always treated us very, very well. I think that is a mark of the respect that both teams clearly have for each other.

”Bayern also paid heartfelt tributes on the anniversary of the Munich Air Disaster this year and I think that was always going to be a given with them. With what happened, in Munich, and the fact there is so much respect between the two clubs for so many years now, I don't think that is ever going to change. There is huge respect between the clubs - the staff and the players - and we know it will be a very tough game at the Allianz Arena but one to look forward to.“

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 10:22 PM   #132
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

I would be very surprised if another team could ever repeat the camaraderie among our Treble-winning squad. For some reason, the team spirit among those lads was absolutely ridiculous.

Every man was out there fighting for their team-mates, and if you weren’t involved on the field on a given day, the other boys came in and did exactly the same thing.

Forget the issue with me and Teddy [Sheringham] not talking; the fact that we didn’t get on would never reflect on the football pitch. At the end of the season, we were trying to get the same things. We all were. There wasn’t any animosity, and we all respected each other as footballers.

How could you not, when you look at that squad? Peter Schmeichel in goal. The two centre-halves, Jaap [Stam] and Ronny [Johnsen], were made for each other. Henning [Berg] played his part as well. Playing against Jaap and Ronny was a tough one anyway, but even more so with Nev [Gary Neville] at right-back with Den [Denis Irwin] on the left and Pete behind. That is a complete back five for you.

The midfield... Butty [Nicky Butt] was in there with Scholesy [Paul Scholes], Roy [Keane], Giggsy [Ryan Giggs] and Becks [David Beckham]. Then we had the lucky four up front. People talk about me and Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] but it wasn’t just us – it was all of us.

As a four, the way we looked at it was that it didn’t matter who scored as long as the team scored the goals. If it was me, Yorkie, Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] or Teddy, it didn’t matter. If we played and didn’t score, we didn’t care as long as the team won. We were all part of it; we won the Treble together, not as individuals.

Did it matter to me and Yorkie that Ole and Teddy scored the goals against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final? Hell, no. We couldn’t have cared less. We were all in it together. Me and Yorkie scored against Juventus in the semis and these guys took over in the final. We all got the same medals.

Teddy scored some important goals and made a big contribution. He was a top-rate player for a long time. Ole, whether he started or came off the bench, could be frightening. I remember at Nottingham Forest that season; the gaffer took Yorkie off, brought Ole on and he got four goals in 11 minutes. That is some going. If you get four goals in 11 minutes as a substitute, that says a lot about you.

Ole was a connoisseur of the game and he used to watch from the bench to see how he could hurt people. He used to get in great positions because he watched the game and picked out weaknesses to exploit. Ole was absolutely ridiculous from the bench. A lot of the time it was me and Yorkie starting, but if the manager changed things around and went with Ole and Teddy or brought them on, they just did what they did.

We all just wanted to succeed. When Yorkie came in from Aston Villa, he didn’t know where to live. He’d just been signed to play in the same position as me, but I was the first one to try to help him out. He came to my house and had dinner with my family, I showed him the best place to live and the things to do and not to do.

Coming into the club, Yorkie was a breath of fresh air. He came in to enjoy his football and liven up the dressing room; I don’t think anybody at Man United had seen that type of personality before. This guy’s attitude towards football was totally different. It was sunshine football.

People used to wonder how we got on so well together because we are total opposites – Yorkie was the life and soul, while I was the other way and wanted to keep things quiet – but opposites attract. I loved his personality and he loved mine. We got on so well and, to this day, we still get on so well because we are two totally different people who approach life in two totally different ways, but we just understood each other.

On the pitch, things clicked for us as a partnership at Southampton early in the season. Yorkie had already played up front with Giggsy, Scholesy, Teddy and then Ole. We went down to The Dell and, for some reason, the manager just decided to give me a go with him.

I said to myself, you are going to get a game today so just enjoy it. And then, wow! Nothing had been worked on before, but everything we did just worked a dream. Afterwards, the manager said he had stumbled on something. That’s what happens sometimes. It was just natural. We just played what we saw.

As the season went on, we were racking up the goals, but we always had the team’s interests first. Even if Yorkie had a brace and I had a brace, if either of us had a good opportunity to slip somebody else in, then we would have done it, and that is why that partnership worked for the team. If someone was in a better position, then we would have given the ball to him all day long.

That, for me, was the secret to it all: the mechanics of that team were just right. The camaraderie was right, the personnel was right, everything was right for everything else, and we completed something that will possibly never be done again.

www.manutd.com
Old 28-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #133
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sudah siap bertemu Cole besok ?

Old 14-10-2018, 04:40 AM   #134
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Wow hampir semua pilihan Cole merupakan pemain United favorit saya saat awal-awal menyukai United

ANDY COLE NAMES HIS ULTIMATE UNITED XI

Andy Cole enjoyed eight trophy-laden seasons at Manchester United, in which he netted 121 goals in 275 appearances between 1994 and 2002.

The arch-poacher was famed for his ruthlessness in front of goal – a quality which was also required when he was asked by the club’s official matchday programme, United Review, back in April 2009 to pick an ultimate XI of his Reds team-mates, as well as a wildcard.

It was a tough task but he produced this star-studded fantasy team...

Goalkeeper: Peter Schmeichel
"A frightening presence and people still underestimate his part in United’s success."

Right-back: Gary Neville
"Gaz loves United and was the best right-back I played with during my time at the club."

Centre-back: Jaap Stam
"When Jaap was on his game, he was awesome and another guy with a huge presence."

Centre-back: Gary Pallister
"Inspector Gadget! He'd always get to the ball – even if he did think football was hard work!"

Left-back: Denis Irwin
"You could play Denis left or right – it made no difference because he was that good."

Right midfield: David Beckham
"Cristiano Ronaldo is awesome but Becks was just so good."

Centre midfield: Paul Scholes
"One of the very best. He made football look far easier than it was supposed to be."

Centre midfield: Roy Keane
"I love Incey and Butty but I have to go for Roy, for his phenomenal leadership."

Left midfield: Ryan Giggs
"He was an unbelievable talent and played his whole career at the highest level."

Centre-forward: Eric Cantona
"He was an unbelievable footballer and a great guy, with such a massive presence about him."

Centre-forward: Ruud van Nistelrooy
"Ruud's goalscoring at United was ridiculous – his record was second to none."

My substitutes bench
"I initially had Yorkie down to start but Eric pipped him. I’ll probably get a dig off Nicky Butt too, so he’s on the bench. Ole has to be there and Paul Ince. Bruce and Johnsen are my defensive back-up and my wildcard is Ronaldo."

My team selection
"I've gone for a 4-4-2 because I never played in a 4-3-3. Picking the team itself was so tough – at least Sir Alex had plenty of games to rotate his players, I only got one shot at this!"

www.manutd.com
Old 15-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #135
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Happy 47th Birthday, Cole

Old 28-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #136
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'When I looked at what Louis said I had a little chuckle': Manchester United legend Andrew Cole insists Van Gaal's got Ole Gunnar Solskjaer all wrong

* Andrew Cole has hit back at Louis van Gaal's Ole Gunnar Solskajer claims
* Dutchman said Manchester United are still 'parking the bus' under Norwegian
* He dismissed the notion Solskjaer has brought back attacking football

Andrew Cole has hit back at Louis van Gaal after the Dutchman said Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is still 'parking the bus' at Manchester United.

The Norwegian has lost just one of his 14 Premier League games in charge and guided United to the Champions League quarter-finals since replacing Jose Mourinho in December.

Yet Van Gaal dismissed the notion Solskjaer has brought back Sir Alex Ferguson's attacking style of play to Old Trafford.

Andrew Cole has hit back at Louis van Gaal's claims about Ole Gunnar Solskajer. Dutchman said Manchester United are still 'parking the bus' under the interim manager

Cole, who was speaking at the launch of the International Champions Cup in Cardiff, said: 'When I looked at what Louis said, I had a little chuckle. It all depends what you perceive to be attacking football.

'A lot of people would say, after what we've had over the past five years, this is a little bit more attacking than what we've been used to.

'I would give Ole the job. We all know this is possibly the most important appointment since Sir Alex left.'

Solskjaer will prepare for his first full season as United manager with a pre-season clash against Tottenham in China.

The Norwegian has lost just one of his 14 Premier League games in charge at Old Trafford. Club legend Cole leapt to the defence of his former strike partner on Wednesday

Mauricio Pochettino's team will provide the opposition in Shanghai on July 25 as part of this year's International Champions Cup.

It will form part of another extensive summer tour which includes dates with Inter Milan in Singapore on July 20 and AC Milan in Cardiff on August 3.

Preparations will start in Australia with friendlies against Perth Glory and Leeds.

Tottenham play Juventus in Singapore on July 21 and have lined up Inter for a pre-season game at their new White Hart Lane stadium on August 4.

Arsenal will play three games in the USA in July as part of the Champions Cup. Unai Emery's team start pre-season against Bayern Munich in Los Angeles, then Roma in Charlotte and Real Madrid in Washington.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6857599/Man-United-legend-Cole-insists-Van-Gaals-got-Solskjaer-wrong.html
Old 02-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #137
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I look at that team and believe we have the tools to match anyone': Andy Cole backs Manchester United's 1999 team to beat current Manchester City side and picks out Roy Keane and Paul Scholes as best he ever played with

* Andy Cole was the special guest on the latest Monday Night Football show
* He spoke at length about his time at Newcastle, Arsenal and Manchester United
* Cole picked out Roy Keane and Paul Scholes as the best players he played with
* The striker also insisted United's team of 1999 would beat Manchester City now
* While he admits football has changed, he feels that team 'has all the tools' to win

Andy Cole is adamant that Manchester United's treble-winning team from 1999 would beat Pep Guardiola's current Manchester City side if they went head-to-head in their prime.

Guardiola's reigning Premier League champions are working to close the season out with an unprecedented quadruple, an achievement that would eclipse United's famous treble on its 20th anniversary.

But Cole, speaking as a special guest on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football coverage, is totally convinced that the United side from '99 had 'all the tools' to match any side in world football both then and now.

Manchester United's 1999 team would beat the current Manchester City team, says Andy Cole. Pep Guardiola's team are looking to eclipse United and win a famous quadruple this season

'We have all the components to beat them,' he said.

'Football has changed a hell of a lot but I look at that United team and I genuinely believe we have all the tools to match anyone now.'

Cole's former team-mate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been appointed permanent boss at United and he will come up against Guardiola's side in the Premier League run-in later this month.

Asked whether United's players and fans would accept defeat should that help keep arch-rivals Liverpool from the title, Cole dismissed the idea almost instantly.

The former United and City striker appeared as a special guest on Sky's Monday Night Football. Asked whether the current United team would be OK losing the next derby, Cole disagreed

He said: 'It’s a derby game and you want to win the derby game! I don’t think people are worrying about Liverpool.

'If I am playing I want to win a derby. The best team at the end of the season will win it. We shall see.'

Cole is third on the all-time Premier League scorers' list with 187 goals and went on to win five Premier League titles during his illustrious career.

When quizzed on his best strike partner he was certain that it was Dwight Yorke, who he felt was a 'match made in heaven' when he linked with him.

But as for the best player he ever played with, Cole was torn between midfield generals Roy Keane and Paul Scholes.

'That is a tough one,' he pondered. 'It is a toss-up for me between Roy and Scholesy. Never mind just (Roy's) leadership quality but he was top, top drawer.

Paul Scholes (pictured, centre) was one of the best players Cole insists he ever played with

'We all remember Juventus (in 1999 in the Champions League)) but that was just one of them. I'd go one of those two.'

Cole's career at Old Trafford coincided with some of the most successful years in recent memory with no English team so far matching the success the club enjoyed in 1999.

Luck plays a role, Cole admits, but the former Manchester United and Manchester City striker admits he can see City eclipsing United's achievements this year.

Guardiola's side have already clinched the League Cup, are favourites to win the FA Cup, are in the quarter-finals of the Champions League and will return to the top of the Premier League table with victory over Cardiff City on Wednesday night.

'It would be phenomenal if City complete that,' he said. 'Their form in the Premier League has been fantastic.

'You just never know and you need that little bit of luck, too. They had that against Swansea in the FA Cup.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6875087/Andy-Cole-backs-Manchester-Uniteds-1999-team-beat-current-Manchester-City-side.html
kalo musim ini City berhasil meraih quadruple harus diakui City musim ini lebih baik dari United waktu treble 99, walaupun kesannya trophy 'dibeli' dengan uang, karena sekarang tim2 besar dibeli taipan, diinvest, beli pemain jadi. kalo dulu kan United treble dengan akademi class of 92
Old 03-04-2019, 07:56 AM   #138
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by zudomiriku View Post

kalo musim ini City berhasil meraih quadruple harus diakui City musim ini lebih baik dari United waktu treble 99, walaupun kesannya trophy 'dibeli' dengan uang, karena sekarang tim2 besar dibeli taipan, diinvest, beli pemain jadi. kalo dulu kan United treble dengan akademi class of 92
Betul sekali, treblenya United saat itu lebih banyak diperkuat pemain jebolan akademi meskipun ada nama-nama lain juga. Oiya United saat itu juga lebih kental nuansa "Inggris Raya" sementara tim-tim besar saat ini nuansanya sudah "multi bangsa" hehe..
Old 13-09-2019, 10:12 AM   #139
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'The two teams at the top... they're pulling away': 1999 Treble winner Andy Cole believes Manchester United are 'years away' from mounting a serious Premier League title challenge

* Manchester United fans must be patient, according to ex-striker Andy Cole
* Cole insists the club are still 'years away' from a Premier League title challenge
* United have failed to win the top prize since Sir Alex Ferguson left back in 2013
* David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho all failed to go and win the title

Manchester United are 'years away' from mounting a serious title challenge and will not close the gap if they do not get better players, according to former Reds striker Andy Cole.

United have failed to reclaim the Premier League title since Sir Alex Ferguson departed in 2013.

For Cole, part of the United side that won the Treble in 1999, patience is required if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is going to build a team capable of winning the Premier League.

Manchester United are 'years away' from mounting a Premier League title bid, says Andy Cole

'I genuinely believe we're still a few years away,' Cole told Sky Sports.

'We've just got to keep improving, keep bringing in better players and just try and improve season by season, because the two teams at the top — Liverpool and Manchester City — they're pulling away from everyone.

'I was in a team at Manchester United where we were doing exactly the same thing and in the end, everyone else closed the gap. It's a case of just keep persevering, keep improving season by season.'

The dominance of power in Manchester has shifted since Ferguson's retirement with United finishing 32 points behind Pep Guardiola's champions last season.

Solskjaer's side have made an indifferent start to the latest campaign with one win, two draws and one defeat from their opening four games ahead of taking on Leicester City at Old Trafford this season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7455965/Manchester-United-years-away-mounting-title-challenge-says-Andy-Cole.html
Old 01-05-2020, 06:53 AM   #140
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Mantan Bintang MU Ini pun Bilang Liverpool Sudah Pantas Juara
Kris Fathoni W - detikSport

London - Masih soal bagaimana kelanjutan Liga Inggris Premier League, terkait kans juara Liverpool. Mantan bintang Manchester United, Andy Cole, menilai Liverpool sudah pantas disebut juara.

Liga Inggris belum bisa bergulir lagi di tengah pandemi virus Corona. Bahkan ada ketidakpastian apakah kompetisi masih bisa dilanjutkan atau malah harus dihentikan di tengah jalan.

Liverpool sendiri saat ini memuncaki klasemen Premier League dengan keunggulan 25 poin atas Manchester City. The Reds praktis berjarak dua kemenangan lagi untuk bisa jadi juara.

Cole, yang pernah mencetak 11 gol dalam 19 penampilannya bersama Man United ketika menghadapi Liverpool, meyakini bahwa The Reds berhak merasa kecewa dengan situasi penundaan saat ini.

"Aku tidak boleh bias," kata Andy Cole dalam wawancara dengan The Guardian.

"Jika Manchester United berada di situasi ini pun aku pastinya merasa kecewa. Liverpool layak merasa kecewa," tambah pria 48 tahun yang meraih lima titel Premier League semasa di MU itu.

"Mereka (Liverpool) sudah pantas disebut sebagai juara," ucapnya seperti dikutip Liverpool Echo.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 46
adrieee, alfiandrmwn, and1, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Deddy Hernandez, dyan_giggs, ecly_watchaa, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fikarsoegiharto, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Grace Naibaho, iamsetia, irfi_1, jifortin, jonajoni, LAM ILHAM, marsel david, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, penk22_, Pery#24, Rean, rio vander vidic, Riskur, sepatu_ancur, stamansa, Thomas, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, Van_Munandar, wira_ozora, zudomiriku