United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 13-02-2021, 01:27 AM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: James Garner

KEY FACTOR IN GARNER MOVE REVEALED

Manchester United feel James Garner's loan move to Nottingham Forest should be a perfect fit for the young midfielder.

Academy performance manager Les Parry discussed winter deals with us and explained the background behind the latest move.

Garner's stint at Watford was ended to allow him to switch to Forest and he has made a positive start to life at the City Ground.

One of the key factors behind the move, as other clubs were interested, was the respect for Forest boss Chris Hughton, who has a reputation for being an excellent man-manager.

“James has done well getting to Forest,” explained Parry. “The manager Chris Hughton was really keen on him. What happened at Watford is the bane of our lives: a manager change. It is one thing that can kill loans because the new manager comes in and, the first thing he wants to do, is look at the longer term with the players there, which is understandable.

“Although James did really well in the first part of his loan, he only played about 40 minutes in six games under the new manager so we looked around, trying to find a Championship club for him. Forest came up and were keen so we were able to negotiate the swap.

“It is a fantastic move for him and they've managed to lift themselves a little bit towards safety as well, which is good as they can maybe relax a little bit. He got Man of the Match in a few quarters on his debut, against Coventry, so he's started well. He's a good player and he will do well.

“Chris Hughton was one of the attractions for us, to be quite honest with you, with us selecting Forest. I think all of our coaches, and myself, have great respect for Chris. He has a great reputation for the way he treats players, which is important for us. On top of that, with him really fancying James as a player, and the fact he's going to treat him well, educate him well, was massive in making the decision.”

Garner will hope to feature in two big upcoming games for Forest in the Championship.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #12
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United midfielder James Garner returns to Nottingham Forest on season-long loan after signing a new three-year deal at Old Trafford

* Manchester United's James Garner is returning to Nottingham Forest on loan
* He became a firm favourite at Forest during a successful loan spell last season
* Forest are bottom of the Championship after a dismal start to the new season
* Boss Chris Hughton hopes Garner’s composure in midfield will settle his side

Manchester United midfielder James Garner is returning to Nottingham Forest on loan.

The 20-year-old, who became a firm favourite at the City Ground during a successful loan spell at Forest last season, signed a new three-year deal at Old Trafford first.

Forest are bottom of the Championship after a dismal start to the season and under fire manager Chris Hughton hopes Garner’s composure in midfield can help settle his side as they look to kickstart their campaign.

He could be in the squad to Upface Wolves in Tuesday’s Carabao Cup tie.

Garner’s United teammate Amad Diallo is also expected to go out on loan with a Premier League side the preference.

Shola Shoretire and Anthony Elanga are expected to stay though as part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's squad rather than go out on loan.

Manchester United midfielder James Garner is returning to Nottingham Forest on loan. The 20-year-old (right), who became a firm favourite at the City Ground during a successful loan spell at Forest last season, signed a new contract at Old Trafford first. Forest manager Chris Hughton hopes Garner’s composure in midfield will settle his side

United face Southampton today with new signing Raphael Varane in the travelling squad.

The club are continuing to work on new contracts for Bruno Fernandes, Luke Shaw and Paul Pogba.

A return to West Ham for Jesse Lingard meanwhile is unlikely at this stage as he pushes for a recall to United’s first team.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9916231/Manchester-United-midfielder-James-Garner-returns-Nottingham-Forest-season-long-loan.html
Old 29-03-2022, 09:36 AM   #13
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United youngster James Garner is being monitored by Leeds as Jesse Marsch looks to freshen up his squad in the summer... with the 21-year-old impressing on loan with promotion-chasing Nottingham Forest

* Manchester United's James Garner is being closely monitored by Leeds United
* Jesse Marsch's side are keeping an eye on Garner, who is out on loan currently
* Garner is thriving with Nottingham Forest and looks set for a top-flight move

Leeds United are monitoring Manchester United midfielder James Garner.

The highly rated 21-year-old has impressed on loan at Nottingham Forest this season where he has excelled in a deep-lying playmaker role earning plaudits from the likes of Liverpool boss Juergen Klopp.

Despite the rivalry between the two clubs United may consider a permanent sale while Garner is eager to continue his progression by playing regular first-team football.

Garner has been a go-to man for Steve Cooper at Forest this season and has made 36 appearances for the club.

The Man United loanee has scored three goals and added six assists during his time at the City Ground.

Leeds are likely to lose key figures Kalvin Phillips and Raphinha this summer though they insist there is no clause in the latter's contract should they stay up.

Sportsmail reported over the weekend that Barcelona are ready to make a player-plus-cash deal in a bid to sign Raphinha this summer.

James Garner, 21, is making quite the impression on loan with Nottingham Forest this season. Leeds manager Jesse Marsch is monitoring the youngster as he eyes players for next season. Garner is thriving at Nottingham Forest this season, on loan from Manchester United

Defender Oscar Mingueza, who can play at centre back or right back, has been mentioned as a possible makeweight in a deal to bring the 25-year-old to the Nou Camp.

French giants Paris Saint-Germain have also been credited with strong interest in the Brazilian attacker.

Leeds have begun to lay the groundwork to find replacements and will also make a renewed bid to sign USA international Brenden Aaronson from Red Bull Salzburg.

Garner is well regarded at United where he is held in high esteem by colleagues such as Juan Mata for his ability on the ball and eye for a pass.

But coaches have preferred to loan him out at Watford and Forest in recent seasons and their transfer priority is to add a new holding midfielder.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10661289/Manchester-United-youngster-James-Garner-monitored-Leeds.html
Old 16-06-2022, 09:52 AM   #14
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

James Garner will get the chance to prove his worth to new Man United boss Erik ten Hag in pre-season before they decide whether to send the young midfielder out on loan again after impressing with Nottingham Forest

* Erik ten Hag has said he wants to take a look at James Garner during pre-season
* The academy product spent the 2021-2022 season on loan at Nottingham Forest
* Garner helped Steve Cooper's side secure promotion to the Premier League
* Garner has since returned to Old Trafford for pre-season training this summer
* Boss Ten Hag is eager to reinforce his defensive midfield ahead of next season
* He wants to see Garner before deciding on whether he goes out on loan again

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag has said he wants to take a look at James Garner during pre-season before making a decision about his future at the club.

The 21-year-old academy product spent the 2021-2022 campaign out on loan at Nottingham Forest - helping Steve Cooper's side secure promotion to the Premier League.

Garner has since returned to Old Trafford and could be awarded a place in the United XI next season as Ten Hag is struggling to reinforce his defensive midfield.

However, to warrant a place in the United squad, Garner will have to impress the Dutch manager during pre-season training.

Garner has said: 'That's the plan. That's what I'd like to do, go on pre-season and impress. It's down to me as a player to impress him and hopefully make a mark.'

Man United boss Erik ten Hag has said he wants to take a look at James Garner this summer. The academy product spent the 2021-2022 campaign out on loan at Nottingham Forest. Ten Hag was impressed with him but wants to see how he gets on during United's pre-season training before deciding whether to send him out on loan again or not. Garner has said he would like to 'go and do pre-season' and 'make a mark' with the manager

Speaking after Forest's promotion, Garner also said: 'Before I went on loan, there were questions of am I physically ready to compete, to play first-team football, and I believe that I've shown that this season.

'Not only playing a lot of games but how I've held my own in such a tough league and men's football, you know. I think I've shown that.

'I've not spoken to [Ten Hag] yet. I literally came from the play-off final straight to England, so I've had no rest, no break, just been football, football so I've not spoken to anybody at the club. It's time for rest now and I'm not sure what the future holds.'

Garner was one of Cooper's go-to men at Forest last season and made 44 appearances for the club during his loan spell.

The United loanee also scored a total of four goals and registered eight assists during his time at the City Ground.

Garner is also held in high regard by members of the Manchester United first XI, with the likes of Juan Mata praising the youngster for his ability on the ball and eye for a pass.

However, coaches have preferred to loan him out at Watford and Nottingham Forest in recent seasons.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10918857/James-Garner-chance-prove-worth-Erik-ten-Hag-pre-season.html
Old 26-07-2022, 09:09 AM   #15
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

James Garner is gunning for spot in Man United's first-team squad after 'perfect spell' at Nottingham Forest... but 21-year-old will seek loan to Premier League side if he fails to secure regular game time

* James Garner is ready to fight for his place at Manchester United this season
* Midfielder is keen to impress new Red Devils manager Erik ten Hag
* The 21-year-old will target another loan if regular football is not secured
* Garner was instrumental in Nottingham Forest's promotion last term

James Garner is ready to make another loan switch if the homegrown Manchester United midfielder fails in his bid to become a regular under Erik ten Hag.

The 21-year-old returned to Old Trafford this summer after an unforgettable season with Nottingham Forest, where he became a fan favourite as they won promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs.

Injury prevented Garner making the impact he would have liked on United's pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia, but the England Under-21 international's drive to impress Ten Hag remains undimmed.

'I had a really good season last season - full of confidence, full of experience,' the academy graduate said. 'The experience I didn't have, I feel that now I do have.

'I played in some big pressure games and I just think it's a new and improved me. It was almost as perfect a loan experience that I could possibly have had.

'I played pretty much every single game, played well and ended up winning promotion. For me, it's probably the perfect loan.

'However, for me now because I've played two seasons back-to-back, where I've been playing games non-stop, I don't really want to stop that.

Manchester United midfielder James Garner is ready to make another loan switch this year. Garner is bidding to become a regular under new Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag. Garner was a second-half substitute in the Red Devils' 2-2 draw with Aston Villa in pre-season

'I want to play week in, week out. That is of course what I want to do.

'I'm not too sure but pre-season has been good so far and, like I said, hopefully in the next two, three weeks - we've still got games left - I can show what I can do.'

Garner made his first appearance of the tour as a second-half substitute in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Aston Villa in Perth.

Ten Hag said on the eve of the game that he did not yet have a 'full impression' of the midfielder and wanted to see more before he made a decision about his short-term future.

'I want to play for United,' Garner said. 'Of course that's obviously my aim.

'But I feel like if I'm not going to be playing as regularly as I would like to then I'm definitely open to going back on loan to a Premier League side.'

A return to Forest appears off the cards given United team-mate Dean Henderson has already joined the promoted club on a season-long loan.

Garner believes he has proven he can 'definitely play in the Premier League and hopefully that is with United', with the youngster confident in his ability to fit into Ten Hag's system.

'I feel like I'm a midfielder that can do pretty much everything,' he said. 'I feel like I can play in the six or eight role.

'Last season I played in the 10 role as well - I'm not saying that's what I prefer, but I'm saying I can play in that position if needed - so I feel like I offer everything that a midfielder would need.

'I feel like I do have the qualities to play in either the six or eight role. I think they would only benefit me as a player.

Garner was instrumental in Nottingham Forest's promotion from the Championship last term. Midfielder made 41 Championship appearances during his loan at the City Ground last season

'Depending on the formation the manager would like to play, I can fit into either role.'

Garner was made mentally stronger by a difficult loan spell with Watford in the first half of 2020-21 and is brimming with confidence after his successful season-and-a-half stint with Forest.

That is why the 21-year-old does not want to take his foot off the gas as he looks to add to his seven first-team appearances for United - four of which came in the 2019-20 Europa League group stage.

Asked if that competition could give him a platform this season, Garner added: 'I understand what you mean, but for me I'd like to play regularly.

'Europa League for me isn't playing regularly. It's only a small amount of game time from the group stages to the final, hopefully if we make it.

'I've had two full seasons now where I've played pretty much back-to-back every week, two or three times a week.

'So, for me not to do that now I think would be a step back in my career and that's something I don't really want to do at the moment.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11046653/Man-United-midfielder-James-Garner-prove-Erik-ten-Hag-ready.html
Old 16-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #16
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Tottenham and Nottingham Forest 'interested in Manchester United's James Garner' as Erik ten Hag 'will allow the player to depart permanently for £14m'... despite the club's problems in midfield

* James Garner will be allowed to leave Manchester United on a permanent deal
* The midfielder starred on loan at Nottingham Forest as the club were promoted
* Erik ten Hag is happy to let the 21-year-old depart with Garner valued at £14m
* Several Premier League clubs are keen on a move for the United youngster

Manchester United are willing to let James Garner leave on a permanent deal, according to reports.

The midfielder excelled on loan at Nottingham Forest last season and was hoping to force his way into first-team contention under new manager Erik ten Hag.

But Ten Hag is happy to let Garner leave Old Trafford permanently, with several Premier League clubs interested in a move for the 21-year-old, including Tottenham and Forest, according to The Athletic.

Everton, Southampton and Leeds United have also been credited with an interest in Garner.

United value the England under-21 international at £14million and are content to let him leave if a suitable bid arrives.

Manchester United are reportedly willing to let James Garner leave permanently for £14m. The midfielder excelled on loan at the City Ground last season as Forest won promotion

Garner joined the Red Devils on their pre-season tour of Thailand and Australia but was hindered by a minor injury which limited his chances to impress Ten Hag.

He has been an unused substitute in their opening two Premier League defeats to Brighton and Brentford, with Donny van de Beek preferred and sent on in both games instead.

The former Forest and Watford loanee joined United's academy in 2009 at under-8 level and played 41 times for Steve Cooper's side last season as they won promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs.

Forest have been heavily linked to a move for Garner in this summer's transfer window.

Any such move from Forest would have to be on a permanent deal given United's Dean Henderson arrived at the City Ground on loan, and Premier League rules stipulate you can only have one player on loan from any single top division side at a time.

A departure for Garner will only take place if it suits both the player and the club, with Ten Hag's disastrous start to the season likely to increase the chances of the midfielder forcing his way into the United starting XI.

He has made seven appearances for the first team at Old Trafford since making his debut as a 17-year-old against Crystal Palace in February 2019.

The Red Devils are hoping to strengthen in midfield as they aim to finalise a move for Adrien Rabiot after agreeing a £15m deal with Juventus.

However, the transfer saga with Frenkie de Jong continues to rumble on with talks having taken place all summer.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11112387/Manchester-United-let-James-Garner-leave-Premier-League-club-interest.html
Old 02-09-2022, 10:03 AM   #17
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Everton complete deadline-day signing of James Garner.. as one of Manchester United's brightest youth prospects pens four-year deal at Goodison Park for an undisclosed fee

* James Garner had been regarded as one of United's brightest youth prospects
* The midfielder, 21, could make his Everton debut in Saturday's Merseyside derby
* Garner is Everton's eighth summer signing under boss Frank Lampard

James Garner has signed for Everton from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee, the midfielder penning a four-year deal until the end of June 2026.

The exciting 21-year-old talent is the Blues' eighth summer signing after the arrivals of defenders James Tarkowski, Rúben Vinagre and Conor Coady, midfielders Amadou Onana and Idrissa Gana Gueye and forwards Dwight McNeil and Neal Maupay.

An energetic, all-round midfielder with an impressive range of passing, Garner was born in Birkenhead and joined Manchester United's academy at the age of eight.

The England Under-21 international made impressive progress through the club's age groups before being handed his senior debut aged 17 against Crystal Palace in February 2019.

Garner spent last season on loan at Nottingham Forest and was instrumental in the East Midlands club's promotion to the Premier League, playing 49 matches, scoring four goals and providing 10 assists.

James Garner has sealed a deadline-day move to Everton from Manchester United

'I'm made up to sign for Everton. It's a huge step in my career and I want to help the team get better while progressing as a player,' Garner told evertontv. 'I think Everton is the perfect place to do that. I can't wait to get started.

'The manager [Frank Lampard] has got a real plan for the Club and for me. Working with him on a daily basis is major for me. Him and his staff can take me and the team to the next level. That's what I'm hoping for.

'I know how passionate Evertonians are. I'm passionate myself and the sort of player who feeds off the crowd. I know what the fans are like so I think I'll be a good fit.

The 21-year-old defensive midfielder put pen to paper on a four-year deal until June 2026

'I'm a box-to-box midfielder who can play in different roles and can support in defence and attack. I like to support with goals and assists but can do the hard work, too, which is equally important.

'I feel like I can bring real energy to the team - it is something that Everton definitely demands and I can add that in abundance. I have got quality as well so hopefully I can be a big part of us having a good season.'

Long touted as one of Manchester United's most exciting youth prospects, Garner has shown his leadership skills throughout his career to date, being named skipper throughout both the Red Devils and England age groups.

Garner becomes Everton's eighth summer signing of the transfer window. Everton moved quick to snap up the midfielder amid interest from other top-flight clubs. The Englishman captained numerous youth teams during his time at Manchester United. Garner enjoyed a hugely successful Championship loan spell at Nottingham Forest last season

He added: 'I captained every team up until the first team at Manchester United and the same with England. It's a quality I definitely have.

'I'm still only young and there's a lot of leaders in the Everton team now, but it's something I've always had and I'm not afraid to speak my mind and lead by example.

'The Club has really high-quality players and I am looking forward to learning from them while contributing myself.

'My experience at Nottingham Forest last season, and how I improved as a player, has given me confidence I can perform at the highest level.

'I want to take that into the Premier League now and do it with Everton.'

Manager Frank Lampard said: 'James is a fantastic midfielder with a great all-round game who has qualities we know Evertonians will appreciate. We are really looking forward to working with him and having him add further strength to our squad.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11171175/Everton-complete-deadline-day-signing-James-Garner.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku