United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default David May

442 - What Happened Next?
Footballers: after they were famous
David May

“I was a bit of a joker in the United dressing room. When I wasn’t greeting Jordi Cruyff with ‘Dos San Miguels you dago b*****d’, I’d urinate down team mates’ legs in the shower, cut the laces out of Nicky Butt’s new trainers or put Deep Heat in the kitman’s shorts. And some saw my biggest joke as getting in most of the photos when United won the European Cup.

I always thought that if I got near the trophy then I’d be in the pictures. I saw the trophy on a chair and thought: ‘I’m having that.’ So I picked it up and the rest is history. Although I didn’t play in the final, I was proud of my contribution to the treble.

I’d been at United for five years when we won the European Cup after joining from Blackburn Rovers in 1994. I have happy memories of Blackburn – we went from the wrong end of Division Two to second in the Premiership – but they are soured by my final months there.

They accused me of being greedy in contract negotiations. I was in a regular in the first team where Alan Shearer was paid £9,000 a week. Me? I was on £500 basic and asked for £4,000.

Jack Walker tried to persuade me to stay when he heard United were interested. And David Batty rang me up shouting ‘Scum! Scum! Scum!’ down the phone, but I’d made my mind – you only get one chance to go to Old Trafford.

I made 118 appearances for United over the next eight seasons, although I was continually hit by injuries in my last years at the club and moved to Burnley in 2003. After retiring in 2004, I formed a partnership to import South African wine with a friend and it’s gone well ever since. I was lucky to have made some money from football to invest in the business, whereas I played with lads at Blackburn and Burnley who now work in factories. New clients can be surprised that I’m now involved in wine, but I’ve yet to meet an irate Leeds or Liverpool fan who doesn’t want to do business.

We’ve just launched a new range called Mayson Ridge – the ‘May’ coming from my name. My business partner is a South African restaurateur and he speaks Afrikaans. We have a Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Pinotage, which is a cocktail of red fruit flavours on both the nose and the palate.

I’ve not cut my links with United. I work for MUTV and attend matches, usually in the hospitality lounges. I still jump for every header that Vidic or Rio goes for. It’s hard when you stop playing and nobody prepares you how to deal with it, but I get behind the lads. I was singing the Paul Scholes song at Cardiff a few years ago when a Geordie got a bit irate and tried to have a go. I was in the Newcastle end…

Some might be surprised that I say that because I supported City when I was younger, probably to be awkward because all my family were United fans, but I had trials with City when I was 14 and hated it. It was like a cattle market. These days my allegiances lie with United.

My highlight was winning the double at Middlesbrough in 1996. Everyone was singing and drinking on the bus back to Manchester and I was thinking, ‘This is the life. Winning the FA Cup a week later over Liverpool wasn’t bad either…’
I probably played my best football at United that season. I had a consistency that comes with playing every week, which I didn’t have in my later years at Old Trafford.

I look back at my time at Old Trafford and appreciate it more now. I still can’t believe that five or six lads came through the same youth team. Most of them were United fans from Manchester who went on to play for England. I doubt that will ever happen again.

Aside from Scholesy, whose children go to the same school as mine, I don’t see too many of my former team-mates. People think that you keep in touch, but they are work colleagues aren’t they? I understand why people say it, but it’s a job to us. People have asked me if I’m Alan Shearer’s mate, but I’ve not spoken to him since the day I left Blackburn – apart from when we beat them.”
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #2
VaDLi
first team
fb.com/vadli | twitter @vadli

Thanked 1,733 Times in 898 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
VaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant future

Visit VaDLi's Facebook Visit VaDLi's Twitter Visit VaDLi's YouTube
Default Re: David May

Ex-United star David May organises party to 'celebrate' Manchester City’s 35 years without a trophy

A former United star is planning a city centre bash – to celebrate the anniversary of City’s 35th year without a trophy.

David May, who won a European Cup with the Reds, has organised a party marking the Blues’ recent lack of success on the night before the next Manchester derby.

Fans will be charged £20 for the United Nights event on February 11, which is being billed on a fans forum as City 35th Anniversary Party.

Fellow ex-Reds Frank Stapleton, Arthur Albiston and Clayton Blackmore, are also expected to attend the bash at the Walkabout Bar on Quay Street.

The M.E.N. understands the Stretford End ‘ticker’ banner, which celebrates City’s barren spell, will be ‘turned’ from 34 to 35 during the party.

Advertising the event on his blog, May, 40, wrote: “The next United Night has landed perfectly, it is before the biggest game of the season, A TITLE DECIDER WITH CITY AT OLD TRAFFORD IN FEB. Hundreds of Reds getting together for a night they will never forget.

“WE ARE ALSO CELEBRATING CITY NOT WINNING A TROPHY IN 35 YEARS!!! HA HA. SEE YOU THERE!!!!”

After the M.E.N. contacted May, the final sentence and a picture of the ‘ticker’ banner were taken down. He said the event was part of the traditional ‘banter’ between fans and was not meant to offend.

He added: “It’s one of the biggest derbies in a long time and I’m sure the fans will be singing about it and the players will be asked about it. It’s friendly banter.”

The event is the latest of the United Nights, which were set up by May aimed at fans travelling to Old Trafford matches from Ireland and Scandinavia. Live bands perform and supporters get the chance to mix with ex-players and sing United songs.

A spokesman from United Nights said: “This is not a City Anniversary night. Some fans may have described it as that but we haven’t. There are 300 Norwegians coming over and they know nothing about City’s history. It’s an event we have before every big United match.”

GMP said they had no plans to police the meeting.

The Blues last won a major trophy – the League Cup – on February 28, 1976.

United fans often use the fact to taunt their rivals and the ‘34 years’ banner takes pride of place in a corner of the Stretford End. City boss Roberto Mancini promised to ‘take that banner down’ last year declaring City would soon win a trophy.

May, from Oldham, joined the Reds from Blackburn in 1994. He was part of the Reds squad that won the treble in 1999. He was a City fan and as a youngster had trials with the Blues before joining Blackburn.

Madchester band The Fraudsters have been signed to play the event and there will also be an auction and a raffle. The derby is at Old Trafford on February 12.

source : http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...thout_a_trophy
Old 23-02-2011, 04:45 PM   #3
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Exclusive - May: Smalling the man to replace Ferdinand
By Nick Rostron-Pike

David May has claimed that Chris Smalling is the perfect replacement for Rio Ferdinand at Manchester United.

Smalling has been deputising whilst the England captain recovers from a recurring back injury and has impressed in recent displays.

And, speaking to the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, the former Red Devils defender has praised the ex-Fulham centre-back.

May said: “It’s a massive period for Man United, we just need to first and foremost get tonight out of the way. If we can get anything out of the game ideally you’d like to get an away goal, it’s imperative to keep a clean sheet though.

“Rio’s missing but Chris Smalling filled in and he’s done a fantastic job, when you watched him against Manchester City a couple of weeks ago he was outstanding so it’s ok at the back.

“I’m sure the manager’s seen something in him that he likes. He’s [Smalling] very much like Rio, in the way that he plays, he comes out with the ball, strong in the air and he’s quick.

“Whenever Rio has been injured, Smalling has come in and he’s done an unbelievable job, so hopefully he’ll have another good game tonight [against Marseille].”

Source : http://www.talksport.co.uk
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
Ozzie Manchunian
academy
keep calm and become snorlax

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Ozzie Manchunian Ready for being a real United Indonesia

baru denger namanya opa....
maklum masih newbie... makasih infonya opa..
Ozzie Manchunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #5
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie Manchunian View Post
baru denger namanya opa....
maklum masih newbie... makasih infonya opa..
David May itu pemain yang ikut tergabung dalam skuad legendaris peraih treble 1999. Saya pribadi sih lebih suka skuad Manchester United era 1990an ketimbang era 2000an, hehehe ...

Dalam foto berikut ini David May berada di posisi paling atas (dekat dengan trophy).

Old 27-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Tidak sengaja menemukan artikel ini. Beritanya sebenarnya sudah beberapa minggu lalu tapi menurut saya tetap menarik dan MENANTANG !!!

Former Manchester United player David May swims with sharks at Blue Planet Aquarium

by Laurie Stocks-Moore, Ellesmere Port Pioneer

FORMER Manchester United favourite David May swapped his tracksuit for a wetsuit when he took the plunge and dived with sharks at the Blue Planet Aquarium.

The ex-defender joined television presenter Helen McConnell for the dive as part of a series of challenges for MUTV.

The pair were filmed undergoing their training then diving in the aquarium’s 3.8-million-litre Caribbean Reef display, which is home to three-metre-long sand tiger sharks, zebra sharks, stingrays and moray eels.

David said: “As a keen fisherman, I have always been on the outside of the water but this time I was in the middle of it.

“I have to say it was brilliant. If you get the opportunity I would recommend anybody to give it a go because it’s absolutely amazing.”

Blue Planet Aquarium is home to Europe’s largest collection of sharks. There are 30 species of sharks and rays on display, ranging from native bull huss and dogfish to exotic guitar sharks.

Paul Renolds of the aquarium said: “It was a real pleasure having Helen and David dive with us. They were both great sports and everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy the experience.

“In fact, we had some difficulty persuading David to come out at the end as he seemed to be having such a good time!”

David made more than 240 career appearances, playing for United between 1994 and 2003 and winning two Premier League titles, two FA Cups and the UEFA Champions League. He also made more than 100 appearances for Blackburn Rovers and played for Burnley.

On retiring from the game, he turned a hobby into a business with a wine importing company.

Source : http://www.ellesmereportpioneer.co.uk
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Salah satu pemain era Cantona nih ...

Where are they now? – David May
georgelangford20

looking at what our favourite 90′s footballers are up to these days….

David May will be most fondly remembered by the Old Trafford faithful as a steady centre half who was equally comfortable playing at full back. Playing the majority of games in his career at Blackburn Rovers, he finished runner-up in the Premier League in the 93/94 season before being signed by eventual league winners Manchester United the following year. May had a lucrative career and managed to bag himself two Premier League titles, two FA Cups, two Charity Shields and a Champions League winner’s medal; not a bad haul for a player who was often the understudy to preferred partnership of Bruce and Pallister.

Today, May earns a living as a winemaker importing his new range, ‘Mayson Ridge’ from South Africa, with the ‘May’ coming from his name, the range includes: a Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Pinotage. He obviously has managed to develop an altogether more sophisticated palate with this array of drinks, than the combination of pre-match builder’s tea and post match lager he used to enjoy in his playing days.

May made recent headlines when he organised a charity event to ‘celebrate’ local rivals Manchester City’s 35 year spell without any silverware; which he was forced to be cancel by Greater Manchester Police, because of the threat of antagonising the blue half of Manchester. When not arranging charity fund raising events such as golf tournaments, which May has done previously to benefit Manchester’s Christie hospital, he works as a pundit on MUTV.

Although not one of the most talented players in the Champions League winning dressing room of ‘99, May’s popularity grew at United due to his relaibility; which saw him start in ’96 FA cup final victory over bitter rivals Liverpool. Despite an impressive trophy cabinet, May was voted 34th in ‘The 50 Worst Footballers’ by The Times, an accolade that he surely won’t pay too much attention too. Nevertheless his career achievements speak for themselves as the Stretford End were all too keen to remind his former Blackburn team mate with the words, “David May, superstar! Got more medals than Shearer!”

Source : http://www.student-direct.co.uk
Old 07-11-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
demhyt
academy
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
demhyt has a spectacular aura aboutdemhyt has a spectacular aura about

nomor punggung 4, orang yg kalo ndak salah ngelerai cantona waktu kungfu kick ke supporter palace
demhyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
Andi Istiabudi
manager

David May benar, badai cidera memang mempengaruhi penampilan United musim ini ...

Exclusive - May: Fergie can't use injuries as excuse for poor form
By Michael Wade

Former Manchester United defender David May has told talkSPORT that Sir Alex Ferguson can’t use the injury crisis at the club as an excuse for their poor form.

The Red Devils have been hit by a spate of injuries to key players including Nemanja Vidic, Chris Smalling, Ashley Young and Darren Fletcher which has affected their bid to retain the Premier League title as they have crashed to back-to-back league defeats.

But May insists if Ferguson was happy with his squad at the beginning of the season then he must stand by it now, saying: “We have struggled in the injury department but we can’t keep blaming that.

“The manager started off with a squad at the beginning of the season and he was happy with it. The fact that we have got injuries, it has caught up with us.”

May also went on to back Ferguson’s assertion that he would not be entering the January transfer market to strengthen his side.

Although the United boss has opted to bring veteran midfielder Scholes out of retirement by handing him a six-month contract, he has insisted he will not swoop for a big name as some have suggested.

And May agrees with this stance, adding: “I think you have to agree with [Ferguson]. If he was looking at anybody in Europe who was still in the Champions League then it is going to be difficult to get somebody in.

Source : http://www.talksport.co.uk
Old 22-04-2014, 12:29 PM   #10
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Shush! MUTV silence pundit May after former Man United defender says Moyes is 'out of his depth' after Everton defeat

David May was silenced by Manchester United's in-house TV channel on Sunday after suggesting that manager David Moyes was 'out of his depth.'

The former United defender was a pundit on MUTV's coverage of the 2-0 defeat at Everton and when asked for his opinion on the embattled manager replied with the negative comment.

May was quickly hushed up by the presenter, who insisted that May concentrate on the Scot's positive qualities instead.

Critical: Former Man United defender David May called manager David Moyes 'out of his depth' on in-house TV channel MUTV before being hushed up by the presenter

There were few positives to speak of as United slumped to their 11th defeat of the Barclays Premier League season at Goodison Park, a penalty from Leighton Baines and a second from Kevin Mirallas ensuring a miserable return to Merseyside for Moyes.

The result mathematically ruled out United's chances of finishing in the top four, meaning they won't be in the Champions League next season for the first time since the 1995-1996 season.

It also maintained Everton's push for the Champions League places after Arsenal had won 3-0 at Hull City earlier in the afternoon.

The defeat intensified the pressure on Moyes, who could be replaced at the end of the season.

May, 43, won two Premier League titles, two FA Cups and the Champions League in a nine-year career at Old Trafford between 1994 and 2003.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2609306/MUTV-silence-pundit-David-May-former-Manchester-United-defender-says-David-Moyes-depth-Everton-defeat.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 13
Aba_MaczUnited, Andi Istiabudi, Gustiono, mahersal123, Merahponod90, penk22_, reza willya, rio vander vidic, tasho, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, unitedlogy, zudomiriku