United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Lounge

Old 15-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #71
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Manchester United under Solskjaer

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2019, 09:53 AM   #72
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'We need to win again... I believe so much in this club and this project': Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer backs himself to restore the glory days after admitting confidence was at rock bottom when he took over

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer led Manchester United to 14 wins in his first 19 matches
* But unfortunately United's form dipped again towards the end of the season
* They lost six of their last 10 games and missed out on top four in Premier League
* However, Solskjaer is confident he can bring the good times back to Old Trafford

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits confidence at Manchester United was at rock bottom when he took over as manager, but believes he is the man to lead the club back to the pinnacle of English football.

Solskjaer was installed as caretaker in December after United sacked Jose Mourinho following a woeful 3-1 defeat by Liverpool at Anfield, and then installed on a permanent basis in March after winning 14 of his 19 games in charge.

Unfortunately, United's form dipped again towards the end of the season as they lost six of the last 10 games and missed on the top four, but Solskjaer has no doubts that he can bring the good times back to Old Trafford if he is given time.

Asked about the job on United's pre-season tour in Perth, he said: 'It's such an honour but also a great responsibility. I'm following some great managers.

'Sir Alex (Ferguson) was the best and I'm trying to take the best from him and put my own personality on the job. We've got such a big fan base and such a history that I feel that it's a fantastic opportunity for me.

'I saw many things that we tried to improve on. The players had the quality but I felt the confidence wasn't the highest. They had just lost to Liverpool with a bad performance.

Manager Ole Gunnar Solsjkaer (right) is confident he can lead Manchester United back to glory. Solskjaer also backs his experienced players to help United get back to the level they belong

'We just tried to tell them how good they are, how important a position they have in the club's history and that they were signed because they are all quality players. No one signs for Man United without having quality.

'We need to win again. We are on the way to building a new squad. We've got new staff in, coaching staff. I believe so much in this club and this project. To be manager of this club is fantastic.

'We're waiting for the young ones to come through because we've got so many exciting players and I'm sure we'll see the best of them in the years to come. There are some experienced ones as well that still have a few years left in them. We can get back to the level we were, definitely.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7248315/Man-Utd-boss-Solskjaer-backs-restore-glory-days.html
Old 23-07-2019, 10:24 AM   #73
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer calls on Roy Keane to help his Manchester United revival... but he admits: 'We can't keep living off history'

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has sought advice from his former team-mate Roy Keane
* Keane has been estranged from the Manchester United family since 2005
* Keane had a falling-out with Sir Alex Ferguson that led to an abrupt departure
* The former captain claimed there are 'too many bluffers' in the United squad

Of all Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's assignations as Manchester United manager, a recent visit to the home of Roy Keane, club legend-turned-arch TV critic, is perhaps the most revealing.

Keane has been estranged from the Old Trafford family since 2005 when a bad falling-out with Sir Alex Ferguson led to an abrupt departure. It says everything about Solskjaer's genial personality that he is one of the few still warmly greeted by both men.

'I keep in touch with Roy and have been at his house for a cup of tea,' says Solskjaer, who was the Irishman's United team-mate and neighbour in Bowdon for nine years. 'I always listen to Roy and his opinions. I value them very highly.

'I know Roy did an interview saying there are many people that claim to be his friends. But I feel we are quite close. We have become friends. He was a fantastic leader. I loved having him as captain.'

Given Keane claimed there are 'too many bluffers' in the United squad and that they 'threw Jose Mourinho under the bus', you can only imagine what he advised his Norwegian mate behind closed doors.

To be fair to Solskjaer, his eyes are very much wide open as he tries to rouse the biggest club in Britain from their post-Fergie trauma. United finished 32 points behind champions Manchester City last season and Solskjaer needs new players, a new attitude, new fitness levels and new leaders to close the gap.

The delay in naming a new captain only emphasises there is not an obvious choice, never an issue for Ferguson when Keane was about.

'We had Robbo [Bryan Robson], Gary [Neville], Giggsy [Ryan Giggs], Keano. Anyone would love to have them as a leader but that's society nowadays, there aren't many left of them,' says Solskjaer.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer recently visited the home of former team-mate Roy Keane for advice. Keane claimed there are 'too many bluffers' in the current Manchester United squad

'Vincent Kompany leaves Manchester City, it will be hard for them to replace. There are different ways to pick a captain. You can have club captains, you can have players choosing. You can have me being like a dictator.'

Solskjaer, 46, looks far more youthful than his birth certificate would suggest as he sits down in a meeting room inside Singapore's national stadium to assess United's prospects.

He is not an obvious alpha-male and sits in the toughest chair in football without the stellar c.v. that Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp bring to United's biggest rivals. And yet scratch beneath the surface and he has more in common with them than you think.

Like a lot of continental coaches — Solskjaer was in Norway before returning to United — you sense he feels British players do not train hard enough and expect too many days off compared with, say, their counterparts in the Bundesliga.

He worked them the moment he walked in the door to replace Mourinho in December. He now thinks the demands he placed upon the squad caused an end-of-season decline when United failed to win their last six games.

This time, having been at the wheel from the first day of pre- season, Solskjaer believes United's squad can cope with a greater Klopp-style intensity and allow him to stay with his natural instinct of sticking to a winning team — bad news for Alexis Sanchez if he expects to walk straight into the side having missed pre-season because of injury.

'I'm gradually forming the team that will start our first Premier League game,' he says. 'The first four or five games, you have a week in between so it's not like you have to rotate too much.

'It's about players grabbing their chances because you can't leave out players doing well. That is the way I fought my way into the United team. I scored goals and made it more and more difficult for him [Ferguson] to leave me out.

'I was criticised last season for playing the same team too often, being too hard on them and asking to run more. We ended up with a few injuries so maybe I should have rotated. But pre-season is about laying good foundations so they won't need to have that rest.

'The stats say my first game in charge, at Cardiff, was the second-highest in intensity of pressing in any Premier League game last season. That work rate hit us in the end but now we have a chance because of what the players have done in three weeks of training.

'They had their programmes over the summer and it seems like they did them because they were fit when they came in, most of them.'

David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Mourinho have tried and failed to follow in Ferguson's footsteps. At least Solskjaer knows the club and that Ferguson's philosophy was not just about a conviction in youth, but also demanding that a club of United's stature attracts and keeps some of the best in the world.

Recruitment standards have dropped off which is why they have been so reluctant to allow their biggest star, Paul Pogba, to leave. They have signed for the future in Dan James and Aaron Wan-Bissaka but Solskjaer would like to recruit the ready-made as well — Leicester's England defender Harry Maguire if the two clubs can agree a fee and a top-class midfield player.

Yet football deals these days take an inordinate amount of time as clubs haggle over fees, agents over percentages and accountants over image rights. Luckily for United, Solskjaer describes his natural personality as 'patient' and will not throw his toys out of the pram Mourinho-style if targets are not delivered, although he knows he'll have to deliver a first trophy quicker than Klopp did at Liverpool.

'It's natural for me to leave negotiations and business to the ones who have that responsibility,' he says. 'I am quite understanding. The club know my views on what I need. I have my targets but won't bear grudges if I don't get them.'

A simpler task is to rebuild the siege mentality around Old Trafford that served Sir Alex so well. Solskjaer knows a couple of bad early results will dominate the agenda whatever others do.

'When we finished second in the League, that was seen as a crisis! I can handle that pressure. I know we're under scrutiny. Everyone apart from United fans wants us to be failing,' he says.

'We have got to batten down the hatches and stick together as a team. I am sure we will improve. The final two games against Huddersfield and Cardiff were disappointing but overall it wasn't as dark and bad because we were closer to winning games than results showed.'

United have been Britain's biggest club for 50 years with only Barcelona and Real Madrid comparable in global terms. But popularity can wane among younger fans if they stay out of the Champions League for more than a season. Solskjaer believes maintaining their status as No 1 for finance and popularity requires three factors.

'Results are one thing, the way we play football is another and the way we behave and greet people is important. It is a more competitive league than when I played and more difficult getting players. That is a realism we have to get used to. You can't live on history.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7268333/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-calls-Roy-Keane-help-Manchester-United-revival.html
Old 25-07-2019, 09:33 AM   #74
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer insists he would be happy to start the season with NO more new signings despite club's ongoing pursuit of Harry Maguire

* Manchester United have signed Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Daniel James so far
* The Red Devils have been heavily linked with Leicester City's Harry Maguire
* Romelu Lukaku is expected to leave Old Trafford and sign for Inter Milan
* Paul Pogba has accepted that he will now stay put after angling for a move away

If there is frustration over Manchester United's attempts to strengthen their squad with two weeks to go until the transfer window closes, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wasn't showing it on Wednesday.

A successful pre-season tour will end with Thursday's International Champions Cup game against Tottenham in Shanghai before Solskjaer and his players head home.

But United have yet to add to the signings of Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Dan James as they continue to pursue a number of targets ahead of the Premier League deadline on August 8.

The overhaul of players expected at Old Trafford this summer has so far failed to materialise, but Solskjaer insists he would be comfortable going into the new season with the squad he has.

'I believe in these players,' he said. 'I'm sure that we could do well, but it's both short term and long term.

'I've not had a frustrating feeling at all. We've got to be patient. It's a long haul and it's very important we get the right ones in. So we can't just jump on a different path when we hit a hurdle.

'Of course, when we're working on something that means that we have identified someone that could improve us. If it is to be or not to be, let's see.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is happy with his squad and wouldn't mind starting the season now. Solskjaer would be fine with no more further signings, despite the club's Harry Maguire pursuit

'But these players, we've played well, we've performed well, we've had some good results and the whole pre-season so far has been encouraging.' United remain in talks with Leicester over England defender Harry Maguire and are expected to go back in for Newcastle midfielder Sean Longstaff.

They will also be in the market for a new striker if Romelu Lukaku is sold to Inter Milan after Solskjaer confirmed that the Belgian will miss his fourth game on tour with an ankle injury.

Asked if he regretted bringing Lukaku on the trip, Solskjaer replied: 'No, he got injured in training so he had to stay here.

'It's not too bad. If it was worse we would have sent him home, but he's been working with the physios in the gym and stuff.' While Lukaku is likely to go, Paul Pogba has accepted that he will stay after angling for a move. Solskjaer dismissed concerns that the Frenchman could face a backlash from fans unhappy over his attempts to leave for the second summer in a row.

'Our fans know what Paul has given the club and what he can give us,' he added. 'Of course there is a loud, small minority. But Paul has been absolutely top in the group and both me and the players will testify to that.

'He's never ever been a problem here. We're just grateful when he performs as well as he does.' United trained in the suffocating heat and humidity of Shanghai on Wednesday after the pitch at the Yuanshen Sports Center was flooded by a morning thunderstorm.

It has raised concerns over the conditions at the Hongkou Stadium when they meet Spurs on Thursday three years after the Manchester derby in Beijing was called off.

Solskjaer said: 'We can't do anything about what he decides up there to pour down. I'm sure it will be fine.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7280519/Transfer-News-Solskjaer-insists-happy-start-season-NO-new-signings.html
mendatangkan James & Bissaka, De Gea perpanjangan kontrak, Pogba bertahan plus BF/Maguire (kalo bisa dua2anya) rasanya sudah cukup u/ bersaing ke Big 4 & masuk UCL musim 2020/21 kalo u/ juara PL kayaknya belum sih City & Liverpool 'terlalu kuat'
Old 12-08-2019, 09:56 AM   #75
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We have found the way we want to play and a way we believe in': Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hails young risk-takers after big win

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has heaped praised on his young side after the Chelsea win
* Man United claimed their biggest win over Chelsea since 1965 as they won 4-0
* Solskjaer said: 'We took risks but that's the way here. You have got to go for it'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer paid tribute to his young players for taking risks after Manchester United thumped Chelsea in their opening game at Old Trafford.

United's 4-0 win was their biggest in the league over Chelsea since 1965 as the visitors were handed their heaviest open-day defeat in more than a century.

Frank Lampard's side hit the post and bar in the first half, but United rode their luck to emerge emphatic winners.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was delighted by the bravery of his young players in Chelsea victory

The cavalier approach was in stark contrast to the more cautious tactics under Jose Mourinho and Louis van Gaal, and a full house at Old Trafford showed their appreciation.

'As we said to the boys before the game, we have found the way we want to play and a way we believe in. You've just got to go out and do the same,' said Solskjaer, who has put his faith in youth this summer.

'We took risks but that's the way here. You have got to go for it. It's risk and reward and today we were rewarded.

'This is just the start. The more we get to play with each other and show we're a team, we'll improve.' Solskjaer was delighted with the performances of new signings Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka who impressed on their competitive debuts as United kept a clean sheet.

'They slotted in really well,' he added. 'Harry's had three or four sessions with the team but he's such an experienced pro.

'Aaron is so aggressive. He doesn't want to get beaten and tackles, he's a proper Man United defender.' The United manager also gave credit to Paul Pogba who set up the third and fourth goals after a summer in which his future at Old Trafford has once again been in doubt.

'Paul can do everything a midfielder can,' said Solskjaer. 'He grows more when he plays at Old Trafford. He's come so far in his career and there's no point letting yourself down when you're on that pitch.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7346923/Football-News-Man-Utd-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-hails-young-risk-takers-Chelsea-win.html
Old 13-08-2019, 06:31 PM   #76
steve.crowford
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
steve.crowford has no contributions yet

So we are serious opponent for Top4?
Bissaka and Maguire as if always playing for us)
Our new velvet four https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=act058P8U1o
steve.crowford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2019, 09:25 AM   #77
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 'names Marcus Rashford as penalty taker ahead of Paul Pogba after venting fury over spot-kick miss'
Manchester United were held to a 1-1 draw away at Wolves in the Premier League

* Paul Pogba missed a costly penalty with the scoreline level at 1-1 at Molineux
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tore into Pogba and Marcus Rashford after penalty farce
* Rashford scored from the spot against Chelsea but handed Pogba the ball

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has officially named Marcus Rashford as Manchester United's penalty taker following the spot-kick farce on Monday night, according to reports.

Paul Pogba spurned the opportunity to claim victory for United from the penalty spot against Wolves after pulling rank over Rashford, who scored from 12-yards against Chelsea in their opening Premier League game.

The decision to let Pogba take the penalty was followed by plenty of criticism and, following the game, Solskjaer vented his fury in the dressing room.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has named Marcus Rashford as Manchester United's penalty taker. Solskjaer was reportedly furious with the pair following the penalty farce on Monday night

According to The Sun, Solskjaer told the United squad that Rashford is now the designated penalty taker and slammed the pair for failing to decide who was on duty before the match.

The Norwegian manager was reportedly left embarrassed by the situation during the Premier League encounter.

The French World Cup winner won the penalty after a strong run, which ended up with him being tripped up by centre-back Conor Coady in the area.

And, after getting his way to take the ball, Pogba then saw his powerful penalty saved by Rui Patricio down to the right.

The draw has ensured the Red Devils have picked up four points from their opening two Premier League matches.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7377181/Man-United-boss-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-names-Marcus-Rashford-penalty-taker-ahead-Paul-Pogba.html
nah...memang lebih bagus menunjuk penendang penalti utama, kedua, ketiga dst jadi biar gak 'rebutan', apalagi ketika kedudukan lagi imbang, tentu penaltinya krusial & penendang harus mempunyai mental kuat
Old 26-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #78
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer pays penalty for not managing Marcus Rashford issue

* Manchester United had squandered another penalty in defeat by Crystal Palace
* Marcus Rashford stepped up from 12 yards but his effort struck the woodwork
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have now missed two consecutive spot-kicks
* United boss has allowed the dilemma of who should take them to be an issue

Marcus Rashford had no challenger as Manchester United’s penalty-taker this time. There was no hastily arranged team meeting, no debate, no delay in reaching a decision.

He picked up the ball, placed it, struck it, hit a post, the first penalty miss of his senior career. Yet what would have been going through his mind in those vital seconds?

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has allowed penalty-taking to become an issue at Manchester United, in a way it should never be.

No doubt he means well, and wishes to empower his players, give them the freedom to make judgments. But this isn’t their call. It is his. It says manager on his door. It is time to manage.

At first it was leaked that Solskjaer had appointed Rashford the penalty-taker in the aftermath of the debacle, and Paul Pogba’s miss, at Wolves. Then, on Friday, he appeared to contradict that information, saying he was happy to leave it up to the two players.

On Saturday, Rashford behaved as if he was the man in charge, so why didn’t Solskjaer say that publicly?

It removes the extra weight from the young man’s shoulders, it removes the uncertainty that this might be a temporary state of affairs. And if Solskjaer is worried about Pogba’s ego — well, that is where management comes in.

Marcus Rashford saw his penalty strike the woodwork in Man United's defeat to Crystal Palace. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must manage who will step up and take penalties to prevent confusion

There is no insult in being the deputy, certainly not behind the team’s striker. It is Rashford’s job to score goals.

Everything United do, all week in training, will be designed to get him in, one-on-one, against the goalkeeper from 12 yards. He is the best at the club in that position.

Why spurn the opportunity just because the ball sits dormant on the penalty spot?

Then, if Rashford is absent, the job falls to Pogba. Simple, clear instructions. Management.

Solskjaer spent many of his early weeks at United seemingly answering the question: what would Fergie do? Well, here’s what Sir Alex Ferguson would do in this situation.

He would manage.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7393571/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-pays-penalty-not-managing-Marcus-Rashford-issue.html
Old 26-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #79
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We have to learn quickly': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer calls for response from Manchester United after defeat to Crystal Palace

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has urged Manchester United to learn from their mistakes
* Patrick Van Aanholt scored a late winner as Crystal Palace beat United 2-1
* Marcus Rashford missed a penalty as United dropped further points

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told his Manchester United team they need to wise up after Crystal Palace snatched a surprise late victory at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Daniel James appeared to have salvaged a point for United with just a minute of regular time remaining, but United could not see the game out and Patrick Van Aanholt earned Palace a first league win at Old Trafford in 30 years as he finished off a swift counter-attack three minutes into time added on.

The late drama came after Marcus Rashford missed a 70th-minute penalty, having taken over spot-kick duties from Paul Pogba, who also missed a penalty in Monday's 1-1 draw at Wolves.

'We have to learn and we have to learn quickly,' said Solskjaer. 'From the last two games we should have got six points out of six if you look at the games as a neutral.

'We're two missed penalties away from sitting there smiling, happy with nine points.'

United enjoyed more than 70 per cent possession against Palace and had 22 shots at goal, but only James really threatened Vincente Guaita's goal, seeing a first-half shot blocked by Van Aanholt in front of the goalkeeper before bending in his late equaliser.

However, Palace took a 32nd-minute lead with their first chance of the game, a route-one goal as Jeremy Schlupp beat Victor Lindelof to Guaita's long punt forward to leave Jordan Ayew one-on-one with David De Gea.

'We didn't have enough urgency and penetration in the first half until they scored,' Solskjaer said. 'They never looked like creating anything. We felt maybe it was too easy. That's when you need that tempo change.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has called for Manchester United to learn quickly from their mistakes. United were left frustrated after Crystal Palace struck late to take all three points on Saturday

'I thought we did that in the second half, we were excellent in that respect with more pressure, more chances, more urgency, but of course you've got to hit the target and score the goals when you have those moments.'

United's struggles in front of goal raised further questions about the decision to let Romelu Lukaku leave without replacing him.

The 17-year-old Mason Greenwood came off the bench in the second half, but Solskjaer was otherwise short of options.

Alexis Sanchez was not in the matchday squad as he continues to be linked with a move away from the club before the European transfer window closes.

'Alexis is a quality player,' Solskjaer said. 'We don't have loads of options. If there is an offer that's good enough for the club and him maybe he will go, but if not then he's still our player and he's a quality player.

'He's been training well and there's no doubt about his quality so let's see.'

While Solskjaer was left to rue his side's profligacy in front of goal - and pointed to two possible penalty decisions which did not go his side's way - Palace boss Roy Hodgson enjoyed a rare success for the Londoners at Old Trafford.

'The key was the defensive discipline, the shape of the team, the enormous work-rate and effort,' Hodgson said. 'We did well to stick to the script at all times.

'We were getting asked a lot of questions which we knew we would. They have a wealth of talent and we knew if we didn't seal the spaces and make certain that when we lost the ball we got back in our shape and only let them have the ball in the less dangerous areas they would score a goal.

'We rode our luck with the penalty a little bit. When they got that penalty I thought, 'This is going to be tricky for us now if they score this'.

'When we got away with that I was rather hoping to see it through 1-0 but we saw it through 2-1 thanks to a good bit of work from Wilfried Zaha and James McCarthy.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7392561/Manchester-United-news-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-calls-quick-response-defeat-Crystal-Palace.html

Last edited by zudomiriku; 26-08-2019 at 09:39 AM..
zudomiriku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #80
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

All runners but no passers: Manchester United might be rapid... but young side lacks creativity

* Manchester United suffered a surprise 2-1 home defeat by Crystal Palace
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side dominated possession but lacked creativity
* The United boss is frustrated after his team's stuttering start to the new season
* Solskjaer's priority needs to be coaxing the best from his best player, Paul Pogba

Deontay Wilder milled around the inner sanctum of Old Trafford an hour after full-time, chatting to Manchester United players.

The WBC heavyweight champion talked with Paul Pogba about what had befallen United. A game they should not have lost, one they dominated but never truly controlled. Plenty of jabs without landing a knockout blow and Crystal Palace remained standing long enough to leave Ole Gunnar Solskjaer seeing stars at the end.

Solskjaer is frustrated, believing his side did enough to leave Molineux with a victory against Wolves on Monday and then beat Crystal Palace but Pogba and Marcus Rashford missed penalties at pivotal moments.

The manager is right. United probably deserve more than four points from three matches. Yet there is an undeniable creativity gap. This young side do not possess the guile or craft to unlock opposition like Palace nearly as often as they ought to, particularly after having 71 per cent of the ball.

You might point to the 22 shots taken on Saturday as evidence that chances came and went but they were largely pot shots from distance, many easily blocked. United are fidgety in the final third, and attacking patterns become crowded.

'We created pressure but you have to hit the target, you have to score goals when you have those moments,' Solskjaer said.

Those moments were not in abundance and an over-reliance on individualism around the box is a theme. Without an attacking architect, it will not change and the decision not to sign a creative midfielder could bite.

It is worrying that only 34th-minute substitute Ashley Young created more than two chances against Palace. Given the sheer amount of possession they had, that just cannot be right.

Manchester United's stuttering start to the new season continued with defeat on Saturday. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side had struggled to break down a stubborn Crystal Palace side. Paul Pogba may be a divisive figure but he is clearly United's most obvious creative outlet

They are most fluent when countering at pace through Rashford, Dan James and Anthony Martial. But the majority of opponents, especially at Old Trafford, will sit in and put the onus on United to break them down. Having all runners and no passers is a real hindrance.

Gary Cahill, man of the match on his Palace debut, said: 'Look at the pace they have. The four they had playing, there are threats all over the pitch. That's why the result is more special because you're up against these top international players.

'We dropped into a shape and worked very hard in that shape. We managed the game well in difficult moments and showed great desire.'

Pogba is the man United look to for ingenuity in these situations, albeit from a deeper starting position alongside Scott McTominay. That burden contributed to his mistake for Patrick van Aanholt's stoppage-time winner. The France international is divisive but is the club's most obvious creative outlet.

They would rather he was further up the pitch but a lack of depth dictates otherwise. Ander Herrera and Marouane Fellaini have not been replaced and United do not have much quality beneath the surface. Fred, last year's £52million signing, is yet to feature this season.

Perhaps there is a case for starting Pogba alongside Jesse Lingard in a midfield four in front of McTominay. Solskjaer's priority needs to be coaxing the best from his best player. As it is, United are helter-skelter when it matters most, panicked when they need finesse.

'We knew it was going to be difficult coming here,' Cahill said. 'Palace had not won here for what, 30 years? Records are there to be broken I suppose and it was a fantastic result for us.

'It's intimidating in terms of the crowd and players they have but for somebody like me it's a great place to come and play. It's what you want to do.'

You wonder whether United's players feel the same.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7393529/Man-United-news-young-not-possess-creativity-needed-unlock-opposition.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 25
Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, an_setanmerah, Blacklist7, dhodoadrian, Eka Laksana S, fahlevysred, fikrirf, fredrian.seven, Gilangkukuh, goodmin, h-ANG, juliand_fergie, kedangsul, Legolash, penk22_, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku, Zulfan