United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 01-07-2018, 02:01 AM   #511
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Luis Antonio Valencia Mosquera

ANTONIO VALENCIA: FROM THE AMAZON TO OLD TRAFFORD

The path from the Amazon basin to the banks of the River Irwell is, to put it mildly, seldom trodden.

For Antonio Valencia, however, it represents a fittingly unlikely route for a player whose career has been anything but conventional to date. Now starting his 10th year at Old Trafford, the Ecuadorian is a fixture at right-back and a regular captain of one of the world’s biggest teams; a far cry from his starting point.

Born in Nueva Loja, capital of the Sucumbíos Province of Ecuador’s Amazon Region, Antonio and his five brothers would scour their city and its surrounding villages in search of glass bottles for their father’s bottle deposit centre. He would also help his mother sell bags of fruit juice on matchdays outside the Estadio Carlos Vernaza, the local football stadium.

Initially spotted playing football with his friends by ex-player Pedro Perlaza, Antonio enrolled with local team Caribe Junior at the age of 14. So impressed was Perlaza with Valencia’s attributes, that he recommended the youngster to El Nacional, a local team keen on encouraging burgeoning talents. It was also the Ecuadorian Armed Forces’ team, requiring Antonio to move to Quito.

The youngster’s stint of national service and football training had a swift and lasting effect. “Undoubtedly the work he did in the minor divisions with El Nacional helped him a lot to increase his strength and power,” says Ecuadorian football journalist Rodolfo Mazur Oyola. “El Nacional was the club that shaped him professionally. They honed his technique and also helped him in his personal training. He was always a special player due to his skills, but he used to be thin until he spent some time there.

“He began training with former members of the Ecuadorian national squad, who guided him and recommended he be taken to the first squad. It didn’t take long for him to gain the attention of Luis Fernando Suarez, the coach of the national team.”

“When you're only 15 years old and you leave your family behind to go to the capital and play for one of Ecuador's top sides, Nacional, it's a brilliant experience,” said Antonio. “It was really great. I'd do it again without a shadow of a doubt, both for my family and for the club, Nacional.”

It would prove a whirlwind few months. Just 12 weeks after scoring twice on his international bow, and still only 19, Valencia was whisked to Villarreal by Chilean coach Manuel Pellegrini. In almost no time, the youngster had gone from Ecuador’s second tier to Europe’s top level, and a place on the bench when Villarreal held United to a goalless draw in the Champions League in September 2005. Playing time would prove elusive at El Madrigal, however, and he was sent out on loan to gain action at Recreativo de Huelva, in Spain’s second flight.

Valencia recalled: “Initially my big aim was to play for the national team and after that, who knew? To be totally honest, it hadn't crossed my mind to go over to Europe quite so soon, but God blessed me enough and I was able to make the big step of joining Villarreal for a year and that was it. I'd arrived in a country which didn't have the same customs as Ecuador, I'd left my family and everyone behind and I found myself somewhere where it was very cold, so I was a bit down in the dumps at first.

!I was there for six months and then went on to Recreativo de Huelva for another six months. I guess that time was fairly difficult but thanks to God again because he had a good plan in mind for me, and I think he delivered everything that I really wanted.”

Though he had dropped a division, Valencia’s displays in Recreativo’s successful promotion push kept him in the frame for his country. Antonio was a cornerstone of Ecuador’s 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign, and it was in the tournament proper in Germany where his career took another unlikely twist as he played his way into the attention of Wigan Athletic manager Paul Jewell. “I went to watch Ecuador against Poland and this lad stood out, playing in central midfield,” Jewell said.

“I thought he was a good player and when I found out he was 20 I couldn’t believe it. I watched him for the rest of the tournament, pursued it and we got Antonio on loan with a view to buying him. The daft thing is that there was no competition for him. I think he definitely slipped through the net of the big clubs. I was really impressed when I saw him because he had such a great understanding of the game.”

The language of football proved Jewell’s most effective method of communication with his new signing, who had little knowledge of English and needed a dressing room interpreter to convey tactics before matches. “It was an even bigger culture shock than Spain,” said the winger, “because when I arrived I saw that you drove on the other side of the road! It was quite difficult in those early months. If you leave your home to go anywhere it can be difficult, and I did find it really tough. But I gradually got used to things. It helped me a lot.

”I was fairly lightweight at the time, and I hadn't been used to doing gym work or much else on the physical side, so when I got to Wigan, I thought to myself that if I wanted to stay in the Premier League for some time, I needed to work hard in the gym, train and prepare well and eat the right food. Straight away things started to go better for me.”

Antonio made a mockery of linguistic difficulties with a swift integration to the Latics setup. “He was such an intelligent footballer that he just slotted in really quickly,” said Jewell. “He‘s a very intelligent boy. He’d pick up on what I said, even though it was in a Scouse accent. Every day he worked hard, was very courteous, very tough and a terrific pro. As a manager you’d love a team of Antonio Valencias. He was suited to English football because he’s tough. Not many players come over from Ecuador with a silver spoon in their mouth, and you could see immediately that he was a hard worker and he flourished.”

The move had a knock-on effect back in Ecuador. “The entire country was thrilled,” reveals journalist Oyola. “Without any doubt, his presence at Wigan increased the interest of the Premier League, which was already followed closely by many people. People wanted to follow his development. Unfortunately, because Wigan were a small team, their games were not broadcast regularly, so fans used to wait the release of special reports in order to see how he did. However when a Wigan match was announced to be broadcast, the whole country was there to see him in action, regardless of the time.”

It didn’t take too long for Valencia’s audiences to grow. Wigan exercised their option to sign the winger permanently from Villarreal in January 2008 – for a meagre £4million fee - and a year on, Latics manager Steve Bruce revealed that Antonio had rejected the chance to join Real Madrid. Six months later, however, he couldn’t resist the chance to be part of United’s rebuilding exercise after the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo.

“I was on holiday when I heard that United were interested in me,” Valencia recalled. “My agent told me we had to travel over here because they wanted to speak with me and I couldn't believe it. I can remember calling my mum and dad, we had a chat and they were delighted. They are moments that you are never going to forget. I think that as a young lad, I was so keen and so excited to play for the club, I didn't even look at the figures or anything. The only thing I wanted to do was put on the United shirt and play for the team, so the negotiations did not last very long.

“I remember being in Ecuador and being really nervous. It was Manchester, and I had to make sure I was good enough to be at United. I had to make sure I was fit and well prepared. When I arrived I was nervous, but I was with friends who loved me and rated my ability, and who told me to relax and that everything would turn out well.”

Valencia immediately struck up fruitful relationships with his new colleagues, and his arrival coincided with the most prolific season of Wayne Rooney’s career – the striker was on course to double his previous season’s tally before injury decimated the final eight weeks of the 2009/10 campaign. The form of his supply lines – Nani and Valencia – was central to his success.

Antonio’s second season with the Reds failed to reach the levels of his first, but through no fault of his own. Having suffered a fractured and dislocated ankle in an early season draw with Rangers, he missed six months of action. Despite a rapid recovery to finish the 2010/11 term in devastating form, Antonio found his start to 2011/12 similarly disrupted by both an ankle blow and a pressing need to operate as an auxiliary right-back. He played his way into form, however, and swept the board at the Reds’ end-of-season awards, taking home player of the year awards from peers and supporters, as well as the goal of the season award for a thunderous effort at Blackburn.

The winger inherited the Reds’ no. 7 shirt at the start of the 2012/13 season. Yet, while he ended the campaign with his second Premier League winners’ medal, he was unhappy with his form, feeling burdened by the pressure of the historic shirt, and reverted back to his no.25 after just one season. “I think it turned out to be a very good number for me when I first arrived at the club as I was just given the no.25 more or less,” he explained.

His frustration continued for much of the 2013/14 campaign as his involvement was reduced, but the arrival of Louis van Gaal and a ravaging run of injuries across the Reds’ defensive ranks conspired to hand Valencia a sustained run of involvement as a full-back. His first five seasons at Old Trafford had yielded a dozen sporadic outings as an auxiliary defender, but from 2015 onwards the move became permanent.

Having previously stressed that he was only doing his job for the team and preferred operating as a winger, Antonio conceded at the end of the 2014/15 term: “I quite enjoy it, I’m happy there. It works well and I’ve played a lot there this season.”

He did admit, however, that he still had work to do in order to master his new role. “When I go forward to overlap, I’ve always got to be conscious about getting back and it’s a lot more dangerous,” he conceded. “If you do leave room for people, they can hurt you. This is different to the position I’m used to playing in, where you can be less cautious when attacking. It’s been a hard position to learn, but the key is to keep your concentration for the entire 90 minutes. You’ve really got to be on the ball for all that time.”

While he has steadily picked up the tactical nuances of the position, where he has remained a fixture under the management of Jose Mourinho, the key to Antonio’s successful conversion has been his athleticism; providing the invaluable insurance of his staggering pace and power. With arms the size of legs and legs akin to tank tread, the Ecuadorian is a physical specimen the like of which Old Trafford has seldom seen, and he remains a benchmark of professionalism and diligence even after nine years at the club.

“He’s so responsible, dependable and committed,” said Valencia’s eminent forebear, Gary Neville. “He’s done brilliantly well. He’s got the temperament to be a defender and the ability and strength to cope with most things. He’s a very good tackler, very good at taking the ball off you. As a full-back, there were some attackers you could try and take on in your own defensive third, knowing full well that you could take them on, but you would never take on Rooney, Valencia or Giggsy because they were very good defenders. We’re seeing that now with Antonio as a full-back. It’s been a very good transition.”

Another distinguished former United defender, Patrice Evra, once joked that he thought Antonio had eaten a motor, such was his energetic approach. Even as he starts his 10th year at Old Trafford, after taking a long and winding road to this point in his career, our longest-serving current player still has plenty left in the tank.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 12:37 AM   #512
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

'WE NEED TO PLAY WITH CHARACTER'

Antonio Valencia expects Manchester United to be in for a challenging ride when the Reds host Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday afternoon.

Having followed the progress of the newly promoted club so far this season, the 33-year-old feels that Nuno Espirito Santo’s side are unlikely to be worrying about relegation.

“Yes, I've seen three or four Wolves games,” Antonio told MUTV earlier this week. “They’re playing really well. They get a lot of players forward, they are also very well drilled and it will be a tough game, but we'll be at home with our fans and our people so we need to play with character like we've been doing recently.

“I don't think they are a side that will struggle in the Premier League,” he added.

United return to Old Trafford following three away fixtures that were spread across 18 days. By contrast, the next three games will be crammed into eight days - ater hosting Wolves, the Reds welcome Derby County to the Theatre of Dreams in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday, before heading south to the London Stadium to face West Ham next weekend.

“That's a good thing because we know we've got a big squad,” said Antonio, who missed the midweek win as a precaution against injuring his knee on Young Boys' artificial pitch.

“There are a lot of players who want to show the manager they are training well and want to play. That's good because it creates healthy competition between all of us.

“We hope that whoever gets their chance will be able to perform the best they can for the team.”

United have won every match in September so far, representing an emphatic response to the last defeat at home to Tottenham Hotspur on 27 August.

“Yes, I think we had two early defeats but the team was playing well, we tried to score, to press high and get players forward. Then we had two really good results away from home in the Premier League against tough opposition and we've battled and got more players forward.“

Valencia feels Romelu Lukaku in particular has benefited from having additional support in the attacking positions, with the Belgian netting twice at Burnley and a single strike against Watford.

”Lukaku has more team-mates around him and he feels happy,“ commented the Reds' captain. ”He's scoring goals, he's happy and long may that continue.”

Valencia has also declared himself “happy” as he heads towards a full decade since stepping through the doors of Old Trafford for the first time as a United player.

The Ecuadorian defender, who arrived from Wigan Athletic as a winger in the summer of 2009, has gone on to make over 300 appearances for the Reds in all competitions, scoring 24 goals.

“I'm grateful to have been here at United for 10 years,” Antonio said. “The years have flown by but I’m happy with how things have gone here.

“I look back on the positive things, the wonderful moments, the trophies and I hope I can play on for more seasons here - I'm really happy in Manchester.”

www.manutd.com
Old 04-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #513
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Antonio Valencia forced to apologise after he likes Instagram post which calls for under-fire manager Jose Mourinho to be SACKED and also describes watching Manchester United's style of play as a 'punishment'

* Antonio Valencia has liked a post which has called for Jose Mourinho to go
* United's draw to Valencia now means they are winless in their last four games
* Performances on the field and rifts off it have brought Mourinho under scrutiny
* The Instagram post came after Valencia said Mourinho had the team's backing
* He took to Twitter on Wednesday morning to apologise for liking the post

Manchester United captain Antonio Valencia has been forced to apologise after liking an Instagram post which called for under-fire manager Jose Mourinho to be sacked.

Following United's drab Champions League draw with Valencia on Tuesday night, the fan account describes watching United play under Mourinho as a form of 'punishment' before suggesting his position as manager has now become untenable.

And, with the Portuguese taking shots from all angles, including Paul Scholes' outburst on Tuesday night, the United skipper's seemingly inadvertent Instagram activity did little to dispel reports of disharmony within the camp.

Antonio Valenica as liked an Instagram post which calls for Jose Mourinho to be sacked

Quote:
Antonio Valencia ✔
@anto_v25

Yesterday, I liked a post on Instagram without reading the text that accompanied the picture. These are not my views and I apologise for this. I am fully supportive of the manager and my teammates. We are all giving our everything to improve the results.
The Valencia fan account, teamvalencia25, said: 'I'm not even surprised about the outcome of this game. I always look forward to out games but recently Mourinho has made watching us a punishment.

'Something needs to change. It's time for Mourinho to go.'

On Wednesday morning, however, Valencia took to Twitter to say he liked the post without reading the caption and profusely apologised for doing so.

'Yesterday, I liked a post on Instagram without reading the text that accompanied the picture,' he wrote.

'These are not my views and I apologise for this. I am fully supportive of the manager and my team-mates. We are all giving our everything to improve the results.'

Antonio Valencia has attempted to quash rumours of a rift in the Manchester United camp. Valencia claims under-fire manager Jose Mourinho has the full backing of the squad

It comes just after Valencia attempted to quash rumours of a rift in the Manchester United camp by claiming Mourinho has the full backing of the squad.

United's result on Tuesday means Mourinho has now gone winless in four consecutive games for the first time in his managerial career.

The poor run on the field has been compounded by a power struggle off it, which saw the Portuguese strip Paul Pogba of the vice-captaincy before the pair endured a very public training-ground spat.

And Sportsmail this week reported that Mourinho is barely on speaking terms with Valencia after he failed to attend last week's Carabao Cup defeat by Derby – which appears increasingly accurate given Valencia's actions on Instagram.

The United skipper, however, played a straight bat after Tuesday night's game in an attempt to project cohesion and unity amid a hugely turbulent few weeks for the club.

Asked if he is fully behind Mourinho, Valencia replied: 'One hundred per cent. He is our boss, we have to be with him and we are fighting.'

He added: 'No, I have never had any problem with anyone, thank God.

'The decision [about the captaincy and vice-captaincy] is for the coach to make, now we need to see the positives. We played an important game and got a point, now we have a game against Newcastle and we need to fight.'

'What I can say from the inside is that the lads are calm, working every day with a good attitude. We haven't got good results and that's why rumours arise.'

United's somewhat abject league form has seen them earn just 10 points from their opening seven Premier League fixtures.

They will have an attempt to better that record on Saturday when they host lowly Newcastle at Old Trafford.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6234309/Manchester-United-captain-Antonio-Valencia-likes-post-calls-Jose-Mourinho-sacked.html
Old 24-12-2018, 10:41 PM   #514
Andi Istiabudi
manager

VALENCIA: NOBODY IS GIVING UP ON THE TOP FOUR

Manchester United captain Antonio Valencia says nobody at the club is giving up on the pursuit of a top-four place in the Premier League.

The Reds may have Emirates FA Cup and Champions League ambitions as well in 2019 but, ahead of the home game with Huddersfield Town on Boxing Day, Valencia has stressed the need to go on a winning run in order to get closer to the leading sides in the table.

”Absolutely,” he replied, when asked by MUTV if the top-four scrap remains alive, prior to Saturday's 5-1 win over Cardiff City.

“Nobody is giving up at all. You know there is half a season left to play so it’s all about working hard, battling and playing well.

”We know we have got the quality within the squad to be able to do that. It is all about being focused and the aim is still to get into those top four places. We also want to go as far as we can in the Champions League – why not get to the final? Why not try to win the two cup competitions we are still involved in?”

Huddersfield are fighting for their lives towards the bottom but the fact the festive fixture is at home is of a benefit to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.

”I think it is good,” explained Valencia. “The main thing is to get everyone together at Old Trafford after Christmas and it is a great fact we don’t have to travel as it’s on our doorstep. Playing in front of our fans is always a special occasion.

”We are getting the chance to make them happy and hopefully put any recent bad results behind us to get into good form again. We need to start putting a string of wins together and putting in a good performance to make the fans happy.”

The experienced right-back uploaded a picture of his gashed shin to social media after a bruising challenge with Toni Lato during this month's Champions League encounter against Valencia.

The Reds defender was shown a yellow card but sustained a nasty injury in the incident and explained the motives behind his decision to share the image. “I don’t like to put photos of injuries out but I posted it on Instagram because I was getting a bit of stick from the Valencia fans due to an incident during the game.

”The truth is I didn’t see the guy coming and these things happen in football. It was a coming together and I wanted to show I was hurt as well. Nobody goes out with the intention of complaining or getting hurt but these things happen in football.

“Matches are tough – Huddersfield will be tough and there will be collisions and tackles. It’s all part and parcel of the game.”

www.manutd.com
Old 28-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #515
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SOLSKJAER CLARIFIES THE CAPTAINCY

Antonio Valencia is expected to lead out the Manchester United team again soon, after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed he is still the captain.

The Ecuadorian has missed the first two fixtures of Solskjaer's temporary tenure, but the caretaker manager revealed the right-back is working hard to make himself available for the challenging New Year schedule.

“I told you he's the captain and, when he's properly fit and playing, he'll wear the armband,” insisted Ole, when asked at Friday's press conference if he could appoint a new skipper.

“He's going through a couple of tough sessions now to get him ready for the busy period coming up.

”When you look at Antonio, there are not many better right-backs going forward with his abilities so, yes, you'll see him wearing his armband.“

Valencia is the longest-serving player in United's current squad, having signed for Sir Alex Ferguson in the summer of 2009, and the two team-mates who are closest to him in that particular pecking order have both been captain in his recent absence.

Ashley Young and David De Gea, who arrived at Old Trafford two years later than Valencia, were Solskjaer's skippers for the victories over Cardiff City and Huddersfield Town respectively. Young also led the team out for what proved to be the last match under Jose Mourinho's management, away to Liverpool on 16 December when Antonio was an unused substitute.

www.manutd.com
Old 01-03-2019, 11:02 PM   #516
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Antonio Valencia Menuju Pintu Keluar Old Trafford?
Novitasari Dewi Salusi - detikSport

Manchester - Karier Antonio Valencia di Manchester United tampaknya mendekati akhir. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer mengindikasikan bahwa MU tak akan memperpanjang kontrak Valencia.

Kontrak Valencia bersama MU akan habis pada musim panas ini. Setan Merah punya opsi perpanjangan setahun yang berlaku sampai Jumat (1/3/2019) pukul 5 sore waktu setempat.

Musim ini, Valencia yang berstatus sebagai kapten MU itu jarang main karena dibekap cedera. Dia cuma baru main delapan kali dan hanya satu kali jadi starter di Liga Inggris dalam lima bulan terakhir.

Ditanya soal masa depan Valencia, Solskjaer tak yakin MU akan mengambil opsi perpanjangan satu tahun.

"Dia masih belum fit 100%, masih berusaha untuk kembali fit dan dia punya karier fantastis di MU dan Inggris," ujar Solskjaer seperti dikutip Guardian.

"Dia adalah salah satu juara Premier League yang tersisa di ruang ganti, tapi saat ini saya tidak yakin apakah MU dan Antonio akan sepakat satu tahun lagi," lanjutnya.

"Jadi itu tergantung apakah dia kembali ke lapangan lagi juga dalam beberapa bulan ke depan, tapi dia adalah kapten, pengabdi yang luar biasa untuk klub."

"Jadi semoga dia bisa kembali main lagi dan menunjukkan apa yang dia mampu, atau fit 100% lagi dan kembali ke lapangan," katanya menambahkan.

Valencia gabung MU dari Wigan Athletic pada Juni 2009. Sejauh ini pemain asal Ekuador itu sudah tampil 338 kali bersama MU.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:33 PM   #517
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Antonio Valencia: Manchester United captain set to leave club in summer

Antonio Valencia is set to leave Manchester United this summer.

The club captain is approaching 10 years at Old Trafford but United have not triggered an option on Valencia's contract that expired on Friday evening.

It is understood the 33-year-old former Wigan player is resigned to leaving the club this summer, but is keen to extend his career.

Valencia is currently at home in Ecuador recovering from a calf injury.

He has made just nine appearances this season and has featured once - at Newcastle on 2 January - since Solskjaer replaced Jose Mourinho in December.

United do have other options at right-back, including Ashley Young, who signed a one-year contract extension last month, and 19-year-old Diogo Dalot, who joined the club from Porto for £19m in June.

www.bbc.com
Old 18-03-2019, 11:35 PM   #518
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Valencia Dipastikan Akan Tinggalkan MU, Berlanjut Ke Mana?
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Quito - Antonio Valencia tidak lagi berseragam Manchester United lagi di musim depan. Valencia disebut memiliki sejumlah opsi, termasuk Arsenal dan Inter Milan.

Pemain bintang Ekuador itu memasuki musim terakhir di kontraknya, yang akan habis pada musim panas. Belum lama ini manajer interim MU Ole Gunnar Solskjaer meragukan klub akan mengaktifkan perpanjangan satu tahun di kontraknya.

Ayah sekaligus agen Valencia, Luis Valencia, mengonfirmasi bahwa putranya akan hengkang di akhir musim 2018/19. Dia mengklaim Valencia diminati Arsenal, West Ham, Inter, dan sebuah klub di Liga China.

Namun, yang jelas Valencia cuma akan bergabung dengan klub yang menawarkan kontrak paling tidak dua tahun. "Dia sepenuhnya tidak akan berlanjut di Manchester," Luis Valencia mengungkapkan kepada koran Ekuador, El Universo, yang dilansir Sky Sports.

"Dia menginginkan perubahan suasana dan klub juga tidak memperpanjang kontrak dia. Seperti segalanya di dalam hidup ini, semua ada akhirnya."

"Arsenal, West Ham, Inter Milan, dan sebuah klub dari China adalah opsi-opsinya, tapi di dalam sepakbola segala hal berubah."

"Dia ingin memilih opsi terbaik, tapi di atas semuanya dia menginginkan kontrak selama dua tahun. Bukan untuk uangnya, tapi untuk ketentraman, dan mudah-mudahan, seperti yang dia bilang kepada saya, ingin bermain di tim yang berjuang untuk banyak hal penting."

Valencia bergabung MU dari Wigan Athletic pada 2009. Pesepakbola berusia 33 tahun itu telah memenangi dua titel Premier League dan Piala Liga, satu Piala FA dan Liga Europa serta telah membuat lebih dari 300 penampilan untuk Setan Merah. Namun, di musim ini, Valencia kerap didera cedera sehingga baru delapan kali dimainkan.
Old 13-05-2019, 06:20 AM   #519
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Jadi ingat dulu pas pertama kali Valencia datang ke United dan diperkenalkan oleh Sir Alex bareng Michael Owen dan Gabriel Obertan sebagai pemain rekrutan terbaru. Saya sempat berpikir siapa Valencia karena namanya tidak terlalu dikenal saat itu, eeh siapa sangka ternyata dia mampu bertahan di United selama 10 tahun dan memberikan banyak kontribusi bahkan akhirnya menjadi kapten United. Terima kasih Valencia, all the best for you

Old 13-05-2019, 06:44 AM   #520
Andi Istiabudi
manager

OLD TRAFFORD SAYS FAREWELL TO VALENCIA

Old Trafford said its farewells to Antonio Valencia as he played his final game for Manchester United in the clash with Cardiff City.

The club captain came on in the 73rd minute for Diogo Dalot to operate in his familiar right-back role, making his first outing since the win at Newcastle United early in the year.

It enabled the South American to enjoy the applause of the home supporters and, during the walk around the pitch at the end, he waved to the fans, who appreciate his decade of service to the Reds.

Valencia signed from Wigan Athletic in 2009 and won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup, two League Cups, three Community Shields and the Europa League.

He was the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year in 2011/12 and won the Players' Player of the Year in that same season and again in 2016/17, reflecting his popularity within the dressing room.

The defender leaves the club having amassed 277 starts, a further 61 outings as substitute and scored 25 goals.

“Finally, he has been able to put a few weeks of training in and he has looked sharp,“ said Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before the game on MUTV.

”He has been unfortunate with injuries towards the end of his career. He has been a fantastic servant to the club.

“He has been Player of the Year, he has won so many trophies. I am sure he will be sad and emotional because he has had such a great time here.”

Former team-mate Wes Brown also explained on the club channel that everybody wishes the Ecuador international well for the future, whatever that will bring for him.

“I was still here still when Antonio was here and he has been a great player,” said Brown. “He moved from right-wing to the back and, let me tell you something, he gave everything for you in every game, 100 per cent. He would run all day.

”But your time comes. He has deserved everything he has got, he was won lots of medals and we will move on again. But he will always be remembered because he has done so well.“

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 149
-bloodflowers-, @edosarag1h, A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abdu muhammad, adesaktiTRK, ailverson, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, Andi Istiabudi, anggatj, Ardhie Nemanja, Aso Chrisjefta, Ayunda, azisfirdaus, bang_zak, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, cynta, dani_aping, dannyboy, dark knight, Deddy Hernandez, dekepiks, delongedee, dery pramudito, DhaniGiggsy, dhodoadrian, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, Efri Loebay, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fahlevysred, Fajar_, fajrinited, farhaanongehhMUFC, Febribule, ferly_Liemz, fey777, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, giggs26, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, hendiplast, iamsetia, icalace, id4y, irfan_thered, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, jaxians, jifortin, jojo poenya, junpriadi, just.fluke, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, mamans, MichaelMU, mousetrap, Mritik123, MUFC1878, MuhFher, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, noerdiana 11, nurul hilal nasrullah, oldark, ollacarla, Oom Panda, paiman, penk22_, prahmono, psichopat, Pure_red, pweechevalier, qaul siregar, rangge fantom, Rean, Red Devils 07, RedMachine, Redsbusby, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan_lallo, Safii Persie, sepatu_ancur, skunk19, Syarifeghy, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, unai cantona, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, vankyoet, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, waynehanks, whoami, Wigatrisna SB, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, YANGWAN, Yayat Dg Kulle, zan_mufc, Zee de Wazza, zermapradipta, zudomiriku, [skywalker]