United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 21-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #521
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Christopher Lloyd "Chris" Smalling

SMALLING: WHAT WE MUST DO AGAINST SPURS

Chris Smalling has outlined how Manchester United must improve on January's Premier League showing at Wembley against Tottenham Hotspur when taking on the Londoners in the Emirates FA Cup semi-final this weekend.

The Reds conceded a goal to Christian Eriksen, virtually from the kick-off, and it was always going to be an uphill battle even before Phil Jones put through his own net 27 minutes later. The early setback meant Spurs were on the front foot from the outset and Smalling insists that must change in Saturday's teatime kick-off.

Taking encouragement from the 1-0 win over Mauricio Pochettino's men at Old Trafford in October, the central defender feels it is important to ensure Tottenham do not dictate the tempo of what promises to be a blockbuster encounter.

"Obviously, we started very slowly in that game and they got the early goal, which put us on the back foot," Smalling explained to MUTV.

"We couldn’t really get back into the game, even though, in the second half, we were a lot better. But when we are on the front foot, like the home game when we played them at Old Trafford, when you get after them, that’s not something that they like.

"I think they like to control the game at their own tempo but if we can get after them and disrupt them, we’ve seen that we can beat them.

"I think everybody can expect an exciting game because there is obviously a lot at stake. Both teams will be tactically spot-on and then it’s up to the high-class individuals that each team has got to produce something special. It wouldn’t surprise me if that was how the game was decided."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2018, 06:14 AM   #522
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

SMALLING HAPPY WITH HIS FORM IN BIG GAMES

Chris Smalling is giving England boss Gareth Southgate food for thought as the World Cup in Russia inches closer.

The Manchester United defender was omitted from Southgate’s pool of players for the March friendlies against Holland and Italy, but that has not shattered his Reds form.

Smalling has been the cornerstone of manager Jose Mourinho’s defence in 2018, while goals against Crystal Palace, Manchester City and Bournemouth have added a new regular contribution to his armoury.

But at Wembley in the Emirates FA Cup semi-final, it was his defensive game that was the eye-catcher. He kept Tottenham Hotspur's danger man, 28-goal Harry Kane, quiet all evening.

With Spurs's major goal threat in Smalling's pocket, United were able to build on the stability and earn a place in the 19 May final against Chelsea. An 11th-hour international reprieve can now not be ruled out.

“I love my battles against ‘H’ (Kane). I don't think he's scored too many against me, so long may that continue!” said Chris after the game.

“It's nice testing yourself against the best because certainly this year he's been one of the best. That’s our job, to test ourselves against the best and it’s nice to shut him out.

“All I can do is play the games and at the minute I'm playing every game and performing in big games, so I'll just keep doing my job.

“Of course you want to be playing in the summer (at the World Cup). All you can do is let your football do the talking. I think I've been a mainstay in the set-up (at United) for quite a while now and I just want to finish the season as strongly as I can and see what happens.”

Since being left out of Southgate’s early spring squads, there hasn’t been any dialogue with the England boss, as Smalling completes his eighth season at Old Trafford to make him one of the longest servers behind Michael Carrick and Antonio Valencia.

“At the minute there's no conversations and I'm going to keep playing my games,” he said.

“It takes big characters to last so long at United. They're always being linked to every player who has played the game but the manager has faith in you and all the managers have had faith in me.”

The Wembley triumph in the semi-final has kept the Reds' season alive on the trophy front and securing second place in the Premier League is also close to completion.

“City won the league and we had to make sure to give ourselves the best possible chance of winning a trophy and we feel we have done that,” added Smalling.

“Considering how a few months ago it was looking like that was as much as we could have hoped for, at the moment we're achieving those.

“It's just about consistency; I think we have shown more consistency this year. Obviously City have shown ultimate consistency but we're building, especially in the last few months of playing some very big games.

“We knew these months were big games for us and we have won near enough all the big ones, so I think we're going to build up a lot of confidence going into next year.

“For now, the FA Cup final gives us a carrot at the end of the season. Not only are we playing for second, but we’re playing for final places so we have a lot to drive us forward.”

www.manutd.com
Old 12-05-2018, 10:33 PM   #523
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Setelah Kunci Posisi Kedua di Liga, MU Menatap Piala FA
Femi Diah - detikSport

Manchester - Bek Manchester Uniited, Chris Smalling, bertekad untuk meraih trofi Piala FA musim ini. itu harga mutlak.

MU telah memastikan posisi sebagai runner-up di Premier League usai diimbangi West Ham United. Dalam pertandingan di London Stadium, Jumat (11/5/2018) dini hari WIB pertandingan 0-0.

Smalling menyebut tugas di liga sudah selesai. Kini, mereka pun bsia mengalihkan fokus menghadapi final Piala FA.

Di ajang itu, MU berebut trofi dengan Chelsea. Pertandingan final bakal dihelat di Stadion Wembley pada 19 Mei.

"Tugas sudah selesai. Kami menyadari peringkat kedua menajdi target terbaik yang bisa didapatkan," kata Smalling seperti dikutip Sky Sport.

"Jika kami bisa finis kedua dan memenangi trofi maka kami bisa menutup musim dengan menyenangkan," dia menambahkan.

Selain final Piala FA, MU masih menyisakan satu pertandingan. Yakni, menjamu Watford di Old Trafford pada 13 Mei.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:18 AM   #524
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SMALLING: WE HAD TO STAND TALL AND DELIVER

Chris Smalling has spoken of Manchester United's determination to rise above any recent criticism when the team stepped out at Burnley on Sunday and he says everyone was delighted to come away with a deserved three points and clean sheet.

Smalling was part of what Jose Mourinho described as “crucial triangle” in the 2-0 victory, along with central defensive partner Victor Lindelof and Marouane Fellaini, who sat just in front of the back four.

On the back of two very disappointing results against Brighton and Tottenham, Smalling revealed the team had worked hard on tactical play ahead of the Turf Moor clash and the players were pleased with how everything came together, even though he admits the Reds could have scored more.

“We had a lot of chances in both halves and if it had been five or six I don’t think anyone could have argued. The good thing is we’re getting those chances, similar to the last game, and hopefully we can continue to score them,” Smalling told MUTV.

“With us not having a game in the week, we’d been able to work on a lot of patterns of play and you could see them coming out and finishing with the goals, so we were happy with that.

“We deserved a clean sheet and going down to 10 men makes it that bit more difficult. Last season we picked up a lot of clean sheets and this year we’ve conceded early goals. We need to get back what we’ve done in the last few seasons when we’ve conceded very few goals, like on Sunday.

“United is an easy topic of conversation for all fans and it’s not often that we go into games off the back of two defeats,” added Chris. “It was down to us players to stand up tall and get a result, and we’re very happy with the win.”

The 28-year-old also thanked the United fans for another incredible show of support throughout the afternoon at Turf Moor.

“Right from the warm-up they didn’t stop singing,” declared Smalling. “They travel so far and all over the place to cheer us on and we wanted to give them that win that they deserve.”

www.manutd.com
Old 16-09-2018, 08:03 AM   #525
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Gagal fokus dengan model rambut baru Smalling

Old 18-09-2018, 10:09 PM   #526
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Chris Smalling believes Manchester United's consecutive, morale-boosting away wins have set a solid platform at the start of a key period of games.

The Reds have emerged victorious from testing trips to Burnley and Watford in the Premier League either side of the international break, winning 2-0 at Turf Moor before Saturday’s 2-1 success at Vicarage Road.

Smalling feels that Jose Mourinho’s men can sustain the feel-good factor heading into a crucial run of matches in different competitions, starting with Wednesday’s first UEFA Champions League Group H game away at Young Boys.

It promises to be a tough test as the Swiss outfit are bound to be up for what is their first match at this stage of Europe’s elite competition, and they play on an artificial surface – something Chris has experienced before.

“I have played on a 3G pitch for England against Lithuania a couple of times,” the defender told reporters. “We will be travelling over a little earlier to make sure we train on that pitch [at the Stade de Suisse] so we can get used to it but, on the back of two away wins, I think we can build that momentum at a crucial time of the month where there are so many games.”

The Reds have responded to back-to-back defeats against Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur with a steely determination and maximum points from both games played in September so far.

When asked about the team’s mentality, Chris said: “I think it has definitely come together in the last couple of games. Obviously, Burnley was comfortable through the whole game; the first half [against Watford] was comfortable and the second was about digging in when we knew we weren't always going to have it our own way, but all credit to all 11 players out there.”

I JUST THOUGHT 'WHY NOT'?

Less than three minutes after Romelu Lukaku had opened the scoring in the first half at Watford, Smalling added to it with a stunning volley, which proved to be the decisive goal after Andre Gray pulled one back for the Hornets after the break.

“You are just hoping it falls to you and I just chested it quite high and I thought 'why not'? I just lashed at it and luckily it went in,” Chris explained, after latching on to Marouane Fellaini’s knockdown from an Ashley Young corner.

“If any [of my team-mates] had money on me to score a volley, then I’m sure they’ll win, but we have been working a bit on set-plays, not volleys. I think we have a lot of height in our team and I don’t think we threaten enough at set-plays, so it was good that we caused a few problems.”

DAVID IS ALWAYS THERE!

Smalling’s goal may not have been so crucial had it not been for David De Gea’s stunning save to deny Christian Kabasele’s header late on – and Chris feels the Spaniard’s contribution, after having a largely quiet game, only serves to illustrate that he’s the best in the business.

“Ultimately, for most of the game, he didn't have much to do, but what makes him one of the best in the world is that he doesn't have much to do and stands up in the last minute when it is a crucial time, and that's where the best goalkeepers are,” our no.12 commented. “They don’t switch off and David’s always there!

www.manutd.com
Old 13-10-2018, 02:02 AM   #527
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SMALLING IMPRESSED BY UNITED YOUNGSTERS

Chris Smalling has been impressed by the way a number of young Manchester United players have conducted themselves when given the opportunity to train with the first team this week.

A group of youngsters from the Academy have linked up with the first-team players who are not involved with their countries during the current international break.

Working closely with the young Reds has brought back memories for Chris, who feels it’s a chance for them to experience how Jose Mourinho’s team go about their daily business at the Aon Training Complex.

“It’s great to see their energy,” our no.12 told MUTV’s Mark Sullivan. “It reminds you of when you were that young and you wanted to come in. We’ve had quite a lot of young players in and it’s nice to see. There must have been at least seven, eight or nine of the young ones.

“Again we’ll train with them tomorrow – I think we’re playing a bigger [sided] game. It gives every one of them an opportunity to see that pathway through [to the first team].”

'YOU TRAIN HARD IN THE WEEK AND HAVE THE WEEKEND OFF'

Eleven senior Reds are away with their national teams but the rest of Jose’s squad have reported for duty at the Aon Training Complex to continue working on their fitness, before preparations for the trip to Chelsea on Saturday 20 October step up next week.

Explaining the players’ typical programme during the international break, Chris said: “This week it will be smaller and more intense activities. For example, there were quite a lot of small possession games yesterday. We'll do three-a-side, four-a-side, five-a-side, and it will be really more intense than, say, the week heading up to a game, because obviously you can get a lot more fitness in.”

He went on: “Today we did quite a lot of one v ones, two v twos and small games like that, but it’s really more for fitness – getting work in that you can't get in, say, when you have two games in a week.

“Quite often you train during the week and then – depending what the schedule is – you sometimes have Saturday and Sunday off so you can enjoy the weekend, and then we’ll train from Monday all the way up to Chelsea. But you train very hard during the week and then have the weekend off.”

www.manutd.com
Old 27-10-2018, 04:34 PM   #528
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SMALLING: I'LL BE PROUD TO JOIN UNITED'S 300 CLUB

If Chris Smalling plays a part during this weekend's Premier League match with Everton, he will become just the 59th player in the club's 140-year history to make 300 appearances.

We spoke to Chris during the recent international break to discuss his eight years in M16 so far and what makes Manchester United so special. The full interview will appear in Sunday's United Review, the matchday programme at Old Trafford...

A SPECIAL CONNECTION
“The sheer size of the club... it's a club that's always used to winning trophies and being successful, and is probably the most talked about club in the world. To be able to play your part is an amazing feeling. You see ex-players like Rio [Ferdinand] talking in Twitter videos, and often he's coming to our games if he's doing his punditry, and you can tell that this club is definitely still his club. That's how I think I'm always going to feel, because this club has been such a big part of my career, and I hope it is for as long as it's possible.”

A PLACE IN HISTORY
“It's hard to sit back and just go through your whole career, because everything's always moving so fast. But the odd milestone is always a nice moment, and when you look at the previous players to have hit those kind of milestones, it's nice to be in that company. There are some big names [to have played 300 games]. Just to be able to be at a club like Manchester United for so long... when I first joined, you never know how it's going to turn out. It makes me very proud that a club like Manchester United have wanted me to be here as long as I have been.”

WHERE THE HEART IS
“Old Trafford... that's what really gets the hairs on the back of our necks up. It's a great feeling to play here. You can be in the 80th minute and you could be tired, but when you hear that crowd you almost feel fully re-energised. Obviously we have a huge stadium, and when we're playing well and the fans are up, like they were against Newcastle, you can see the proof: a team like Newcastle can just wilt because they can't stand the pressure. That's the cauldron we need to create more often with our performances.”

REDS ON THE ROAD
“Our away fans are fantastic as well. We can go away to so many different stadiums and have such a small section, but they're often the loudest. No matter the result, they're singing - whether we're a goal up or a goal down. Travelling away as an away fan, you have to take so much time off, and there are so many travel commitments. It's a massive credit to them that they come and travel, not just in this country but all over the world.”

FAVOURITE GOAL
“Being able to score right in front of our fans in the Manchester derby... it's going to be very hard to beat that moment. You can win a trophy, but in the heat of that moment, scoring the winner was such an amazing feeling. There was a bit of everything in there. Everyone was talking about them winning the title that day, it was my mistake for their first goal as well, plus the fact we needed the win. For it all to come into one moment... it's just something that you'll remember forever.”

FAVOURITE MEMORY
“Maybe my first title [2010/11 season]. Joining a club of such big stature and trying to make my mark was very daunting, but it was something I enjoyed. I played a lot more games [33] in that first season than I could even have thought of. To be able to play my part in my first trophy - I can remember lifting it in the middle of the pitch and I had all my family there. That just really got me hungry for more.”

www.manutd.com
Old 05-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #529
roodee_UID
reserve player
Rudii Hartono Daeng Tiro

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
roodee_UID is a jewel in the roughroodee_UID is a jewel in the roughroodee_UID is a jewel in the rough
Visit roodee_UID's Facebook Visit roodee_UID's Twitter

Apa yg kepikir dengan Pemain yang satu ini?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DUMAI
roodee_UID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #530
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United keen to extend Chris Smalling's stay as they open talks over new £120,000-a-week deal

* Chris Smalling is currently on £80,000 a week but he is looking for more money
* Manchester United can activate a 12-month extension on his current deal
* Smalling's future is uncertain and Jose Mourinho has tried to sign a centre back
* Ander Herrera is also in talks and is unhappy with his recent contract offer

Manchester United have opened contract talks with Chris Smalling in a bid to keep the defender at Old Trafford.

Smalling's current £80,000-a-week deal runs out in the summer and it's understood that he is looking to increase that figure to closer to £120,000.

United have the option of activating a 12-month extension on Smalling's contract, although the club would prefer to agree fresh terms before the end of the season.

The future of United's central defenders - Smalling, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Victor Lindelof - has been uncertain for some time with Jose Mourinho making no secret of his plans to strengthen in that department.

Smalling, who turns 29 on Thursday, has been linked with a move to Everton in the summer even though it's understood that he would only consider joining a Champions League club.

He also suffered the disappointment of losing his England place going into the World Cup after Gareth Southgate claimed that he was not good enough at playing the ball out from the back.

However, Smalling has been one of United's most consistent defenders during a difficult start to the season after forging a partnership with Lindelof, and Mourinho is keen to keep him at the club.

The United boss still wants another centre back in the January transfer window after being frustrated in his attempts to sign Toby Alderweireld, Jerome Boateng and Harry Maguire in the summer, but would prefer to wait until the end of the season before selling one of his current squad to make room.

Chris Smalling is hoping for improved terms on his current £80,000-a-week contract. Manchester United have the option of extending Smalling's contract by 12 months

There could still be an issue between Mourinho, who wants an experienced defender, and the Old Trafford hierarchy who would prefer a younger signing with the potential to develop. United were once again linked with Fiorentina's 21-year-old Serbia international Nikola Milenkovic in Italy on Wednesday.

Smalling is one of eight United players - the others are David de Gea, Anthony Martial, Antonio Valencia, Jones, Matteo Darmian, Andreas Pereira and James Wilson - who have a 12-month option that can be triggered by the club before their contracts expire in the summer.

However, Juan Mata, Ander Herrera and Ashley Young will all be free agents unless they can agree new terms.

Herrera, in particular, is understood to be unhappy with the offer that has made so far. It's believed to represent only a slight increase on his current £75,000-a-week deal and is little better than the contracts being offered to the younger members of the squad.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6415515/Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling-talks-new-120-000-week-deal.html
Young, Smalling, habis ini kontrak pemain senior (kalo gak mo disebut veteran) mana lagi yg mo diperpanjang? Jones gak sekalian?

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 137
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, adesaktiTRK, aGhaa, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrydjemb4, anenk_garcia, Ardiey11, arik_, asby_ansya, Aso Chrisjefta, asririzky, ayahocta, Azrul Red United, bang_zak, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, chest, chincarito, christof_ww, cynta, dannyboy, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, ditra wirochadi, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, hombreng, hzent, iamsetia, iblismerah, icebreaker, id4y, irfan_thered, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, jusri, kingherooney, King_Cantona, kykyba7, Lang25, Legolash, Mahesa_Jenar, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, mousetrap, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, noerdiana 11, oldark, omink_08, paiman, Peace_Devils, penk22_, pweechevalier, Rage, raviKiko14, red, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, rizluq, robby7beckham, ronald hars, roodee_UID, Ryan_lallo, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, Syarifeghy, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, vhio, Victory, wakhid ronaldo, wazza ui, william metta, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, Zulfan, [skywalker]