United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 21-07-2018, 07:10 AM   #51
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Jaap Stam

Jaap Stam Speaks Out About Time At Reading FC

The Dutchman tries to explain where it all went wrong with the Royals.

Jaap Stam has said he is thankful to Reading for giving him an opportunity to manage in England. Speaking to Dutch football magazine ELF Voetbal at his home in Twyford, the 46-year-old admitted that “we actually performed above expectations” before discussing the poor performances of the 2017/18 season that led to his sacking in March:

“For the second season we indicated to the staff and to the players that we had to make steps and work even harder,” he said. “But opponents also played against us more aggressively. I hoped the owners would invest, but that did not happen enough.

“We noticed that some players were at their limit. The football remained fine to good, but that did not always result in victories. We also conceded many goals because of individual errors. As a result, you saw the confidence disappear from some boys. If results are not forthcoming, the credit for a manager stops once. That is part of the job and I am also not embittered about the dismissal.

“I am just grateful that Reading gave us a chance to work in England. You have seen the same names rotate for years in the English managerial circuit.”

Stam’s possession philosophy was criticised by many Royals supporters, especially towards the end of his time in charge, but the Dutchman speaks proudly of the way his side played:

“We received compliments for our method. Our playing style is included in the coaching course of the English Football Association. The nice thing was that boys thirty years and older and internationals from Ireland and Wales [Paul McShane, Chris Gunter etc] got better and said they were sorry that they had not worked with us before.”

So what next for Stam?

“Andries [Ulderink], Saïd [Bakkati] and I would like to work together again somewhere. We click very well. Andries has a lot of experience in the trainer field and can plan well and Saïd is a good analyst.

“[I would like to manage] in the Championship or in the Premier League. I doubt that this summer is going to happen. All the jobs are now occupied. When the season starts though, managers can go quickly.

“I have already had offers, but they came from China and the Middle East. I’m not waiting for that. The big money is not worth it. There are people who say they go that way for a sporting challenge or to build something. But sheikhs do not give you the time to work for years. And if you sometimes see images from Qatar or the Emirates, you only see empty stands.”

thetilehurstend.sbnation.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2018, 06:29 AM   #52
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

My move to United was a long time coming.

The season before I joined, my agent phoned me and told me that United were showing some interest to get me over to England. At the time, like everybody probably knows, I didn’t feel I was ready yet to sign, to make that step up. First I wanted to establish myself in Holland and at PSV and become an international. Hopefully after that I could think about going abroad to the UK, to United.

The first time around, we said we were happy to wait. PSV gave me a new contract over there, but sometimes things can go very quickly in football. Six months later, I told the club that I wanted to go because United were still following me and they were still in contact with my agent. Now I felt that I was ready to make the step.

I’ve always been a fan of English football and especially United. Everybody knows United in Holland, so it’s huge here. To get the opportunity to play for that team, you want to grab it with both hands and take that opportunity because also in football you don’t always get what you want. You can be a fan of a club but it’s never a certainty that that club wants to sign you. Sometimes you need a bit of luck as well, and that was the case for myself. I was delighted that they had come in for me again.

However, the PSV chairman, Harry van Raaij, was making it very hard for myself and for United because I’d signed that new deal six months earlier. He said: “Okay, you can leave the club, but I want to have 50million Guilders,” and that was a lot of money at that time [around £15million]. Of course, no club was going to pay that, but United were really determined to make it happen. We all wanted it to happen.

I had to make it happen.

Normally in your contract, you’re entitled to certain clauses to maybe get a certain percentage of the transfer fee, and I was no different. I was entitled to a large amount of money if I moved to United, but for me, it was never about making money. Of course, your salary needs to be okay – that’s the same for everybody – but the most important thing for myself was to go to a big club, succeed, hopefully win trophies.

When United came, a very big club with great players, I was very excited to go over there and join them. My first thought was joining them and being a success, not making as much money as I could, so I decided that I had to give up the money to make that step to United.

They still paid a lot of money for me at that time, you know, but I was, of course, very happy that the deal went through. When I found out it was finally happening, I felt a mixture of everything. Obviously there had been a lot of stress – my wife was very pregnant through all of this – so it was a huge sense of relief and excitement to have it all finalised.

Though really, it was just the start of a busy summer. The deal was done before the World Cup, so there was a lot of pressure on me going into that tournament. Suddenly everyone knew that I was the most expensive defender in the world, so people were following my performances. Every single game, that brings something extra for you.

The Dutch national team, we did quite okay. We wanted to get to the final but we made it to the semi-finals. That wasn’t bad – there were a lot of top quality players who wanted to get to the final.

For me, then it was on to United. Two or three days before we went on our pre-season tour of Norway, my wife gave birth to Lisa, our first child. I went on the tour and she stayed at home, of course, but after we’d got back home to Manchester, Fergie said to me: “Go and enjoy your family and join us in a few days.”

That was very helpful. To be honest, I found everybody very welcoming when I came over to Manchester. I was lucky that Jordi Cruyff was there as well – half Spanish, half Dutch – and he was able to introduce me to everybody. He showed me around as well, because he knew Manchester and also knew his way around the club; where to go, what to do, so that was a very good thing and that made things very easy for me to get adjusted.

All the other players were very welcoming as well. Very polite, helping me with everything that I needed to do. For a big club like United, the players weren’t only looking at themselves, you know, and that was one of the main strengths of the team. Take care of the squad. Take care of each other. Help each other. Work hard for each other. With the ability that we had, that would win you games.

It was very good for me, for my development, to train against the players who were at the club at that time. When you look at the strikers we had – Ole, Teddy, Coley, Yorkie – then you need to think quick, act quick in what you want to do against them in training, because these guys can make things very difficult for you in training.

It is a big test, but that’s why you want to go abroad. Sometimes when you’re playing in Holland and everything is going so easily in what you want to do, you want to make that next step, prove yourself in Europe, in a different league, at a bigger club. Of course, a lot of countries know PSV a little bit, but everybody in the world knows United.

Going over there, I was playing and training with the best players in the world as well, so I could measure yourself and what I could do. Eventually that’s what you want to do as a player: to show yourself to the world, to other very good players in the world. You want to show everybody in the world, basically, that you’re a good defender.

In the beginning, it’s quite hard. You need to have your time to get adjusted to everything in the UK. I’d gone from one country to another, quite young, starting a family, I needed to get used to the English mentality, the country, speaking English all the time rather than just occasionally. Totally different league, a lot more quality in the league, more physicality, the pace, the speed of the game is a lot higher, a lot more intense.

So it takes a few weeks, a month maybe, within the league to get adjusted to everything. I think that’s quite normal, especially if you come from the Dutch league because the level there – although it was ok at that time – was lower than the English league, so that gives you the opportunity to show yourself to everybody over there as well: what you can do, what you can bring, that you can be an asset to the club.

When I was lining up to make my United debut, it gave me such a great feeling. Wearing that shirt, looking around and looking at the other players on your team. There’s a lot of tension, you’re looking around, at the opposition and the quality that they have, but when you look back it’s a great experience. For a player to go over there and play against these teams, these players, it’s beautiful. Of course, it takes time to adjust to the game, the team, the opposition, but after a couple of weeks, maybe a month, everything settled down.

After that… well, everybody knows the story.

www.manutd.com
Old 08-09-2018, 06:14 AM   #53
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Semoga Stam cepat dapat pekerjaan baru

Jaap Stam close to new job after not working since Reading exit in March

After nearly two years at Reading, Jaap Stam left the Championship club in March, pushed out after a difficult run.

Reading were seriously struggling, falling to 20th in the Championship table and it’s no surprise a change was made, with the Dutchman shown the door.

It had all been so very different a few months earlier as Reading got to the play-off final after finishing third in the league.

Going to penalties against Huddersfield Town in the battle for Premier League promotion, Stam saw his team face heartbreak and then a subsequent slip down the table the following season.

Even now Reading are struggling with Paul Clement, bottom of the Championship table after no wins from the six league matches they’ve played so far.

Stam himself may be just about to move on to new things. Dutch newspaper AD reports on Thursday that FC Utrecht, who fired Jean-Paul de Jong on Tuesday, see the former Manchester United player as a ‘serious candidate’.

They want a manager with ‘a lot of character’ and it’s believed Stam could be that man.

http://sportwitness.co.uk
Old 28-01-2019, 05:55 AM   #54
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Stam: Book controversy a convenient excuse for Man Utd to sell me

The Dutchman enjoyed three fruitful years with the Red Devils before he found himself unexpectedly shipped off to Lazio.

Former Manchester United defender Jaap Stam says that the controversy surrounding the release of his book Head-to-Head gave the club a convenient excuse to move him on from Old Trafford.

The Dutchman enjoyed a prolific three-year stint under Sir Alex Ferguson at the Red Devils between 1998 and 2001, where he won three Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the Champions League.

However, he exited England for Lazio in the wake of media controversy that implied his manager had “tapped” him up and approached him without permission from then-club PSV Eindhoven when attempting to sign him.

Speaking to the Sky Sports Transfer Talk podcast, the 46-year-old, who is currently in charge of Eredivisie outfit PEC Zwolle, says that it simply presented an opportune moment to sell him following the arrival of several expensive stars.

“At the time they [United] used it,” Stam stated. “It was hard from out of the blue to say ‘okay we’re going to sell Jaap’ without any reason.

“It was quite convenient maybe that the book was there at that time. I think it is better to just be straightforward in how it is.”

The defender admitted that he did not expect to be shown the exit at the club, for whom he had recently signed a five-year deal, stating that the club felt they were on the way to invincibility.

“We kept on winning, we knew teams were getting afraid of us,” says Stam. "You have the feeling that you're becoming unbeatable.

“You don't think about leaving, basically.”

The big-money acquisitions of Ruud van Nistelrooy and Juan Sebastian Veron among others however saw a need to balance the financial books, with controversy associated with Head-to-Head ultimately paving the way for Stam’s exit.

The former AC Milan star stated that he did not expect the backlash and that he felt the media misrepresented what he described as an insight into life at United rather than an autobiography.

“I was completely shocked as to how it was put in the papers, because it was not how it was in the book,” he added.

“Fergie was very open, we just had a conversation and he expressed his feelings about me as a player basically.

“He told me not to worry about it, that he’d had the same with his own book.”

The damage was done with a serialisation in a leading newspaper while Stam was on international duty however and the club subsequently agreed to sell him to Lazio.

“Everyone at United knew how I was as a person, how I am as a person,” he said.

“I was never going to be on the bench for half a season and wait and wait for my opportunity again.

“I would have played eventually, I know that. But at the time, how everything went, the relationship was not how it was and I made my decision to move on.”

www.goal.com
Old 28-01-2019, 08:18 AM   #55
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Jaap Stam claims release of autobiography was used as excuse for Manchester United to get rid of him - after book implied Sir Alex Ferguson tapped him up from PSV

* Jaap Stam's book caused fallout and he was sold to Lazio in 2001-02 season
* Autobiography implied Sir Alex Ferguson tapped him up without permission
* But now former central defender reflects that was a convenient excuse for club

Jaap Stam's infamously acrimonious departure from Manchester United was not all it appeared according to the former central defender.

Stam was shipped out of Old Trafford after his controversial book 'Head to Head' suggested Sir Alex Ferguson had tapped him up without the permission of PSV.

It caused a huge furore at the time and the rock at the heart of United's defence was abruptly sold to Lazio in 2001.

Jaap Stam reflected that Mamchester United saw his book as an opportunity to sell him. The former central defender left Manchester United at the start of the 2001/02 season

But Stam believes that the fallout was overplayed in the media and subsequently used by the club to suit their own agenda.

'At the time they [United] used it,' Stam said on the Sky Sports Transfer Talk podcast. 'It was hard from out of the blue to say 'okay we're going to sell Jaap' without any reason.

'It was quite convenient maybe that the book was there at that time. I think it is better to just be straightforward in how it is.'

Another factor in Stam's argument is that United had made some big money signings that summer and were keen to balance the books.

Juan Sebastian Veron and Ruud van Nistelrooy joined that summer with both representing significant outlay for the club.

Ferguson has since admitted that letting Stam leave was a mistake and the Dutchman recalls how surprised he was when it became apparent that he should leave.

'I was completely shocked as to how it was put in the papers, because it was not how it was in the book,' he added.

'Fergie was very open, we just had a conversation and he expressed his feelings about me as a player basically.

'He told me not to worry about it, that he'd had the same with his own book.'

Since his retirement, the 46-year-old moved into management and took the helm at Zwolle last year after two seasons at Reading.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6637675/Jaap-Stam-claims-release-autobiography-used-excuse-Manchester-United-rid-him.html
Old 16-02-2019, 12:48 PM   #56
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Tim asuhan Stam, PEC Zwolle baru saja menyerah 0 - 1 dari ADO Den Haag pada lanjutan Eredivisie. Sebelumnya sejak ditunjuk sebagai manajer PEC Zwolle pada 28 Desember 2018, Stam berhasil mencatatkan tiga kali kemenangan dan satu kali hasil imbang. Sing sabar, Stam...

Old 10-03-2019, 10:07 PM   #57
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sebenarnya pengalaman Stam terbilang standar bahkan bisa dibilang tidak terlalu mengesankan. Sebuah keputusan berani bagi klub sebesar Feyenoord untuk merekrut Stam sebagai pelatihnya. Good luck, Stam

Jaap Stam set to replace Giovanni van Bronckhorst as Feyenoord boss in summer

Former Manchester United and Netherlands defender Jaap Stam will replace Giovanni van Bronckhorst as Feyenoord boss next season.

The 46-year-old is currently in charge of PEC Zwolle after being sacked by Championship side Reading last March.

Van Bronckhorst announced in January he would leave the club in the summer.

"I am grateful to PEC Zwolle for the fact that they understand my ambitions and quickly reached agreement with Feyenoord," said Stam.

Stam said he had "good, open talks" with Feyenoord's technical director Martin van Geel about "what's possible and what's not possible" at the club.

"I quickly realised that I wanted to go completely for this opportunity," he added.

"I would like to emphasise that this decision does not detract from my motivation, in order to do everything possible for PEC Zwolle in the coming period."

Stam has won all three of his games in charge of Zwolle since taking over the struggling Eredivisie side in December.

Feyenoord, who are 15-time Dutch champions, are currently third in the top flight behind two of Stam's former clubs, Ajax and leaders PSV Eindhoven.

Stam, part of Manchester United's treble winning side in 1999, also had spells with Lazio and AC Milan during his playing career.

www.bbc.com
Old 05-05-2019, 07:43 AM   #58
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Jaap Stam hits back at David Moyes over Manchester United criticism

Former Manchester United defender Jaap Stam has hit back at David Moyes for suggesting the club hasn’t improved since he was sacked in 2014.

The Scot appeared on TalkSport on Thursday and discussed the situation at Old Trafford after a turbulent campaign that has left them on the verge of missing out on Champions League qualification.

“I feel that since I took over to where they are just now, I don’t think there’s an awful lot of difference,” Moyes said.

Stam, who represented the Red Devils between 1998 and 2001, is now manager of PEC Zwolle in the Netherlands.

He believes Moyes was wrong to question the work of his successors and insists the Scot had his chance to succeed with the club.

“It’s always easy to talk about a club where if you leave and if the club has not had the success it wants to have, to say the club hasn’t reached anything and was still the same as it was,” the Dutchman told TalkSport.

“It’s up to a manager to play how he wants to play. If you are joining United, it’s the same probably for Moyes as well, if you are joining a club like that you have the opportunity to change everything within the club.

“To make choices in coaches, the academy and in players you will be bringing in to the club to play a certain way and you can do your thing and you can do your bit but if you are not succeeding you need to be a person who says I could change everything but I have not brought the success and have not done well.

“You don’t want to talk about other managers after you and then say what they’ve done and nothing else has changed.

“Even when Mourinho was there and now Ole is there – every manager at United gets the opportunity to build a team and every manager has the opportunity to spend a lot of money and bring in players.”

www.fourfourtwo.com
Old 21-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #59
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Berita Transfer Liverpool - Jaap Stam Anggap Liverpool Cocok Untuk Matthijs De Ligt
Anugerah Pamuji

Jaap Stam menilai Matthijs de Ligt bisa membentuk kolaborasi yahut dengan Virgil van Dijk di Liverpool. Jaap Stam, legenda Belanda, berpendapat, Liverpool bisa menjadi klub yang paling cocok untuk juniornya, Matthijs de Ligt.

Bintang muda Belanda ini terus mencuri perhatian sejumlah klub elite Eropa berkat penampilan memukaunya sepanjang musim ini.

Barcelona digadang-gadang favorit mengamankan tanda tangan pemain berusia 19 tahun tersebut. Stam tak menampik Barca, tapi juga melihat bahwa de Ligt bakal cocok jika bermain dengan Virgil van Dijk di lini belakang The Reds.

"Jadi aspek penting bahwa dia harus mendapatkan jam terbang lebih banyak. Jika Anda melihat di skuat Barcelona setelah kalah dari Liverpool [di semi-final Liga Champions], mungkin mereka ingin memperkuat skuatnya, terutama di lini pertahanan," ujar Stam kepada DAZN.

"Pertanyaannya adalah, bagaimana mereka akan menuntaskan problem satu itu? Saya kira, Matthijs de Ligt bisa menyesuaikan. Akan sangat menarik melihat bagaimana dia tampil menghadapi para pemain di liga yang levelnya lebih tinggi lagi, tidak hanya untuk beberapa pekan, tapi setiap pekan," urainya.

"Hal yang sama bagi Liverpool. Kami tahu, siapa aktor penting mereka di lini pertahanan, yakni kolega Belanda dia [Virgil van Dijk] atau pemain lain seperti [Dejan] Lovren, [Joel] Matip, yang banyak mengalami rotasi," jelas Stam.

www.goal.com
Old 27-05-2019, 09:28 AM   #60
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'He is a player that absolutely fits in here': Manchester United legend Jaap Stam insists Matthijs de Ligt would be perfect for Old Trafford

* Jaap Stam believes Matthijs de Ligt would fit in well at Manchester United
* The Ajax captain is currently the most in-demand teenager in world football
* United are reported to be ready to outbid any move made by Barcelona
* De Ligt has admitted he has still not made a decision on his future

Matthijs De Ligt says his future is up in the air and compatriot Jaap Stam believes the highly-rated Ajax defender would fit in well at Manchester United.

Having starred in the Dutch giants' run to the Champions League semi-finals, 19-year-old De Ligt has been attracting admiring glances from across Europe.

He has been strongly linked with a summer move to Barcelona, who have already signed midfielder Frenkie De Jong from the Amsterdam club.

United have also been mentioned as a possible destination but Press Association Sport understands the powers that be at Old Trafford expect Barca to tie up a deal for a player who gave little away on Sunday.

'Well, the Premier League is a big competition, Spain also,' De Ligt told ESPN FC. 'But you have other competitions, it's not (just) about those two. I still don't know anything about where my future is, so I see how it goes.'

De Ligt, who started against United in the Europa League final two years ago, has long been tracked by the Manchester giants, but the feeling around the club is he will be heading to the Nou Camp.

Jaap Stam believes Matthijs de Ligt would fit in well at Manchester United. The Dutch youngster in one of Europe's most in-demand players following a solid season. De Ligt is a rising star of the Holland team and already captains Ajax at just 19-years-old

It is understood United are keen to sign a centre-back this summer and 1999 treble hero Stam believes De Ligt would be a good fit for his former club.

'He's a great player,' Stam told Press Association Sport. 'He's only a youngster as everybody knows. But in how he plays, he's an adult, to be honest.

'He's got composure on the ball, he's aggressive tactically, he sees the game, he reads the game well and he's got that driving force for himself as well in what you need to achieve and where you want to go to.

'I think that's one of the most important thing for a player to have - to have goals for yourself, that you want to make steps, that you want to improve yourself, that you want to go the highest level.

'I think he would suit very well over here if they're trying to pick him up and I am not sure if that's the truth, of course, because a lot of things have been said and have been written as well.

'But he is a player that absolutely fits in here, but it is up to him as well.

'He's the type of player that a manager I think wants to work with.'

And it is not just central defence that Stam believes former team-mate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer needs to look at.

'Well, I think in every (position), like up front, in the midfield and in the back four, they can use some extra quality as well,' he said after playing for Manchester United Legends against Bayern Munich on the 20th anniversary of the treble.

'You want to have a squad that is competitive to each other as well because everyone needs to push each other basically to get the maximum in achieving something.

'So, I think as a manager and as a club as well you need to have a look at that and after the last couple of seasons and how it's been going over here, I think it's good to evaluate everything within the team.

'Looking at the players, what they've done and what they've achieved, and even when players still have a contract for another three or four seasons, you need to make your choices towards them as well and what you want to do with them.

'Because at the end of the day, it's the most important thing that you do well, that you achieve goals that you want to achieve and where you want to go to as a club.

'You have to make hard decisions.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7072981/Manchester-United-legend-Jaap-Stam-insists-Matthijs-Ligt-perfect-Old-Trafford.html
kmrn bilang de Ligt cocok buat Liverpool, trus skrg blg cocok buat United. harga gaji sih gak masalah, masalahnya de Ligt mau main di EL gak?

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 48
alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, Ardiey11, Aso Chrisjefta, bombom, cie_1, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, fajrinited, fey777, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Gustar_UIBontang, h-ANG, id4y, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, Juni HW, kingherooney, Mahesa_Jenar, NdeGue, oldark, ollacarla, paiman, penk22_, prahmono, Pure_red, red_girl_mia, reza willya, rio vander vidic, Riskur, ronald hars, RyanRezha, saksono, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, SR 7, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, zudomiriku