United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 30-04-2019, 11:26 PM   #121
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: John O'Shea

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2019, 11:33 PM   #122
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Bertepatan dengan ultahnya O'Shea akhirnya memutuskan pensiun. Terima kasih atas pengabdiannya di United beberapa tahun silam...

O'SHEA ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM FOOTBAL

John O'Shea has announced, on his 38th birthday, that he is to retire from professional football.

The former Republic of Ireland international, who amassed 118 caps for his country, is with Championship side Reading and was on the bench for our Emirates FA Cup tie against the Royals at Old Trafford in January.

Reading conclude their campaign with a home game against Birmingham City on Sunday.

O'Shea, a versatile defender, played in all positions for United, including in goal towards the end of a fine win at Tottenham in February 2007, when Edwin van der Sar was injured. He also appeared up front as an emergency striker on a few occasions, including one home game against his future club Reading. In total, he won five Premier League titles with the Reds after coming through the ranks.

He also helped the Reds win the FA Cup, two League Cups, four Community Shields and, in 2008, the Champions League and FIFA Club World Cup.

A loyal servant under Sir Alex Ferguson, he was allowed to link up with ex-Reds skipper Steve Bruce at Sunderland in 2011, and was a regular for seven seasons at the Stadium of Light before heading south to Reading last year.

'Sheasy' will be fondly remembered by all United fans for some magical moments during his illustrious career. A barnstorming performance at full-back against Newcastle United helped spawn the 'When Johnny goes marching down the wing' chant and who can forget his dramatic late winner at Anfield in 2007? The goal was a key one en route to winning another title and came in front of the Kop.

He also scored a majestic chip in a famous 4-2 win at rivals Arsenal in 2005, the winner in the home leg of the Champions League semi-final against the Gunners four years later, and managed to nutmeg Real Madrid star Luis Figo at Old Trafford in 2003.

Writing on Instagram, Sheasy said: “I feel very privileged to have had 21 years in the game but it is now time to officially announce my retirement from football this Sunday.

”I am grateful for all the people who believed in me and for all the opportunities along the way. I would like to sincerely thank all the managers, coaches, players and staff that I have worked with and also my family for their endless encouragement throughout my career.

“To the fans, a big thanks to you for the continued support. Now it's time to move onto the next chapter where I can hopefully give something back to others. It has been an honour.”

Everybody at the club would like to wish 'Sheasy' the very best in his retirement.

www.manutd.com
Old 03-05-2019, 11:37 PM   #123
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SMALLING GIVES FULL CREDIT TO SHEASY

Chris Smalling believes John O'Shea's professionalism, and the way he conducts himself off the pitch, helped him enjoy such a lengthy career in the game.

The Manchester United centre-back played alongside O'Shea 18 times before the ex-Republic of Ireland international moved to Sunderland in 2011, with the last occasion being the Champions League semi-final second-leg victory over Schalke.

'Sheasy' said he was calling time on his playing days this week as his current club Reading end their campaign this weekend against Birmingham City.

“He was one of the guys who really helped me when I came to United,” Smalling told us. “I was blessed to have Rio [Ferdinand], Vida [Nemanja Vidic], Sheasy and Jonny [Evans]. All experienced players when I came here.

”'Sheasy' was one of the nicest of them all. He could play in any position and was such a loyal servant here as well.

“The fact is how well he treated himself off the pitch as well. Full credit to him that he has only just retired now, at 38 wasn't it? Oh yes, on his birthday!

”So it's full credit to how he treats himself that he has been able to have such a great career and prolong it as long as he has.“

www.manutd.com
Old 23-07-2019, 10:35 AM   #124
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Former Manchester United and Sunderland defender John O'Shea joins Reading boss Jose Gomes' backroom staff as first-team coach

* John O'Shea has joined Reading's coaching staff after retiring as a player
* Former defender represented Manchester United and Sunderland in his career
* 'I'm excited to work alongside him,' Reading manager Jose Gomes said

John O'Shea has returned to Reading as a first-team coach.

O'Shea, who retired as a player after Reading's final game last season, will work alongside manager Jose Gomes and his backroom staff.

The Royals signed the former Manchester United and Republic of Ireland defender in the summer of 2018 after his contract at Sunderland had expired.

Former Manchester United defender John O'Shea has joined Reading's coaching staff

O'Shea had spent seven years at the Stadium of Light having arrived from Manchester United, where he started his career in 1999.

The 38-year-old made a combined total of 803 senior appearances in all competitions for club and country.

Reading manager Gomes told the club website: 'John is an intelligent, modest, positive, highly-respected individual who enjoyed a quite remarkable playing career.

'He competed at the very highest level and remained a model professional throughout - and he set a perfect example for our young players to follow last season.

'I am excited to work alongside him again, this time as a fellow coach and I'm delighted he has agreed to join us.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7272303/Football-news-John-OShea-joins-Reading-boss-Jose-Gomes-backroom-staff-team-coach.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 14
adesaktiTRK, Andi Istiabudi, arief rachman, Blacklist7, Deddy Hernandez, jonajoni, NdeGue, penk22_, Rean, rio vander vidic, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, zudomiriku