United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 28-01-2022, 08:33 AM   #81
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Donny van de Beek

Broken promises, sympathetic chants and touchline tantrums... how Donny van de Beek's dream £40m move to Manchester United quickly turned into a nightmare as Crystal Palace consider rescuing the forgotten Dutchman from Old Trafford

* Man United outcast Donny van de Beek could be joining Crystal Palace on loan
* His United career looks over just 17 months after sealing a £40m move from Ajax
* Ajax chief Edwin van der Sar urged his ex-club to 'take good care' of Van de Beek
* But he was quickly cast to one side by former United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
* After making just four league starts, the Dutchman's Red Devils dream is in ruins

When Donny van de Beek completed his £40million move to Old Trafford from Ajax, Edwin van der Sar took out a full-page advert in the Manchester Evening News with a message for his old club.

‘We understand it’s time for Donny to move on. To dream on,’ declared Van der Sar, a Champions League-winning goalkeeper with Manchester United in 2008 and now Ajax’s chief executive.

‘And where better to do so than in your theatre. Please take good care of our Donny and help him dream.’

Eighteen months on, his words have a hollow ring. Far from keeping Van de Beek’s dream alive, United have turned one of Europe’s most promising midfielders into little more than a curiosity.

Manchester United outcast Donny van de Beek could be set to join Crystal Palace on loan

This is a player who has started the criminally low number of four Premier League games in one and a half seasons, despite being available and willing to help his new club.

As the disillusioned Dutchman holds talks with Crystal Palace over a loan move in the next few days, it raises the question: why did United bother to buy him in the first place?

Remember, Van de Beek, 24, was a member of the much-vaunted Ajax team who reached the 2019 Champions League semi-final — a young man with the world at his feet who was coveted by Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and Arsenal.

Van der Sar’s influence made the deal a relatively easy one to complete for United mid-pandemic, although it meant they were unable to finance a move for Jack Grealish, the preferred target for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Van de Beek's United dream looks in ruins just 17 months after he completed a move from Ajax. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer initially failed to find room in his United side for the Dutchman. Solskjaer potentially brought him to Old Trafford in anticipation of Paul Pogba leaving. Solskjaer clearly struggled to find a position for Van de Beek in his Red Devils midfield

Did Solskjaer ever really want Van de Beek? Did United sign him in anticipation of Paul Pogba leaving in 2020? If not, where was he going to play?

These are questions we are no nearer to answering.

Not having a defined position has been Van de Beek’s undoing. Bruno Fernandes had the No 10 role nailed down and Solskjaer’s 4-2-3-1 system allowed only for two defensive midfielders.

United soon decided Van de Beek lacked the physical qualities for that role in the Premier League, despite working hard last summer to build up his body after the club refused to sanction a loan move to Everton.

Solskjaer offered him assurances over game time, but Van de Beek is one of a clutch of United players who feel let down by broken promises.

Anthony Martial has already left for Sevilla on loan — Van de Beek, Jesse Lingard, Dean Henderson and Eric Bailly would all gladly follow.

Van de Beek’s patience eventually snapped when he was caught on camera angrily hurling his chewing gum into the technical area while being consoled by Bailly and Henderson after Solskjaer left him on the bench in a Champions League tie in September.

When sympathetic United fans chanted his name in the Manchester derby the following month, it was the closest they came to turning on Solskjaer.

How ironic that Van de Beek scored the final goal of the Norwegian’s reign in the 4-1 defeat at Watford.

It is one of only two goals for United — the first coming on his debut against Crystal Palace — to go with two assists in a total of 50 games. Incredibly, 38 of those appearances have come off the bench, including 15 in the last 10 minutes.

It’s not as if he has been injured, either. Van de Beek had to wait two and half months to make his first Premier League start last season and only three more followed. There have been none this term.

Worryingly, he has been used equally sparingly by caretaker manager Michael Carrick and interim boss Ralf Rangnick since Solskjaer’s sacking.

The son-in-law of Dennis Bergkamp is said to have remained a professional and popular member of the squad, but it was inevitable that he would make another attempt to leave in this transfer window.

But he has also struggled for game time under Solskjaer's successor Ralf Rangnick

The World Cup is at the end of the year and he has not played for Holland for 10 months after missing out on the Euros.

Leaving United has been complicated by a dispute between his long-time agent Guido Albers and new representative Ali Dursun, but it looks as though Van de Beek will get his wish this time.

United insist he has a future at Old Trafford and there are two and a half years remaining on his contract. But no one is pretending Van de Beek’s dream has been fulfilled.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10449685/Manchester-United-Donny-van-Beek-transfer-proved-disaster-Crystal-Palace-eye-loan-deal.html
Old 31-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #82
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Semoga dalam waktu dekat segera diumumkan klub yang akan meminjam Donny van de Beek
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 08:55 AM   #83
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Donny van de Beek completes six-month loan move to Everton after nightmare spell at Manchester United, with the Toffees paying his £100,000 a week wages in full

* Donny van de Beek has completed his six-month Everton loan from Man United
* The Dutch midfielder struggled for minutes at Old Trafford before his move
* Van de Beek will not be allowed to join the Toffees permanently in the summer
* The 24-year-old hopes he can learn off Frank Lampard, appointed on Monday

Donny van de Beek has completed his loan move to Everton, thereby bringing his nightmare spell at Manchester United to a temporary end.

The Dutch midfielder struggled for game time at Old Trafford following his £40million transfer from Ajax last season - with the 24-year-old playing just 50 times in two years under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, then Ralf Rangnick.

But Van de Beek has now sealed a move to Goodison Park as the first Toffees signing announced after Frank Lampard's arrival on Merseyside as manager.

Van de Beek, who will wear the No 30 shirt for Everton this season, told the club's official website: 'I had a really positive meeting with the new coach (Lampard). We have the same ideas about football and he had a lot of influence on my decision.

Donny van de Beek has completed his six-month loan move to Everton from Man United. Van de Beek has joined the Toffees after struggling for minutes at Old Trafford

'I played against him when I was at Ajax, and he was at Chelsea [as manager], so he knows me as a player. He thinks I have qualities that can help the team.

'I can learn a lot from him because he was a little bit in the same position – a midfield player who scored a lot of goals. He can help me a lot, so I think I'm in a good spot.

'I want to improve with Everton. There are always things that can be better and I work hard every day to do that.'

The Dutch international midfielder will wear the No 30 shirt between now and the end of June

LaLiga outfit Valencia were also interested in a move for the former Ajax star before he chose a move to Merseyside. The 20-time English champions are set to receive a £500,000 loan fee, with Everton covering all of Van de Beek's £100,000-per-week wages.

But United have made it clear the loan is no gateway to a permanent Old Trafford exit, having rejected the Blues' proposal of an option-to-buy clause.

Instead, the Red Devils hope a few months away from Manchester can help revitalise the player they spent £40m on in the summer of 2020.

A deal between player and club could have been sorted six months ago, when a furious Van de Beek sacked his agent following the breakdown of a short-term Everton move in the summer.

The Dutchman has made just eight Premier League appearances - and 14 across all competitions - this season, scoring once, and will therefore hope to reignite his career at Goodison Park.

Everton hope that Van de Beek is not the only midfield arrival on Monday night after the Toffees agreed a deal in principle to sign Tottenham's Dele Alli.

Alli was set to join initially on a free transfer, with Everton having to pay £10million once he gets through a 20-game threshold.

However, while the Toffees are in the final stages of securing a permanent deal for Alli, Newcastle have reportedly made a late dash for the England international and want to take the forward on loan.

That news was reported just before 7pm on Monday night - after the mega-rich Magpies missed out on a move for United's Jesse Lingard.

Sportsmail revealed that United blocked Lingard’s attempts to leave Old Trafford on loan five hours before the transfer window closes – despite interim boss Ralf Rangnick giving it his blessing.

The Red Devils have been in talks with Newcastle over a deal until the end of the season, while West Ham were also bidding to take Lingard on loan again.

Newcastle made an offer of £3million up front with a further £4m if they avoid relegation, but it’s understood that United chairman Joel Glazer pulled the plug on a deal with the Premier League strugglers and their Saudi owners.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10461197/Donny-van-Beek-completes-six-month-loan-deal-Everton-Manchester-United-nightmare.html
Old 04-02-2022, 07:00 PM   #84
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Threadnya belum pindah ke thred On-Loan, hehe..
Old 04-02-2022, 07:03 PM   #85
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Interview pertamanya di Everton

Old 02-03-2022, 08:42 AM   #86
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Donny van de Beek takes a thinly-veiled swipe at Ralf Rangnick and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as he admits he wants to 'show that some people are wrong' during his loan spell with Everton after being frozen out at Manchester United

* Donny van de Beek has often struggled for game time for Manchester United
* The midfielder was allowed to join Everton on loan during the winter window
* He has since admitted he wants to 'show that some people are wrong' about him
* Ralf Rangnick and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer were reluctant to use former Ajax man

Everton midfielder Donny van de Beek has admitted that he wants to prove 'some people are wrong' during his loan spell, having struggled at Manchester United.

Van de Beek was unable to play regularly at Old Trafford after arriving from Ajax in the summer of 2020, and was allowed to leave temporarily to gain more minutes.

He was identified by boss Frank Lampard as a key target in the winter window and, after enjoying a good spell since penning his deal, is now keen to kick on.

His comments may even be interpreted as a swipe at Ralf Rangnick and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, both of whom were reluctant to play the silky Holland star.

Donny van de Beek has admitted he has to prove 'some people are wrong' for his Everton loan. Midfielder Van de Beek struggled for game time at Manchester United and was allowed to exit

Asked if he has a point to prove, Van de Beek told the club programme: 'Yes, but it is also for everyone around me.

'If I play well, I do it for them, for my girlfriend and for my family and friends.

'I want to give joy to those people. And to the fans. Then I want to do it for myself. Of course, sometimes I am disappointed and frustrated.

'But I always try to stay positive and believe there will be a day it will change.

'I can only change it with hard work, I want to show that some people are wrong and I still have the quality to play - I always aim to do this.'

Van de Beek has made four Premier League appearances for Everton this season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10564615/Donny-van-Beek-wants-people-wrong-Everton-loan.html
Old 12-04-2022, 10:02 AM   #87
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Finally some good news for Donny van de Beek! Exiled Manchester United star welcomes birth of his first child Lomee with girlfriend Estelle Bergkamp - daughter of Arsenal legend Dennis - with Jadon Sancho and Ian Wright leading well wishes

* Donny van de Beek has welcomed the birth of his first child Lomee
* Van de Beek is in a relationship with Estelle Bergkamp, daughter of Dennis
* Jadon Sancho and Ian Wright were among those to congratulate van de Beek

Donny van de Beek has become a father for the first time after his partner Estelle Bergkamp gave birth to a baby girl.

Van de Beek, who is on loan at Everton from Manchester United, has been in a relationship with Estelle, the daughter of Arsenal legend Dennis Bergkamp, since 2019.

The Holland international took to Instagram to post two pictures of his daughter Lomee.

Van de Beek wrote: 'Welcome to the world Lomee van de Beek - 09/04/2022 proud of you @estellebergkamp'.

United goalkeeper David de Gea commented with a heart emoji, while Jesse Lingard wrote: 'Congratulations donny'. Jadon Sancho wrote: 'Congratulations bro'. Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright posted eight heart emojis.

The 24-year-old met Estelle when he was playing for Ajax, with Dennis Bergkamp having previously played for and coached at the Dutch club.

Everton beat Manchester United 1-0 on Saturday but van de Beek was ineligible to feature due to his loan deal.

Donny van de Beek's partner Estelle Bergkamp has given birth to a baby girl named Lomee

Van de Beek started dating Estelle in 2019 and the couple have now welcomed a baby girl

Van de Beek earned a reputation as a promising young player at Ajax, with whom he won the Eredivisie and KNVB Cup in 2018-19 having previously reached the final of the Europa League in 2017, when the Dutch side lost to United.

In August 2020 van de Beek signed for United, but the move hasn't gone to plan so far as he often found himself on the periphery of proceedings, especially while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was in charge.

Having grown frustrated with his situation at Old Trafford, van de Beek joined Everton on loan at the end of January.

Van de Beek has featured more prominently for Everton, making six Premier League appearances so far, but he has been absent recently because of a thigh problem.

He will hope to finish the season strongly by helping Everton to avoid relegation, with there being uncertainty over his future beyond that as he is due to return to United in the summer.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10707791/Exiled-Manchester-United-star-Donny-van-Beek-welcomes-birth-child-Lomee.html
Old 14-07-2022, 09:28 AM   #88
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Holland star Donny van de Beek sets his sights on more minutes under Erik ten Hag and hopes that he can help Manchester United improve after the Red Devils recorded their lowest points tally EVER in 2021-22

* Donny van de Beek is hopeful of more minutes under Erik ten Hag next season
* The Manchester United midfielder went on loan to Everton in January last year
* Van de Beek joined United in 2020 but failed to impress Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
* He has played only 50 games for the Red Devils since joining for £35m from Ajax

Donny van de Beek is aiming to secure more game time under new boss Erik ten Hag at Manchester United next season, after returning from an unsuccessful loan spell at Everton.

The Holland international is hopeful of both the club's and his own prospects under ten Hag, and will be excited to reunite with a manager under whom he enjoyed some of the best football of his career to date.

The midfielder, 25, also made it clear he wants to help the club improve after a disastrous season under first Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and later Ralf Rangnick, as United registered their lowest ever points tally in the Premier League era.

Van de Beek told the club whilst on tour in Bangkok of his ambitions next season, saying: 'I think making as many minutes personally, as I can.

'I think we need to improve as a team. If you're looking at last season, we have a lot of things to improve and, if we work on that now, then we'll see where we end up.

'We will fight for everything.'

The 25-year-old was an ever present under ten Hag during his time at Ajax, and was a focal point of the Ajax side that stunned and entertained football fans across the world with their run to the Champions League semifinals in 2019.

But the Holland international was unable to recapture the form he showcased at the Dutch giants after a big money move to the Premier League and found himself slipping down the pecking order at United very quickly.

As a result he was sent out on loan to rivals Everton in January 2022 to get some minutes, but he suffered a succession of injuries and niggles which hampered his game time.

Donny van de Beek (right) has struggled to impress since joining Manchester United in 2020. The Netherlands international scored 32 goals in 110 under Erik ten Hag at Ajax. United's No 34 was a second half substitute in the 4-0 drubbing over Liverpool in Bangkok

He added: 'For my experience, I think [the Everton loan] was good. Obviously, I was a little bit unlucky with my injuries.

'I missed a lot of games but to have that experience… it was not an easy season for the team, because we played to avoid relegation, which is not what you want for a club like Everton, but, overall, it was a good experience to be there.'

Van de Beek now has the chance to reignite his career at Old Trafford under a manager who oversaw 32 goals and 29 assists in 110 games at Ajax as he became one of Europe's most wanted midfielders.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11010555/Donny-van-Beek-sets-sights-minutes-Erik-ten-Hag-help-Man-United-improve.html
Old 15-07-2022, 09:24 AM   #89
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag hints Donny van de Beek could play in an attacking midfield role as the Dutchman looks to revive his Manchester United career having struggled under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

* Donny van de Beek has seen his opportunities limited since joining Man United
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tended to play the Holland midfielders from the bench
* Loan spell at Everton during second half of last season was wrecked by injury
* He is now reunited with his former Ajax manager Erik ten Hag at Old Trafford
* And Ten Hag has suggested Van de Beek could rival Bruno Fernandes at No 10

Erik ten Hag has backed Donny van de Beek to turn his Manchester United career around by playing in a more advanced role because he 'smells' opportunities around goal.

Van de Beek has struggled since leaving Ajax - where he was a key part of Ten Hag's title-winning team - for United in a £40million deal two years ago.

The 25-year-old Dutchman spent the second half of last season on loan at Everton and could easily have left Old Trafford this summer had Ten Hag not taken over as manager.

But Van de Beek now has a second chance and Ten Hag believes he can take it if he plays further forward. One of the midfielder's biggest problems so far has been nailing down a recognised role in the team.

Donny van de Beek will be hoping for more opportunities at Manchester United next season. Erik ten Hag, who coached Van de Beek at Ajax, has hinted he could play attacking midfield

'Donny van de Beek's best position is his capabilities in the box of opponent,' said Ten Hag after United touched down in Australia for games against Melbourne Victory and Crystal Palace.

'Playing short behind a striker, he has a really good smell for being in the right position.

'I think Manchester United has a huge potential, and really good players. We have experienced players, but also a lot of young guys, young boys, who have a lot of potential. Now it's to get the potential out and therefore we have to work really hard.'

United won their first game on tour 4-0 against Liverpool in Bangkok with Jadon Sancho particularly impressive on the left, scoring the opening goal. However, Ten Hag wants to see his team threaten across the pitch.

Van de Beek thrived under Ten Hag at Ajax and will hope to gain lift off in his United career. Bruno Fernandes could face competition from Van de Beek for the attacking midfield role

'I was really happy to see we have a good left side,' he added. 'But we always have a threat on the right, as we did against Liverpool. That was good to see.

'You want to have weapons. When it is only on one side, it is predictable. We want to develop over two sides. It has to be on the right and the middle. We have to come from everywhere.'

Jurgen Klopp claimed that Liverpool struggled with United's man-marking system in Bangkok, but Ten Hag believes there is much more to the philosophy he wants to develop at United.

'I wouldn't say that we played man-marking,' he countered. 'On a certain moment we played man-marking and we want to press.

'We want to press all day, by that I mean proactive football. Sometimes we can we do that high, but if not possible then we have to read it as a team and we drop lower. But, still, we want to press, that has to be the intention all day.

'I want in every part of the of the team I want proactivity. That's the most important, that players take initiative - on the ball and off the ball, offence and defence.'

Ten Hag confirmed that captain Harry Maguire will play at least half of Friday's match against Melbourne Victory at the MCG after missing the Liverpool game with a tight hamstring.

He denied that Eric Bailly's impressive performance as a second-half substitute against Liverpool has given him a dilemma, with the Ivorian set to fall further down the pecking order of centre-backs if United sign Lisandro Martinez from Ajax.

'Eric Bailly's performance doesn't give me a headache,' he said. 'I am happy. There are a lot of games this season and also a World Cup.

'We need a full squad with a lot of competition between the players. We have to push ourselves on to a higher level.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11012629/Erik-ten-Hag-hints-Donny-van-Beek-play-No-10-Manchester-United.html
Old 30-09-2022, 09:39 AM   #90
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Donny van de Beek's Man United rift over Paul Pogba... as former agent admits his client wanted to leave last season after his French midfield rival 'turned up late for training' but STILL started ahead of him

* Donny van de Beek's former agent spoke out about his situation at Man United
* Guido Albers said his client was unfairly overlooked for midfielder Paul Pogba
* The agent claims Pogba turned up late for training and was still preferred to him
* Van de Beek has only played 19 minutes in the Premier League so far this season

Donny van de Beek looked for a transfer away from Manchester United after Paul Pogba continued to play ahead of him, claims his former agent.

The Dutch midfielder moved to Old Trafford from Ajax in summer 2020 in a deal which could reach £40million, but has never cemented a first-team spot and looks on the fringes of the side.

And his representative Guido Albers told Voetbal Primeur that Van de Beek became frustrated after Pogba - now at Juventus - turned up late to training but remained ahead of his client in the pecking order.

He said: 'I saw the disappointment about the way he was treated by Manchester United, and he saw up close what I did to turn the situation around. But from the day he was not allowed to leave Manchester United again, it was final.

'In the Netherlands, Donny got all the appreciation, performed well and was super popular with the fans. At Manchester United he then never played. The relationship between him and the club really cooled down badly.

'He had to compete against Paul Pogba, who reported late to the training camp, said sorry and was allowed to play again – in the place of a boy who was training 10 hours a day for eight weeks to show he was good enough.

Donny van de Beek sought a transfer away from Man United after Paul Pogba continued to play ahead of him under former Red Devils boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, claims his former agent. Pogba (centre) was preferred to the Dutch midfielder despite 'turning up late for training'. The 19-cap international, who will be hoping for regular game time to stake his claim for a place in Holland's World Cup squad, has only played 19 minutes of football so far this season

'I then had that disappointment thrown at me. I underestimated what not playing anymore did to him mentally. I should have looked earlier: how can I help him?'

Although the 25-year-old made 19 appearances in all competitions in his first season, 36 in all competitions, he was generally used as a bench option, and was farmed out to relegation-battling Everton on loan in January after often being overlooked again.

The 19-cap international, who will be hoping for regular game time to stake his claim for a place in Louis van Gaal's World Cup squad, has only played 19 minutes of football so far this campaign.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11262215/Donny-van-Beek-wanted-leave-Man-United-Paul-Pogba-late-played-ahead-him.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 6
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku