United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 14-12-2021, 09:33 AM   #61
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Edinson Roberto Cavani Gomez

Edinson Cavani 'nearing Manchester United exit' as his brother admits they will 'always listen' to offers from Brazilian sides with Corinthians interested in signing the striker

* Edinson Cavani's contract at Manchester United expires at the end of the season
* The 34-year-old has been linked with moves to South America and Barcelona
* His brother has indicated they would listen to offers from Brazilian sides

Edinson Cavani's brother has dropped a hint that the striker could be looking to leave Manchester United in the near future.

The 34-year-old has been linked with a move away from Old Trafford with his opportunities proving to be limited so far this season.

Barcelona have previously been linked with the veteran striker and now Brazilian side Corinthians are said to be keeping tabs over a potential move.

Cavani's brother, and agent, has reportedly stated that they will listen to any Brazilian team with a good project.

As per Globo Esporte, Walter Guglielmone said: 'We have to wait a bit (about a return to South America), we will see what possibilities exist.

'Obviously, if any team from Brazil comes up with a good project, we can always listen.

'I have an obligation to get Cavani all the options.'

Edinson Cavani's contract at Manchester United expires at the end of the current season. Cavani enjoyed a successful first season at Old Trafford scoring 17 goals in 39 appearances. Brazilian side Corinthians are reportedly keeping tabs on the 34-year-old United striker. Cavani has found game-time limited this season due to injuries and Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival

Cavani previously admitted he wants to return and play in South America after spending 14 years in Europe.

The striker made an impact in his first season at Old Trafford, scoring 17 goals in 39 appearances across all competitions.

His performances led to the club deciding to extend his contract by a further season.

The Uruguay international’s current contract is set to expire at the end of 2021/22, meaning an imminent exit could be on the cards, although new interim manager Ralf Rangnick may have alternative plans.

The striker has played just 274 minutes of action so far this season, due to a number of injuries as well as the club bringing Cristiano Ronaldo back to the club in the summer from Juventus.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10306727/Manchester-United-Edinson-Cavani-nearing-Old-Trafford-exit-Brazil-cards.html
Old 14-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #62
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Waduuh, Cavani mau keluar ya dari MU.
Minimal sampe akhir musim aja, lumayan tuh tenaganya (kalo ga cedera) masih dibutuhkan MU.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2021, 08:27 AM   #63
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Dimitar Berbatov believes Edinson Cavani has been treated UNFAIRLY by Manchester United after Cristiano Ronaldo's return... with the former Red Devils striker urging the Uruguayan to leave Old Trafford for Barcelona

* Edinson Cavani has played a minor role up front for Man United so far this season
* Sportsmail revealed that Cavani is unhappy at Old Trafford and could leave soon
* Barcelona are one of the clubs who have registered an interest in the forward
* Dimitar Berbatov claims Cavani has been treated unfairly by United this season
* The ex-United forward claims Cristiano Ronaldo's return has impacted Cavani

Dimitar Berbatov believes Edinson Cavani has been treated unfairly by Manchester United following the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford and has urged him to leave.

Injury problems and the £20million return of Ronaldo to the Red Devils have limited Cavani to just three starts this season, after becoming a key player at Old Trafford last season by scoring 17 goals in his debut campaign in England.

Sportsmail understands the 34-year-old Uruguayan forward is a target for Barcelona in the January transfer market, but that United want him to see out the remaining six months of his contract.

And Berbatov believes that the Uruguayan forward should be playing more at Old Trafford this season - something which he is more likely to get in Spain.

'Despite a good season last time out, Cavani hasn't played enough,' Berbatov told Betfair. 'When someone like Ronaldo comes into the club, he takes all the spotlight, he plays every game and in the world of football this happens.

'It's not a fair situation because Cavani did so well for the team last season, he earned a new deal but Ronaldo has taken his place in the team. It's not fair but this happens in football.

'If there's a chance for Cavani to leave the club, if there is an offer from Barcelona, then of course he will be thinking about taking it to get more football, and if he will get more game time in La Liga then I will support him and say "go there and play, it sounds like a great deal, great money and you're not 24 anymore."'

Dimitar Berbatov has urged Edinson Cavani to quit Manchester United for Barcelona. Injury problems and Cristiano Ronaldo's (left) return has limited Cavani (right) to three starts. Berbatov claims Cavani has been treated unfairly by United after scoring 17 goals last season

Cavani was linked with a move to Boca Juniors last summer but was convinced by ex-United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to pen a one-year extension in May this year.

The 34-year-old could now leave in January, six months after penning his new deal, with Argentine outlet TyC claiming he has rejected Boca Juniors and has his heart set on a move to Barcelona next month.

Meanwhile, Andre Cury - an agent involved in taking Neymar to Barcelona in 2013 - believes there is a situation which could see Cavani link up with Brazilian outfit Corinthians.

'He is unhappy at United. He's a guy I already know a little about his history because we almost brought him to Palmeiras the other time,' Cury told Torcedores.

'He's a guy who owns a farm in Uruguay and likes to be close to home, so in that sense there might be some possibility. Now, obviously if he has an offer from Barcelona, he won't come to Brazil.

'If he has no choice other than Barcelona or that level of a big club that plays in the Champions League, then I think there's a chance for the deal [with Corinthians] to happen, yes.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10340723/Dimitar-Berbatov-says-Edinson-Cavani-treated-UNFAIRLY-Man-United-Ronaldos-return.html
Old 03-01-2022, 09:30 AM   #64
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani will be blocked from leaving Manchester United in January, as manager Ralf Rangnick insists the striker 'has to STAY' as he remains too important to his attacking plans despite his lack of game time

* Edinson Cavani has been frustrated at his lack of Manchester United minutes
* But Ralf Rangnick insists he is a big fan of the forward and needs him at the club
* Rangnick admitted he had spoken to no other player more than Cavani so far
* Interim United boss is also keen to keep a bigger squad amid the Covid threat

Edinson Cavani must stay at Manchester United as interim boss Ralf Rangnick tries to limit the number of players who leave Old Trafford in this month’s transfer window.

Cavani is one of the United stars who have grown unsettled over the first half of the season, making just three starts.

The Uruguay striker agreed to sign on for a second year at Old Trafford before Cristiano Ronaldo made an unexpected return, and his opportunities have also been limited by a niggling tendon problem in his leg.

Edinson Cavani has been frustrated at his lack of first-team action for Manchester United. Since the return of Cristiano Ronaldo, Cavani has struggled for game time

It has led to speculation over Cavani’s future amid interest from clubs in Europe and South America, but Rangnick insists he will not let him leave this month.

The German has spoken to Cavani at length and said that he ‘desperately’ wants him to stay until the summer because he is the only genuine target man in the squad.

Rangnick started the 34-year-old alongside Ronaldo for only the second time this season in Thursday’s 3-1 win over Burnley and is likely to do so again when Wolves visit this evening.

‘Edi knows that I will definitely not let him go,’ said Rangnick. ‘He is a highly important player for the rest of the season. For me, it’s clear that Edi has to stay.

‘We’ve had quite a few conversations in the last couple of weeks. He is probably the player with whom I have spoken most.

‘I told him from the very first day that he is a highly important player. He is probably the only one who can play as a striker back to goal and face to goal. We are still playing in three competitions, so we will definitely need Edi. His professionalism and work ethic are amazing and I told him that I desperately want him to stay until the end of the season.

‘He knows how highly I rate him and respect him. That was also the reason why I played him from the beginning together with Cristiano (against Burnley).’

Anthony Martial, Dean Henderson, Donny van de Beek, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata and Phil Jones are keen to go out on loan this month. Rangnick admitted that Martial’s continued absence is due to the player’s desire to leave after United rejected an offer from Sevilla because it did not cover enough of his £200,000-a-week salary.

Rangnick added: ‘It has nothing to do with injuries. He made it very clear that he wants to leave and, in a way, I can understand his wish to play more regularly somewhere else.

But interim United boss Ralf Rangnick believes Cavani has a vital role to play at Old Trafford. As the only target man in the United team, Rangnick hopes to utilise the Uruguayan more

‘But, again, it’s also a question of which kind of clubs are interested in him and if they meet the demands of the club, so we have to wait and see.’

Van de Beek’s frustration has continued after he played just six minutes in four league games under the new manager, who is nevertheless keen for him to stay.

Rangnick said: ‘I had a longer conversation with him last week about that. Of course, it’s difficult for him right now because he also wants to play for the Dutch national team. He wants to play in the World Cup, and to do that he needs to get game time here.

‘But I still believe that we should keep him, that he should stay here, definitely until the end of this season and try to get as much game time as he possibly can.'

Mata and Jones may be allowed to leave this month but Rangnick wants three goalkeepers, so Henderson is set to stay.

Lingard will have to wait until he is a free agent in the summer when Cavani and Paul Pogba will also be out of contract. ‘I know from some players that they would want to leave,’ said Rangnick.

‘Our squad is maybe a bit too big but we still have Covid and three competitions. We could do with a bigger squad than maybe in times without Covid.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10362363/Manchester-United-Edinson-Cavani-blocked-leaving-January-Ralf-Rangnick.html
Old 10-01-2022, 09:08 AM   #65
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ralf Rangnick says Edinson Cavani wants to stay at Manchester United and help turn the season around... but insists he did NOT tell the Uruguayan he couldn't leave

* Ralf Rangnick said Edinson Cavani will remain at Old Trafford until the summer
* Uruguayan was rumoured to be looking for a move away in January window
* Veteran striker has endured a frustrating season because of injury problems
* Barcelona and Juventus were reportedly keeping tabs on 34-year-old
* Cavani has two goals in eight Premier League appearances this season

Edinson Cavani has told Ralf Rangnick that he wants to stay at Manchester United and help improve the team's fortunes.

The 34-year-old joined the Old Trafford giants in October 2020 and was strongly tipped to leave after just one season, only to agree to stay for a further campaign.

There was more speculation about his future heading into the January transfer window but Rangnick told Cavani that he had no intention of letting him leave as Barcelona reportedly eyed a move.

Asked if he had told any players they can leave this month following last week's comments about the veteran striker and Donny Van De Beek, the interim United boss said: 'No, but I also didn't tell Edi that he cannot leave.

'I told him that if it was up to me I would want him to stay and I had a conversation with him [on Thursday].

'He came to my office and we spoke for almost half an hour and he told me that he will definitely stay, he will want to stay until the end of the season.

'Not only because I told him that he should stay or has to stay, but he did it on his own behalf.

Edinson Cavani has agreed to remain at Manchester United at least until the end of the season. United's interim manager Ralf Rangnick has made clear Cavani won't be leaving this month. Cavani finished his first season at Old Trafford with 10 goals in all competitions

'He told me that I can rely on him to stay until the end of the season and give his very best, be a role model for the young players.

'If he should play from the start, he's available and he's happy to play.

'Even if he's not playing, he will be trying to be the best possible role model for the other players.

'This is, for me, good news because Edi is one of those players with his vast amount of experience, his mentality, his work ethic, who could really be a perfect role model for all the other players.'

United need all the knowhow and quality they can get as they look to end what is now a five-year wait for a trophy.

Their Premier League title hopes have long since evaporated and Rangnick's side welcome Aston Villa on Monday in the final FA Cup fixture of the third round.

'I've always been a big fan, supporter and admirer of the FA Cup,' the 63-year-old said.

'I remember back in 1980 or 1981 when I spent my year abroad in Brighton I watched the FA Cup final at Wembley.

'It was West Ham against Arsenal, it was my farewell present from my team-mates at Southwick.

'I've always been a big admirer of the atmosphere, that was obviously the old Wembley stadium.

'For me it's a very important competition. We will definitely try to play with our best possible team in that game and a strong team.

'We take the game as seriously as we can and hopefully get one round further ahead but in order to do that we have to be successful against Aston Villa.

'We know it will not be an easy game because especially since they change managers they have been doing well.

'They won four games and lost four games, three of them against the top team. It needs a top performance from us to be successful.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10384937/Ralf-Rangnick-reveals-Edinson-Cavani-wants-stay-Manchester-United.html
Old 06-05-2022, 04:13 PM   #66
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani insists he would have left Man United last summer if he had known Cristiano Ronaldo would be re-joining - as departing striker says he would've asked his agent for a move

* Edinson Cavani will be leaving Manchester United at the end of this season
* However, the Uruguayan says he would've left the Red Devils last summer
* He cites the re-signing of Cristiano Ronaldo as the reason why he feels like that

Edinson Cavani has revealed he would not have stayed at Manchester United if he had known Cristiano Ronaldo was returning to the club.

Cavani turned down a move to Boca Juniors last summer to spend a second season at Old Trafford, but was shocked to see United re-sign Ronaldo from Juventus on deadline day.

The Portugal star was installed as United's main striker ahead of Cavani - even taking the Uruguayan's No 7 shirt - and has been the club's top scorer by some distance with 24 goals so far this season.

Cavani, on the other hand, has suffered a disappointing campaign in which he has made just seven starts and scored twice.

Edinson Cavani will wave goodbye to his spell at Manchester United at the end of the season. He says he wouldn't have done another year at United if he knew Cristiano Ronaldo was joining. Cavani has made just seven starts and scored twice in an injury-plagued season at Old Trafford

The 35-year-old has struggled with a succession of injuries and returned to action for United's final home game against Brentford on Monday just in time for an Old Trafford farewell before leaving as a free agent this summer.

The former Paris Saint-German striker admitted that he would have turned down United's offer if he had known about Ronaldo's return because he could see how the season was going to unfold.

Speaking to ESPN Brazil, Cavani said: 'At the moment it happened, I thought it was good that Manchester signed Cristiano.

'Knowing a little about the world of football today, the first thing I did was call my brother and say, "Fernando, if this had happened a week ago, I would have asked you to sign with another club".

'It was more about understanding the situation. There are a lot of things in football today that are different from how they were with other coaches, how it was before, years ago.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10787907/Manchester-United-Edinson-Cavani-wouldve-left-summer-known-Cristiano-Ronaldo-joining.html
Old 27-05-2022, 12:57 PM   #67
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Paul Scholes brands Edinson Cavani a 'DISGRACE' after he 'hardly ever played' for Manchester United this season with the Uruguayan on his way out of Old Trafford... and claims under-par Raphael Varane 'got away with it'

* Edinson Cavani is set to leave Old Trafford as his contract expires this summer
* The Uruguayan forward penned a one-year extension at the end of last season
* But he has endured a woeful final season, scoring just twice in all competitions
* Raphael Varane 'disappointed' Paul Scholes in his first campaign with the club

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes has slated Edinson Cavani and labelled the forward's final season at Old Trafford a 'disgrace'.

The Uruguayan penned a one-year extension last summer but is set to leave the club at the end of this season on a free transfer now his deal has run down.

Cavani has endured a woeful season, making only 15 Premier League appearances - with just seven coming as starts - and only found the net twice in all competitions.

Overshadowed by the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo, Cavani almost left the club midway through the season but was persuaded to stay by Ralf Rangnick, only to go on and withdraw from certain games.

Scholes was left unimpressed by Cavani avoidance of matches, branding him a disgrace.

He told Premier League Productions: 'Cavani I think was a disgrace this year, he hardly ever played. He pulled out of the Middlesbrough game because he had to travel back from wherever he was.

Manchester United legend Paul Scholes (left) branded Edinson Cavani (right) a 'disgrace'. The Uruguayan forward was overshadowed by the arrival of Cristiano Ronaldo last summer

'Funnily enough, since that Middlesbrough game I think I heard last night United have won only five out of 18 games or something since then.

'It's been embarrassing, this manager [Erik ten Hag] now needs backing. Who's going to help him do that? The club upstairs is still a bit of a mess, we don't really know.'

Cavani played his last game for United during their 1-0 defeat to Crystal Palace on the final day of the top-flight season as they scraped a disappointing sixth-place finish.

He was clearly unhappy with the result as he reacted to some fans taunting him by sticking his middle finger up at them as he made his way onto the team bus following the game.

Ronaldo was one of three arrivals last summer, alongside Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane, and was heavily relied on for goals, finishing the season as the Red Devils' top scorer.

Cavani made only 15 Premier League appearances - with just seven coming as starts this term

Scholes believed the signing of Varane would also have a positive impact on United's campaign but the defender appears to have fallen flat.

The former midfielder revealed he was disappointed with the Frenchman's first season at Old Trafford.

He claimed: 'Do you know what, we go back to last year as well we thought Ronaldo's coming in, Varane is coming in. You are thinking, "yeah, here we go".

'Varane's been disappointing. I think he's got away with it a little bit. A lot of injuries, hardly played a game.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10856887/Man-United-Paul-Scholes-brands-Edinson-Cavani-DISGRACE-hardly-played-term.html
Old 27-05-2022, 10:04 PM   #68
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

CAVANI PAYS TRIBUTE TO UNITED SUPPORTERS

As Edinson Cavani leaves Manchester United, the Uruguayan centre-forward has outlined his immense gratitude to the club’s fans for the support they have shown him throughout his two-year spell here.

Cavani signed for United in a deadline day transfer in October 2020, and made a notable impact in his debut season. Particular highlights included his two goals and assist as a substitute at Southampton, four goals in the UEFA Europa League semi-finals against AS Roma and a breathtaking lob against Fulham on the day when fans first returned to Old Trafford after lockdown.

This season, a series of injuries have prevented the no.21 - who wore no.7 in his first campaign - from developing any kind of rhythm or making any sustained run of appearances. While that fact is something Cavani rues, the 35-year-old wanted to thank fans for how, even when stadiums were closed, they made clear their support.

“I sincerely have nothing but words of gratitude towards the fans and supporters of Manchester United,” Cavani said, reflecting in an interview with club media.

“Honestly, they have shown me a lot of respect from the very first moment I arrived. I think they’ve greatly recognised all the hard work I’ve always tried to put in in the best way possible, giving my best for this team.

“I really am very grateful, and I’ll be leaving here with a happy memory of that affection they showed me and always displayed.”

While Cavani’s sweet strike over the head of Fulham goalkeeper Alphonse Areola in May 2021 was greeted with an Old Trafford cheer, the vast majority of his goals were in front of empty stadiums.

The fact he could not replicate such great form this season, with the return of fans, is something the Uruguayan regrets.

“I wanted to contribute more this season,” he explained.

“One of the things that has left me with a slightly bitter taste is that when we had a highly enjoyable and pretty decent [2020/21] season, we weren’t able to have the supporters along with us.

“And now, this season, with the fans coming back into the grounds and stadiums, I haven’t really been able to have the kind of campaign, if I’m being honest, on a personal front that I would really have liked. Where I would have been able to score the kind of goals I did last season, and then be celebrating them a bit more with the fans - the kind of stuff that it’s great for a forward or a striker to be doing.

“But I want to sincerely thank the fans from the bottom of my heart, because they have always shown me a lot of affection, and that is very important for a footballer.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2022, 09:36 AM   #69
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Former Manchester United star Edinson Cavani 'in talks with Serie A club Monza' as the Uruguay star could make a surprise transfer having previously 'sought a move to Spain'

* Edinson Cavani left Manchester United this summer after a poor season
* The 35-year-old striker had previously been linked with a move to La Liga
* He is now in talks over a move to Serie A, where he already has 100 career goals

Edinson Cavani could complete a shock 'return to Italian football' after previously eyeing a 'move to Spain.'

The Uruguayan forward left Manchester United this summer after struggling to nail down a place last season. He scored just two goals in 15 games for the Red Devils last season.

He still knows how to find the net though and has picked up five goals in seven games for his national side this year.

According to reports in Sky Sports Italia, Monza director Adriano Galliani is 'interested in signing Cavani given his vast experience', and has entered talks with the player's representatives.

Having just been promoted from Serie B, the Italian club are lacking in top-level experience and would benefit enormously from a man with over 100 Serie A goals for Napoli and Palermo.

There is also interest in Cavani from fellow Italian minnows Salernitana, who finished 17th in the league last season.

Edinson Cavani left Manchester United this summer after two mixed years with the club. Cavani has an excellent record in Serie A, with 112 goals in 113 games for Napoli and Palermo

Speaking to Corriere, the club's president said he would love 'love to sign Cavani' and that he would be a 'wonderful gift to the city.'

This interest from Italy has come in spite of previous reports in Mundo Deportivo that the striker was looking to move to Spain.

At 35, Cavani may be headed for a last hurrah in the league where he made his name, and a goal scorer of his quality could prove decisive in a Serie A relegation scrap.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11010433/Edinson-Cavani-talks-Monza-despite-having-previously-seeked-Spain.html
Old 21-07-2022, 09:41 AM   #70
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Edinson Cavani is in talks to join Villarreal on a free transfer... as the ex-Manchester United forward plots his next move after departing Old Trafford last month

* Edinson Cavani is currently a free agent after leaving Manchester United
* The 35-year-old is looking for his next club ahead of the new season starting
* He is in talks with Villarreal over a potential move to the Spanish club

Former Manchester United striker Edinson Cavani is in talks to join LaLiga side Villarreal.

The 35-year-old ended his two-year stay at Old Trafford last month when his contract expired, and he is now looking for a new club.

Cavani has played for some of the biggest teams in Europe, including United, PSG and Napoli, but he is yet to try his luck in Spain.

However, that could be about to change as he has been in contact with Villarreal, who made the semi-finals of the Champions League and finished seventh in Spain's top-flight last term under manager Unai Emery.

Edinson Cavani is looking for a new club after being released by Manchester United. Cavani fell behind Cristiano Ronaldo in the pecking order at Old Trafford last term. Cavani could be set to join former Arsenal manager Unai Emery at Villarreal

The Uruguayan had a miserable final season at United, featuring in just 15 league matches, and scoring only twice.

He found himself behind Cristiano Ronaldo in the pecking order, while his fitness was also a major concern in the second half of the campaign.

He remains a classy operator, though, having scored 200 goals in his seven years at PSG, while he also netted over 100 goals for Napoli.

With the World Cup just four months away, Cavani will want to be playing regularly in the build-up to what could be his final major tournament for his country.

The forward may feel that he can get consistent game time at Villarreal, and he would not be the first experienced former Premier League player to join the club if he completes his move.

Villarreal recently signed ex-Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina after he was released by Lazio, and they could be set to take advantage of the free agent market once again by landing Cavani.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11029945/Edinson-Cavani-holds-talks-Villarreal-potential-move.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 7
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, h-ANG, rio vander vidic, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku