United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 04-05-2018, 09:21 AM   #81
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dwight Yorke

Manchester United would win the title with Pep Guardiola as their manager, says former striker Dwight Yorke

* Dwight Yorke criticises Manchester United's style of play under Jose Mourinho
* Yorke believes United would have won the title if Pep Guardiola was in charge
* The ex-Red Devils striker feels Mourinho isn't being true to the club's traditions

Dwight Yorke has launched a stinging attack on Manchester United's style of play under Jose Mourinho and claimed they would win the title with Pep Guardiola.

Mourinho insisted before Friday's trip to Brighton that he had no problem with David de Gea being United's Player of the Year for the fourth time in five seasons - despite admitting last year that 'something is wrong' if the goalkeeper gets the award.

But Yorke, a key member of the swashbuckling Treble winners of 1999 who now works as a United ambassador, compared Mourinho unfavourably to Manchester City boss Guardiola and claimed the Portuguese is not being true to the club's attacking traditions.

Dwight Yorke has criticiseed Manchester United's style of play under Jose Mourinho. The former Red Devils striker feels Mourinho isn't be true to the club's attacking traditions. Yorke believes United would have won the Premier League title if Pep Guardiola was in charge

'Look on the blue half of Manchester,' said Yorke. 'Don't tell me those players are so far superior to the players we have. We've got a very strong attacking line-up.

'The difference is they've got a manager who thinks positive and plays attacking football. We have a manager who wants to win 1-0 and be defensive.'

Asked by Dubai Eye radio station if United would win the league and score 100 goals like City with Guardiola in charge, Yorke said: 'I think they would definitely win the league, because he's on the front foot. He's playing attacking football.'

United striker Romelu Lukaku will miss Friday night's game as he receives treatment on an ankle injury, but he is expected to be fit for the FA Cup final against Chelsea on May 19.

Meanwhile, Mourinho remains hopeful that Marouane Fellaini will sign a new contract.

'I'm still positive,' he said.

'The offer he has now on the table is a better offer than he had six or eight months ago. It's a process. But if he leaves, so be it.'

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5688821/Manchester-United-win-title-Pep-Guardiola-manager-says-Dwight-Yorke.html
dulu saya juga berharap Pep melatih United pas opa Fergie pensiun, eh taunya habis dari Munchen nyebrang ke City. mungkin dimasa depan masih berharap Pep bisa melatih United 3-4 musim
Old 21-08-2018, 06:47 AM   #82
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Seperti baru kemarin padahal sudah 20 tahun lalu...

As the transfer deadline loomed in the summer of 1998, Manchester United were running out of time to land another striker. Alex Ferguson, the knighthood would follow a year later, already had Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on his books. But he wanted another type of centre-forward.

Patrick Kluivert was viewed as the top target for the Reds. The Dutchman had only been with AC Milan for a season but word was out he was on the market. Instead, he was reunited with a certain Louis van Gaal, his former Ajax boss, at Barcelona in a deal worth around £8.75 million. As ever, there was speculation that one of the aforementioned United forwards could be a makeweight in any bid for a new man.

”I do not want any cast-offs at this club,” retaliated Aston Villa boss John Gregory, when Dwight Yorke was earmarked by Ferguson. “If players are not good enough for Manchester United, then they are not good enough for Villa.” Indeed, Gregory had no intention of allowing the Trinidad & Tobago international to leave. Famously, his response to being told by his star man that he wanted to go was: “If I had a gun, I would have shot him.”

The comment made for back-page headlines and Villa were playing hardball. With good reason as Yorke was tied to a long-term contract – I remember speaking to him the day he signed it when working at ClubCall. It was in the days of car phones and it wasn’t easy to pin him down but, when I did, he seemed relaxed and chilled - just as he has been every time I've been lucky enough to work with him here at United.

So an impasse was reached, even if Yorke was desperate to join United. Pierre van Hooijdonk had caused controversy by effectively going on strike at Nottingham Forest as he agitated for a transfer but the Villa man was not keen to follow suit.

“It is very flattering when a club of United’s stature come out publicly and say they want you,” he stressed. “That doesn’t usually happen. I firmly believe it would be the right move for me and, maybe if I had taken the same approach as van Hooijdonk has with Forest, then I would have made it happen already. But that is not my style and it won’t ever be. I would have liked to have joined United in the summer. Chances like this only come along once and I had asked the boss and the Villa board for their understanding.”

He started the season with Villa, playing against Everton, and time was running out to conclude a deal. It would take a record fee of £12.6 million to convince the Midlanders to do business and many observers at the time felt it was a case of overpaying for somebody unproven at the top level in Europe. But Yorke had shown his potential and had the X-factor Ferguson was looking for. A bubbly character who would lift any dressing room, his work at Villa Park had not gone unnoticed.

I recall one live TV match against Newcastle United, when he scored a hat-trick in a 4-3 defeat, that showcased his striking ability and also a cheeky Panenka penalty past David Seaman, of all people. To put this moment of impudence into perspective, it sealed European football for his club at the end of the 1997/98 campaign and took some confidence.

A vital piece in the jigsaw had arrived at Old Trafford and would go on to enjoy the most amazing of debut seasons. And maybe that is why Dwight Yorke was the perfect fit for Ferguson’s Manchester United.

He always played with a smile on his face and did not seem affected by nerves or any pressure considering the price-tag on his head. With Cole, Sheringham and Solskjaer already at the club, he would have backed himself to get into the team and start repaying that fee.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 06:45 AM   #83
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Paling tidak Yorke masih berstatus sebagai salah satu club ambassador United, lumayanlah ada pemasukan dari bertemu fans United di berbagai negara

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke faces bankruptcy days after ex-lover Katie Price was in court after blowing £45million fortune

The ex-Aston Villa and Manchester United player is the subject of an insolvency hearing just two weeks after his former lover avoided bankruptcy

KATIE Price has just managed to avoid being declared bankrupt after blowing an estimated £45million.

And she’s not alone, as the father of her oldest son Harvey, former Aston Villa and Manchester United player Dwight Yorke is also facing a financial battle.

I can reveal he is the subject of an insolvency hearing today in London.

It comes just two weeks after his former lover was subjected to the same embarrassing ordeal, when she was given to the end of October to come up with a plan to pay her debts.

The footballer’s hearing will take place at the Rolls Building court complex, which handles voluntary bankruptcy applications and creditors’ demands.

A source said: “Katie and Dwight may be more similar than they think they are, what with them both blowing their fortunes.

It comes two weeks after his former lover Katie Price avoided her own bankruptcy

Dwight is the father of Katie Price's son Harvey, who suffers from Prader-Willi syndrome

'When you think of how successful Dwight was as a player, it is really quite difficult to believe it has come to this', a source said

“Dwight’s been desperately trying to get his finances back on track over the past year as his company’s assets dwindled to just £2.

Dwight Yorke is selling the home he shared with ex Katie Price

Katie and Dwight split in 2001 before Harvey's birth in 2002

maintain figure
“He even sold the Cheshire mansion he used to share with Katie. He got £2.25million last year but that clearly hasn’t helped.

“When you think of how successful Dwight was as a player, it is really quite difficult to believe it has come to this.”

It’s not the first time Dwight has faced bankruptcy. Last year a petition against him was dropped when it emerged that the amount he owed had fallen below £5,000.

www.thesun.co.uk
Old 06-10-2018, 12:29 AM   #84
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Dwight Yorke makes passionate Aston Villa plea: "I can go there, play good football and get them promoted"

EXCLUSIVE: The former Villa striker has a "burning ambition" to lead the Villans back into the Premier League, but isn't sure English football is doing enough for black coaches

Dwight Yorke has made a passionate plea to get the Aston Villa job - and this time he is hoping to at least get a reply.

Yorke was blanked last time he applied as he fears black managers are simply not getting the same opportunities as the likes of fledgling bosses Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard and even Gareth Southgate.

Villa legend Yorke put in his CV to the club on Thursday and believes he has the experience, coaching qualifications and even backing from Sir Alex Ferguson to get them back into the Premier League.

Yorke said: “I know I can go in there, play good football and get them promoted. When I see Villa struggling, I want to help. People associate me with Man United but Villa is where it all started for me.

“I’ve got a burning ambition, so much belief and commitment. I’ve got a connection with the fans and surely having that rapport will give you a massive advantage.

“I’ve seen the club suffer the disappointments, the heartache and the pain. There’s been too many changes, too many wrong appointments for me to turn my back on it.

“We have to make sure Villa gets back where it belongs. It’s a great club. The whole place, the fans, everyone, needs something different, a fresh start and I feel I can give that excitement at the club.

“I’ve got a recommendation from Sir Alex. I’ve got his backing and he says that if I need his support then he’s on the end of the phone. He wouldn’t say that unless he believed I could do the job.

“I’m sitting in Dubai, if you could see the view from my apartment then you’d think I was nuts, but I’d love to get into management. I wouldn’t go anywhere near it unless I thought I could do the job.

“Villa, to me, seem like they need something new. I sent my CV in, but I’m not sure if it’ll be read or looked at.”

Yorke applied for the job at Villa before ex-Manchester United team mate Steve Bruce got it last time and, incredibly, they did not even reply let alone give him an interview.

Former Villa striker Yorke won the Treble with Manchester United , was part of Fergie’s greatest success story and yet other former players are given their chance while he has been overlooked apart from one brief stint as assistant manager of Trinidad and Tobago.

Yorke is convinced that English football is still not giving black coaches a fair chance when it comes to management considering Gerrard got Rangers, Lampard’s first job was at Derby and ex-Villa team mate Southgate began at Middlesbrough before getting his coaching badges.

Yorke said: “I applied for the job before Brucie, didn’t even get a response let alone an interview. Having played there for ten years and I felt I knew how I could do the job.

“Before Brucie got the job, I went for it, I made it public I was interested but as soon as he got it I backed off as I’ve got respect for him as a man and a manager. But I had been upset by Remi Garde, Tim Sherwood, McLeish and none of them seemed suited to the job.

“These guys have been given the opportunity with very little knowledge or experience of the situation.

“But I keep coming up short, people think I’m still young but I’ve been round the block and I’m bloody 47! Other people get chances and something is not right. I speak to others in the game and it’s clearly not right.

“I don’t want to go down that road but it’s evident that there’s a barrier and people don’t speak out enough.

“The more I talk to people, I came across Sol Campbell in the last week or so, and he was interviewed for Oxford and Grimsby, with his profile you think they’d snap him up but at least he got an interview.

“Because of the kind of relationship I had with the fans, I know what it takes. Lampard got a job, Gerrard got a job. What have they done more than me?

“At least if I got an interview, then I’d get some feedback. But nothing. Then the same names keep on cropping up. We come a time as players when we have to retire.

“I feel there should be something similar for managers because you get the same old names coming round again and no young managers coming through.

“I’ve got the qualifications. I’ve spoken to Gareth Southgate, I played with him at Villa, and he went into management without qualifications. He didn’t have anything. Roy Keane the same. I have nothing against Gareth at all, but at least they took a chance with him.

“Andy Cole refused to do his badges because he says to me: ‘Dwight, you ain’t getting nowhere.’

“I don’t like to say it but there’s a truth about it. Ask me why I wouldn’t get an interview for Villa? I’m looking at Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Joey Barton and Lee Bowyer. Then when it comes to me I keep being told: ‘Dwight, you need more experience.’

“What’s the point in the Rooney Rule? I’m sure it should be implemented. What I find mind boggling is the percentage of black or mixed race players and I speak to so many guys trying to get coaching jobs and they can’t get those, let alone managerial jobs.

“I expected to hear back from them last time but it didn’t happen. But this is why I’m speaking out again to hopefully make the hierarchy listen and at least give me the courtesy so they can hear me out. Things happen for a reason and I hope this might be the time.

“If they don’t think I’m suited to the job or the right man, then I can accept that if I get an explanation and also some feedback to work from. I can accept that. But not to hear back from them again would leave me thinking all sorts.”

www.mirror.co.uk
Old 28-03-2019, 12:25 AM   #85
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Dwight Yorke wants points deductions over racist incidents

Former Manchester United striker Dwight Yorke says tougher action is needed against perpetrators of racism.

Yorke wants to see racism eradicated from the sport and thinks points deductions and bans rather than fines are the way to tackle the problem.

England players were subjected to racist abuse during the 5-1 win in Montenegro on Monday and UEFA has opened disciplinary proceedings.

Yorke, who starred for Aston Villa and United in the Premier League, does not think financial sanctions go far enough in such cases.

"I think a fine is not good enough," said Yorke. "I think we have made progress over the years where racism is concerned, but it's certainly been coming back into the game.

"It's something that we need to eradicate from our sport, and the only way you can do that is making very difficult decisions.

"Money is not an issue, we need to have points deductions, you know, getting these [racist] guys banned from games.

"I think the people who are in charge have to really make some very, very tough decisions, and we've seen fines are just not enough."

Meanwhile, Yorke has been enjoying his former club Manchester United's impressive revival in recent months and agrees that caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer deserves plenty of credit.

"He's done a remarkable job, a job that we're all very proud of," said Yorke.

"He brought that identity back to the football club, and we're playing great stuff, winning football matches and that's what matters.

"He's got eight more games remaining, let's hope he continues in that vein of winning football matches, and then a decision will be made on his (managerial) career."

United face Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals next month and Yorke thinks they have a chance of toppling the Spanish giants.

"It's a team that we're very familiar with," he said.

"We had success against them, but also we've been on the receiving end, so in my opinion, we have a 50-50 chance.

"It's all about the day and staying in the tie in the second leg."

www.skysports.com
Old 07-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #86
Andi Istiabudi
manager

YORKE: UNITED NEED A 'NEAR-PERFECT' GAME

Dwight Yorke believes Manchester United need to produce a “near-perfect game” in order to progress past Barcelona in the Champions League.

The Reds’ next outing is the first leg of the quarter-final at Old Trafford on Wednesday night, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men looking to bounce back from the disappointing defeat to Wolves in the Premier League.

After coming up against Barcelona during the Treble season, when we were involved in two thrilling 3-3 draws, Yorke is convinced United can overcome the Catalan giants, despite the presence of Lionel Messi in their ranks.

”I don’t think we can stop Messi,” he admitted. “I think that you have got to concentrate on your game. I think we have to play the most near-perfect game to overcome Barcelona.

“We know that Messi is arguably the world’s best footballer in our generation, and when you have that sort of mentality, it is always difficult. But I feel if we play the team collectively and we play to our potential, even with Messi’s greatness, I think we may just have the edge on them.

”We have to play as a team and we have to play to our full potential and, of course, you need a little bit of luck in those games to go your way and, if we can get that on the night, there is no reason why United cannot come out victorious in those two-legged games.“

Yorke scored twice at the Nou Camp in November 1998 as the teams shared six goals, and also set up Andy Cole's strike, with a diving header from a David Beckham cross one of many times he combined with the right-sided midfielder throughout that memorable campaign.

“I would say that there was no other footballer in the world, even to this day, with a better delivery of a football than David Beckham,” added the former Trinidad & Tobago international.

“For me, not the greatest footballer I have played with, but certainly he was a big part of my success in terms of the number of goals that I scored at United. He is a great footballer, a great ambassador and a great guy. More importantly, I had a real good time, real fun, playing with David Beckham.”

www.skysports.com
Old 14-05-2020, 12:25 AM   #87
Andi Istiabudi
manager

YORKE: I WAS TOP SCORER AND SIR ALEX TOLD ME I WAS A FAILURE

Dwight Yorke was the special guest on Wednesday’s MUTV Group Chat, and shared several interesting anecdotes, not least when Sir Alex Ferguson once called him a ‘failure’, despite being the Reds’ top scorer at the time.

Our former striker spent four years at Old Trafford and netted more than any of his team-mates during his first season at the club - our 1998/99 Treble-winning campaign - before achieving the same feat again the following year.

However, Sir Alex, a man renowned for his meticulously high standards, demanded more from Dwight, and was willing to try anything to further motivate his frontman.

“In the first season I scored 29 goals, in the second year I scored 26, and the gaffer said to me ‘you’re a failure’,” Yorke reflected on the video call.

“I was top scorer again and we won the Premier League, but he said I was a failure. But you look back and I get where he was coming from. This is where you need to push yourself even further by getting more than 29.

“You look at Messi and Ronaldo and that’s the kind of levels he’s trying to push you to, but I didn’t see it then. Finishing as the top scorer with 26 goals was very rewarding for me, but the gaffer wasn’t too pleased.

“Then in my third year I had 14 goals from 22 starts, which is not a bad return. But that wasn’t good enough at United. That was the level the manager was demanding of you and I get it now.”

Yorkie is most fondly remembered by United fans for the part he played in our Treble-winning campaign, a season when he and striker partner Andy Cole struck fear into the hearts of defenders at home and abroad.

Dwight netted 29 times in 51 appearances during his maiden term at the Reds, but was actually disappointed with that haul.

“I should have scored more goals. I was disappointed I only scored 29 goals, even though that was unbelievable in my first year,” Yorke told presenter Stewart Gardner and regular hosts Ben Thornley, Wes Brown, Danny Webber and David May.

“I think the manager robbed me of a few games when I felt I should have played and could have scored goals,” Yorke added, with a chuckle.

“He substituted me when I was on the verge of scoring a hat-trick. I was on two goals and he takes me off to have a rest! You look back and think ‘bloody hell, gaffer, you robbed me of a few goals over the years’.

“But it’s not about me, it’s about the team and he knows what is best for us as a unit and that’s what matters.

“When you achieve that kind of level in your first year, where do you go from there? Because everything you do after that is pretty much a failure,” the 48-year-old continued.

“But we went on to win three Premier Leagues in a row and we’re the only club to ever do that. That hardly ever gets a mention, until [Manchester] City tried to follow it this year.

“We had a high level of success over that time, so it was hard to live up to that all the time. But I have no regrets over those years. It was just a wonderful time in my life and I’m very grateful to anyone who played a part in that.”

www.manutd.com
Old 09-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #88
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'Even with Sir Alex Ferguson's help, I still can't get an interview': Dwight Yorke says it is harder for black coaches to become a manager as he opens up on his struggles to land a job in football

* Dwight Yorke reveals the struggles he's endured in trying to become a manager
* The iconic striker insists he's not able to get an interview as a black professional
* Even Sir Alex Ferguson's glittering recommendation has done him no favours

Dwight Yorke has revealed the struggles he's endured while trying to get into football management as a black professional – even with the sterling recommendation of Manchester United's legendary manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The iconic United and Aston Villa striker has pointed out the severe lack of diversity in football management and claims he 'can't even get an interview' despite having Ferguson as his mentor.

In an interview on beIN SPORTS's Keys and Gray Show, Yorke revealed how the Scot has been 'tremendous' to him and how he'd be willing to vouch for him should he apply for a job in management.

Dwight Yorke has revealed the struggles he's endured in trying to become a manager. Sir Alex Ferguson's (left) glittering recommendation has failed to land Yorke (R) an interview

However, having applied for the job at Villa Park with Ferguson's full backing, Yorke claims he hasn't even been offered an interview.

Yorke said: 'It’s a fact that Sir Alex Ferguson, who’s been tremendous and like a father figure – I’ve always said and to this day remains – when I applied for the Villa job, I went into his office and told him exactly what I was trying to do.

'He gave me some experience, he told me what I needed to do and I picked his brain. At the same time, he picked the phone up and rang [Aston] Villa for me to give his recommendation.

'He’s always said to me, if I need anything, any recommendation to break into management, he would vouch for me. Even to this day. With his help, I still can’t get an interview. I still can’t get an interview to this day. That is what we are facing today.

Yorke revealed how Ferguson has been 'tremendous' to him in helping him in his career. However, Yorke is still yet to land a management position and has become frustrated at the fact

'You have seen, on the other hand, white players given that platform with very little experience, straight into management… Yet we haven’t seen a black manager in the Premier League. I would go as far as to say look at the backroom staff. There’s probably not even a black person in backroom staff as well. There is a serious issue here.

'I’m going to fight this all the way. I’m still very hopeful.'

In a bid to help more BAME (Black, Asian and minority ethnic) candidates land jobs in higher positions, the 'Rooney rule' was implemented by the EFL last year, which is a policy that clubs in American football should interview at least one BAME candidate for each head coach or senior football operation vacancy.

However, Yorke says the rule has made little to no impact as of yet.

'It is an absolute joke,' Yorke said. 'It's not been implemented whatsoever… And if you go even deeper and you follow it in the NFL there are new rules that set in that if you hire a black manager you go up in the league or something.

'The players obviously have gone against that because it's a token gesture. This Rooney Rule hasn't been implemented for years. I know Sol Campbell. I spoke to Sol Campbell. He went to Grimsby, he was trying his nuts off just to try and get a job!

'He went to Macclesfield, someone who's played the level he has, and now he's at Southend. When you see other players, I can call names but I won't, other players have been fast forwarded and fast tracked.

'The one response I get, I've applied for the Villa job twice now, I get one response from the CEO and his response to me was, "I need experience". Where am I going to go and get experience if I'm not being given a chance?'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8400047/Manchester-United-icon-Dwight-Yorke-reveals-struggles-getting-management-black-professional.html
Old 15-07-2020, 10:12 AM   #89
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He could only tell me to f*** off, which he did': Dwight Yorke recalls how he asked Sir Alex Ferguson for a year off WITH PAY after helping Manchester United to the treble in 1999 as everything else after that season would have been a 'failure'

* Dwight Yorke has revealed he asked Sir Alex Ferguson for a year off football
* Striker wanted some time off after Manchester United's treble-winning season
* He thought there was nothing more to achieve after that phenomenal campaign
* Sir Alex told him to 'f*** off' when Yorke went into his office to ask for time away

Dwight Yorke has revealed how he sensationally asked Sir Alex Ferguson for a year away from football just after helping Manchester United to their famous treble in 1999.

The striker, now 48, was a crucial part of the United side that won the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup during a glorious campaign for the Red Devils.

Yorke formed a formidable strike partnership with Andy Cole that season and scored 29 goals in 52 appearances across all competitions.

Dwight Yorke has recalled how he once asked Sir Alex Ferguson for a year away from football. Yorke asked Ferguson for time off after helping United win the treble back in 1998-99

But during a recent appearance on the UTD Podcast, Yorke was asked about a story where he went in to Sir Alex's office to gain his permission to take a 12-month sabbatical in order to celebrate the treble and recharge.

When asked if it was true, Yorke replied: 'Yeah but with pay. I mean what else is there to do in football after winning the treble?

'I was on such a high. It was ridiculous. Concorde was flying back then and I remember we went to New York. Back in the days they used to put you up with the pilot.

'I got to New York and I thought "what else is there to achieve after this?" because everything else will be a failure or deemed as a failure.

'I went into the gaffer's office and said "what are we doing? After winning the treble there's nothing to do. Can I have a year off from football with pay? and then I'll come back the next year rejoin the team".

'I honestly don't know what made me think that. What more could we possibly do as a team? Yeah we could repeat it but if you don't then the team is a failure.

'If there was a time you were going to ask the gaffer for anything, that was it. I didn't have anything to lose.

'He could only tell me to f*** off, which he did. He said "f*** off and get lost".

'It was jokingly but if he had said to take a year off then I would have done. But I knew that wasn't going to happen so I thought it was worth a try.'

Yorke scored 29 goals in 52 appearances across all competitions as United won three trophies. Yorke (L) lifts the Champions League trophy alongside Andy Cole (R) at the Nou Camp

Earlier this month Yorke hit out at Roy Keane, another member of the 1999 treble-winning side, for his harsh criticism of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's current United crop.

It came after Keane's rant about David de Gea after his gaffe against Tottenham last month, where he claimed he would have been swinging punches at half-time.

'I know what he's like,' said Yorke, who also played under Keane when he was Sunderland manager.

'He says what he likes to say. Some people buy into it, some don't.

'We all make mistakes. He wasn't perfect when he played. He made mistakes along the way. He has to tone that back a little bit. Maybe one of the downfalls which I recognised from his management career is that the way he delivered his approach to players could be quite offensive.

'Brian Clough, Ron Atkinson, maybe even Sir Alex Ferguson sometimes, they give those kind of rollickings. Players of yesterday could easily dust those kind of comments off.

'Things have changed. It's the way you go about it which is important and that's one of Keane's problems: he doesn't know how to deliver it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8521957/Dwight-Yorke-recalls-asked-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-year-PAY.html
Old 26-09-2020, 12:51 AM   #90
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Wah semoga sukses ya dengan penugasan barunya ini

YORKE WORKING WITH UNITED UNDER-23S

Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke has been working with the club's Under-23s and will attend Friday night's live MUTV encounter with Liverpool.

The Treble hero, top scorer in that incredible 1998/99 season, is gaining some coaching experience over the next two weeks, with a view to hopefully obtaining a managerial post in the near future.

By passing on some of his expertise to lead coach Neil Wood's group, it is clearly a win-win situation for both parties.

United are privileged to be able to accommodate visits from former players during the season, with Patrice Evra another Old Trafford great who has spent time with the youngsters.

Quinton Fortune, of course, recently worked as assistant to Wood before joining Reading, while Nicky Butt spends a lot of time working with the boys, in his role as head of first-team development.

Yorke will appreciate more than most that a game with Liverpool at any level is one to relish, he scored against them in the 2-2 Premier League draw at Anfield in 1999 and the famous FA Cup victory in the same year, equalising late on before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's dramatic winner.

United will face a real challenge in Premier League 2, following promotion last term, with a number of key players moved out on loan to further their development. It means Wood is working with a youthful squad, as shown by the fact that 16-year-old Shola Shoretire came off the bench to make his Under-23s debut in the opener against Leicester City.

Friday's game at Leigh Sports Village, which kicks off at 19:00 BST, should provide another real test for the team, with the match against Liverpool being shown live in full on MUTV.

There will be another chance to gain valuable experience in the EFL Trophy on Tuesday (19:45 BST), when Rochdale provide the opposition at the Crown Oil Arena, following our 6-0 win at Salford City in the opening group fixture.

Meanwhile, the game away to Blackburn Rovers in Premier League has been moved from Monday 5 October to Friday 2 October with a 14:00 BST kick-off.

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 43
alfiandrmwn, and1, Andi Istiabudi, Aso Chrisjefta, Blacklist7, cie_1, cimbuang69, Deddy Hernandez, dee_vee7, fadilbedil, farhaanongehhMUFC, fey777, frengkysme182, iamsetia, irfan_mancunianred, jifortin, jonajoni, mirzasyah, MUFC1878, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nickz09, oldark, penk22_, Raihan_UKI27, rio vander vidic, Riskur, RyanRezha, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, stamansa, tietocinex, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku