United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 08-03-2022, 08:45 AM   #411
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

Marcus Rashford is considering his Manchester United future and is concerned over his lack of game time after the crushing 4-1 derby defeat by City - where he was left out of the team despite forwards suffering injury crisis

* Despite an injury crisis Marcus Rashford failed to start for Manchester United
* Cristiano Ronaldo and Edinson Cavani were ruled out ahead of the game
* Rashford has fallen out of favour under interim boss Ralf Rangnick this term
* However, the United head coach still believes Rashford has a United future

Marcus Rashford’s future is growing increasingly uncertain as the Manchester United forward star approaches the final 12 months of his contract.

The England international, who has just 18 months to run on his current contract, is understood to be pondering his future ahead of the summer transfer window.

It’s important to clarify that Rashford has not made any decisions on his future with sources close to the situation saying the forward is just focussed on his form to enable him to regain his place as a regular starter.

Nevertheless, the United academy graduate is currently far from certain to sign a new long-term contract at the club at which will raise alarm bells at Old Trafford.

Marcus Rashford is now considering his Manchester United future amid a lack of game time

His role in the team has been under scrutiny in recent weeks - he has not started a Premier League game since February 12.

The club will appoint a new manager ahead of next season, and any decision Rashford makes on his future could be swayed by who is appointed as Ralph Rangnick’s successor.

United were dealt an injury crisis ahead of their catastrophic 4-1 derby defeat by Manchester City on Sunday with Cristiano Ronaldo and Edinson Cavani ruled out just hours before the game.

Despite these crucial injuries to Ralf Rangnick's side, there still was no room in the starting XI for Rashford as the Red Devils instead lined up with Jadon Sancho and Anthony Elanga as wide forwards and Bruno Fernandes pushed forward from midfield.

Sancho equalised in the first half for United with an excellent curling effort but it proved only one of their two shots on target, with Rashford coming on as a substitute for the final half-hour.

Now the United striker is assessing his options at Old Trafford as he seeks assurances over his future at the club.

Rashford has only started two of their last 11 top-flight games.

Rashford failed to make the starting XI but was brought on as a second-half substitute. Rashford has only started two of United's last 11 Premier League games, falling out of favour

Although Rashford's current United deal expires next summer, it is believed United do have an option to extend the deal by another year, easing any pressure to get full value for a potential sale this summer.

The 24-year-old has struggled to hit his best form this season, scoring just four Premier League goals in 18 games and only two since October.

Complicating his future even more will be the potential new manager arriving at United in the summer, with interim boss Rangnick set to move into a more senior consultancy role at the club.

Rangnick though is keen to develop Rashford and believes he still has a role to play at United.

Despite dropping him from the starting XI, boss Ralf Rangnick still has faith in Rashford. Rangnick is keen to get behind his out-of-form striker in a bid to develop him at the club

Speaking ahead of the derby defeat, he said: 'With Marcus Rashford, we have another player who I will insist and continuously be behind him and with him, to develop him.

'We have achieved that with quite a few other young players in the past and I don't see why this should not happen with Marcus.

'He's got abundant talent, he's got the pace, he's got the physicality, he's got everything that you need for a modern striker, no matter if he's playing from the wing or in the centre.

'I will put all my energy into that, to help him to take the same pathway that other players did in the last three months.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10585371/Manchester-United-Marcus-Rashford-considering-future.html
Old 09-03-2022, 08:43 AM   #412
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'No manager in their right mind would offload him!' - Paul Merson leaps to Marcus Rashford's defence amid criticism of the Manchester United star and insists he will not be sold by any incoming boss this summer despite his underwhelming form

* Marcus Rashford has been enduring a difficult season for Manchester United
* The England star is drawing criticism from several pundits and fans alike
* He is even said to be considering his future at Old Trafford ahead of the summer
* But Paul Merson believes criticism of Rashford is unfair and premature
* Merson has leapt to his defence and claimed no incoming boss will want to sell

Paul Merson has leapt to the defence of Marcus Rashford and insisted 'no manager in their right mind' would sell the Manchester United star this summer.

Rashford is enduring one of his most difficult seasons as a United player, with a number of below-par performances meaning he has drawn criticism from supporters and pundits alike.

The England international has scored just two goals in his last 20 appearances, and after losing his place in the starting XI reports have emerged suggesting he is now considering his future at Old Trafford.

However, Merson believes talk of Rashford leaving United is ludicrous, claiming any incoming manager at the club this summer will want to keep him.

‘It’s been two or three months and there is talk of Rashford being moved on. Seriously?’ he told Sky Sports.

‘No manager in their right mind would come to Old Trafford and offload Rashford.

‘Even if I was going to take over the club as manager tomorrow morning, I wouldn’t be letting Rashford go!

‘This is why Manchester United are in a shambles, how haven’t they got a manager in place now.

Paul Merson has leapt to the defence of Marcus Rashford amid criticism over his Man Utd form. Rashford has drawn criticism this season for a number of below-par performances. But Merson insists 'no manager in their right mind' would offload him in the summer. Rashford is said to be considering his future amid a lack of game time under Ralf Rangnick

‘Whoever does come in as manager isn’t going to get rid of Rashford, so the move will have to be done before then, that’s if it is going happen.’

Merson is backing Rashford to rediscover his best form sooner or later, adding: ‘Everything has been great since Rashford came on the scene, you couldn’t write it in a book if you tried. Now he has lost confidence and he’s finding it hard. His confidence is shot.

‘This is first time he has lost it since he walked into the Manchester United team. From the moment he made his debut against in the Europa League, scored those two goals, I don’t think he has been without that confidence.

‘Against City I remember him taking on three players, but the run was just token gesture, you could see he didn’t have the conviction that he was going to go past anyone.

‘I feel sorry for Rashford. It’s a horrible feeling when you lose your confidence in football, but even more so when it happens for the first time.

‘He’s not getting a run in the team so when he does come on, he always seems to be chasing the game and he’s trying to do too much.

‘He’s got to get back to playing simple and build his confidence. He’s got to get back to basics and, all of a sudden, his confidence will come back because the kid is a good player, you don’t become a bad player overnight.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10592355/Man-Utd-Marcus-Rashford-not-sold-incoming-manager-summer-says-Paul-Merson.html
Old 14-03-2022, 09:45 AM   #413
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford has been allowed to drift at Manchester United in their malaise... under a manager like Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp he would have improved or been moved on, and the dilemma over his future remains unsolved

* Marcus Rashford has had a miserable season in a Manchester United shirt so far
* The forward has not scored in any of the games he has started this campaign
* He does not turn 25 until October but his Old Trafford career is at risk of drifting
* Coach Ralf Rangnick says Rashford has 'everything he needs' to be a top player

Last summer, England manager Gareth Southgate sat down with Marcus Rashford and explained that his immediate role for his country would be different to what he had grown used to. It was a polite way of saying Rashford wouldn’t be playing.

Rashford was hurt but took it well because he is that kind of bigger-picture bloke. Nevertheless, it was a telling moment in his career, a sign that the world of football was moving and that he wasn’t moving fast enough to keep up with it.

Rashford, the Manchester United forward, is not 25 until October so he is not yet at his peak years. However, faced with that disappointment last year, he was either going to put his foot down hard and find some new gears or accept a new reality.

Nine months on, the best we can say is that his dilemma remains unresolved and that it has now begun to shape his life at Old Trafford also.

With England, his problem exists in the shape of players like Raheem Sterling, Jack Grealish, Phil Foden and Bukayo Saka. At United it is embodied by Jadon Sancho, the one player interim manager Ralf Rangnick has improved beyond all measure.

More fundamental, though, is the simple issue of whether Rashford has ever been quite as good as many people have thought.

This has been a season to forget so far for both Marcus Rashford and Manchester United. Rashford has not scored in a match he has started for United since the end of last season

Rangnick has been at pains to speak well of him recently. The German says Rashford has ‘everything he needs’ to be a top player. But he has been saying this while simultaneously not always picking him.

Privately, he is known to feel Rashford flits in and out of games and cannot be relied upon to deliver for 90 minutes.

Some have wondered if Rashford’s well-publicised work away from football has impacted on his day job and it is OK to ask that question. Rashford’s previous United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer asked it out loud.

However, there is no real evidence to support the theory. Those who know about these things at United say Rashford remains as committed and industrious as ever. Just as importantly, his current reduced circumstances are known to frustrate and irritate him.

A personal view is that the core of the issue is rather more fundamental, one related simply to the nuts and bolts of football.

I have long thought that Rashford is one of those footballers unfortunate to fall between levels. He is more than a good footballer, but is he an exceptional one? I have never been convinced. He is not, for example, a natural finisher.

That may sound a little tough when discussing a player who has already achieved so much.

The forward has lost his England place as Gareth Southgate has a wealth of attacking options. United interim boss Ralf Rangnick says Rashford has 'everything he needs' to be a top player

But at the very top level the margins are so very small, and it is important because England will need exceptional footballers in attacking positions to win a World Cup while United will need them if they are to ever win the Premier League again.

Certainly, Rashford has suffered from United’s recent years of malaise. He has been allowed to drift. A coach of the quality of Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp would certainly have improved him. Equally, had they not seen what they hoped for they would have moved him on.

Would Rashford get close to getting in the first XIs at Manchester City or Liverpool? No. Would he displace a player such as Son Heung-min at Tottenham? Probably not.

And this is the crux of it. Rangnick may say Rashford has everything he needs to be a top modern forward, but if this really is the case then why are we not seeing the evidence?

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10608685/IAN-LADYMAN-Marcus-Rashford-allowed-drift-Manchester-United.html
Rashford harus segera memperbaiki performanya karena belakangan semua berita, kritikan mengarah kepadanya. jika tidak maka posisinya rentan digeser oleh Elanga. mudah2an Rashford masih tetap bertahan dan tidak pindah ke PSG yg kabarnya mengincar dia untuk menggantikan Mbappe (jika pindah ke Madrid). semoga ditangan pelatih baru musim depan penampilan Rashford bisa kembali kinclong
Old 17-03-2022, 10:09 AM   #414
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marcus Rashford denies making rude gesture to Manchester United fans following defeat to Atletico Madrid... as he admits 'emotion got the better of me' after being 'heckled from the moment I set foot outside the ground'

* Man United were dumped out of the Champions League by Atletico Madrid
* A video showed Marcus Rashford angrily responding to fans after the game
* The England forward has denied making a rude gesture at heckling supporters
* He admitted emotions got the better of him as people were looking for a reaction

Marcus Rashford has denied making a rude gesture to Manchester United fans as he left Old Trafford following Tuesday's defeat to Atletico Madrid.

Video footage on social media showed Rashford, who came on as a second-half substitute in the last 16 tie, responding angrily to comments from supporters outside the ground.

But he has insisted: 'I did not gesture with my middle finger. I used my forefinger to direct the fan to 'come over and say it to my face'.

'I had been heckled from the moment I set foot outside the ground, abuse not just aimed at my football.

Marcus Rashford has admitted he let his emotions get the better of him after confronting fans. The Man United forward posted a passionate statement to social media after his actions

'People were looking for a reaction from me. Phones were at the ready.

'Of course I should have walked straight past and ignored it, that's what we're supposed to do right? Last night my emotion got the better of me.'

Rashford insisted their were two sides to the story and claimed the video lacked context

Meanwhile, United are studying CCTV footage to identify fans who pelted Atletico Madrid Diego Simeone with objects at the final whistle.

Those responsible face a three-year ban.

UEFA are also investigating the incidents before deciding whether to charge United.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10620427/Marcus-Rashford-denies-making-rude-gesture-Manchester-United-fans-defeat-Atletico-Madrid.html
Old 18-03-2022, 03:38 PM   #415
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

He looks lost on the pitch, has been dropped by England AND Man United, and is even arguing with the fans who idolised him... With his contract winding down, will Marcus Rashford look for a new challenge elsewhere?

* Marcus Rashford has cut a demoralised figure at Manchester United this season
* The academy graduate has been out of form and has lost his starting place
* It's led to Rashford being dropped by England at start of a World Cup year
* He was heckled by United fans outside Old Trafford after Atletico Madrid loss
* Linked with a move to PSG, Rashford's time at United could be running out

Marcus Rashford has lived the dream of every Manchester United fan these past few years.

A local boy, he joined the club's academy at the age of seven, rising through the ranks before making a stunning, scoring breakthrough into the first-team in a UEFA Europa League tie in 2016.

Rashford hasn't looked back, scoring 93 goals in 297 matches for his favourite club, including crucial ones against Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea.

While Rashford hasn't exactly played in the best United era for winning silverware, he has provided modern day reassurance that United's famed academy is still capable of producing top class talent.

Marcus Rashford has cut a dejected figure during a disappointing season at Man United. The striker has lost his starting spot in the United side and is struggling to make any impact

Rashford is the local lad made good in an age where the top clubs can discover and import a player from literally anywhere on the planet, his 'one of our own' status embellished by his tireless, selfless charity work and campaigning.

But, for the first time, we are forced to confront the uncomfortable possibility that Rashford is entering the beginning of the end as a United footballer.

His performances this season have been those of player under a dark cloud; Rashford's smile has disappeared and so has the spark in front of goal.

In many ways, the forward has come to reflect what's happening to Manchester United in general. Drifting along aimlessly, hoping something will turn up, praying it'll all miraculously come together.

Just five goals since he returned from shoulder surgery in October have seen Rashford lose the trust of interim coach Ralf Rangnick, who starts him on the bench more often than on the field.

When he is introduced, Rashford just doesn't look the game-changer he was a couple of years ago. In fairness, he's far from alone in this United side when it comes to fizzling out in games.

Under Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Rashford was among the first names on the United teamsheet, typically on the left side of the attack.

United's interim manager Ralf Rangnick hasn't used him as regular starter in recent weeks. The team will go another season without silverware after they exited the Champions League

But now he has been usurped not only by Jadon Sancho, one of United's few in-form players, in his favoured position but also by the youngster Anthony Elanga on the other side. The wheel can turn quickly at Old Trafford.

And things have deteriorated further this week. Not only did United crash out of the Champions League to Atletico Madrid but Rashford was heckled by his own fans when he stepped outside the stadium afterwards.

It isn't the first time he's encountered moans and groans at Old Trafford this season but various angry barbs were aimed in his direction, phones poised to capture any reaction like a caged animal being cruelly baited.

The next thing it was claimed on social media that Rashford raised a middle finger to the fans, video clips were no doubt edited to take the gesture he did make out of context, as often happens in this day and age.

Rashford issued a lengthy explanation, suggesting that not all the abuse he received was about football. You can guarantee somebody hinted pretty strongly he should stop his social justice crusades and concentrate on scoring goals.

'Guys for weeks I've been heckled, threatened, questioned and last night my emotion got the better of me. I'm a human being. Reading and hearing that stuff about yourself every day it wears you down,' he wrote.

It all added up to the impression that another bond with his beloved United has become seriously frayed. In the past, Rashford probably would have let such criticism drop and responded in the next game.

The bad news for Rashford continued when he was dropped from the England squad for the upcoming friendlies on Thursday. Southgate's decision to drop Rashford for the two friendlies will give him the chance to take a much-needed holiday in the coming days

Then on Thursday came the not entirely unsurprising news that Rashford had been dropped from the England squad ahead of the upcoming friendlies against Switzerland and the Ivory Coast.

That had been coming. There is so much talented competition in the wide attacking positions for the national team and also these games are the ideal opportunity for Gareth Southgate to ring the changes.

What's more, because of his shoulder issues, Rashford hasn't been involved with England since the Euro 2020 final, when he missed a penalty in defeat to Italy having been subbed on with the express intention of taking one.

Southgate valued Rashford enough to pick him for the Euros despite limited game time but in the end he was restricted to cameos from the bench as other heroes emerged with the Three Lions on their chest.

Rashford, the professional he is, will be gutted to not make the England squad in a World Cup year but it will give him the opportunity to take a holiday. He looks like he could do with one.

What happens after that will be far more interesting. Rashford's United contract expires in the summer of 2023, albeit with the option to extend it by another year.

There have been murmurings of a link with Paris Saint-Germain, who are likely to lose Kylian Mbappe to Real Madrid in the summer. Rashford, 24, should have his peak years still to come and would offer the Parisians plenty.

United's new manager needs to make a series of quick decisions on whether to sell or retain players and they may sanction Rashford's departure if interest materialised. United may need the cash to reinvest and rebuild.

Rashford himself may well feel a change of scenery is required to take his career to the next level.

Others have made the point that elite managers such as Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp will have not allowed him to drift along, identifying facets of his game to be developed. But United just meander.

You couldn't blame him for being tempted by the prospect of goals aplenty and glory with PSG under, say, Zinedine Zidane, rather than another laborious new manager rebuild lasting three years in Manchester.

As Neymar and Lionel Messi discovered when they were jeered by PSG fans recently, being a big name is no guarantee of universal acclaim. You have to deliver.

It could well be that Rashford comes back from his break refreshed and powers United to a top four finish.

Even if his poor form continues, every player can expect to have a write-off season every now and again, especially after returning from tournament heartbreak and a big injury lay-off.

Next season, in a more dynamic United team with a permanent coach, we may see Rashford return to the sparkling form of 2019-20, when he scored 22 goals. The smile may return.

But as things stand, with the gloom deepening, the prospect of Rashford wearing club colours other than the red of United, for the first time since he was seven years of age, is a very real one.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10624033/Is-beginning-end-Marcus-Rashford-Manchester-United.html
semoga cepat bangkit lagi Rashford !!
Old 21-03-2022, 09:13 AM   #416
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Marginalising Marcus Rashford could be the worst error Man United have made this decade... who can blame him for struggling amid the abuse and lack of direction at Old Trafford?

* The abuse that Marcus Rashford received from fans this week was shocking
* Rashford deserved to be dropped by England but he doesn't deserve abuse
* The haste at which he is being written off as a footballer and a man is startling
* Rashford is the kind of star forward United should be nurturing and promoting

Feeding a couple of million hungry kids only buys you so much time when people decide you turned your back on a half-chance against Aston Villa. Football has a shorter memory than ever for good things, as Marcus Rashford discovered last week.

Praise turns to indifference, and then resentment, and then hostility, and then abuse, before you have time to blink.

It is not that the work Rashford did during lockdown, pressuring a reluctant government to extend the provision of free meals and activities to low-income families during school holidays, should earn him special treatment on the pitch.

Gareth Southgate was right to leave him out of the England squad he named on Thursday. Rashford’s form does not merit a place.

The treatment given to Marcus Rashford may be one of Manchester United's biggest errors. Rashford's work during lockdown shouldn't earn him special treatment but he doesn't deserve to be treated in this manner

But to witness the opprobrium that has been levelled at him off the pitch in recent weeks and to see it crystallised in a jerky, grainy, ill-lit piece of video footage taken soon after Manchester United’s Champions League defeat by Atletico Madrid last Tuesday, was still an object lesson in how swiftly even the best young players can be thrown to the wolves.

Perhaps you have seen it. Rashford played the last 23 minutes of United’s dismal second-leg loss to Diego Simeone’s side and, an hour or so after the final whistle, emerged from the stadium to walk the short distance to his car.

A crowd had gathered to see the players, ask for selfies, shout insults, all the usual stuff. Rashford was not spared the lash.

For a little while, Rashford ignored what was being shouted at him and then something was said that made him stop abruptly and turn towards his tormentor. It was obvious he was angry. It was obvious something had been said that upset him. He started to walk towards whoever made the comment before security guards persuaded him to turn away.

It was soon after that that the camera captured him gesturing at one of the fans. He raised his hand and appeared to raise a finger in his direction, to beckon him towards him.

‘Come over and say it to my face?’ Rashford said. And in that moment, even though what he did was close to nothing, the ‘fan’ who had baited him had won. He got the reaction he craved.

This is what happens to players on social media, too. They are baited and baited and sometimes they bite. And when they bite, when they perhaps respond in kind, there is outrage. And then the people who have abused them and insulted them demand an apology and bask in the limelight of their pathetic and empty achievement.

So, guess what, Rashford is not a saint. He was defrocked by a moron calling him names. He issued an apology on social media but, as Ian Wright and others have said subsequently, he didn’t need to. The fan who abused him should have apologised instead. He is the one who should have the spotlight trained on him. Not Rashford. We’ve got it all the wrong way round.

‘For weeks,’ Rashford wrote, ‘I’ve been heckled, threatened, questioned and last night my emotion got the better of me. I’m a human being. Reading and hearing that stuff about yourself every day, it wears you down. I had been heckled from the minute I stepped foot outside the ground, abuse not just aimed at my football.

‘People were looking for a reaction from me. Phones were at the ready. Of course I should have walked straight past and ignored it, that’s what we’re supposed to do, right? I’m not entitled. This isn’t ego. I’m upset. I’m disappointed. And in that moment it was silly but I was being human.’

Rashford is the kind of player that United should be nurturing instead of marginalising. The Man United forward posted a passionate statement to social media after his actions. Ralf Rangnick is the latest manager Rashford has played under during a period of upheaval. The United forward is a jewel of a player who is currently going through a lean spell

What is so dispiriting is that Rashford should be subjected to this kind of treatment in the first place. He was a national hero not so long ago, held up as the best of us for the work he was doing for the under-privileged, hailed as the face of compassion.

A run of bad form might, quite rightly, affect whether he gets picked for club and country but it says a lot about us that it should also open him up to abuse.

There has been a concurrent loss of memory about quite what a precious talent Rashford is, too. Yes, some of the criticism of his performance on the pitch is warranted.

He is out of form. He has not been playing like the man who burst into the United first team from the academy ranks. He has looked desperately short of confidence. His body language speaks of uncertainty and doubt.

But the haste with which he is being written off as a footballer, as well as a man, is startling.

He is still only 24 years old and he has already scored 93 goals for United and made 297 appearances. He was the youngest player at Euro 2016, the youngest scorer in a Manchester derby, the third youngest United player to score 50 Premier League goals, all while battling shoulder, back and foot injuries.

Only Norman Whiteside, George Best and Ryan Giggs reached 250 games for United at a younger age than him. Decent company, I’m sure you would agree, and there are plenty more records like that.

Rashford is a jewel of a player who is going through a lean spell. It happens to the best of them but he has already done more than enough to prove his enduring class.

It is worth remembering, too, that his Old Trafford career has coincided with uninterrupted upheaval at the club. It is not as if he has been playing for a side sweeping all before them as United did for much of the previous two decades before his emergence. His entire career has been spent in the years of post-Ferguson decline.

He has played for Louis van Gaal, Jose Mourinho, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Michael Carrick and Ralf Rangnick.

He has also been a victim of United’s obsession with trying to camouflage their shortcomings by signing veteran superstar strikers to buy off crowd discontent. His progress has been hindered by managers indulging the waning talents of forwards like Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cristiano Ronaldo and Edinson Cavani.

It is little wonder, amid the abuse, the uncertainty, the lack of direction at Old Trafford and his loss of form, that there have been suggestions Rashford is considering a future away from the club and that Barcelona and Liverpool have both expressed interest.

Gary Neville observed recently that it would be ‘a failure for United’s football department’ if Rashford leaves and he was right.

Rashford is exactly the kind of star forward that United should be nurturing and promoting, a brilliant player heading towards his prime, a local lad who has risen through the club’s ranks, an England star, a 21st-century role model.

Instead of that, they’re marginalising him. Even in the context of the myriad mistakes they have made in the last decade, losing Rashford would be one of the biggest.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10631293/OLIVER-HOLT-Marginalising-Marcus-Rashford-Manchester-Uniteds-worst-error-decade.html
Old 24-03-2022, 09:40 AM   #417
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Marcus Rashford without England and Manchester United is a NOBODY', claims former Red Devils defender Paul Parker... and club would have to sell unsettled forward on the cheap after loss of form

* Marcus Rashford has endured a tough time since returning from injury
* The 24-year-old forward was also left out of last week’s England squad
* Reports have claimed he has grown frustrated with his role at the club

Marcus Rashford is ‘nothing’ without Manchester United and England, says former Red Devils defender Paul Parker.

The 24-year-old forward has endured a tough time since returning from injury in October, scoring just four times in 19 Premier League appearances.

He was also left out of last week’s England squad.

Reports have claimed Rashford has grown frustrated with his role at the club, with Liverpool and Barcelona among the clubs said to be interested in signing him.

He told OddsNinja: ‘At the end of the day, if he’s not a Manchester United player, he’s not really good for anyone else. They’re not interested in him, PR wise, to be perfectly honest,

Man United forward Marcus Rashford has endured a tough time since returning from injury. Reports have claimed the 24-year-old has grown frustrated with his role at the club

‘Manchester United and England sells Marcus Rashford. Marcus Rashford without England and Manchester United is a nobody to the people out there who want to sell/market him.

‘I look at the end of the day, he’s having a poor, poor time. He might just need to go and think about exactly what he wants. Put everything else outside of his job, put that away and concentrate on what his job is. Because without his job, he wouldn’t have had those distractions.

‘So, as far as I’m concerned, whatever he’s been doing and he’s putting his name to, he has to put that to bed. You can’t do both.

‘Not at the level of football he’s playing and the fact that he plays for Manchester United. It’s too much around it, he’s in the public eye, everybody is looking at him. I just think it’s too much, too early and he hasn’t coped with it.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10646021/Marcus-Rashford-without-England-Manchester-United-claims-Paul-Parker.html
Old 28-03-2022, 09:20 AM   #418
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'What I hope is that Marcus Rashford f***ing gets his head out of his a*** and goes and breaks that record': Wayne Rooney bluntly urges unsettled forward to STAY at Manchester United and surpass his 253-goal tally

* Marcus Rashford has scored 93 goals in 297 appearances for Man United
* But the 24-year-old has become increasingly disillusioned at Old Trafford
* Rooney wants the forward to focus on beating his all-time record of 253 goals

Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney has urged former team-mate Marcus Rashford to focus on becoming the club's greatest goalscorer.

The 24-year-old has scored 93 goals in 297 appearances for the Red Devils since making his debut in 2015 but he has become increasingly disillusioned at Old Trafford.

But Rooney wants the England forward to stay at Manchester United and focus on beating his all-time record of 253 goals.

Speaking at a black-tie event in Manchester on Saturday, Rooney told The Sun: 'To get the record and be United's highest goal scorer is f***ing massive.

'What I hope is that Marcus Rashford f***ing gets his head out of his a*** and goes and breaks that record. He is a Manchester lad.'

Rashford has fallen out of favour in recent months at Old Trafford, starting just three league matches since the turn of the year.

He has only scored five goals in all competitions this term - some way down on the 21 that he managed in 2020-21.

Forward Marcus Rashford has become increasingly disillusioned at Manchester United. Rashford has scored just five league goals this season and has struggled for minutes lately. Waybe Rooney wants Rashford to focus on beating his all-time record of 253 goals at United

His lack of game time has led to him considering his future at the club, and he was dealt a further blow when Gareth Southgate left him out of his latest England squad.

Southgate subsequently vowed to meet with Rashford to try to help the 24-year-old to rediscover his best form.

With the World Cup just eight months away, Rashford may decide that a change of scenery is needed to get his career back on track.

His current deal at United is due to expire in 2023, although the club do have the option to extend his contract by a further year.

Arsenal will reportedly offer Rashford an escape route from United this summer as Mikel Arteta looks to make the England star his new striker.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10658131/Man-United-legend-Wayne-Rooney-tells-Marcus-Rashford-f-ing-head-a.html
Rashford berpotensi memecahkan rekor Rooney asal dia mau terus bertahan dan memperpanjang kontrak di United. semoga musim depan ditangan pelatih baru Rashford bisa bangkit dan semakin tajam
Old 12-04-2022, 10:00 AM   #419
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Man United star Marcus Rashford launches a scheme to help youngsters develop a positive mindset around money... as he admits 'I never had any growing up, so... it's not about spending it, it's about making it more'

* Manchester United star Marcus Rashford is backing a scheme to help youngsters
* Rashford has collaborated with NatWest to develop the mindset around money
* The new programme is going to be trialled at community centres over Easter

Manchester United star Marcus Rashford is backing a scheme to help youngsters feel confident about their finances and has even returned to his roots to share some of his wisdom.

The 24-year-old forward has collaborated with NatWest and the National Youth Agency to create a programme that offers some much-needed support and guidance for young people to develop a positive mindset around money.

The Thrive programme is going to be trialled at community centres this Easter ahead of a nationwide roll-out and one of those destinations is Rashford's old club, Norbrook Youth Club in Wythenshawe, Manchester - where he recently visited to teach teenagers how to manager their money.

Marcus Rashford is backing a scheme to help youngsters feel confident about their finances. The forward has collaborated with NatWest and National Youth Agency to create a programme

The scheme is also being piloted at St. Mary's Youth Centre in Primrose Hill, north London and Sunderland's Lambton Street Youth Centre.

The striker, whose school meals campaign famously delivered a government U-turn worth £170 million in support for disadvantaged children, told them he is going on the attack again.

'I think that's the first thing that we should try and attack. Get rid of the fear first,' Rashford insisted.

'I never had money growing up. So when I have it, it's not about spending it. It's about making it more.

'And then if I want to spend a bit, then I'll spend a bit.'

Rashford recently visited Norbook Youth Club to teach teenagers how to manager their money. The England international hailed the teens as 'resourceful' after paying his old club a visit. The Man United star insists they don't teach you about money mindset when you're at school

Rashford, who is struggling on the pitch so far this campaign, hailed the teens who attend Norbrook as 'resourceful', by saying: 'One of the main things for me is obviously giving back to young people.

'All these kids here, they know how to make something out of nothing.'

Studies have shown that two thirds of young people worry about money but get only eight per cent of their financial education from the classroom.

The Thrive scheme sees youth workers equipped to host workshops to improve the confidence of young people in dealing with their finances.

'A lot of kids are scared to go to a bank and that's not surprising because they don't teach you about money mindset at school.

'For those who grew up in the sort of area that I did, it's about what you don't have, rather than what you could achieve.

'The positive and empowering element doesn't register in their heads.

'It's not hard to reverse that but not many people are trying to change that.

'I know so many talented young people who could really benefit from a program like this, who could actually propel themselves into something much bigger and achieving their goals.'

Rashford was last year awarded a MBE by Prince William in recognition of his campaign to support vulnerable children during the pandemic.

Rashford was last year awarded a MBE by Prince William in recognition of his campaign to support vulnerable children during the pandemic

The forward has become a prolific anti-poverty campaigner over the last two years.

He has spoken about his own experiences of using food banks and free school meals and is also involved in boosting childhood literacy.

His efforts to accelerate free school meal provision in England during holidays pressured the government into major policy changes in 2020.

NatWest CEO Alison Rose told Rashford: 'You're mum's given you the framework, so that you know what to do, which is really powerful.

'We're in people's lives from the very beginning.

'If we can give people the tools to be economically secure and know what to do and not to see something to be frightened of, it can be empowering of their life rather than something that holds them back.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10707451/Marcus-Rashford-launches-scheme-help-youngsters-develop-positive-mindset-money.html
Old 03-05-2022, 03:44 PM   #420
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He's taken his eye off the ball... he's lost the hunger': Roy Keane warns Marcus Rashford he will be 'left behind' by Manchester United if he doesn't buck his ideas up, after being left on the bench against Brentford

* Manchester United beat Brentford 3-0 in the Premier League on Monday
* Out-of-sorts Marcus Rashford was an unused substitute at Old Trafford
* Roy Keane believes that the 24-year-old forward has lost his way at United

Marcus Rashford played no part in Manchester United's win over Brentford and Roy Keane had plenty of criticism for him following the game.

Rashford has had a season to forget, managing just five goals and seeing his starting opportunities limited.

He was once United's golden boy but there are now big questions over his future at Old Trafford.

Speaking after Monday's game, Keane said: 'Rashford has stopped running in behind. He's certainly short on confidence. We've seen his quality before but we've not seen it for a year or two now.

'He's taken his eye off the ball with all the off-the-field stuff, and that's why I keep an eye on my young players all the time. Rashford's been around for a few years now and he's got that experience, he's played international football.

'He doesn't mix his game up enough, he doesn't look like he's matured. We've seen a few games recently where, even when he's playing at Liverpool through the middle, he played like a child.

Marcus Rashford has had another disappointing season with Manchester United. Roy Keane says Rashford has been playing like as child who has lost his hunger

'He's not learned about the game. He's just drifting. He's lost the hunger – these young players get a lot of money and good luck to them but he's lost the eye of the tiger and he's struggling to get it back.

'Wherever Man United want to go, Marcus has been left behind. He's left out again tonight – he must be sitting on the bench thinking, "where has it all gone wrong?" He's got it back - he's shown it before - but sometimes, when you do lose it, it is hard to get it back.

'He's got to get the hunger back into his game and make runs like we've seen from young Elanga tonight. Players like him are a bit more innocent and hungry to succeed. Rashford has lost that bit of hunger, which is huge for a player. He's a talent but we're not seeing it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10776553/He-plays-like-child-Roy-Keane-criticises-Marcus-Rashford-says-lost-hunger.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 98
Aba_MaczUnited, AbdoelWhae, adnantsaqib69, adrieee, alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, alpben, and1, andi abdul, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, annetapitt5084, Ardiey11, Ardi_UIMOLT, asby_ansya, axlfaris, B4YU, bang_zak, bbobbyitta5057, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, braausasda9593, chincarito, Deddy Hernandez, der_emperor, dzulbeid, edhowin, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, fey777, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, Gothic, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hasyim arif, HenryRooney07, hombreng, id4y, ImranImoh30, jehnzhulze7993, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, Juni HW, kuncahyo dicky, lauraniza, Legolash, Lila, mfikri19, Muhammad Nizar, Muzen Sebastian, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, penk22_, Rean, Regasiqbal, Rendi Pardi, revald, reza willya, RH20, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, Rony_17, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, smile_boy, SR 7, Taufik_Liem, theater of dream, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, united7, Van_Munandar, victory II, wazza_ampuh, widhyraditya_, wira_ozora, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku, Zulfan