United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 30-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #1421
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Dimitar Ivanov Berbatov

Apa kabar Bro Berba ?

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2019, 09:09 AM   #1422
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

STOICHKOV: BERBATOV WAS A DECISIVE PLAYER FOR UNITED

Hristo Stoichkov has spoken glowingly about his fellow Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov during an exclusive interview with MUTV.

The legendary former Barcelona striker, who won the Ballon d’Or in 1994, was at the Aon Training Complex recently and was asked for his opinion on ex-Red Berbatov, who celebrates his 38th birthday on Wednesday.

”Dimitar was a player I really rated a lot,” Stoichkov told us. “I was with him in the national team. He’s a very humble, down-to-earth guy, a real fighter and someone who made history in Bulgarian football. He played for CSKA Sofia at a very young age, and then he moved to Bayer Leverkusen and then on to Tottenham. And then, of course, to United.

”Step by step, he gradually became a great player. For me, Dimitar was a role model for other young Bulgarian players - Stiliyan Petrov, Martin Petrov, Valeri Bojinov.

”That crop of youngsters who left to play in English football. I’m very happy because I have a really close friendship with Berbatov, Stiliyan and Martin Petrov, because I had those players when I was manager of the Bulgarian national side.

”It was easy for me to be with them, coach them and experience the good things in football with them.”

Berbatov was joint-leading scorer in the Premier League in 2010/11, when Sir Alex Ferguson’s side won the title. The classy forward’s 20 goals were matched by Manchester City’s former United man Carlos Tevez, ensuring the award was shared for the first time since 1998/99 when Treble hero Dwight Yorke netted 18 times, the same tally as Liverpool’s Michael Owen and Leeds United’s Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

“Berbatov was a really decisive player here,” added Stoichkov. “He was the English league’s leading scorer, he had the Golden Shoe didn’t he? Winning leagues and cups is really great.

“It’s really quite unique because he lives here, he has a house in Manchester and he’s a well-loved person and I have a lot of time for him.”

www.manutd.com
Old 21-03-2019, 06:56 AM   #1423
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WHAT DO ALI, SINATRA & BUSQUETS HAVE IN COMMON?

Dimitar Berbatov is among the coolest players in Reds history.

With that in mind, Inside United magazine asked the super-slick former Red to namecheck three people who he calls cool: a footballer, a non-footballer and another fellow sportsman.

As usual, Berba does it in his own way, combining two of the most iconic figures from the 20th century with the oft-unsung hero from our upcoming Champions League opponents, Barcelona.

Check out what Dimitar has to say…

THE FOOTBALLER: SERGIO BUSQUETS

“I try to be cool. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. In football terms, trying to remain calm, especially on the ball, is very important for me. These are the type of players I like.

“I like Sergio Busquets, for example. That guy can read the game better than anyone else. Three steps ahead of the opposition, three steps ahead of most of his team-mates – probably not Messi, but up there with him. Unbelievable. Tall as me, slim as me, not the quickest one, but always in the right place. He has that style that I like. Calm. People at the back of him? It doesn’t matter. He’s there, smooth movements. I heard they call him ‘octopus’ in Barcelona. He’s unbelievable, it’s a joy to watch him. Ok, sometimes it’s ugly as when you’re tall as me or him, sometimes your movement can make for funny angles. It doesn’t matter, it does the job. That’s why I like watching him.

“When I was playing I tried to do the same thing: smooth, anticipate the game, reading of the game, the ball is travelling towards me, I’m already watching where the other guy is, did he start to run, did he stand in one place accepting the ball, is someone attacking me from the back? All this stuff needs to be in your head, to anticipate. This becomes a style of play.

“Most important, be calm on the ball. I see players who are fighting with the ball, wrestling with the ball… don’t get me wrong, you need to have players like this, you need that mix because this kind of player will take the ball and pass it to you, and then you start to control. But for me it was always calm. Someone is coming? Remain calm. This is how I used to play. In football, calm is cool.”

THE FELLOW SPORTSMAN: MUHAMMAD ALI

“I have great memorabilia back home with pictures and quotes. I like him because he was backing up everything he was saying. Even when he was losing, he always made it look classy, funny, admitting what he was doing wrong. You cannot be like “haha, I told you,” with him. Ali just knew how to handle stuff. The way he was speaking, all the quotes he used to say, it was just entertainment, how you must be. But then he was backing everything up.

“I still watch some of the fight where he beat Foreman, the Rumble in the Jungle. The film they made after that, it showed you that he was using strategy, to stay on the ropes for eight rounds with Foreman, to get pounded like a bag, but you have your plan and you stick to it. You watch, as he is hitting you, you see how Foreman puffs and gruffs and then with three smooth movements, with style, he was on the floor. This is how Ali did it. This is how it must be done.”

THE NON-FOOTBALLER: FRANK SINATRA

“Outside football, I like Frank Sinatra, for example. Obvious reasons. Sinatra was so cool. When he goes on the stage with the cigar, the whisky, every time wearing the suit… the drinking, the old school, he has that aura. He was just oozing cool with that suit, he was great.”

www.manutd.com
Old 29-03-2019, 09:22 AM   #1424
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Dimitar Berbatov believes Virgil van Dijk could help Manchester United land £75m target Matthijs de Ligt

* Dimitar Berbatov has urged Manchester United to sign Ajax's Matthijs de Ligt
* The £75million defender is being pursued by a number of high-profile clubs
* The former United man believes Virgil van Dijk may be able to help them get him
* He said: 'He'll tell him about Premier League and that's a boost for English sides'

Dimitar Berbatov believes Virgil van Dijk may be able to assist Manchester United in signing Ajax's £75million-rated defender Matthijs de Ligt.

The 19-year-old is being chased by a number of high-profile clubs around Europe, including Liverpool and the two Manchester clubs.

de Ligt plays alongside van Dijk for the Holland national team and Berbatov believes that could open a door for one of the Premier League teams to swoop in.

Dimitar Berbatov believes Virgil van Dijk (R) could help Man United sign Matthijs de Ligt (L). Berbatov said van Dijk will encourage him to come the England which could favour United

'One player I would love to see at Old Trafford is Ajax defender, Matthijs de Ligt, although I know every big club in Europe is after him,' he told Betfair.

'I watched him play against Real Madrid and he looks the real deal - so confident and assured for a player of his age.

'Having his international team-mate Virgil Van Dijk already in the Premier League could be a boost for any English team chasing de Ligt.

'The Liverpool man will be telling him how good the league is and that can make a real difference to where you choose to go.'

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who was made permanent United boss on Thursday, has made it one of his priorities to bolster their defensive options in the summer.

As well as de Ligt, United are also considering a move for Napoli's Kalidou Koulibaly and Berbatov believes they are right to strengthen at the back.

The former United man added: 'In attack, with Rashford, Martial, Lukaku and Lingard, they have everything they need, but I think they need to focus on two areas; central defence and a central midfielder who can free up Paul Pogba to play in attacking areas.

'United have spent a lot of money in recent seasons, so they need to make sure they don't spend for spending's sake; they need to think carefully about what they need and choose wisely.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6862103/Dimitar-Berbatov-believes-Virgil-van-Dijk-help-Man-Utd-land-75m-target-Matthijs-Ligt.html
Old 28-04-2019, 07:11 AM   #1425
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Dimitar Berbatov fears former club Man Utd could become new Liverpool

EXCLUSIVE: Former Manchester United striker Berbatov admits United are a long way off winning the Premier League title

Dimitar Berbatov fears former club Manchester United could suffer the same long-term title torture as Liverpool if they don’t give Ole Gunnar Solskjaer backing.

Berbatov, the former Bulgarian striker who won the Premier League twice in four seasons under Sir Alex Ferguson, has called on Old Trafford bosses to allow Solskjaer to rebuild the club the way Ferguson did 30 years ago.

He believes the lure of Old Trafford is still strong – and hopes Solskjaer can find a rough diamond as Ferguson did buying Eric Cantona from Leeds in 1992.

He added: “ Manchester United are still Manchester United. If I was a player now, I would look at the club and think ‘that’s where I want to be.’

“I would want to be the guy who is going to turn it all around. I would want to be like Cantona.

“Of course, top players want to win trophies, but there are some clubs that also offer you the chance to be a legend. United are one of those clubs.

“I hope Ole can find a player like that, like Cantona.”

But if the right moves are not made, Berbatov says United could face decades of title pain – just like arch-rivals Liverpool.

He said: “I don’t think anyone associated with United thought the club would fail like this so quickly after Ferguson retired.

“It is now, what, six years without the title? And they are now so far behind Manchester City , Liverpool and even Tottenham that that I don’t see them being champions at the moment.

“Then it becomes eight, nine, 10 seasons and very quickly you will find yourself in the same position as Liverpool are now.

“That’s why United must give Ole the freedom to buy the players he needs and sell the players he doesn’t want at the club. Maybe there will be some pain, especially financially.

"But David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho all failed to win the title and the club have got into a bad habit of buying players without knowing how they will fit into the team.

“Can you imagine United not winning the title for 29 years? Probably not when you think of what they achieved not so long ago.

“But it is possible. Look what happened to Liverpool. They haven’t won the title since 1990. For every United fan, that is our worst nightmare.”

Berbatov, now aged 38, is studying for his own coaching badges and spent time with Solskjaer before the Manchester derby on Wednesday night.

United were beaten 2-0 by City – and he admits that the dynamic of the great Mancunian rivalry has changed in the 11 years since he snubbed the Blues to wear the famous red shirt.

He signed for United in August 2008 for £30.75million from Spurs – but only after Ferguson drove to Manchester Airport to pick him up after hearing City had a rival deadline-day bid accepted.

“I would make the same decision today,” said Berbatov, now an official ambassador for online gambling company Betfair.

“But I have to admit that I would have loved to have played for a team managed by Pep Guardiola.

“I think Pep is one of the great managers and the fact that he is at City shows how much the rivalry has changed.

“Back then, you didn’t say no to Manchester United – and I hope that’s still the case. But I do worry.

“If you are Gareth Bale leaving Real Madrid and there’s offers from United and Spurs, which club do you join if you want the big trophies in the next five years?”

www.mirror.co.uk
Old 09-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #1426
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Ditinggal Lukaku, MU Jangan Asal-asalan Beli Penggantinya
Yanu Arifin - detikSport

Manchester - Romelu Lukaku resmi meninggalkan Manchester United dan bergabung dengan Inter Milan. The Red Devils diminta jangan membeli penggantinya dengan asal.

Lukaku resmi meninggalkan MU dan pindah ke Inter pada Kamis (8/8/2019) atau di hari terakhir bursa transfer musim panas Liga Inggris. Nilai transfernya mencapai 65 juta euro atau sekitar Rp 1 triliun lebih.

Kepindahan Lukaku membuat MU kini hanya punya dua penyerang tengah yakni Marcus Rashford dan Mason Greenwood. Setan Merah dinilai harus mencari penyerang tengah top lagi agar bisa bersaing.

Mantan striker MU, Dimitar Berbatov berharap bekas klubnya tidak membuat pembelian atas dasar kepanikan, jelang ditutupnya bursa transfer. Tim besutan Ole Gunnar Solskjaer itu diminta jangan asal mencari Lukaku, yang mencetak 42 gol dari 96 laga selama dua musim bermain di Old Trafford.

"Saya pikir MU butuh satu rekrutan lagi, terutama setelah Romelu Lukaku pergi ke Inter Milan. Tapi, tim jangan pernah membeli pemain dengan panik dan harus membeli pemain yang memang sudah diincar," kata Berbatov, seperti dilansir Manchester Evening News.

Perginya Lukaku sendiri disesalkan Berbatov. Ia menilai, penyerang berusia 26 tahun itu dinilai diperlakukan tak adil oleh media dan penggemar.

"Saya menyesalkan melihat Lukaku pergi. Dia sudah dikritik oleh media dan fans," jelas Berbatov.

"Saya paham kenapa dia ingin pergi. Kita semua manusia biasa dan tidak menyenangkan jika menyelesaikan pertandingan dan membaca berita di media sosial atau di media jika anda payah. Anda berusaha yang terbaik di sesi latihan dan lapangan, tapi pada akhirnya jika tak sesuai, anda akan bilang, 'baik, saya akan mencobanya di tempat lain' Beberapa pemain justru mendapat pujian lebih dari yang lain."

"Lukaku baru dua musim di United. Musim terbaik saya datang di musim ketiga, ketika saya mencetak hat-trick ke gawang Liverpool dan merebut sepatu emas, saat meraih gelar di musim 2010/2011," ucap eks pemain asal Bulgaria itu.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:38 AM   #1427
Andi Istiabudi
manager

UTD UNSCRIPTED: MAYBE SIR ALEX IS WAITING FOR YOU...

When I was on the plane to Manchester, I was already wearing the red shirt. Well, in my mind, anyway.

Of course, it’s good to have other offers from other clubs, good to be wanted because it means you’ve been playing well, but I was already imagining playing with Giggs, Scholes and everyone else at United.

History for me is very important, for a club to have a history going back, to respect that history then you can have a future. And United had all these legendary football players. So, from the moment my agent first told me that United wanted me, there was only one result.

So we get to Manchester Airport, I’m walking and talking with my agent and then I look up and I see Sir Alex Ferguson is waiting for me.

I thought that I was going to have a heart attack.

What. The. F***.

I’m just a normal guy from a small country, and the manager of Manchester United – a few weeks after winning the Champions League – has come to personally meet me at the airport. He wants to sign me.

When you’re a kid, of course, you can’t dream of that moment. Especially when you’re growing up during communism in Bulgaria, like I did.

As a kid back home, I’d wake up at six in the morning and then go to queue for bread with my family. Except your family make it into a game for you, so you don’t actually know what is happening. First, your Dad is going to wait in the line, then your mother is going to change for him after an hour, then the biggest son – me – goes in, then the little sons go in. So we rotate to keep our place in the line, which was probably kilometres long, just waiting for bread. When it’s your turn, you wait alone. If you give your spot away, your bread is finished. You don’t eat.

Even when I grew up a bit and moved to the big city, to Sofia, to train, it wasn’t easy. You’re with four other boys sharing a room, and your parents are sending you jars of something to eat. Everybody puts their jars in the middle of the table and we go, ok, what have we got today? Then when those jars are finished, you’re like: what are we gonna eat today? So if you have any leftovers, you put the crumbs together because they are sticky, you roll it together to make it whole, put some butter or something on it and make something to eat. This is what made you bond together with your boys, with your team, and we won the junior title because we were so together with this.

These kind of things, you think back when you grow up, and yeah it was difficult time, but it makes you smile because you appreciate how it was and where you are now. They were such important lessons for me. That’s what I try to teach my daughters. They don’t have to queue for bread or make food from crumbs, but from time to time I make things difficult for them so they can see. You need to.

You know how I know?

You know how many football talents we used to have back home in Bulgaria? There were so many who were better than me. My father was a football player too, and when we would walk around he’d stop me and point people out to me.

“Dimitar, you see that guy?”

And he’d be looking at a homeless guy, or sometimes not as bad as that, but you’d look at who he was talking about and see somebody who had been battered so much by life.

“You know who this guy was? He was an unbelievable talent, he was so strong, he was destroying defences. You know what happened with him? He thought he was the big deal, he started drinking, betting, chasing women, didn’t have the right people around him, and you see where he is now. He was one of the best talents I saw, but now he has nothing.”

And as time passed, I grew up and I saw so many different people with the same fates. What they all had in common was that they had great talents, but had bad advice, made bad choices and ended up broke or worse. Then this is in your head constantly, even if you don’t want it to be there. It’s like a mechanism that makes you take the right decisions – not all the time, but most of the time you’re going to do the right thing. Even if you don’t know you’re doing it. I still remember that because it’s so true. They don’t have anyone next to them to say: ‘This is not the right way, over there is.’ You’re gonna suffer for a short while but then you’re going to succeed in the long run.

I remember the people I used to train with, partying after games… even partying before games.

'Berbs, let’s go. We only live once.'

I wasn’t big on that. Even now, I’m not. My goal was to become a good player. I need to achieve something, and this helps me a lot, especially with all these things in my head. I don’t want to end up on the street, I want to end up independent.

So I always worked hard. Even when I was so small, I would practice non-stop. I was constantly outside in front of my block, kicking the ball high and trying to control it. Nobody taught me about it, nobody told me to do that, I was just doing it, I don’t know why. I just thought it was interesting.

No phones, no Facebook, no Instagram. Just kick the ball.

“Berbs, come home, you need to eat.”

Go away, I don’t need to eat! I’m not hungry. So I would just kick the ball around. Even if no friends were around, I would just kick a ball around alone. You know how Brazilians master their touch on the beaches? I mastered mine on the tarmac.

We didn’t have artificial grounds to play on; we had rough tarmac in schools. The ball jumps high, you have to control it in some way, so it just becomes habit all the time. You don’t think about it. After a while you begin to appreciate it. That’s how you master your technique.

On those surfaces, by the way, if you fall down, your knees are bleeding, you’re crying. Nobody is paying attention to you. Nobody cares. We play football. Get up. You get up, continue, just bleed everywhere. So what?

You have one pair of shoes that have holes after a while, so because you cannot afford another pair you just tape them up, you continue. That’s how we east Europeans used to do it.

You just play, and if you want to succeed then you work and listen to the right people and live right. And then… I don’t know what it is, but sometimes, maybe the planets arrange in the right way for you.

Then maybe one day you’re signing for Manchester United.

Maybe Sir Alex Ferguson is waiting for you at an airport.

Now, that was such a crazy day, joining United. So, so crazy. All day, waiting for the call to see if you’re going, if you’re not going. In the end, it happened like in the movies: dramatic late entrance, sweating.

And then I’m sat there in the car with Ferguson.

It was so awkward and funny, but respectable and honourable to sit in the car, just travelling, and you’re thinking:

What do I say now? What do I need to say?

‘How are you? What is the weather like?’

I’m not big on conversation. Everybody who knows me knows that normally I don’t like small talk. How are you, blah, blah, blah… I’m straight to the point. So when you’re in a situation like this, it’s like... Okayyyy!

I look at my agent, give him a look. He gives me a look. We don’t know what to do.

But these memories now, they make me happy and smile, even if they were awkward at the time. Sir Alex was so nice. I noticed this when I had the luck to meet other successful managers, players and people in general; they have a quality that even if you’re really above other people in your profession in terms of success, it doesn’t stop you treating others with respect and attention.

With me, he just decided to go and meet me at the airport. This is what impressed me the most, probably. People like that, they try to elevate you and pull you into their world. This is a special thing.

So we went to sign the paperwork. I remember all the things being put in front of me to sign, and being hurried because we had to send it back to the Premier League to verify and everything.

Come on, come on, come onnnnn…

In the end, we got it done and you could see the joy in everybody. In me, in my agent – because he is like my second father to me – and in everybody in the room.

I was on top of the world.

My first training session, I was shy. Just so shy. Going to play with these guys that I admired and always wanted to play with, it was crazy. Sometimes this shyness can stop me or prevent me from being more open. I’m a very private guy, and you have other guys who might have been going along to their first training session like ‘What’s up, give me a high-five’, you know, like they’ve been there all their life, but I kept to myself, which I’ve been like all my life, just because I’m shy in moments or don’t know what to say in situations like this. But everybody was so nice and I was living my dreams. First training session, Ferguson, Giggsy, Ronaldo… everybody was there. I was dancing inside.

Everybody was different. Everybody can be better at something that the other player is not, and the other way around. For example, Giggsy was very professional in the way he carried himself. I’m watching him, going into his late-30s. What did he play until, 40? I’m like, ok Berbs, can we do that? Try at least. See what he’s doing. Yoga. You could see he was just so lean. The DNA can be part of this as well, but the way he was training, carrying himself, resting when he needed to rest, stretching after training, the way he was training: sometimes easy, sometimes he needed to push a bit more. Scholesy the same. Gaz as well. Then I have Ronaldo in my first year there going like crazy.

You need to pay attention to these things, at least if you want to try to be as good as the other players, because you need to be. Otherwise, in a dressing room full of big egos, personalities, winners, if you don’t try to be as professional as them, match their enthusiasm, their willingness to win, then it just won't happen for you.

Everyone in that team, in his position, in his way of seeing football, wanted to be the best. Everyone achieved different levels of success in their careers, some went straight to the top as Ronny did, others went a bit under there, but at least you can try. If you don’t do it, at least you tried your best to do it. Otherwise, what was the point? To be around these kinds of players, you get that winning mentality that you didn’t have before.

When you line up in the tunnel before the game, the stadium announcer at Old Trafford tells you all you need to know about that squad:

‘Ladies and gentlemen, the champions of England, the champions of Europe, the champions of the world…’

Goosebumps.

In that tunnel, you’re feeling on another level. Whoever the other team are, they are below that, and most of the time they know it. Even if you don’t look at them in the tunnel, you can see in your peripherals that they are already defeated. It’s over.

(It helps that you have Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs and all these players, of course!)

You start walking out onto the pitch, the announcer is still saying all these things and you look over at the other team. You might make eye contact with them and the look on your face just says:

Yeah, I know, guys. I know. That’s why I worked so hard!

My first year at the club, I won my first Premier League title. I was just like… oh my God. Jumping inside.

When I went home that night I jumped around for real because nobody could see me, with my medal, going around the house naked. I was so happy. But when I go in the dressing room after the game, I see Giggsy with his 110th medal or whatever, already saying:

‘Berbs, the next one is coming.’

We won the league a few minutes ago and already it’s forgotten!

I’m like… can I have five minutes, please? I’ve JUST won my first medal. You know, nothing special!

You could see that for them it was almost like something normal. Probably for me it would be the same after that many medals, but in that dressing room it was always about the next goal, the next cup, the next title, the next Champions League. This is what winners do. It was unbelievable.

For a Bulgarian guy like me, coming from a small country, I was so proud. I grew up during communism. I was not lucky enough to be born into a good infrastructure, good pitches, money for the infrastructure so I could stay in my country for the whole of my career. For me, coming to England is more difficult, but then achieving success is more sweet, you know? The difficult parts, overcoming them, made everything more sweet for me.

Again, being around these guys, it was unbelievable. Even if you don’t speak much, you just have to watch. If you wanna ask, you go ask them, they will give you advice. Or when they need to rough you up, they'll do that too because you need it from time to time. These are not kid games and this is not something to take personally; it’s always about the team because everybody wants to be a winner.

Look at Vida.

I was close to Vida because I was born close to the border with Macedonia, so for me, these countries – Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Croatia - we are all the same. I understand and I can speak the languages no problem. We are all brothers there.

It was so natural to have that good bond with him because I knew where he was coming from, I know at some point in his life what he was going through when that war in Serbia was raging, you know? So it’s good to have someone like this when you go to a different club, because he knows you on some level, you know him, you speak the same language as him, and he was always helpful. He was a good joker; his sense of humour was so funny. If you don’t know him then you’re gonna take it personally, but Vida was so funny. I still keep in touch with him, great guy.

Training against him every day, it wasn’t hard… it was a nightmare! You know you have teams and players you don’t wanna face? You see the opposition team and think to yourself:

Oh, not today. I’m not in the mood for this today.

Vida was one of those guys.

When I was with Spurs, he was always a nightmare. Then in training when I went to United, it was like war. It doesn’t matter who was against him – Ronny, Rooney, me – doesn’t matter. Everybody got kicked. Then when we played the games I was so relieved that he was in my team! He was always coming in after the game, bleeding, bump on the head, but you could see it was always for the team. He put his head there for the team.

So if success was extra sweet for me, I know it was the same for Vida. He’d been through the same as me and worse, growing up through a war. When you visit Serbia now, you still see the bullet holes in the big tower blocks. Vida was going through worse than I was, so for him it was even better to succeed.

You had players like me and Vida, the guys who had been at the club since they were kids and all other kinds of different personalities, but Sir Alex was able to speak with us all and motivate us all.

Sometimes in training he comes up, we’re warming up and stretching, and you see him going to players individually. Some days speaking with some players for two, three minutes, other days with other players, making them feel special in some way. Always you see how the players were reacting to the way he was speaking to them. This showed the quality of his psychology; that he could speak to every single person. You need to be different with everybody, with every football guy, because we have big egos, we’re all different, all spoilt in some way, so you have to know how to speak with everybody: gently with some, jokingly with others, more angry with some, and he has that approach where he can speak with everybody.

This is Sir Alex Ferguson. One million titles, one million more achievements in life, so you listen. You listen to what he says. This was so special, and football players like to be made to feel special. Even if it’s for five minutes, 10 minutes, make them feel part of the team, to see that you pay attention to them, even if they don’t play. He was very good, and the speeches he gave before games, the motivating speeches… sometimes it was like a movie. He’s going on about his life, saying how he started in the docks, his father and him, talking about all the people around the world who are not as lucky as us, and by the end of it you’re like…

Man, I’m going to f****** EAT someone out there!

So you’d go out there and give everything. It was the least I could do.

After all, he did pick me up from the airport!

www.manutd.com
Old 15-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #1428
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'People can go f*** themselves': Dimitar Berbatov hits out at his critics as former Manchester United star reflects on being 'an artist on the pitch'

* Dimitar Berbatov was regularly criticised for his style of play during his career
* Bulgarian legend was painted as a lazy footballer by his critics
* Former Manchester United and Tottenham striker has refuted those claims

Dimitar Berbatov has hit back at the critics who criticised his style of play.

The former Manchester United and Tottenham striker divided opinion during his time in England for his attitude and approach, rather than his skill with a ball at his feet.

But the Bulgarian declares he did not care for those criticisms.

Dimitar Berbatov has hit back at the critics who criticised his style of play in his playing days. Berbatov was painted as a lazy player during his time at Tottenham and Manchester United

'It is probably because I didn't play like Rooney or Tevez,' Berbatov told Goal.

'I didn't like that because I can show you six or seven current world-class players who run less than me back then. When you label something like that, it sticks. Even if it isn't true.

'People can go f*** themselves. People don't understand and try to look smart. I would check my stats after every game and I was running 10-11km every game. It doesn't make any difference for me. I was more bothered how I move and make space.'

He described his style as like being 'an artist on the pitch'.

'I didn't realise it in the beginning but it was really important for me to do something different. If you watch me, you won't fall asleep or switch the channel. It might be a small movement, detail, how I control the ball or flick the ball.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7571839/Dimitar-Berbatov-says-critics-f-k-themselves.html
Old 17-10-2019, 11:13 PM   #1429
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Bulan depan Berba main di Singapura nih bareng Sheringham dalam rangka Battle of Reds 2019...
Old 18-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #1430
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'They don't deserve to be there and they have brought shame on all of us': Dimitar Berbatov believes Bulgarian racists should be banned for life after sickening chants in England clash

* Dimitar Berbatov admits he is ashamed after racist chants from Bulgaria fans
* The nation's clash with England was marred by sickening incidents in Sofia
* Euro qualifier had to be halted twice after several England players were targeted
* And Berbatov has called for fans to be banned for life if guilty of racial abuse

Dimitar Berbatov has slammed Bulgarian fans who had racially abused England players on Monday and believes that those guilty should be banned from attending all sporting events for life.

Several of Gareth Southgate's men, including debutant Tyrone Mings, were subjected to disgusting chants from home supporters - and the game was temporarily halted twice after the abuse had been reported to UEFA officials.

And former Bulgaria international Berbatov believes that racists should receive lifetime bans after bringing 'shame' on the nation.

Dimitar Berbatov believes that racist Bulgarian supporters should receive lifetime bans

Speaking on Betfair's Football...Only Bettor podcast, the 38-year-old said: 'In every nation there are bad apples and bad people, this was the case in our stadium against England.

'There were people there who were only there to provoke, these people don't deserve to go to games and watch football, and for me they need to be banned for life, not just at football but all kinds of sport.

'I hope our government in Bulgaria does their job and bans them for life, they don't deserve to be there and they have brought shame on all of us.'

Berbatov's plea comes in the wake of the resignation of Borislav Mihaylov, president of the Bulgarian Football Association, and the emotional reaction from fellow legend Hristo Stoichkov on television when questioned about the incidents.

The ex-Bulgarian international admitted he was 'ashamed' after the sickening scenes in Sofia

As reported by The Times, spotters at the Vasil Levski Stadium also reported that at least 20 stewards and stadium staff removed their official bibs before racially abusing England's black players from the stands.

Campaigners have since called for UEFA to expel Bulgaria from Euro 2020 qualifying.

Berbatov, who scored 48 goals in 78 appearances on the international stage, admitted that football had become a secondary concern despite England's eventual 6-0 demolition of the Group A minnows because of the shameful scenes in Sofia.

He added: 'Because of them, we are only talking about the incidents of racism and not about the football, which has become secondary and it should not be like that.

'I am very ashamed of how these people can do this. It is also a problem in England, Italy and all around the world, these people should be banned for life. We need to stay together and fight against it because this is unacceptable.'

But Berbatov was also keen to stress that the sickening actions of individuals caught on camera abusing England's stars shouldn't be used to define the overall beliefs of his home country.

'I cannot accept the criticism that the whole of Bulgaria has received, 50 people cannot define a nation, we are not racists,' he said. 'I am a proud Bulgarian and I know that we are dealing with this straight away, and there will be severe justice. I hope that every country around the world is working on this issue, we are all in this together, let’s not divide.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7585771/Dimitar-Berbatov-believes-Bulgarian-racists-banned-life-shameful-chants.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 146
Aba_MaczUnited, ad13t, AdhiX, alfafianjihan, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, amed_aja, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, arymashuda, b4kul, bang_zak, beckz_on7, benatbenat, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, bucay deathbat, Bulma, christof_ww, cicit, climen_7, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhodoadrian, dibi, donal'nani'syafroni, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, Efri Loebay, endhy_cantona, f3bry, fadilbedil, fadnaticdevils, fajrinited, FauCAN7ONA, febza, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fikarsoegiharto, fikrirf, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, goodfron, h-ANG, hairos, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, hzent, iamsetia, icalace, id4y, ing areese, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irfi_1, irhamutd, jaxians, jifortin, jonajoni, kaikai, kingherooney, King_Cantona, llvfe444, MadeForGlory, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, neoradtz, Nickz09, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, penk22_, pukimax, Rean, red, Red Stain, Redsbusby, red_girl_mia, Rendi Pardi, revald, reza willya, Rhw, rio vander vidic, Rizana, rizluq, ronysnaja, ruffy3rd, scholesy18, scratch, sepatu_ancur, seven7, smile_boy, SR 7, tamiCarrick, taz_devil_utd, teha, teukurevi5, theater of dream, tienli80, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, Triguna Wibawa, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, ukie, UNITED1878, united7, unromantic_dio, VaDLi, vanquish, Van_Munandar, Victory, VitaChicharito, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, waynehanks, Wengge Schmeichel, whoami, wimastio.aryo, wira_ozora, zeavhere, zudomiriku