United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 01-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott McTominay

Scott McTominay is a rookie midfielder in the Jose Mourinho mould... he plays for the Manchester United team rather than for himself

* Scott McTominay was handed a surprise start by Jose Mourinho on Tuesday
* The Manchester United youngster played his part in 2-0 win over Benfica
* The 20-year-old seemed unphased by playing under the Old Trafford lights

Seasoned Manchester United-watchers who have watched Scott McTominay come through the ranks describe him as a big, strong lad who will run willingly, but of limited technical ability compared to the silky-smooth players that modern-day Premier League academies produce these days.

Some managers would be put off by that – but not Jose Mourinho.

With Paul Pogba and Marouane Fellaini out, he views 20-year-old McTominay as an identikit replacement, and the youngster didn't let him down against Benfica on Tuesday night with a neat, tidy and disciplined performance in United's engine room.

It was also revealing that the manager – who likes his players to be physically robust – considered the kid tough enough to be sent out for the second half having been clattered by two Portuguese defenders either side of him.

McTominay's displayed was far more mature than his CV would have suggested.

It was just his sixth senior appearance, only his third start, and his only previous experience in Europe had been 60 seconds as a late substitute away to Benfica.

The 20-year-old was making only his sixth senior appearance on Tuesday night. Jose Mourinho handed the midfielder a surprise start in the 2-0 win over Benfica. Jose Mourinho will be pleased with what he saw from his young midfield player on Tuesday

No worries. The 6ft 4ins defensive midfielder from Lancaster carried out his manager's instructions to the book, choose the simple option on the ball, go sideways and backwards if you have to, keep the pattern of play going rather than risk losing possession.

In other words, provide stability with Nemanja Matic, while Jesse Lingard, Anthony Martial and Juan Mata could work their flair and imagination further up the field.

McTominay won the ball back seven times for his team in the first half – more than any other player.

His ability to read the game also led to a couple of promising Benfica moves coming unstuck because he was in the right place at the right time.

Most impressive of all was that he didn't seem phased under the floodlights of Old Trafford, the so-called Theatre of Dreams.

Darren Fletcher started conservatively in his United career when he played alongside Ryan Giggs, David Beckham and Rio Ferdinand, and he ended up an important and popular member of the squad.

Mourinho had praised McTominay when United beat Swansea City 2-0 in the Carabao Cup in south Wales.

He likes his players to be tough - remember the spat over Eden Hazard and the doctor at Chelsea – so it was a test when McTominay had to leave the field after 44 minutes for treatment after being caught by Ljubomir Fejsa.

But when Mourinho made a half-time change it was Henrikh Mkhitaryan for Jesse Lingard – McTominay remained, test passed with flying colours.

Having eased himself into the game, and United buoyed by a lucky own goal when Juan Mata's shot deflected off the post and Benfica's young goalie Mile Svilar to score – McTominay had the confidence to play more forward balls in the second half, but nothing too ambitious for his manager or to upset the team shape.

He demanded the ball off Matic more frequently, chipped a more ambitious pass to Eric Bailly, threaded a through-ball for Martial which nearly led to the second goal, and then got into the penalty area himself and nearly added United's second, which eventually came from a Daley Blind spot-kick.

McTominay won't ever get the United fans off their seats like Eric Cantona or Marcus Rashford. But for Mourinho, he'll do very nicely indeed.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5037175/Man-United-rookie-Scott-McTominay-Jose-Mourinho-mould.html
Old 03-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MATIC HEAPS PRAISE ON MCTOMINAY

Nemanja Matic reserved special praise for the performance of fellow midfielder Scott McTominay after Manchester United's UEFA Champions League victory over Benfica on Tuesday night.

McTominay, who has been at the club since the age of five and recently signed a new deal, made his full home debut and first Champions League start as the Reds won 2-0 at Old Trafford to edge closer to qualification for the knockout stages of Europe's elite competition.

Matic, who played his part in the first goal when his shot hit the post and went in off Benfica keeper Mile Svilar before Daley Blind's penalty wrapped up the three points, said he enjoyed playing alongside the 20-year-old and feels he has a big future ahead at United.

“I think Scott is going to be a great player and already is a great player,” the Serbian told MUTV. “He’s very young, very talented and physically strong. I’m sure he is the future of Manchester United and I enjoy playing with him because he also works really hard and is very confident.

“I'm going to help him in training because I think with his potential he’s going to be a big star for Manchester United.”

McTominay, who made his Champions League debut as a late substitute in the win over Benfica in Lisbon a fortnight ago, delivered another composed performance in the centre of the park alongside the experienced Matic, following up an impressive display against Swansea City in the Carabao Cup last week.

He described being involved on a big European night at the Theatre of Dreams for the first time as fulfilling “a dream” and was pleased to get an important win, which leaves the Reds needing just one point from the final two Group A matches to qualify for the Round of 16.

McTominay told BT Sport after the game: “Obviously as a young boy growing up at United, you dream of playing in the Champions League for the team and to get my full start was a dream for me and I’m just made up we’ve got the three points and a clean sheet.

“Obviously after all of those years growing up in the Academy and watching the first-team players and learning from them, these nights are brilliant.”

Club captain Michael Carrick shared Matic’s happiness over McTominay’s inclusion and performance. The midfielder tweeted: “Good win tonight and great to see McTominay make his 1st Champions League start. It’s what this club is about #MUFC .”

Jose Mourinho also gave credit to McTominay after handing him his big opportunity, commenting: “Even more fantastic with a manager who never gives a chance to a young guy. I’m very happy for him, [he has] great stability and great personality.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #23
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Scott McTominay, calon pemain masa depan United.
Semoga terus berkembang. Amin.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #24
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Semoga kedepannya bisa tampil reguler di tim utama...

MCTOMINAY: I'M ALWAYS LEARNING

Scott McTominay says his development as a first-team player at Manchester United never stops – even when he’s not on the pitch.

The young midfielder has come of age since being promoted to Jose Mourinho’s squad this term, following his promising debut away at Arsenal at the end of last season.

McTominay, who turned 21 last week, has made six appearances so far this term – playing 90 minutes in three different competitions as well as three outings as a substitute.

He impressed once again, particularly in the second half, when making his first Premier League start of the season in Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Bournemouth – earning praise from Mourinho afterwards and was among the nominations for the club’s Man of the Match award.

Speaking to MUTV ahead of Sunday’s game away to West Bromwich Albion, McTominay feels that he is learning all the time from his fellow midfielders both on and off the pitch.

“Even when I don’t play, it’s so important to watch the likes of Nemanja Matic, Paul Pogba, Ander Herrera and Michael Carrick – people who play in my position – and study everything that they do on the pitch,” he said.

“Then, whenever you go out on the pitch, you need to emulate that and be yourself on the pitch. I thought I was doing that the other night [against Bournemouth] and, as I say, I just want to progress from here and go into the second half of the season really strong.”

On the different qualities of his team-mates, he commented: “There are lots of different styles of play and there are a lot of attacking and defensive players so that’s a really good balance to have in the team and it means the manager has some good options.”

As we head into the busy festive period, the Reds are approaching the midway point of the season and, although McTominay admits it’s been a difficult challenge to acclimatise to a new environment, he feels it’s been a great first half of the campaign for him from a personal perspective.

“Personally I would say it’s obviously been tough coming into the new group and learning the way around it but it’s also been one of the most invaluable experiences that I’ve had, coming in and training with these guys every day and getting the bits of game time that I’ve had.

“I’ve played three matches now from the start and I’ve also appeared in a few other games as well, so you just have to take it in your stride – that’s the main thing for me. Take it in my stride and keep pushing forward and working hard.”

The trip to The Hawthorns represents the start of three consecutive away games in the space of six days for the Reds – with the Carabao Cup quarter-final against Championship high-fliers Bristol City to come in midweek before next Saturday’s clash at in-form Leicester City.

But McTominay feels United can take inspiration from a similar run a couple of weeks ago, when the team overcame two tricky tests on the road at Watford and Arsenal in four days by claiming six points.

“I think we proved that when we went away to Watford and then away to Arsenal – two long away trips in a week and we managed to win,” he said.

“I think the squad is big enough and can handle these situations. Obviously we’ve had a positive record at home, and away from home we need to keep going and see where it can take us come the end of the season.”

The Reds returned to winning ways against Bournemouth in midweek after last weekend’s derby defeat to maintain the pressure on leaders Manchester City. Although the gap between the teams currently stands at 11 points, McTominay insists it’s not in the club’s DNA to give up without a fight and the team will continue to stay hot on the heels of Pep Guardiola’s side.

“That’s the main thing – keeping the pressure on, keep plugging away. We can only use that result [against Manchester City] as motivation for the end of the season and where we want to be.

"We want to be challenging at the top and we won’t give up. We’re Man United and we never will do, that’s the philosophy of the club – to keep going right until the end and that’s what we are going to do.”

www.manutd.com
Old 04-02-2018, 02:24 AM   #25
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Calon bintang masa depan United nih

MOURINHO: MCTOMINAY WAS KEY TO VICTORY

Jose Mourinho was delighted by the performance of Scott McTominay in Saturday’s win over Huddersfield Town, declaring the midfielder’s drive and desire were crucial to the 2-0 success.

McTominay made his second Premier League start of the campaign alongside Nemanja Matic, with Paul Pogba later coming off the substitutes’ bench to help see out the victory, which was secured with goals from Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, who won the Man of the Match award on his home debut.

The decision to name McTominay in place of Pogba, in one of four changes to the side that lost to Tottenham Hotspur in midweek, was brought up at Mourinho’s post-match press conference but the manager felt the 21-year-old more than repaid that faith.

“Scott started a little bit nervously but he grew up with the game; I think he was fundamental for us in the way he gave us that desire to recover the ball," the boss said.

"I changed a few players, thinking about the characteristic of this game. The intention was not to punish anyone; to punish someone, I also need someone to punish me because we are a team. When we win, we win together and when we lose, we lose together. I always try to do the best for the team in any moment.

"Scott was a little kid who arrived here at nine years old with his mum for his first training session; 10 or 11 years after, the kid is playing in a Manchester United shirt in an important match in the Premier League at Old Trafford.

"He has a great desire to recover the ball. When the team was not in possession, he was key to chasing the ball higher up the pitch and when the team had the ball, he played always simple. And, against opponents like Huddersfield, who are so close with so many men behind the ball, simplicity sometimes is genius. If you don’t have space, you have to open spaces by playing simple.

"Paul had a great attitude when he came on, with the spaces we had at that time, because we were winning 1-0 and he could show his talent and qualities. He is one of the most talented midfield players in the world and to sit on the bench for one day is not the end of the world."

www.manutd.com
Old 04-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #26
wira_ozora
first team
To Old Trafford,,To See United

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
wira_ozora has a spectacular aura aboutwira_ozora has a spectacular aura about
Visit wira_ozora's Twitter

Puas bgd liat perform Scotty tadi malam...solid bgd di tengah berduet sama Matic. Dari awal musim ane udah terkesan sama perform Scott,,menurut ane Scott bisa jadi solusi sebagai "orang ketiga" di lini tengah ketika MU kalah telak ball possesion ky waktu lawan Chelsea di SB. Mudah2'an konsisten sampai akhir musim...bisa bawa MU juara FA Cup n UCL.
wira_ozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #27
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wira_ozora View Post
Puas bgd liat perform Scotty tadi malam...solid bgd di tengah berduet sama Matic. Dari awal musim ane udah terkesan sama perform Scott,,menurut ane Scott bisa jadi solusi sebagai "orang ketiga" di lini tengah ketika MU kalah telak ball possesion ky waktu lawan Chelsea di SB. Mudah2'an konsisten sampai akhir musim...bisa bawa MU juara FA Cup n UCL.
Berharap semoga saja nasibnya tidak seperti Adnan Januzaj yang sempat digadang-gadang sebagai calon bintang masa depan United eeh ternyata kemudian malah meredup dan hanya tinggal kenangan. Semoga Mourinho memberikan lebih banyak kesempatan dan kepercayaan untuk McTominay
Old 05-02-2018, 11:07 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United youngster Scott McTominay grew 10 inches in 18 months and lists Marcus Rashford as an inspiration... but what else is there to know about the midfielder?

* Jose Mourinho put trust in young Scott McTominay — at Paul Pogba's expense
* McTominay was handed a start in Manchester United's win over Huddersfield
* A growth spurt saw the midfielder go from 5ft 6in to 6ft 4in in 18 months
* Joined United aged five and was in same Under 16s side as Marcus Rashford

Scott McTominay was handed a surprise start in Manchester United's victory over Huddersfield on Saturday.

The 21-year-old had an action-packed first half and was unfortunate not to win a penalty when he was was poleaxed by Terence Kongolo in the box.

Here, Sportsmail gives you the lowdown on the lad who grew 10 inches in 18 months and is eligible for England and Scotland.

Scott McTominay was handed a start in Manchester United's home match with Huddersfield. McTominay was flattened when defender Terence Kongolo planted a shoulder in his jaw

Where has he come from?

McTominay joined United aged five and was in the same Under 16s side as Marcus Rashford. He has been used as an auxiliary centre forward — like Marouane Fellaini —but the club sees the 21-year-old as a box-to-box midfielder.

What is his style?

A growth spurt during his academy days saw McTominay go from 5ft 6in to 6ft 4in in 18 months. He became 'relentless' in the gym to build strength and now his ability to protect the ball is one of his biggest assets.

McTominay joined United aged five and was in the same Under 16s side as Marcus Rashford

So is he a future Scotland star?

Despite his Scottish accent, McTominay was born in England. He has attended training camps with Scotland's youth sides and said last year: 'I'm probably more Scottish than I am English.' He is yet to be capped at full national level, so is still eligible for both countries.

What's his highlight so far?

He is an Under 21 title winner, but McTominay's career highlight so far was surely coming on as a substitute for United's senior side against Arsenal in May. It was his debut with 60,055 fans watching at the Emirates Stadium. He lists Rashford's breakthrough as an inspiration to him.

McTominay came on as a substitute for Man United's senior side against Arsenal in May

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5350963/Scott-McTominay-grew-10-inches-18-months.html
Old 05-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #29
Rean
jadikan sederhana..

Thanked 2,321 Times in 872 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Rean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond reputeRean has a reputation beyond repute

Visit Rean's Twitter RyanAniestyo

penampilan yg kemarin cukup menjanjikan lahhh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:34 PM   #30
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Yap..ane juga setuju
Penampilan Scott McTominay vs Hud cukup menjanjikan dan menunjukkan bahwa di United saat ini ada seorang pemain tengah muda yang bertalenta.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 27
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, chincarito, endhy_cantona, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, id4y, ivanzferdinand, Jodirama, penk22_, Rean, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, weelblack, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yogiromadhona, zudomiriku