United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 22-12-2022, 08:52 AM   #431
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ander Herrera Agüera

'A teacher, a legend… and a s***house!': Ander Herrera reveals all about his Man United bosses, hailing Mourinho's must-win attitude but admitting it 'wasn't easy' for Solskjaer to instill Fergie's style

* Former Man United star Ander Herrera has opened up about his time at the club
* The Spaniard played under three different managers while at Old Trafford
* He said Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tried to recreate Sir Alex Ferguson's 'philosophy'
* The midfielder claimed Jose Mourinho instilled a must-win ethic in the players
* He also likened Louis van Gaal to a 'teacher sometimes for young players'

Ex-Man United star Ander Herrera has labelled former coaches Louis van Gaal, Ole Gunner Solskjaer and Jose Mourinho as 'a teacher', 'a legend' and 'a s***house'.

The Spanish midfielder has recently opened up about his stint at Old Trafford and even broke down in tears when describing his 'painful' exit from the club.

His latest recollections serve as a testament to the three coaches that took charge of United during his time at the club, as the former R

Ander Herrera reflected on his three of his former coaches whilst at Manchester United. The Spaniard claimed that Ole Gunnar Solkjaer (left) remains a 'legend' of Manchester United

Speaking to the UTD Podcast, Herrera spoke on all three managers but started by discussing current Holland boss; Louis van Gaal.

The 33-year-old said: 'Very different managers. Van Gaal I can say, positional game coach, like a teacher sometimes for young players.

'He told me a few times, 'why do you move all the time?' and I was used to it. I had come from a couple of managers where it was the player who moves.

'But after a couple of months, I got used to it. We won the FA Cup, we qualified for the Champions League and I improved. I learned a lot from him.'

Herrera thrived in van Gaal's United system and helped contribute 13 goals and 12 assists in 72 appearances under the Dutch manager.

Herrera (R) insists it took time to adjust to van Gaal's philosophy but claimed he enjoyed it. Louis van Gaal spent two years in charge of Manchester United before getting dismissed

Moving on to Jose Mourinho, Herrera praised the Portuguese coach and claimed he instilled a must-win attitude among the United players.

'He is one of the greatest managers of all time. One of the most successful managers of all time. He discovered a new position for me, he made me a more defensive midfielder.

'That was more counter-attack football, a counter-attack team, but after that, at the end of the season, we won three trophies and qualified for the Champions League. It is not bad.

'Mourinho, a s***house coach [laughs]. It doesn't matter what you have to do to win, I just want to win, and we won.'

Herrera played an integral role in Mourinho's United team and was involved in their Community Shield, the Europa League and League Cup successes in 2016/17.

Herrera (R) heaped praise on Jose Mourinho's must-win attitude he brought to Man United. United's most recent trophy came during Mourinho's tenure when they won the Europa League

On his final coach - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - the Spaniard showered him in praise and labelled the Norwegian a 'legend' of Old Trafford.

'He is one of the best people I have met in football. He was a legend but he was so humble to have a relationship with the players,' Herrera said.

'For his work at the club, he didn't have the credit he deserves, honestly, or he didn't have the success that he deserved, because he was doing a great job at the club.

'He believed so much in Sir Alex Ferguson’s philosophy and he wanted to bring that philosophy back to the club, but it was not easy. The players were different, the moment was different, football was different.'

Herrera was a prominent feature in Solsjkaer's United side before leaving the club to join PSG on a free transfer in the summer of 2019.

Herrera was a key feature for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer during the Norwegian's time at United. Herrera claimed Solskjaer believed in Sir Alex Ferguson's (right) Man United philosophy

The 33-year-old has now returned to Spain to play for Athletic Bilbao on loan - the club where he was initially signed from to join Manchester United.

Herrera broke down in tears when discussing his departure from former club Manchester United, claiming that he expected more from the club.

Herrera has revealed that he found his exit from United 'painful' as he had been expecting an offer from he club to extend his stay with the Red Devils, which coincided with FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Europa League wins.

Instead, he moved to France where he won two Ligue 1 titles, two Coupe de France's and one Champions League runners-up medal before his loan move to Spain.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11561573/A-teacher-legend-s-house-Ander-Herrera-compares-three-Man-United-coaches.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 158
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, adhe united macz, adhie21, AdhiX, adnan44, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andrio_iyo, andrydjemb4, ANGGAHERRERA, Ardiey11, arik_, asririzky, ayahocta, azisfirdaus, bang_zak, beckz_on7, Bengzimare, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, bombom, braausasda9593, bucay deathbat, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, cyan91, DeE_, delongedee, Dhanny09, dhanz77, dhodoadrian, ebol, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, Elpiji, endhy_cantona, Erwin_UIPARE2, eyeofday, Fajar_, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fickarardana, finza_13, franky winata, fredrian.seven, Fuad quintana, Garuda20, GeaErang, ghopoereds, ghostman, gindalubis, goodfron, goodmin, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, HenryRooney07, hetims, hombreng, iblismerah, icalace, icebreaker, id4y, irfan_thered, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, jifortin, jojo poenya, Juni HW, kagawa26, King_Cantona, Lang25, larukuga, loveUNITED, LUKIwae, matthewsamad, mbah mangun, Michael10, mochies5, mousetrap, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, noerdiana 11, normansyahrizal, oldark, Om Juna, Ompiter, Oom Panda, paiman, PatrickSquare, penk22_, Rean, Red Army, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, robby7beckham, ronald hars, ronysnaja, roodee_UID, Roronoa Rooney, RPM, salimin, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, syafrudhyn MU, t10 CR, tasho, toenjq, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, wakhid ronaldo, wira_ozora, Wisnu Edwards, word89vkodv, xkeiszglf34, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, Zhacc20, zudomiriku