United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 07-04-2016, 09:35 PM   #21
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Timothy Fosu-Mensah

Lihat video analisanya disini

Fortune analyses Fosu-Mensah display

Tim Fosu-Mensah’s influential display in Manchester United's 1-0 win against Everton was a key talking point on MUTV’s Big Match Debrief programme this week.

Former Reds winger Quinton Fortune joined presenter Mark Sullivan in the studio and was full of praise for the Dutchman, who replaced Marcos Rojo at half-time to make his fifth first-team appearance this season.

The 18-year-old started the second half at right-back but finished it at centre-back and made key contributions at both ends of the pitch, charging forward to cross for Anthony Martial’s winner before making a vital late clearance from Seamus Coleman’s cross to preserve United’s lead.

Fortune said: "The clearance is obviously brilliant but what I like here is he's always looking where his man is. Some defenders tend to just focus on the ball but Tim has that awareness.

"He had a great impact after he came on and him being positive led to the goal. But he's done well in every game he's played for us. I'd like to see him get a starting position but that's up to the manager."

Louis van Gaal was also impressed by Fosu-Mensah’s performance, saying after the game: "He did fantastically. I saw there was some space on the right side and I told Timothy he had to take advantage of that.

"When the player does that, it’s a bit of luck for the manager, so every credit is for Timothy and not for the manager."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2016/Apr/Big-match-debrief-quinton-fortune-praises-tim-fosu-mensah-manchester-united-everton.aspx

Last edited by penk22_; 07-04-2016 at 09:39 PM..
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #22
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Timothy Fosu-Mensah tipped to become Manchester United’s very own David Alaba

Manchester United youngster Timothy Fosu-Mensah could be the Red Devils’ equivalent of Bayern Munich star David Alaba, according to Squawka Dave.

The 18-year-old Dutchman came off the bench at half-time in place of Marcos Rojo and played a key role in helping United secure a 1-0 win by providing an inch-perfect pass for Anthony Martial’s goal in the second-half.

Fosu-Mensah, a former Ajax academy prospect, featured at right-back during his 45-minute outing at Old Trafford at the weekend and while Squawka Dave believes he can flourish in a number of positions, he thinks he could establish himself initially at right-back.

Speaking on his Full Time Review show Full Time Devils, Squawka Dave said: “Fosu-Mensah is a player that can play a number of positions, but I feel right-back could be how he can get into the Manchester United team and hold on to a starting shirt.

“We’ve seen this season our right-backs have been poor going forward. It’s been very narrow which means everything has gone down one side and it is easy to defend against but Timmy showed for the goal that he’s got that composure to get into the penalty area, play a ball across goal and create the only goal of the game.”

The Netherlands Under-19 international has featured in a number of positions for United’s Under-21 side, including in either full-back position, at centre-back or in central midfield.

Fosu-Mensah’s assist for Martial’s match-winner at the weekend.

His ability to fulfil a number of different roles effectively could be extremely useful to the Red Devils in the future and Squawka Dave likened his versatility to that of Bayern’s Alaba, who has excelled all over the pitch for the Bavarian side this term.

“He can definitely be a solid starter for United in years to come, right-back is a place where he is going to be playing until he hits a certain age, get that experience in the first-team at right back,” he said.

“Look at someone like David Alaba, a player that can play in central midfield, attacking midfield, at left back, that’s what I can see Fosu-Mensah being, a very fluid player.”

Only Xabi Alonso has completed more passes in the Bundesliga than David Alaba this term.

Fosu-Mensah, who joined United from Ajax in 2014, has impressed in his four first-team appearances for the club so far and will be looking to cement his place in the side from now until the end of the season.

Code:
http://www.squawka.com/news/timothy-fosu-mensah-tipped-to-be-manchester-uniteds-very-own-david-alaba/636316
Old 13-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #23
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United’s Timothy Fosu-Mensah: A Swiss Army Knife of Untapped Potential

[url=http://postimage.org/]/url]

Who’d have thought it, huh? Hundreds of millions of pounds spent over the course of four transfer windows under Louis van Gaal, and yet on Sunday afternoon, the glue holding Manchester United’s defence together was 18-year-old Timothy Fosu-Mensah.

For 68 minutes he was brilliant, keeping the two-headed monster of Danny Rose and Christian Eriksen at bay despite playing out of position at right-back. He man-marked the Dane to some extent and followed him centrally to ensure he couldn’t dictate play, then would zip back across to right-back and put in a precise challenge to stop anyone using the space he’d left.

It was, by all accounts, absolutely astonishing. To see someone making their first start and fulfilling such a complex tactical role with aplomb, against two of this season’s best players and this season’s second-best team, was so surprising, it ensured Fosu-Mensah’s brilliance was the major talking point from a game Manchester United lost 3-0 at White Hart Lane.

Over the last few weeks, be it via cameo or half-time introduction, Fosu-Mensah has played in both full-back positions for the Red Devils—but not in his natural position of centre-back. He was also moved to defensive midfield for the Under-18s this season likely because of his threat shuttling forward with the ball.

This essentially makes him a Swiss army knife of untapped potential; given his natural comfort at the senior level no matter the position, he represents mouldable clay in an astute manager’s hands.

Regular watchers of United’s youth team will have been aware of Fosu-Mensah’s potential for some time. Since signing from Ajax in 2014, he’s earned rave reviews whilst under Nicky Butt’s tutelage. He, Andreas Pereira and James Wilson were seen as the trio of starlets who could really make a splash should they be given a chance.

Fortunes have differed for all three, with Louis van Gaal seemingly extremely unwilling to trust Wilson, who was loaned to Brighton despite United clearly being striker-needy at the time, or Pereira, who makes the bench for most games but rarely gets a kick. It’s arguable Fosu-Mensah wouldn’t have been trusted either had it not been for yet another crippling slew of injuries, but he was given his chance, and boy did he take it.

“He did his job very well but he is injured and he has to go out, and that’s a pity for the team,” Van Gaal told The Manchester Evening News after the game. He tempered his praise of the Dutchman in part to try not to throw Matteo Darmian into the bear pit—the Italian replaced Fosu-Mensah on 68 minutes, and six minutes later United were three down courtesy of three goals from his flank—but the performance was enough for him to become the talk of the town.

Fosu-Mensah has the physical traits to succeed in the Premier League, no doubt, but on Sunday what impressed the most was his tactical acumen. Eriksen tried to drag him around to create space for Rose to attack Juan Mata on the flank but he didn’t manage it. Everywhere he went Fosu-Mensah was there to stifle him, and even if he did drag him across, the Dutchman would re-materialise on the flank seconds later to stymie the danger.

That Rose barely got into any good crossing positions in the 68 minutes Fosu-Mensah was there is testament to an incredible performance. There’s only one other player who has managed to fully prevent Rose from playing well this season, and that was West Ham’s Michail Antonio while playing as a wing-back.

It’s important to slam on the breaks when projecting Fosu-Mensah’s career and ability as this single glowing showing will have many fans prematurely starry eyed, but it’s impossible to deny that there have been few early performances like it. Earmarked as a future hero from the moment he arrived from Ajax in 2014, the Dutchman has taken one large formative step to making hopes a reality.

Code:
http://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/manchester-uniteds-timothy-fosu-mensah-a-swiss-army-knife-of-untapped-potential
Old 15-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #24
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

Fosu-Mensah: Seniors steered us through

One of Manchester United's feted young players feels it was the older heads who provided the platform for Wednesday's Emirates FA Cup win at West Ham United.

Tim Fosu-Mensah produced another accomplished display, performing in both full-back roles over the course of the 90 minutes, as the Reds triumphed 2-1 in the last-ever cup tie at Upton Park. The 18-year-old was a doubt beforehand after being forced off the pitch in Sunday's defeat to Tottenham Hotspur but he showed no ill effects with another fine example of his huge potential.

His fellow teenager Marcus Rashford made the back-page headlines with a stunning strike to open the scoring, while Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard also caused problems for the home defence. Yet Fosu-Mensah was quick to praise goalkeeper David De Gea and the calming influence of three senior outfield players, particularly during a nerve-wracking finale when James Tomkins pulled a goal back for the Hammers and Cheikhou Kouyate had an effort disallowed.

Fosu-Mensah told ManUtd.com: "I think players like Michael Carrick, Daley Blind and Chris Smalling kept the team together in order to win this match. It was very important because they give confidence to everyone on the pitch.

"David is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, maybe the best. It’s very good to have a goalkeeper like that in your team. He can save you points or save you in the cup. I saw Kouyate score and thought ‘No, no’ but then I saw the linesman’s flag so I was relieved it was offside."

He added: "It was a very big game and a great win. I’m happy we won this game and that we can go to Wembley for the semi-finals. It’s very special because it was a huge occasion. I’ve not really faced an atmosphere like that but I’m getting used to it more and more. It’s great for my development to obtain such experience."

United's medical team were also commended by the young Dutch defender, who was arguably the Reds' best player in the previous match at Tottenham before he had to leave the field with head physiotherapist Neil Hough.

"I think the physios did a very good job to get me fit and I played 90 minutes so I’m happy," said Fosu-Mensah. "I went from right-back to left-back and I do my best in every position and just do what I can for the team."

Fosu-Mensah will naturally hope to be involved when United meet Everton at Wembley in the semi-final on 23 April but Aston Villa’s visit to Old Trafford in the Barclays Premier League is the next match on the club’s agenda.

"The semi-final will be very special,” he added. “It’s a very big match and a nice stadium so I’m looking forward to it. But we have another game on Saturday and we just have to do what we always do – try to win the game. It’s important we focus on Aston Villa now."
Old 15-04-2016, 02:20 PM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Martin Keown reacts to Timothy Fosu-Mensah’s Man Utd displays

Martin Keown discusses Timothy Fosu-Mensah's recent performances for Manchester United

Martin Keown has admitted that he has been impressed by what he has seen from Timothy Fosu-Mensah’s performances for Manchester United in recent weeks.

The 18-year-old defender has earned plenty of new admirers for his assured displays since being drafted into the Red Devils first team by Louis van Gaal in recent weeks.

Fosu-Mensah impressed again as Manchester United beat West Ham 2-1 on Wednesday night to book their place in the semi-finals of the FA Cup.

The teenager has made six Premier League appearances for United so far this season and looks to have a bright future ahead of him at Old Trafford.

And former Arsenal defender Keown has been thoroughly impressed by what he has seen from the Dutchman in recent weeks.

Writing in his column for the Daily Mail, Keown said: “You cast your mind back to when you made your debut and those early games. From the group I was in at Arsenal, David Rocastle was doing especially well – but I was thinking, ‘he’s not doing that to me in training’.

“Fosu-Mensah will be looking at Marcus Rashford and thinking the same – that he is just as good. There becomes an in-house competition to prove everyone is as good as the other.

“And when you get that confidence in the group, you get it on matchday. Fosu-Mensah was a man possessed last night. He started slowly after picking up a knock at Tottenham but in the second half he was immense.

“It gives you a warm glow whenever you see a youngster come through – no matter at what club.”

Fosu-Mensah will be hoping to feature when United host Aston Villa in the Premier League at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Code:
http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2016/04/martin-keown-reacts-to-timothy-fosu-mensahs-man-utd-displays/
Old 15-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #26
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Timothy Fosu-Mensah's Performance Hints at a Bright Manchester United Future

For two games in succession in England's capital, London, Manchester United's Timothy Fosu-Mensah has been a standout performer for the Red Devils.

On Sunday, it was not until he had gone off the pitch with an injury that Tottenham Hotspur grabbed their glut of goals. On Wednesday night at the Boleyn Ground against West Ham United, Marcus Rashford justifiably grabbed the headlines, but Fosu-Mensah's performance in the 2-1 victory was once again impressive.

While it is too soon to be getting carried away—there are likely plenty of mistakes to come given he is just 18 years old—his initial impact would suggest a bright future lies ahead for him at Old Trafford.

A quick look at the numbers tells some of the story. Against Tottenham, he won the ball with all five of the tackles he attempted—the most of any United player. In addition, he made five interceptions—the most of any United player—and six clearances—you've guessed it, the most of any United player. He was also the only Red Devil to block a Spurs shot.

Against West Ham, he made two tackles. With five and eight respectively, he again made more interceptions and clearances than any other player on his side.

In terms of numerical output, he was clearly United's best defender in both of those games in spite of his inexperience. Occasionally, that inexperience showed—but he has the physical assets to compensate if he gets caught out of position. He also showed plenty of tactical awareness, coming in to help out the central defenders on plenty of occasions—hence all those clearances.

He has caught the eye of those watching United's recent games.

Greg Johnson of Squawka wrote after the Spurs game:

[quote] Prior to his substitution after 68 minutes due to injury, Louis van Gaal’s side were just about holding it together against the pressure being applied by their hosts, who were denied time and time again by the young Dutchman’s awareness of danger and capacity to roam into whichever danger zone was hottest.[quote]

Johnson drew attention to Fosu-Mensah's all-round game, also writing he has "the versatility to cope with the demands that are surely only going to increase on adaptable ball-players in the future, and is already showing his ability to deal with threats to his defence, even if the rest of his team struggle to keep up with him."

Musa Okwonga of ESPN FC described Fosu-Mensah's turn against Spurs as "an elite performance." After the West Ham game, Okwonga wrote that the youngster had "an outing of impressive maturity."

Daniel Storey of Football365 wrote: "Fosu-Mensah continues to put Matteo Darmian to shame. The Dutchman may be eight years Darmian’s junior and playing in an unfamiliar position, but he has acclimatised impressively to United’s right-back spot. That Totaalvoetbol education in Ajax’s academy is being put to good use."

Bleacher Report's Sam Tighe, writing for uMAXit Football, described him as, "a Swiss Army knife of untapped potential; given his natural comfort at the senior level no matter the position, he represents mouldable clay in an astute manager’s hands."

That he is attracting such plaudits is no surprise to anyone watching. Of course, there is always a danger with promising young versatile players that they never master one position, becoming competent in many rather than excellent in one.

Phil Jones fell into this trap a little before injuries derailed his United career altogether. John O'Shea's ability to fulfil multiple roles for Sir Alex Ferguson arguably put a cap on the maximum level he reached in any one of them. The same could be argued for Daley Blind.

However, between Fosu-Mensah's obvious physical attributes and the abundant evidence of footballing understanding he has displayed, there should be enough talent there to avoid that trap.

Given the various shortfalls in United's squad—at right-back, centre-back and in central midfield—there is definitely a route to regular first-team football available to the 18-year-old.

His emergence will likely save the club some money in the summer transfer market—he can cover a number of positions, and there looks every chance he could make one of them his own on a regular basis.

As Johnson wrote: "He’s a youngster that even Jose Mourinho would probably be motivated to bring on and work with."

With his obvious talent, the manner in which he has taken to first-team football and the gaps in United's squad he could fill, Fosu-Mensah's future at Old Trafford should be very bright indeed.

Code:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2632788-timothy-fosu-mensahs-performance-hints-at-a-bright-manchester-united-future
Old 15-04-2016, 05:01 PM   #27
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Repost om @penk22_;

Emang rame pemberitaan tentang Fosu-Mensah. Dinilai sebagai pemain muda terbaik menurut thefalse9 dan emang penampilannya menujukan hal itu. Hanya yang agak was2 masalah tekel. Berkali2 terbang gitu. Takutnya malah bikin cedera sendiri seperti Jones.

Semoga tetep membumi dan mengikuti jejak Pogba dalam artian perkembangan dan menghindari jalan Macheda dan Januzaj.
fredrian.seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2016, 05:10 PM   #28
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrian.seven View Post
Repost om @penk22_;

Emang rame pemberitaan tentang Fosu-Mensah. Dinilai sebagai pemain muda terbaik menurut thefalse9 dan emang penampilannya menujukan hal itu. Hanya yang agak was2 masalah tekel. Berkali2 terbang gitu. Takutnya malah bikin cedera sendiri seperti Jones.

Semoga tetep membumi dan mengikuti jejak Pogba dalam artian perkembangan dan menghindari jalan Macheda dan Januzaj.
Oiya, ga baca keatas sih sorry

Ngototnya mirip seperti Jones sebelum cedera, doi juga sigap di beberapa area melakukan intercept. Tapi ya tacklenya membahayakan diri sendiri..
Old 15-04-2016, 10:25 PM   #29
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

OPINION : FIVE REASONS WE LOVE FOSU-MENSAH

With a neat stepover and a ruthless finish, Marcus Rashford stole the headlines with his superb opening goal for Manchester United at Upton Park, yet the performance of his friend Tim Fosu-Mensah was equally deserving of praise following another typically powerful display.

Here, ManUtd.com's Mark Froggatt highlights five reasons why United fans have taken to the young Dutchman at this early stage of his Reds career…

1: ONE OF OUR OWN
An unquestionable highlight of this season has been the ascension of young players and Fosu-Mensah became the eighth youth product to make a senior debut in 2015/16, when he stepped off the bench against Arsenal on 28 February. Yes, he arrived from Ajax as a 16-year-old in September 2014, but he then spent 18 months working hard at the Aon Training Complex and MUTV viewers will no doubt have taken note of his industrious performances for the Under-18s and Under-21s. As is the case with every United youngster, his graduation into the seniors was embraced with open arms.

2: FIRST TEAM? NO PROBLEM!
Much has been made of the difference between Under-21 and senior football in recent years, with some suggesting the step up can be too strenuous in terms of physicality and pressure, yet Fosu-Mensah is making a mockery of that debate judging by his seven performances so far. The Amsterdam-born talent has handled the transition with admirable maturity and already looks like a valued member of the squad. It helps that he is physically developed and strong enough to fend off much-older opponents, of course, yet his composure and poise has been just as beneficial. The early signs are promising.

3: MR. VERSATILE

Fosu-Mensah made his debut against Arsenal at left-back following an injury to Marcos Rojo and then played at centre-back during his second outing, in the 1-0 win over Watford at Old Trafford. He’s since impressed at right-back in the recent matches at Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham to emphasise his invaluable versatility. But his repertoire does not end there, given that he started out as a striker for Ajax’s Under-18s and even played as a no.10 for United’s Under-21s last summer. A deeper role in central midfield may yet become his best position and fans wait with interest.

4: HE LOVES A TACKLE
There are lots of moments that excite football fans, like expert finishes and exquisite passes, or mind-boggling first touches, yet the sight of a thunderous sliding tackle is up there with the best. Fosu-Mensah has cornered the market in his seven outings so far following a series of perfectly-timed challenges against the likes of Watford’s Odion Ighalo and Tottenham’s Dele Alli, prompting fans on Twitter to suggest the moniker Tim Fosu-Immensah. There's also talk of a drinking game in which you take a slurp whenever the Dutchman wins the ball – a game that should carry a health warning, judging by his current form.

5: AGE ON HIS SIDE

As an 18-year-old who does not turn 19 until January, Fosu-Mensah has his whole career ahead of him and his education at Old Trafford has only just begun. There will be challenges ahead and with youth comes inconsistency, but the early signs suggest Tim has a bright future with the Reds.

Thankfully, he has a level head on those broad shoulders and he spoke with admirable wisdom in a recent interview with ManUtd.com. “Obviously, I will keep working hard. As a young player, you have to do that and keep listening to all the advice from the manager and coaches, especially if you want to play more games. When the chance comes, you have to play well and make the most of it.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/Fanzone/News-And-Blogs/2016/Apr/Five-reasons-why-Manchester-United-fans-love-Tim-Fosu-Mensah.aspx
Old 17-04-2016, 09:40 PM   #30
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

WHAT IS FOSU-MENSAH'S BEST POSITION

Many fans have been pondering where Tim Fosu-Mensah's future lies on the field after his superb introduction to first-team life at Manchester United.

The 18-year-old is very much the kind of "multi-functional" player so admired by Louis van Gaal after initially starting out as a schoolboy striker. Originally signed as a centre-back from Ajax, he also looked adept in a holding midfield slot for the Under-18s.

Reserves coach Warren Joyce tried him out in a no.10 role in pre-season but he produced some stunning performances at full-back for the Under-21s, before making his senior debut on the left hand side of defence as a substitute for Marcos Rojo during the 3-2 triumph over Arsenal.

A maiden first-team start at centre-back against Watford followed but he has since earned plaudits for his work in both full-back positions, including when performing on opposite flanks during the course of the Emirates FA Cup success at West Ham United in midweek.

Some feel the teenager could develop into a box-to-box midfielder due to his physique and stamina, and he admits the question about his best position in the future is a hard one to answer, particularly as he is simply enjoying his breakthrough at the moment.

"It’s a difficult question," Fosu-Mensah told ManUtd.com. "I think I’ll just be keeping my options open. Centre-back or midfield, I think that is the most chance. However, as I’ve said before, wherever the manager wants me, I will play there.

"I had the pre-season with the Under-21s. Warren Joyce helped me very much, particularly in the aspects I was not so good at. He helped me on it and tried to make me a better player. I’m happy he has been able to do that. I played no.10 in pre-season and scored a goal from there as well so I was very happy!

"I think that experience helped me. As an attacking midfielder, you come into positions where you have to think and think as an attacking player as well. When you go back to being a defender, it helps you think how attackers think – about where they’re moving to and what they have to do before they receive the ball. So it definitely helps your game when you play in other positions.

"I think, when you’re young, it’s important you can play in as many positions as you can so, wherever the manager wants you to play, you have more experience in every role."

Van Gaal was asked by MUTV on Friday for his prediction as to which position will best suit Fosu-Mensah as the youngster looks to cement his place in the first-team squad.

"That’s difficult to say because it is also the vacancy in the team, where we need a player the most," said the boss. "You have seen this season that a lot of players have played in the full-back position because we have a lot of injuries in that position.

"So you cannot cope with it and then you give players a chance to show their abilities. Fosu-Mensah has played in the Netherlands in the youth systems at centre-back and also in midfield. I made him play at left and right full-back because he has the qualities to play there.

"Until now, he has shown his qualities, so I am very happy for him but, normally, players shall be seen everywhere with their position that they have played in youth. But it’s not like that, it’s about vacancies in positions."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/What-is-tim-fosu-mensah-best-position-at-manchester-united.aspx
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 65
adelberth, agylbonez, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, Ardi_UIMOLT, asby_ansya, asririzky, atticus.finch, Aziiz_rachman, Azrul Red United, bang_zak, Bloody "Devil" R3d, chincarito, cii_iyon, d10neladitya, delongedee, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, Fajar_, FebryNB, fredrian.seven, goodfron, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HenryRooney07, id4y, jifortin, Jodirama, lauraniza, matthewsamad, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, oldark, paiman, penk22_, Rean, Redsbusby, revald, Rhw, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, ronald hars, SR 7, stamansa, Thomas, tumpal_oneunited, UNITED1878, Van_Munandar, victory II, wira_ozora, yudhadit21, zudomiriku