United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 19-02-2019, 10:16 PM   #551
jojo poenya
first team
#MemberExpired

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
jojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to alljojo poenya is a name known to all
Visit jojo poenya's Facebook Visit jojo poenya's Twitter
Default Re: Michael Carrick

Via Twitter @carras16 says:

To everyone single one of you behind the goal last night.
Nonstop from start to finish. The noise and energy was incredible.
Would have loved to be in there myself.
Thank you
Same again Sunday please
#2019BackToForum
#MemberExpired
jojo poenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 04:55 PM   #552
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

CARRICK: WHY I WAS READY FOR COACHING AT UNITED

A year on from ending his illustrious playing career, Michael Carrick remains content with his decision and is loving life as a Manchester United coach – even if the working hours are longer!

The uniquely-talented ex-midfielder hung up his boots in May 2018, calling it a day after 13 seasons as a Red in which he registered 464 appearances, scored 24 goals and lifted 17 trophies.

Rather than taking time out from football, which he had once planned to do, Carrick immediately accepted an offer to become a first-team coach at United and he has not looked back since.

The 37-year-old has embraced his new role and admits he is learning all of the time, as he explained to us during the club’s recent end-of-season awards night at Old Trafford.

“I was ready to finish playing, I'd had enough,” Carrick told us. “Luckily I could go out when I was ready. Not many people get into that situation where they can decide for themselves and fortunately I was ready. In the last couple of years I just knew. I wasn't at the level I wanted to be at.

“I had just done the same thing for so long and it was time. I always had in my mind about having time away from football for the kids and the family, but there was no way I was walking away from this club when the opportunity came along. I am so glad that I made that decision and I am here.”

Reflecting on how his life has transformed since he became a coach, Carrick continued: “It has been a massive change for me. Playing for so long, you just get used to it, used to doing the same things, having that routine and focusing on performing for yourself - getting the best out of yourself.

“You kind of have mixed feelings when you go into being a coach, thinking about how it is going to be and how different it is going to be. It is a big challenge and very different to playing. It is something I have really enjoyed. Obviously, there have been ups and downs throughout the season, but I am really enjoying myself at the moment and looking forward to what is ahead.”

Asked if he’s working harder than ever, Michael joked: “I am never at home - just ask my wife! She knows about that. It is longer hours and obviously a lot more work, but you get the rewards.”

Carrick was speaking to us just moments after Academy graduates Mason Greenwood and Tahith Chong had collected the Youth and Reserve-Team Player of the Year awards.

Both youngsters discussed their determination to improve during the acceptance speeches and Carrick admitted he has a similar frame of mind, at this early stage of his promising and exciting coaching career.

“The interesting thing is, when you listen to Chongy and Mason, talking about starting their careers and working hard, learning as they go, that is kind of me now in the next chapter,” Michael said.

“Just because I have played for so long and achieved some things in the game, when you step into that new job and new role it is a new experience. It made me smile a little bit listening to the boys, because that is me now just a few years on.”

Good luck to Michael in Sunday's Greater Manchester 10K, which he is running to raise funds for the Michael Carrick Foundation.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:54 AM   #553
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'The players have potential that is so exciting': Michael Carrick hails Manchester United youngsters and reveals he's 'relishing getting club back to where they belong'

* Michael Carrick says Manchester United's youngsters have made huge strides
* Carrick has been particularly impressed with Scott McTominay so far this season
* The 38-year-old also revealed the transition from player to coach has been tough

Manchester United have had the rare luxury of four days undistracted training ahead of a mighty week; Aston Villa on Sunday, Jose Mourinho's return to Old Trafford midweek and the Manchester derby next Saturday.

All the coaching has been delivered under the watchful eye of Michael Carrick, excused the Europa League trip to Astana like virtually all United's first-team squad, to focus on the triple-header ahead.

Carrick won every major trophy as a United player including the Champions League and five Premier League titles.

Carrick says United's youngsters need guidance but must also learn to deal with criticism. The 38-year-old says the club's youngsters will only improve through experience and graft

His message to the current crop of youngsters, whose inconsistency has seen them beat Chelsea and Leicester but lose to Newcastle and West Ham, is that growing pains also happened to the legends he played with.

'All those great players from the past weren't ready-made by any stretch,' says Carrick, an important part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's United coaching staff.

'We've got the youngest team in the league and they need a bit of guidance and help. But I was one of them when I was younger. Giggsy (Ryan Giggs) was one of them, so was Scholesy (Paul Scholes). They had to learn and make mistakes and improve.

'You learn from experience and by winning but everyone has to start somewhere. Cristiano (Ronaldo) is an example. He took a year or two to settle, then all of a sudden he found his feet and exploded.

Carrick is excited by potential of United's kids with Mason Greenwood touted as a future star

'We're aware of that. The players now have potential that is so exciting. I'm seeing them develop every day.'

Carrick's encouragement will mean a lot to Marcus Rashford, Daniel James and the other players being asked to step up at the biggest club in Britain.

Last weekend's thriller at Sheffield United was a microcosm of United's topsy-turvy season. 2-0 down and in turmoil, 3-2 up with great attacking play, and then conceding a late equaliser to prevent them rising to fifth in the table.

It didn't ease pressure on Solskjaer, particularly with Mauricio Pochettino on the market, but Carrick has seen it all before.

'We had stick at the start of 2007/08. We weren't playing well or scoring enough goals. We ended up with the Champions League and Premier League,' he recalls.

Carrick cited the progress of Scott McTominay as a sign that United are making progress

'You become totally oblivious to outside noise, that's the truth. The scrutiny and expectation is something you get used to. Everyone wants a piece of Manchester United, good or bad. You have to take it and when it's good, it's something special.

'Someone like Marcus has been at Manchester United since he was a kid. He knows the place inside-out, what is expected and acknowledges the responsibility. It is great to see.

'Scotty (Scott McTominay) has summed us up, how much he has come on and the importance he has.'

Qualifying early for the knockout stages of the Europa League was a massive bonus. Twelve of the 14 players who featured at Bramall Lane were able to stay behind in Manchester and train rather than fly to Astana for Thursday's match.

'We always targeted that from the start of the group,' admits Carrick. 'It gave us a chance to regroup ahead of three quick games. It is relentless for the players, mentally and physically, so it is a chance to refresh.

'The lads who went to Astana were out on Tuesday and back the early hours of Friday. It's a big chunk of the week and would have had a knock-on effect.'

The United coach revealed he's leant on Kieran McKenna for advice over recent months. Carrick says the transition from player to coach has been bigger than he anticipated. The former midfielder insists United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is unaffected by criticism

Carrick, now 38, retired as a player in 2018 and was put on the coaching staff by Mourinho. Solskjaer retained him after the Portuguese manager was sacked. Ironically, Mourinho brings his Spurs team to Old Trafford on Wednesday.

'The change from playing to coaching is probably bigger than you imagine.' says Carrick. 'Longer days, different responsibilities, different ways of thinking about the game.

'You get pushed out of your comfort zone doing something for the first time but that happens in any walk of life. I've leant on (fellow coach) Kieran McKenna to guide me in certain ways. We have a nice blend as a coaching team.

'The thing that drives you on is to play football in a certain way and win things. We all know we haven't been close enough in the league but that's the challenge. I'm relishing the opportunity to play a part in getting us to where we feel we belong. We do feel 100% we are going in the right direction.'

Rio Ferdinand was critical of United's first post-Sir Alex Ferguson manager, David Moyes, for worrying too much about the opposition.

United are up against Villa danger-man Jack Grealish on Sunday but Carrick says it will be a different mindset.

'It's about finding the right balance but our main focus is always about what we are going to do, whether it's against a team near the top or bottom,' he says firmly. 'We have a responsibility to try and win every game.'

Carrick clearly doesn't want to waste time on what he regards as periphery issues. On Paul Pogba's injury, he leaves it at: 'We know he is a top player but Fred has come in and done terrifically the past few weeks.'

What about Mourinho playing mind games next week by comparing his trophy haul to Solskjaer? 'It is hypothetical,' he says. 'Ole is all about belief in this club. Anything outside that, doesn't affect him.'

This week has got the former England midfielder's juices going. A hat-trick of important clashes in six days is a throwback to the glory days under Ferguson, albeit with United currently going for a top-four place rather than the title.

'It certainly shouldn't intimidate us – just embrace it and be positive,' he instructs the new generation. 'When you win those big games, it is the best feeling.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7742283/Manchester-Utd-youngsters-exciting-says-Michael-Carrick.html
Old 14-02-2020, 08:36 PM   #554
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

CARRICK EXCLUSIVE: THIS IS WHEN IT REALLY MATTERS

Manchester United assistant coach Michael Carrick is confident the squad is primed and ready to finish the season strongly, after a galvanising trip to Spain that has refreshed all involved.

The Reds have made excellent use of the first-ever winter break in English football by training at the Marbella Football Centre since Sunday, utilising the time to work on fitness and tactics and building camaraderie.

Carrick always loved the business end of the season as a player and he feels our squad is well placed to challenge in the Premier League, Europa League and Emirates FA Cup in the coming months.

In this exclusive and insightful interview, Michael also discusses the integration of Bruno Fernandes and development of key midfielder Fred this season...

How happy are you with the conditions and set-up here in Spain?
“Yeah, we’re delighted. It’s kind of what we expected. Obviously, that’s the main reason we came. It was a great chance for the lads last week to have a few days away to mentally switch off, which I think they needed. It’s going to help them going forward, to come down now and get back to business and get a good week’s work in. It’s something that you can’t spend much time standing around back at the training ground, because of the weather. It’s a different type of training we can do here and we can get a lot more information, a lot more detail across and enjoy the sunshine. It just creates that little bit of a better environment really for the training session. It’s a good week’s work for us. The facilities are fantastic, you can see the views and, where we are, it’s beautiful. So we’re happy to be here.”

What are your thoughts on the winter break? It’s been a long time coming in English football. Do you wish you had one when you were playing?
“Yes and no. I think you get used to what you get used to, you know, and what becomes normal. For me, it was normal. We played through Christmas and we played through this time of year, always feeling tired at points. But, you just use it as a motivation to drive you forward. It never really bothered me. I think it’s a good idea, certainly for our boys and the amount of games we’ve had and constantly playing midweeks with a slightly younger team, I think they needed that break and they needed to switch off, so it’s probably come at a good time for us at this stage of the season.”

Seven or eight days of training is really rare in any season for United, so what have you been working on with the lads this week?
“Well, we’ve not had a full training week since the end of August and start of September, because we’ve had midweek games pretty much every week. So it is a rare opportunity for us to spend a bit more time on the training ground. Not hours on end but a bit more time, actually talking about things and explaining things and going through details, which as a whole group, we haven’t had. We’ve had six, seven, eight, 12 at times, but you’ve got half the lads doing recovery days, some of the lads preparing for the next game, so it’s a bit of a juggling act really for the last three or four months. It’s an opportunity for us to get everyone together, spend some time and try to improve a few things.”

How important is camaraderie and getting everyone tightly knit? Not just here on the training ground but about the hotel and in the evenings…
“Yeah, I must say it’s one thing that the group has - the spirit is fantastic and there’s a really good camaraderie and a togetherness about them. I think you can see that on the pitch and how hard they work for each other. The attitude and how they look after each other, I think it’s fantastic. Coming here helps and I think it helps with the team and the whole set-up, including the backroom staff and the coaching staff – it’s good for everyone coming together and spending time together for a period of time, as if we don’t do that enough through the year [laughs]! But it’s a different setting, and because the game’s a little bit further away then there’s not that real intense focus on the game. Of course, we’re preparing for it, but it’s kind of a different feeling when we can do the work but, at the same time, switch off during the day, so it’s a nice little mix.”

We’ve got some new faces here, of course, and Bruno Fernandes is the most notable, so how’s he settling in?

“Yeah, he feels at home in this weather! It’s what he’s used to, but yeah he’s settled in really well. He’s an intelligent, smart lad and speaks great English so it’s been pretty seamless so far. There’s plenty of Portuguese-speaking [players] anyway. But he’s fine, he’s settled in really well and he’ll just be looking to get games under his belt now and improve as time goes on.”

You obviously know all about that position, so what is it about him that you admire so much?

“There’s so much to talk about, really. I think the main thing is his composure and quality on the ball. He sees a pass, he looks to play the pass and he can score goals. But it’s more that composure, understanding of the game and game intelligence really that I like the most about him, and I’m sure we’ll see plenty of that.”

Nathan Bishop’s here as well, who joined from Southend in January. Is he on cloud nine this week? It’s been a hell of a period for him…
“Yeah, it’s fantastic for Bish. A great lad and again he’s settled in so quickly. He’s walking around with a big smile on his face every time you see him. He’s so happy and, again, his attitude and personality is a credit to him for how he applies himself in training. He’s settled in ever so well, so it’s a great opportunity for him, of course. It’s a big jump, but it’s a great opportunity and you can tell he’s desperate to take it with both hands.”

I just wanted to ask you too about Fred’s form of late, because he’s been excellent all season really. He looks like a player who’s really benefited from coaching at United and he’s just been voted Player of the Month by the fans, by a massive margin. Are you delighted with his progress this season?
“Yeah, I think he’s done great. It’s not always easy, I think history tells you that. When you look through the pages of this club when new signings have come in, sometimes it takes a little time to adapt, you know that, and it doesn’t mean they’re not good players or they don’t have real good quality in their play. I think it’s just what playing for this club brings and playing in the league. The Premier League is so different to other leagues, so, sometimes, it takes time to get used to it, but credit to Fred. He’s stuck at it, he’s learnt and he’s been willing to put the work in and try to improve. He’s been fantastic for quite some time now and I’m sure there’s more to come, because he’s that kind of boy. He wants to keep improving, he wants to keep learning, keep getting better and there’s plenty more to improve, of course, like any player, so we’ll keep working at it.”

We’re here to prepare for the season run-in, so how is the mood among the lads with an important 12 or 14 weeks to come?
“This is it. This is when it counts now, the business part of the season when cup runs are coming towards the end of the competitions and you want to be in there challenging. This is the point I always loved and thrived on as a player, because this is when it really matters. I think this winter break’s been a good time for us. Time will tell what the future brings, but I think it’s a good time for us to regroup, refresh and go again because it’s a busy time ahead. It’s what the lads are kind of used to now, so that’s fine. It’s a busy time ahead with plenty of games, so we look forward to it.”

www.manutd.com
Old 10-05-2020, 07:08 AM   #555
Andi Istiabudi
manager

CARRICK EXPLAINS BIGGEST CHALLENGE FOR UNITED SQUAD

Michael Carrick says dealing with the uncertainty of when Premier League football will return is the biggest challenge for the Manchester United squad at present.

This Friday marks exactly two months since the Reds played our last domestic game and assistant-coach Carrick revealed during Thursday's MUTV Group Chat that the players are stepping up their training regime in the hopes of a return to football.

Despite that, with no concrete plans in place for the Premier League to commence again, he acknowledges it is tough to make preparations for an as-yet unspecified date.

“That’s the biggest challenge: not really having a return date,” the former midfielder says during the MUTV Group Chat.

“That’s why we’ve tried to gradually increase training and we’re just giving ourselves the best chance to be ready, if, and when, we start.

“It’s the same as everyone - it’s not just about us and the players; it’s about everyone, in every walk of life. Everyone has got jobs to go back to and not knowing is the biggest issue. You can’t plan and you’re not sure what’s next.

“It can be difficult. We’re just trying to make the best of it and the lads have been great with everything we’ve asked them to do. It’s not easy and they’ve had to take the responsibility themselves and train on their own.”

Michael also sheds some light on the Reds’ training regime and reveals that mandatory sessions have begun in the last few days.

“At the start, we left the lads alone [doing their own fitness routines] because we were quite relaxed about it and could probably sense that it could be a good few weeks or months,” he says. “We were conscious of not being too intense with them at the start and then gradually increased it as we go along.

“As of this week, they’re now on compulsory sessions. It’s good and we’re just desperate to come back. They’re looking forward to getting back to what they know best. We’re just staying in touch and seeing what’s next, like everyone else.”

After a lay-off of several months, it will not be an easy process returning to regular top-level football, and Michael explains there are a lot of factors to consider, not just fitness levels.

“It’s such a difficult thing to call because it’s unprecedented, this situation,“ he adds. ”We’re using our experience and obviously, we’re using the experts to judge it.

“Even coming back for pre-season, some of the lads come back and they’re flying, whereas some lads you don’t see them until September; it can take five or six games to get started.

“Every club is going to be in that situation and it’s a balance. It’s the prevention of injuries as well. You can’t expect them to be training on their own at home and then, in a short space of time, expect them to play in a Premier League game. That’s the concern, probably not the fitness levels, it’s the injury prevention.

“Primarily, we’re talking about getting back to fitness and playing games, but also it’s about if they’re okay [psychologically],” Carrick says.

“Like all of us, you want to make sure your friends and families are okay. They players are, obviously, part of our family and we want to make sure that, as humans, they’re alright and then the sport and the lifestyle can come after that.”

www.manutd.com
Old 27-11-2021, 05:28 AM   #556
Andi Istiabudi
manager

CARRICK: INTERIM BOSS HAS 'GREAT STARTING POINT'

Caretaker manager Michael Carrick says the next person to take charge of Manchester United will have a great starting point to work from.

The 40-year-old shepherded the Reds to a critical 2-0 Champions League win over Villarreal in midweek following the departure of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and will lead the team again at Chelsea on Sunday (kick-off 16:30 GMT).

But speculation remains rife about who will assume the role thereafter, with an interim manager due to be appointed until the end of the season.

However, Carrick believes that whoever comes in will inherit a great base from which to start their work, after the efforts of Solskjaer, Carrick and the rest of the staff over the last two or three years.

“The environment that Ole had such a huge part in building has helped me a lot this week, so whatever happens next, it's a great starting point,” said our former midfielder.

“I think that's one of the biggest things from Ole's time as manager: over time, creating and building on the environment, the backroom staff, the culture in the group that people don't see day to day.

“It's not obvious but, over time, as a team, we were improving. A good finish last season, and once results starting going [over the last couple of months], it went pretty quickly. Which is a shame, because everything else can get overshadowed by losses like that. But it's [the culture] still there.”

There are just three blank days between Sunday's game at Stamford Bridge and our next Premier League match, at home to Arsenal.

But Carrick is confident that the new individual could imbue the squad with their ideas before Mikel Arteta's men visit Old Trafford.

“You can get ideas across pretty quickly,” he surmised. "I think history shows that. Sometimes it's not the ideas but just a different voice or a freshness. History proves that, for whatever reason. Again, looking back at history, sometimes it works really well, sometimes not so well – that's just the nature of life. We'll see what happens in the days to come.

“Listen, there's a lot of different styles in football. There's a good group of players here, so whoever comes in and whatever style he's implementing, I'm sure they [the players] can adapt. There's some real talent and some real good people, good human beings, within the squad. Yeah, I'm sure they'll look forward to what's ahead.”

There was plenty of talk about the future in the the rest of Carrick's pre-Chelsea press conference, but the caretaker boss was understandably keen to focus on our meeting with Thomas Tuchel's men.

“Really, my thoughts are about the game on Sunday. They have to be, to be honest,” he admitted. “Coming in this week and having a real laser focus on two games and the challenge that we face as a group.

“I can't get distracted by anything else, for now for sure, anything else will take care of itself in the coming days and weeks ahead.”

www.manutd.com
Old 03-12-2021, 04:42 PM   #557
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Carrick steps down from role as Manchester United first-team coach with IMMEDIATE effect straight after guiding the club to victory over Arsenal in his last match as temporary manager

* Michael Carrick has decided to leave Manchester United after 15 years
* The news broke immediately after his last game in temporary charge of the club
* Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice to inspire United to a 3-2 victory over Arsenal
* Ralf Rangnick is set to start work as Manchester United's interim manager

Michael Carrick has decided to leave Manchester United following his final game as temporary manager of the club.

The club confirmed the news in a statement on their official website, in the immediate aftermath of their 3-2 victory over Arsenal.

Carrick, who had held the role as first-team coach, was in temporary charge following Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's dismissal last month and said he told the players he was leaving after the game had finished.

With Ralf Rangnick appointed the new interim manager of the club until the end of the season, Carrick has decided to step down from his role.

Michael Carrick has decided to leave Manchester United - 15 years after he joined as a player. The news broke on United's official website immediately after their 3-2 victory over Arsenal. Carrick's departure comes just as Ralf Rangnick is set to start work as the new interim manager

Speaking to Amazon Prime after United's victory he said: 'It's not been an easy decision to make but I feel it's the right one.

'I was going to take time off after I finished playing and it never happened. It feels like the right time to step away and what a way to finish.

'It's 100% my decision. Over the last week I was conscious I respected the club and the manager coming in. I thought it was the right thing to do for the club and for Ralf [Rangnick] and I'm quite happy with that.

'We were in a situation where there was a responsibility to see these games through. The loyalty to Ole is a little bit of a factor but there were a lot of things that came into my decision.

'I've had great times, great memories and I'm proud of the players over the past three games.

'I just told them and they were a bit shocked and surprised, a bit emotional in the changing room. I held it together just about. It's not been easy to keep it away from people but I had a job to do.'

Carrick has been with the club since his arrival from Tottenham as a player back in 2006.

As a member of the playing squad, he played 464 games, winning five Premier League titles, the Champions League, one FA Cup among other pieces of silverware.

Carrick joined United in 2006 and won five Premier League titles at the club as a player. Carrick has been working on the coaching staff at Old Trafford ever since his retirement in 2018

Following his retirement in 2018, he joined the first team coaching staff at Old Trafford originally under Jose Mourinho.

He was kept on when Solskjaer was appointed as interim, then permanent manager.

United endured a miserable start to the season which saw humiliating defeats to rivals Liverpool and Manchester City.

Carrick has been in temporary charge since United sacked Solskjaer following their 4-1 defeat to Watford.

In his time in charge, United have won two games and drew one against league leaders Chelsea.

Carrick was expected to stay on with other members of Solskjaer's staff including Kieran McKenna, under the helm of Rangnick.

So it comes somewhat as a surprise that the 40-year-old has decided to leave the club.

Football Director, John Murtough said in United's official statement: 'While we are sad to see him go, we respect and understand Michael's decision.

'He will always be known as one of the finest midfielders in the history of Manchester United, and, more recently, as an excellent coach who has worked tirelessly under two managers to help develop the strong squad which Ralf will now take charge of.

'We are grateful for the steady leadership Michael has shown through this period of managerial transition, and, while he is now stepping away from day-to-day involvement, he will always be welcome back as a legend of the club.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10269509/Manchester-United-Michael-Carrick-leaves-club-immediately-victory-Arsenal.html
Old 12-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #558
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Michael Carrick is UNLIKELY to take the Middlesbrough job after talks with the club on Tuesday... with ex-Watford boss Rob Edwards the frontrunner as search for Chris Wilder's successor goes on

* Michael Carrick is not thought to be keen on taking over as Middlesbrough boss
* Former Watford manager Rob Edwards is thought to be the leading candidate
* Leo Percovich is set to remain in charge for Saturday’s clash against Blackburn

Michael Carrick is unlikely to make his first entry into management with Middlesbrough after speaking to the club.

It is understood the former Manchester United and England midfielder is not keen on the role at this time.

That leaves Boro searching for a successor to Chris Wilder, who was sacked last week.

They have already spoken to former Watford boss Rob Edwards, who is said to be the preferred candidate of head of football Kieran Scott.

Michael Carrick is now unlikely to take over at Middlesbrough as his first job in management. Former Watford boss Rob Edwards has already spoken to Middlesbrough about the position and the club are looking to replace Chris Wilder

Edwards remains in the frame and sources say Lee Cattermole - the youth coach currently part of the interim management team - has admirers among the hierarchy should they decide to make an internal appointment for the time being.

Leo Percovich is set to remain in charge for Saturday’s visit of Blackburn.

Ex Huddersfield boss Carlos Corberan has been mentioned but, for now, we understand he is not under consideration.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11304619/Michael-Carrick-UNLIKELY-Middlesbrough-hot-seat-Rob-Edwards-runner.html
Old 18-10-2022, 09:37 AM   #559
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Michael Carrick is set to be appointed as Middlesbrough manager in U-turn after issues over backroom staff and control over transfers were resolved... with former Man United star set to take first full-time step into the dugout

* Michael Carrick is set to be named as the new Middlesbrough manager
* The former Manchester United midfielder will take over from Chris Wilder
* Carrick, 41, was originally not keen on taking the role at the Championship club
* But has u-turned on his decision and could be in charge against Huddersfield

Michael Carrick has held further talks with Middlesbrough and looks set to be appointed as Chris Wilder’s replacement, marking his first full-time step into management.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder spoke to Boro last week but had indicated he was not keen on the role.

It is thought the issues then related to backroom staff and control over transfers.

However, the 41-year-old is now edging closer to taking charge of the Championship side.

Carrick could even be in the dugout for Saturday’s visit of Huddersfield, a crucial game in the fight for survival with both teams in the bottom three.

Englishman Michael Carrick looks set to be appointed as Middlesbrough's new manager. Middlesbrough have struggled this season and currently sit in the division's relegation zone. Carrick (left) wants to bring former Man United assistant coaches Mike Phelan and Rene Muelensteen to the north-east

Carrick worked under Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Old Trafford and wants to bring former United assistants Mike Phelan and Rene Muelensteen to the North-East as part of his coaching set-up.

Boro have been searching for a new boss since sacking former Sheffield United chief Wilder at the start of October.

Carrick has been out of work since leaving United in January, when he was replaced as interim boss by Ralf Rangnick.

He had overseen a Champions League win over Villarreal and a Premier League victory over Mikel Arteta's Arsenal, as well as drawing against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11325355/Former-Man-United-midfielder-Michael-Carrick-set-confirmed-new-Middlesbrough-manager.html
Old 20-10-2022, 09:28 AM   #560
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Michael Carrick 'agrees personal terms with Middlesbrough' and will sign his contract at the Championship strugglers in the next '24 hours' as he makes his permanent managerial debut

* Michael Carrick has agreed terms to take charge of second-tier Middlesbrough
* Championship side will reportedly present Carrick with a contract imminently
* The 41-year-old will mark his first permanent foray into management at Boro
* Carrick wants ex-United assistants Mike Phelan and Rene Muelensteen with him

Michael Carrick is reportedly set to be announced as the new Middlesbrough head coach after agreeing personal terms with the Championship club, marking his first step into full-time management since leaving Manchester United last year.

The former Premier League, Champions League, and FA Cup winner will sign his contract with Boro imminently after being identified as the club's successor to Chris Wilder.

Carrick initially indicated he wouldn't accept the position due to issues relating to backroom staff and transfers, but those problems have now been resolved with the 41-year-old set for his debut stint in the second division dugout.

Boro have been searching for a new boss since sacking former Sheffield United chief Wilder at the start of October, taking time to find the suitable candidate as Leo Percovich took interim charge.

He has been out of work since leaving his position as Man United's interim manager after succeeding Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the position with Carrick taking control of the Premier League giants for three games at the end of 2021.

Michael Carrick has reportedly agreed to take charge of Championship side Middlesbrough. Carrick has been out of work since leaving Premier League club Man United at the end of 2021. Carrick wants to bring former Man United assistant coaches Mike Phelan and Rene Muelensteen to the north-east. Carrick could be in charge for Saturday's visit of Huddersfield

The Englishman is keen to call on his experience at Old Trafford and wants to bring Sir Alex Ferguson's former assistants Mike Phelan and Rene Muelensteen to the club as part of his coaching set up.

Contracts for Carrick's backroom staff are in the process of being drawn up, as reported by Sky Sports.

His first match in charge of Middlesbrough could come as early as Saturday when they host fellow league strugglers Huddersfield, knowing victory could move them out of the relegation zone.

Carrick was unbeaten in his temporary role at United, overseeing a Champions League victory over Villareal, beating Mikel Arteta's Arsenal in the Premier League, and holding their own in a 1-1 draw against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

As a player Carrick endured tremendous success playing under Sir Alex, David Moyes, Louis van Gaal, and Jose Mourinho. Retiring from playing in 2018 at the age of 36.

He then immediately moved into management, joining Mourinho's backroom team at the club and staying on to work under Solskjaer for two seasons.

Ralf Rangnick's arrival in Manchester midway through last season saw Carrick depart in search of a new managerial role elsewhere.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11332785/Michael-Carrick-agrees-personal-terms-Middlesbrough-sign-contract-imminently.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 179
A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, adesaktiTRK, adib, aGhaa, agylbonez, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, alif unyil, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, and1, andhikaaw, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andy kurniawan, anenk_garcia, an_setanmerah, Ardiey11, arief rachman, arik_, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, ayahocta, Ayunda, B4YU, badehul, bang_zak, bhowz, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bucay deathbat, Bulma, caesar, chincarito, Cibet22, cimbuang69, cintaoven, czr, Deddy Hernandez, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, dhodoadrian, Dino De Gea, doddlez, dr_ifan, dudut, ecly_watchaa, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eross tanto, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fadlysyah, fahlevysred, Fajar_, fajar_lazuardi, fajrinited, Febri Angga, FebryNB, ferly_Liemz, fey777, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, Ganda_aja, gery27, ghopoereds, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hendiplast, iamsetia, id4y, ilyasprawibawa, ing areese, irfi_1, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, jojo poenya, just.fluke, kahfi, kaiki, kingherooney, King_Cantona, LAM ILHAM, Lang25, larukuga, leonite, littlebig, MadeForGlory, Mahesa_Jenar, matthewsamad, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, MuhFher, mu_ciroyom, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, nobitanta, Noe26, normansyahrizal, ocki_26, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, om tato, penk22_, prahmono, pukimax, Pure_red, pweechevalier, red, redit, Redsbusby, Ridho_Idham, rifkycyber, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, ronysnaja, sepatu_ancur, seventh.heaven, sidictheninetythree, simamora16, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, sudrab, tamiCarrick, tasho, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, TomEnrico, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, Unitediction, unreal, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, vdgquintana, Victory, victory II, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, wakhid ronaldo, waynehanks, wazza_ampuh, william metta, wira_ozora, YANGWAN, Yayat Dg Kulle, yudistira, zeavhere, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku