United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > On Loan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2022, 09:21 AM   #32
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dean Henderson

Dean Henderson blasts 'CRIMINAL' Man United over false promises after they convinced him to stay last year by telling him he'd be No 1 ahead of David de Gea - as he reveals he REFUSED to meet or train for Erik ten Hag to force through Forest loan

* Dean Henderson has furiously blasted Manchester United in a fiery interview
* The United goalkeeper is on a season-long loan to promoted Nottingham Forest
* Henderson, 25, spent last season as backup to David de Gea at Old Trafford
* The England star claimed he had been told that he would be No 1, not De Gea
* Henderson admitted the 'criminal' false promises from the club left him 'fuming'
* He also revealed he refused to speak to or train under new manager Erik ten Hag

Dean Henderson has blasted Manchester United's actions towards him as 'criminal' in a bombshell interview.

The goalkeeper, on a season-long loan at Nottingham Forest from Old Trafford, has revealed he was left 'fuming' after false promises from the club.

Henderson told talkSPORT that United promised he would usurp David de Gea as No 1, but then made him a reserve and kept him on the bench leaving him furious.

He said: 'To be quite honest with you, it's probably been the toughest 12 months of my career. It's been tough, it's been hard and I'm so happy I've come out the other end of it now.

'The conversation I had, coming out of the Euros squad (with England), was that you're coming back here (to United) to be the No 1 goalkeeper. I got Covid, then unfortunately no-one followed through with anything they told me.

'It's frustrating as well, because I turned so many good loans down last summer for that reason and they wouldn't let me go. To sit there and waste 12 months is criminal, really, at my age. I was fuming.'

Experienced stopper De Gea, 31, made 46 appearances in all competitions last season, with Henderson given just three outings, once each in the FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League.

And Henderson also admitted he refused to speak to or train under new United manager Erik ten Hag in a bid to force through a move to Nottingham Forest this summer.

Dean Henderson has blasted Manchester United's actions as 'criminal' in a furious interview. The goalkeeper insisted the club promised him that he would replace David de Gea (left) as first-choice for the 2021-22 season, but he spent last campaign as reserve to the Spaniard. Henderson, 25, said that he was left 'fuming' at the false promises of the club - Norwegian boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was manager at the start of the campaign before last. Henderson also said he refused to speak to or train under new United manager Erik ten Hag

He added: 'No. I didn't want him to see me in training. Because I knew that he probably wanted to keep me. So I told the hierarchy that I need to play football, I don't want to be here and play second fiddle.'

The season before last, which saw United finish second in the Premier League under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Henderson played 26 times in all competitions, compared to De Gea's 36, and saw the England star end the season as first choice.

One-cap international Henderson slowly worked his way up to the top level, with loans at Stockport in the National League North, Grimsby in League Two, Shrewsbury in League One and Sheffield United in the Championship and Premier League.

The Whitehaven-born star will return to Old Trafford at the end of the season, given Forest could not negotiate an option to buy in his loan contract.

De Gea, who was one of United's best players last season, will be backed up by Tom Heaton this campaign.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11074231/Dean-Henderson-blasts-CRIMINAL-Man-United-making-reserve-goalkeeper-false-promises.html
kasihan memang Henderson, dijanjikan menggantikan De Gea namun De Gea sendiri pas dibawah asuhan Ole & Rangnick lumayan bagus penampilannya, jadi dilema juga jika ingin menggeser De Gea dari kiper no.1, yah solusinya dipinjamkan biar mendapat waktu bermain

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 16
Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, chincarito, eyeofday, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, ivanzferdinand, NdeGue, penk22_, rio vander vidic, rohibur rizqi, Sigied Giggsy, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku