United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 11-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #551
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anthony Martial

United managers, accusing Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of 'TREACHERY' for playing him when he was injured - and claims Jose Mourinho 'lacked respect' by stripping him of the No 9 shirt without telling him

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jose Mourinho have been slammed by Anthony Martial
* Man Utd star accuses Mourinho of lack of respect for changing his shirt number
* Frenchman says that Solskjaer is a traitor for not backing him whilst injured
* The 26-year-old does praise Louis van Gaal, the man who signed him for United

Anthony Martial has hit out at former Manchester United managers Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jose Mourinho at how they handled him during their spells at the club.

Martial moved to Old Trafford in 2015 under Louis van Gaal, but after an impressive debut season struggled to continue the momentum under Van Gaal's successor Jose Mourinho.

At the time the Portuguese boss accused Martial of 'lacking maturity' and named him as one of the players who he felt acted like a 'spoilt kid'. Even after Mourinho had left the club he criticised the French star for wanting to play as a striker for all the wrong reasons.

Now in an interview with France Football, the 26-year-old has hit back at his former boss and revealed that he feels the disrespect began over the changing of his squad number.

‘During the holidays, he [Mourinho] sent me a message to ask if I want to change to the No 11, explaining to me that it is great because it was worn by Ryan Giggs, a club legend.

‘I tell him that I have the greatest respect for Giggs but I prefer to keep the No 9. When I returned to the club, I see my name with the No 11, the story did not end well. He [Mourinho] lacked direct respect for me.'

Anthony Martial has hit out at his former managers Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jose Mourinho. Martial says that Mourinho showed him lack of disrespect after swapping his shirt number

The Frenchman accuses Solskjaer of not backing him whilst injured calling him a 'traitor'

The United forward went on to describe how he felt he couldn't say anything to Mourinho, fearing he would just come across as a young person who lacks respect. Believing that the Portuguese's preference in playing Alexis Sanchez cost him a World Cup place.

'I was the best in the team in the first part of the season, he brought in Alexis Sanchez and there I hardly played anymore.

‘It’s the season of the World Cup and it cost me dearly, especially since the France team won [the tournament]. I should have been there.’

Martial also slammed the man who followed Mourinho into the United dugout, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. Claiming that the Norwegian refused to defend his performances whilst playing with an injury, and accusing Solskjaer of being a traitor.

Martial enjoyed much happier times under Louis van Gaal who signed him for Man Utd in 2015

Adding '‘People don’t know it, I couldn’t accelerate during the four months following the Covid season. The coach tells me he needs me, so I play. But, given my game, if I can’t accelerate, it becomes very complicated all the same. And I got set on fire [criticised by fans]… the coach never bothered to tell the media.

‘I took it very badly, I had a feeling of injustice, you are asked to sacrifice yourself for the team and behind the scenes you are dismissed. For me, it’s almost treachery. That’s all I hate. I can be blamed, but not for being fake.'

Martial did reserve praise for the man who signed him for Manchester United, stating that he had a great relationship with Louis van Gaal and described how he took the time to watch videos of his performances to help him with his game.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11199891/Anthony-Martial-hits-former-Man-United-managers-Ole-Gunnar-Solksjaer-Jose-Mourinho.html
Old 13-09-2022, 09:24 AM   #552
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Anthony Martial labelled an 'entitled nitwit' by talkSPORT pundit Simon Jordan after the Frenchman's swipes at former Man United managers Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

* Anthony Martial took aim at his former managers in a revealing interview
* French forward said that Jose Mourinho disrespected him at Manchester United
* Simon Jordan took aim at Martial for giving footballers everywhere a bad name

Simon Jordan has taken aim at Manchester United forward to Anthony Martial for being an 'entitled nitwit' following the player's recent comments directed at Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Martial, 26, took aim at two of his former managers in a recent interview with France Football for a host of reasons, notably for having felt disrespected by Mourinho and Solskjaer for an act of 'treachery' for not playing him when he returned from injury.

Speaking on talkSPORT regarding Martial's comments, Jordan criticised the United forward, claiming that such accusations risked giving footballers everywhere a bad name.

Anthony Martial took aim at two of his former managers for what he perceives as them letting him down in various ways

'So basically - you arrogant, entitled little nitwit - your manager offered you an opportunity to see his way of thinking, you perceived that as being treachery,' he said.

'And you then move it along and you take a swipe at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer... This sort of outlook and disposition, does it not stagger you a little bit and steer into the narrative that people have such a low opinion of footballers sometimes, the lack of self-awareness?'

Martial had said of his relationship with Mourinho recently: 'The story did not start well [with the shirt saga - when Mourinho took the No 9 shirt off Martial to give to Zlatan Ibrahimovic].

The Frenchman accused Jose Mourinho of disrespecting him and he Ole Gunnar Solskjaer of treachery in a revealing interview. Simon Jordan questioned Martial over his comments, labelling him 'entitled' and saying he gave footballers everywhere a bad name for not taking responsibility

'He disrespected me, straight up... He was talking about me in the press. He likes these games, but he also knows who he is doing it with.

'He knows that I am 20 years old then and that if I say something, it is I who will be the young person who lacks respect.

'The second season [at United], I was the team's top scorer in the first part of the season, he brought in Alexis Sanchez and I hardly played anymore. It cost me dearly. I should have been there [the 2018 World Cup].'

Meanwhile, on Solskjaer, Martial claimed: 'I regularly played injured. People don’t know it, I couldn’t accelerate during the four months following the Covid season.

'The coach tells me he needs me, so I play. But, given my game, if I can’t accelerate, it becomes very complicated all the same. The coach never bothered to tell the media.

'Obviously, I ended up getting injured for good and when I came back, finished, I didn’t play anymore. I took it very badly, I had a feeling of injustice, you are asked to sacrifice yourself for the team and behind the scenes you are dismissed.

'For me, it’s almost treachery. That’s all I hate. I can be blamed, but not for being fake.'

Following Solskjaer's sacking last autumn, Ralf Rangnick was brought in and Martial's fortunes as a United player did not increase exponentially.

Indeed, he was shipped off to Sevilla where he endured a difficult few months.

Jordan cited this spell in Sevilla, questioning when Martial would stand up and admit some of the fault lies with him.

'He stunk the place out at Sevilla last year, so this is not him, the dynamic is not him, it’s everybody else. It’s everybody’s fault, but him,' he said.

'So it wasn’t his fault, it was Mourinho’s fault. It wasn’t his fault, it was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s fault. I’m assuming that it was too hot in Sevilla, so it wasn’t his fault either. At what point does someone say to this fella, "shut up"?'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11204863/Anthony-Martial-labelled-entitled-nitwit-talkSPORT-presenter-Simon-Jordan.html
Old 04-10-2022, 07:00 AM   #553
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

MARTIAL: GOALS NO CONSOLATION FOR DEFEAT

Anthony Martial admits he was pleased to get back into action and open his account for the season but the Manchester United striker would obviously have preferred to be on the winning side in the derby.

The no.9's return from injury was one positive from a disappointing afternoon at the Etihad Stadium, as his two goals helped produce a final scoreline of 6-3 to the Blues.

With so many games on the horizon before the break for the World Cup, all United fans will be relieved to see Martial instantly back in the groove, particularly after he also performed well in his other competitive outing this term, the 2-1 victory over Liverpool in August.

"For sure, I would have preferred not to score and win this game," he told Canal+ afterwards. "But it's always good to come back on the grass and score.

"We are really frustrated. That's not what we wanted to do but this result is the one [that happened] and we are going to give everything to come back for the next game.

"We started the game really badly and then they were really efficient with the chances they had. It's really complicated but it's like that and we are going to do everything to be ready for the next match [on Thursday against Omonia Nicosia]."

"I feel very good but, unfortunately, I was injured and could not play a lot of games this year," he added.

And, when asked if this performance can help launch his 2022/23 from an individual point of view, Martial replied: "For sure, I've got my own goals."

In a separate interview with club media recently, the France international stressed how desperate he is to get back in the side, with the next fixture on the schedule our trip to Cyprus in the Europa League, before the Sunday night clash at Everton in the Premier League.

"I'm doing everything the best I possibly can to recover so I can come back ready and physically match fit in order to help out the team," he told us towards the end of last month.

"The Liverpool game, for sure, was one of those games in which I really wanted to play, if I possibly could at all, and that's why I came on at half-time.

"It's always very special playing in those kind of games and that's why I am going all out to come back and, above all, be fully match fit, so I can be out there and helping the team."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 09:39 AM   #554
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Anthony Martial admits Man United 'started the game really badly' against Man City in derby defeat by rivals... but the Frenchman admits he's happy to be back in the goals after late double

* Man United Anthony Martial calls side's start against Man City 'really bad'
* Erling Haaland and Phil Foden scored braces in the first half against United
* It is the second time this season United have been four goals down at halftime
* Injury prone Martial however was happy to be back on the pitch and scoring

Manchester United attacker Anthony Martial has slammed his side for starting the 6-3 defeat against Manchester City 'really badly'.

The Red Devils were outclassed at the Etihad Stadium in the first half as Erling Haaland and Phil Foden both netted braces before halftime to put them in a comfortable 4-0 lead.

Summer signing Antony gave United a goal back before both Foden and Haaland completed their hat tricks with 17 minutes left on the clock.

This flurry of goals led to the home supporters chanting 'we want ten' as they wanted to further humiliate their local rivals.

Martial, however, fired in two late consolation goals for United to restore some dignity before full time.

After the game, the 26-year-old admitted that the poor start was made worse due to City's efficiency in front of goal.

He told Canal+: 'We started the game really badly and then they were really efficient with the chances they had.

'It's really complicated but it's like that and we are going to do everything to be ready for the next match.

"We are really frustrated. That's not what we wanted to do but this result is the one and we are going to give everything to come back for the next game.'

Man United attacker Anthony Martial would rather not have scored if it meant his team won. It is the second time this season Man United have been 4-0 down at halftime this season. Martial netted a late brace against Manchester City to make the scoreline more respectable. Man United boss Erik ten Hag will have to decide whether or not to give Martial more minutes

Martial has struggled for consistent game time this season due to hamstring and Achilles injuries, but has looked like his old self when he has been on the pitch.

He is now happy to be back in the team ahead of the Red Devils' Europa League clash with Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia and the Premier League fixture against Everton at Goodison Park.

He added: 'For sure, I would have preferred not to score and win this game, but it's always good to come back on the grass and score.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11275821/Anthony-Martial-SLAMS-Man-Uniteds-really-bad-start-derby-defeat-rivals-Man-City.html
Old 07-10-2022, 09:37 AM   #555
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He has real talent': Paul Scholes backs Manchester United attacker Anthony Martial to score 'lots of goals' after impressive display against Omonia in the Europa League

* Anthony Martial was on the scoresheet for Manchester United against Omonia
* The French forward scored one minute after being substituted on to the pitch
* Former United star Paul Scholes has backed him to continue his good form

Anthony Martial has been praised for his impact in Manchester United's win over Cypriot side Omonia in the Europa League by former club players Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves.

The French forward made an immediate impact as he scored the go-ahead goal for the Red Devils just one minute after being introduced to the game as a second-half substitute.

United went on to win the game 3-2 as Marcus Rashford scored the other two goals for the club, despite having gone behind in the first half.

Martial spent time out on loan at LaLiga side Sevilla last season and his days at Manchester United had looked numbered, but under Erik ten Hag he has impressed when he has been on the pitch.

The 26-year-old has scored three goals and assisted one more in his three appearances in all competitions this season, but has struggled with niggling injuries that have hurt his time on chances of being picked.

Scholes was happy with Martial's performance, and believes that he can continue to score goals for the club.

Anthony Martial followed up his brace against Man City with another goal in the Europa League. Former Manchester Unites star Paul Scholes has insisted that Martial can score 'lots of goals'. Martial found the net against Omonia within one minute of being subbed on to the pitch

Speaking on BT Sport, Scholes said: ' He came on and he was loud, doing everything, running in behind and he did the kind of finish you expect from Martial. I think every United fan knows he has real talent, and we need to see it more often.

'He has had a quiet 18 months due to injuries and going out on loan. There is potential for him to score lots of goals for Manchester United, I just hope he can take his chance now.'

Owen Hargreaves was also impressed with Martial and insisted that he needs confidence in order to play his best football.

The former Bayern Munich midfielder wants to see Martial playing forward and not with his back to goal, as he believes that is when he is at his best.

He said: 'He is the kind of player that needs confidence, when he has it he is a handful, he is a proper player and I think he is good when he is on the move and moving forward.

'Marcus (Rashford) and Martial are really good at doing that. When they have their back to the game and have to be a wallflower, they don't like that, they want to be on the move and running at people.'

Heading into Sunday's match against Everton, Scholes was keen to see a front three of Martial, Marcus Rashford and Cristiano Ronaldo after their link-up play against Omonia.

Owen Hargreaves was happy to see Martial playing forward and on the move. Scholes backed Rashford (left) Ronaldo (right) and Martial (centre) being United's front three

This was despite Ronaldo struggling in-front of goal against the Cypriot side, but his former teammate is sure that the Portuguese star can put an end to his goal drought.

He said: 'I can on Sunday, I got the impression that there are not a lot of games that Cristiano (Ronaldo) will be able play in, and I think against Everton could be one of them as he won't have to run everywhere and into the channels.

'When he has two wide lads who have goals in them [either side], like Martial and Rashford, they were more dangerous and can go either way.

'It wasn't quite Ronaldo's night as he missed a few chances, but that won't go on for long with him, and I think if he gets the chances on Sunday he will score.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11289183/Scholes-backs-Manchester-United-attacker-Martial-score-lots-goals-impressive-display.html
Old 18-01-2023, 08:13 AM   #556
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Erik ten Hag reveals Anthony Martial 'begged' to start the Manchester derby despite an injury issue and not training, before coming off at half-time, with the forward now a doubt for Manchester United's trip to Crystal Palace tomorrow

* Anthony Martial started the Manchester derby but was withdrawn at half-time
* Man United boss Erik ten Hag said Martial had begged him to start the match
* Martial has had an increasing role under the Dutch coach in recent matches
* Loan signing Wout Weghorst could start tomorrow due to Martial's fitness issues

Erik ten Hag has revealed Anthony Martial begged to start the Manchester derby despite suffering an injury problem which had prevented him from training in the build-up to the match.

Martial started up front for United against Manchester City, but the Frenchman was withdrawn at half-time.

The hosts fell behind to Jack Grealish's goal on the hour mark, before late strikes from Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford gave Ten Hag's side a memorable 2-1 victory.

United will go in pursuit of a sixth successive Premier League win tomorrow against Crystal Palace, but Martial is a doubt for the game with the forward still nursing a problem.

United boss Ten Hag admitted Martial had begged to start the derby, with 27-year-old's ability to press seen as vital despite his lack of training in the build-up to the fixture.

'I hoped to avoid him getting injured, but he was complaining,' Ten Hag said.

Erik ten Hag revealed Anthony Martial 'begged' to play in the Manchester derby on Saturday. Martial was chosen to start because of his pressing ability but was withdrawn at half-time. Doubts over Martial's fitness could lead to Wout Weghorst starting against Crystal Palace

'That's why he also didn't train in the week and was a question mark [for the derby].

'We decided and he decided as well to start, he begged to start.

'I knew the start would be so important in this game and he is really good at pressing and he is a really big element in our pressing.

'But I needed to re-evaluate at half-time as you saw he was not capable of 100% and this is what you need. And also to avoid him getting injured.

'We took him off, but it also had a negative impact on our game after half-time.'

Martial has started United's last five Premier League matches, marking a revival in the forward's Old Trafford career, having spent the second half of last season on loan at Sevilla.

Despite scoring only three league goals in his nine Premier League appearances this campaign, Martial has had an increasing role with the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo leaving him as the only recognised centre forward.

Doubts over Martial's fitness could lead to new loan signing Wout Weghorst being handed a start against Palace.

United travel to Selhurst Park seeking a 10th consecutive win in all competitions, knowing a victory would move them second in the Premier League, six points behind leaders Arsenal.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11645283/Anthony-Martial-begged-start-Manchester-derby-despite-injury-Eri-Ten-Hag-reveals.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 118
Aba_MaczUnited, abeat_bjm, abishock, AdhiX, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, ANGGAHERRERA, Ardiey11, arik_, Artson_Toraja, asby_ansya, asririzky, Aziiz_rachman, B4YU, bang_zak, beckz_on7, Blacklist7, CaptainRoo_10, chincarito, clsenz, danz, dayat_5, Deddy Hernandez, derajulio, dhany_kai, dhodoadrian, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, edoardo, Eka UPC, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, Fajar_, Febri Angga, fey777, finza_13, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, goodfron, goodmin, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, iam_adjie, icalace, id4y, ipay, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, JEFRI REINALDI, jifortin, Jodirama, jojo poenya, Juni HW, King_Cantona, kykyba7, Lang25, larukuga, lauraniza, man_rooney, marsel david, matthewsamad, mousetrap, Mritik123, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, oldark, penk22_, prahmono, Rean, Redsbusby, revald, reza willya, Rezano, rio vander vidic, Riskur, rizkimn11_, robby7beckham, ronald hars, roodee_UID, RPP_MUFC1878, Ryan Smith, Ryan_lallo, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, simamora16, SR 7, stamansa, Taufik_Liem, tumpal_oneunited, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, Van_Munandar, Victory, victory II, weelblack, Wengge Schmeichel, widhyraditya_, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, yogiromadhona, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku