United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 09-05-2020, 12:43 AM   #421
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Louis van Gaal

Dulu Dipecat MU, Van Gaal Salahkan Woodward Si Genius Jahat
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Amsterdam - Mantan pelatih asal Belanda Louis van Gaal membahas pemecatannya di Manchester United. Van Gaal menyalahkan bos MU Ed Woodward, lebih dari Jose Mourinho.

Van Gaal ditunjuk sebagai manajer Man United menggantikan David Moyes pada musim panas 2014. Meski disuntik dengan pemain-pemain top macam Radamel Falcao dan Angel Di Maria, Setan Merah tidak menunjukkan performa meyakinkan sekalipun finis keempat di musim perdananya.

Pada musim keduanya, Van Gaal berhasil memimpin MU memenangi Piala FA. Akan tetapi, kegagalan David de Gea dkk finis empat besar membuat Van Gaal tak dapat menyelamatkan kursi manajernya.

Hanya beberapa hari setelah kesuksesan tersebut, Van Gaal didepak untuk digantikan Mourinho. Pada prosesnya, Mourinho yang ketika itu sedang lowong 'menggoda' MU. Alhasil, manajemen MU cepat-cepat untuk membuat keputusan untuk menunjuk manajer Portugal itu.

"Saya menyalahkan Ed Woodward, CEO saya di Manchester United, jauh lebih besar daripada Mourinho," kata Van Gaal kepada podcast Een-tweetje met Yves, yang dilansir Mirror.

"Menurut pandangan saya, Woodward itu si genius jahat."

Menjadi manajer MU menjadi pekerjaan terakhir Van Gaal sebelum pensiun. Sejak melatih pada 1991, Van Gaal pernah membesut tim-tim macam Barcelona, Bayern Munich, dan timnas Belanda.
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2020, 10:11 AM   #422
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'He is one of the worst people. It was s***': Rafael savages Louis van Gaal's reign at Manchester United, revealing dressing-room misery, how boss LOVED talking about himself, and his cruel axing

* Rafael da Silva has aimed both barrels at former boss Louis van Gaal
* The ex-Manchester United full-back was told to leave on Van Gaal's second day
* Rafael describes a 's***' dressing room culture as players tuned Van Gaal out
* Ryan Giggs tried to help Rafael but he was forced out under Van Gaal's reign
* Van Gaal lasted two seasons at United before being given the boot himself

Rafael da Silva insists Louis van Gaal is 'one of the worst' managers he has ever worked under as the former Manchester United full-back opened up on the 's***' tenure of the Dutchman at Old Trafford.

Van Gaal was brought in by United as successor to David Moyes but Rafael - who feels no ill-will towards Moyes - was soon to learn he had no future under the new boss, and he was even shunned on the first day of training by Van Gaal.

'I talk bad about some people, like Van Gaal. I don't like Van Gaal,' Rafael told the Athletic.

Louis van Gaal (left) created a 's***' culture at Manchester United, according to Rafael (right)

Van Gaal succeeded David Moyes and told Rafael on his second day that he was free to leave. Rafael was a flying full-back at United before having his wings clipped by Van Gaal

'When they said Van Gaal was the manager, a lot of friends called me. I could not believe it, as a lot of people told me he does not like Brazilians (because of their style of play). They told me: "The first thing he is going to do is take you out."

'Actually, it was the second thing because on the first day, he did not speak to me. On the second day, he said: "You can leave." I had not even trained and he said that. I could not believe it.'

‘I said: “OK.” I still tried to battle for my place. I stayed one year with him. It was so, so hard. He is one of the worst people I have worked with.'

Rafael, a three-time Premier League champion under Sir Alex Ferguson, felt disrespected.

He recalled how at every meal time for the first team Van Gaal would interrupt with a speech.

Rafael, who left Manchester United to join Lyon in 2015, revealed that Van Gaal is 'one of the worst people I have worked for' in his professional footballing career to date

Rafael explained how Ryan Giggs (right) attempted to fight his corner with Van Gaal

It was not welcomed by the squad in the eyes of Rafael and he believes it created a 's***' culture that contributed to their demise in recent seasons.

'Every day, after breakfast, after lunch, or if we had dinner together, he would speak to everyone for 15 minutes about training, about what has happened, about everything, about life,' Rafael explained.

'You know when you start to stop listening to what someone is saying, because they speak so much? He wanted to show he could speak. But it was every day! All the time!

'You need to wait for everybody to finish their food to leave, which is fine, OK. But then we watched him talk, for 15 minutes, with all due respect, about s***. That is the truth, man. It was s***.

'He didn't care how people are, he just wanted to think about himself — "I am like this, you respect me, you do like I want." That's how he speaks. Players get tired of this. You don't need to speak all the time. If we talk (about culture), he changed everything.'

Former Manchester United defender Rafael has moved from Lyon to Istanbul Basaksehir. Rafael and his twin brother Fabio were once seen as the future of United's defence

Rafael, who joined Istanbul Basaksehir on a free transfer this summer, fought for his place under Van Gaal for one season before accepting his fate and leaving.

He joined Lyon in 2015 to end his seven-year stint with United, where he and his twin brother, Fabio, were once seen as the future of United's defence. Fabio left United for Cardiff in 2014 and now plays for Nantes.

Van Gaal would go on to last another season at Old Trafford before he himself was given the boot - despite winning the FA Cup against Crystal Palace at Wembley. It was the only piece of silverware the Dutchman won as United boss.

The style of football and mood of the first-team squad had deteriorated and Van Gaal was replaced by Jose Mourinho in the summer of 2016.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8780235/Rafael-savages-ex-Man-United-boss-Louis-van-Gaal-one-WORST-people-worked-with.html
Old 18-02-2021, 09:39 AM   #423
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'I have no need to defend myself against so much injustice!': Louis van Gaal hits back at Adnan Januzaj's claim he didn't show him enough 'love' at Manchester United ahead of Belgian's reunion with his former club

* Louis van Gaal has responded to Adnan Januzaj's criticism of his coaching style
* Januzaj told Sportsmail Van Gaal did not give young players enough support
* The winger played just 28 times with the Dutch manager in charge at United
* He left for Real Sociedad in 2017 and now faces his old club in the Europa League

Louis van Gaal has hit back at Adnan Januzaj's claim that he didn't show him enough 'love' at Manchester United ahead of the Belgian's reunion with his former club.

Januzaj was highly touted as a youngster at United but left for Real Sociedad in 2017 after a series of setbacks. He now faces the Red Devils for the first time in the Europa League last-32 on Thursday.

The 26-year-old told Sportsmail he found life tough under Van Gaal at United, but the Dutch coach has refuted claims he wasn't supportive enough towards young players.

Louis van Gaal (right) has hit back at Adnan Januzaj's (left) criticism of his coaching style

'I have absolutely no need to defend myself against so much injustice!,' Van Gaal wrote in an email to The Athletic.

'The self-image of players leaves the wishes! And my career as a coach/manager shows just how many young players could take their chances under my leadership!

'With a kind box, LvG,' he signed off.

Januzaj has routinely stated that Van Gaal's abrasive coaching style was part of the reason he was not able to fulfil his potential at Old Trafford.

The Belgian broke into the first team under David Moyes but played just 28 times for the Scot's replacement Van Gaal in his two-year spell at the club.

'When I played my first season at United and came through the academy, people were showing me love,' Januzaj told Sportsmail. 'The coaches were letting me enjoy my football.

'Then obviously when a coach (Van Gaal) comes who doesn't show you love, it gets more difficult to prove yourself and be happy.

'Even if you had a bad pass, Van Gaal would shout at you. For young players that isn't good, you have to teach them. A coach is like a teacher, that's what I missed the most.

The Belgian made 63 apperances for United but failed to live up to his promise at Old Trafford

'As young players we just had to sit there and wait for our opportunity to play for 10 or 15 minutes. Okay, we can show a glimpse of our quality but you cannot show how good you are.'

Januzaj made 63 appearances for United, scoring five goals and providing six assists, but failed to live up to the promise placed on his shoulders by Sir Alex Ferguson.

He was loaned out to Borussia Dortmund and Sunderland with mixed results, suffering Premier League relegation with the Black Cats.

The winger eventually signed for Real Sociedad for £9.8million when he realised his opportunities at United would be limited.

He has since made 109 appearances for the LaLiga side, racking up 16 goals and 16 assists.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9269433/I-no-need-defend-Louis-van-Gaal-responds-Adnan-Januzajs-claim.html
Old 01-07-2021, 09:48 AM   #424
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Former Manchester United, Ajax and Barcelona boss Louis van Gaal ready to step out of retirement and take charge of Holland for THIRD time after Frank de Boer quit following shock European Championship exit

* The 69-year-old was overlooked when Frank de Boer replaced Ronald Koeman
* De Boer, 51, quit on Tuesday following the last-16 defeat by the Czech Republic
* Despite the recent snub, van Gaal is 'not unwilling' to be Holland coach again

Former Manchester United, Ajax and Barcelona manager Louis van Gaal is reportedly ready to come out of retirement to be Holland boss for the third time.

The 69-year-old was overlooked when Frank de Boer replaced Barcelona bound Ronald Koeman last September.

But De Boer, 51, quit on Tuesday following the shock European Championship last-16 defeat by the Czech Republic.

Former Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal could replace Frank de Boer as Holland boss

Despite the recent snub, Van Gaal is 'not unwilling in advance to a third contract as national coach. In any case, they can call,' reports Dutch website de Volkskrant.

Van Gaal was previously national coach twice before.

He failed to qualify for the 2002 World Cup, but in 2014 he guided the Dutch to the semi-finals in Brazil, when they lost to Argentina.

Louis van Gaal is set to make a brief return to management with a Dutch second-tier club. Supporters of SC Telstar can win the chance to be Van Gaal's assistant as a lottery prize

Van Gaal has already agreed to make a brief return to management five years after his sacking by Manchester United.

The fearsome coach, 69, is to take charge of Dutch second division side SC Telstar next season - but just for the one game.

Van Gaal, who played in Telstar's midfield for a single season in 1977-78, is returning to the dug-out briefly as part of the club's fundraising drive.

Supporters can buy lottery tickets, priced at just £2.50, to be entered into a draw to be Van Gaal's assistant for a one-off fixture next season.

The ex-Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Holland boss joked: 'If you want to make a mess of a game alongside me, buy a lottery ticket!'

Other prizes on offer for the draw on July 17 include tickets to the Dutch Grand Prix, PlayStations, football kits and, bizarrely, a shower unit.

A video put out by Telstar showed Van Gaal and his wife Truus walking into Telstar's stadium before putting pen to paper on a new 'contract'.

The money raised from the lottery will be donated to the Spieren door Spieren Foundation, a charity which fights against muscle disease in children.

Van Gaal hasn't returned to management following his two-season spell with United, which culminated in his sacking just two days after they won the FA Cup.

He didn't announce his official retirement from the game until March 2019.

It's five years since Van Gaal's two-year tenure as Manchester United boss came to an end. Van Gaal's United beat Crystal Palace to win the FA Cup but he was sacked just two days later

Van Gaal played in the Eredivisie, the Dutch top flight, when at Telstar and then followed their manager Mircea Petescu on to Sparta Rotterdam.

Based in the northern town of Ijmuiden, Telstar are now a second tier outfit and finished 13th in the Eerste Divisie last season. They play their home games at the 3,625-seater Rabobank Ijmond Stadion.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9742139/Louis-van-Gaal-ready-step-retirement-charge-Holland-time.html
Old 05-08-2021, 12:48 PM   #425
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Louis van Gaal returns to manage Holland for a THIRD time as he's confirmed as their new boss... with 69-year-old taking his first job since being sacked by Manchester United in 2016!

* Louis van Gaal has been appointed Frank de Boer's successor as Holland boss
* The 69-year-old returns to the post for the third time in his managerial career
* He was previously in charge between 2000 and 2002 and 2012 and 2014
* This is van Gaal's first managerial job since he left Man United five years ago

Louis van Gaal was named on Wednesday as the new coach of the Netherlands, signing a deal through to next year's World Cup finals in Qatar.

It is the third time he will take charge of the Dutch side, with his latest appointment coming less than a week before his 70th birthday.

'Dutch football has always been close to my heart and coaching the national team is, in my opinion, a key position for moving our football forward.

Holland's national team confirmed Louis van Gaal has been appointed their new manager. It will be the 69-year-old manager's third spell in charge of the Holland national team

'Moreover, I consider it an honour to coach the Dutch national team,' he said in a statement.

Van Gaal will start in September with three World Cup qualifying matches, replacing Frank de Boer, who quit after the European Championship.

This is van Gaal's first job back in management since being sacked by Manchester United back in 2016.

The Dutchman has managed his country on two previous occasions.

His first spell in charge from 2000 to 2002 ended in disaster as Holland failed to qualify for the World Cup in South Korea and Japan for the first time since 1986.

Van Gaal enjoyed better success in his second reign, leading the Dutch side to the semi-finals of the 2014 World Cup before leaving his post to take over at United.

Van Gaal was most recently in charge in 2014, leading them to the World Cup semi-finals. The experienced boss has been out of work since bein sacked by Manchester United in 2016

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9859965/Louis-van-Gaal-returns-manage-Holland-time.html
Old 29-03-2022, 09:34 AM   #426
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Man United are a commercial club... He'd be better off at a football club': Holland boss Louis van Gaal tells countryman Erik ten Hag to REJECT the Old Trafford job, after seeing their issues first-hand

* Erik ten Hag is one of the leading candidates to become Manchester United boss
* The Ajax manager has already been interviewed over taking the role long-term
* But Louis van Gaal, a former United boss, has warned him against taking it on

Louis Van Gaal has told Erik ten Hag not to take the Manchester United manager's job, warning they are more of a business than a football club.

Sportsmail revealed last week that the Ajax boss had been interviewed as United look to replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and interim manager Ralf Rangnick.

But Van Gaal - sacked by United hours after lifting the FA Cup in 2016 - told his fellow Dutchman to look elsewhere for his next job.

Erik ten Hag is a great manager and that's good for Manchester United, but Manchester United are a commercial club,' Van Gaal said. 'I'm not going to advise him but he should choose a football club, not a commercial one.'

Van Gaal has been outspoken about how financial matters often made life difficult during his time at United.

The Holland coach, 70, bemoaned long pre-season tours and the club's recruitment process, views echoed by Jose Mourinho.

Ten Hag is a wanted man across Europe, with his Ajax deal ending in 2023. United are also keen on Mauricio Pochettino, Luis Enrique and Julen Lopetegui.

Van Gaal won the FA Cup in his two years as United boss but was sacked shortly before United moved to bring Mourinho in as manager.

Ajax manager Erik ten Hag is one of the leading candidates to become Man United manager. But Holland manager Louis van Gaal has warned his countryman against taking the job. Van Gaal said United are 'a commercial club' and that Ten Hag should join 'a football club'

The now Holland manager worked alongside Ed Woodward as chief executive at United, who was often perceived as focusing on raising revenue off the pitch but unable to deliver success on it.

Richard Arnold took the reigns from Woodward in the day-to-day running of the club on February 1 and will oversee United's appointment of a new long-term manager at Old Trafford.

Van Gaal has been critical of Woodward in the past. Talking to the BBC after his United sacking, he said: 'I can imagine Woodward chooses Mourinho. He is a top coach. He has won a lot of titles. More than me.

'What I don't like is Woodward contacting my successor, knowing in his mind he will replace me and he keeps his mouth shut for six months. Every Friday I had to go into press conferences and be asked what I thought about the rumours. What does that do to the authority of the coach?

'To win the FA Cup when, for six months, the media has a noose round my neck, is my biggest achievement.

'I spoke to Woodward the day after that game. His argument was that I was only going to be there for one more year and Mourinho would be there for three, four or five. I appreciate he hired a private plane to get me back to Portugal but his arguments were not good enough.'

Now as Holland manager, Van Gaal is preparing his side for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. They meet Germany in a friendly on Tuesday night.

United, meanwhile, are sixth in the Premier League standings and four points off Arsenal, who occupy the fourth and final Champions League qualifying place.

The Gunners have a game in hand on United, whose pursuit of the top four resumes at the weekend when they host Leicester at Old Trafford.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10660063/Holland-boss-Louis-van-Gaal-tells-countryman-Erik-ten-Haag-REJECT-Man-United-job.html
Old 04-04-2022, 09:31 AM   #427
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Holland manager and former Man United boss Louis van Gaal reveals he's battling a 'pretty aggressive form' of prostate cancer - and admits he's been keeping his diagnosis quiet from his players

* Louis van Gaal has managed some of the biggest teams in world football
* He has been in the dugout at Man United, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Ajax
* The 70-year-old has revealed he has been diagnosed with prostate cancer

Former Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has announced that he is battling prostate cancer.

The Netherlands head coach confirmed the diagnosis on Dutch television show Humberto as he promoted his new film, LOUIS, explaining that he had kept the illness a secret from his players for a considerable period of time.

'In each period during my time as manager of the national team I had to leave in the night to go to the hospital without the players finding it out until now, while thinking I was healthy, but... I am not,' he said.

'I think you don't tell people you work with like that because it might influence their choices, their decisiveness. So I thought they shouldn't know.'

Going into more detail on his health issue, Van Gaal revealed that he had a 'pretty aggressive form' of cancer, but was staying positive as he paid tribute to the hospital staff that had treated him.

'You don't die from prostate cancer, at least not in 90 per cent of the cases. It is usually other underlying diseases that kill you.

'But I had a pretty aggressive form, got irradiated 25 times. Then you have a lot of management to do in order to go through life.

'I did have preferential treatment in the hospital. I was allowed in through the back door when I went to an appointment and was immediately pushed into another room.

'I have been treated wonderfully. You will of course tell your friends and relatives about it. The fact that nothing has come out yet also says something about my environment. That's great.'

Despite his battle with cancer, Van Gaal has managed to guide the Netherlands to the World Cup in Qatar later this year. They will face hosts Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal in the group stages.

Netherlands manager Louis van Gaal has revealed that he is battling prostate cancer. Van Gaal is currently in charge of his country's national team for the third time in his career. Van Gaal has said that he kept his diagnosis a secret from his players for some time

His most recent role in club management came in the Premier League, when he was handed the United job in 2014.

He lasted two years at Old Trafford, and won the FA Cup in his final game at the helm as his side beat Crystal Palace 2-1 at Wembley.

His former employers have been quick to send a message of support to Van Gaal, posting on Twitter: 'Everybody at Manchester United is fully behind our former manager, Louis van Gaal, in his battle against cancer.

'Sending you strength and courage, Louis,' accompanied by a heart emoji.

Van Gaal has had a glittering coaching career which has lasted over three decades. He led Ajax to Champions League glory in 1995, and he won league titles in Spain and Germany with Barcelona and Bayern Munich, respectively.

The Catalan giants also sent out a heartfelt message to their ex-boss on social media, writing: 'Our thoughts and prayers go out to former Barça manager Louis van Gaal, who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Stay strong, Louis, and get well soon.'

The Dutchman has been in charge of his country's national team on three separate occasions, and he is highly regarded in his homeland after leading Holland to a third-place finish at the 2014 World Cup.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-10682219/Louis-van-Gaal-announces-prostate-cancer.html
gws LVG
Old 05-04-2022, 09:22 AM   #428
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'We are all behind you': 'Indebted' Marcus Rashford leads messages of support to Louis van Gaal alongside the Dutchman's old clubs Bayern Munich and Barcelona after the ex-Man United boss revealed he has an 'aggressive form' of prostate cancer

* Louis van Gaal announced on Sunday evening that he is battling prostate cancer
* The 70-year-old confirmed his diagnosis on TV and said it is an aggressive form
* Van Gaal has undergone treatment on 25 occasions to help manage the cancer
* Marcus Rashford has taken to social media to support his former United boss
* He thanked the Dutchman for handing him his senior Manchester United debut

Marcus Rashford has taken to social media to support Louis van Gaal after the former Manchester United manager announced that he is battling prostate cancer.

The 70-year-old, who won the FA Cup during his time in charge of Manchester United, confirmed his diagnosis on a Dutch television show called Humberto on Sunday evening.

While promoting a new documentary about his life, Van Gaal revealed he was dealing with an 'aggressive' form of cancer and said that he had already undergone treatment on 25 occasions.

Following the news, Rashford took to social media to offer his support to the Dutch coach - who joined United in 2014 as David Moyes' replacement.

Louis van Gaal announced on Sunday evening that he is battling 'aggressive' prostate cancer. Van Gaal spent two years at Manchester United, winning the FA Cup in his final season. During his time in charge, Van Gaal handed Rashford his senior United debut. Rashford scored eight goals during the 18 appearances he was afforded by Van Gaal

The Manchester United star said: 'Earned my debut from LVG. Will forever be indebted. You can fight this. We are all behind you'.

Rashford was handed his senior Manchester United debut by Van Gaal in February 2016 when the Red Devils faced Danish side FC Midtjylland in the Europa League.

The Dutchman showed his faith in the young United starlet and it appeared to pay off as Rashford introduced himself to the Old Trafford faithful with two vital goals.

Rashford also scored twice on his Premier League debut under the Dutch manager - helping the Red Devils overcome Arsenal 3-2 at Old Trafford.

The England international continued to repay his manager by scoring eight goals during the 18 appearances he was afforded.

Rashford is not the only one who has taken to social media to offer their support. Van Gaal's former employers Manchester United shared a message on Sunday evening.

The club's message read: 'Everybody at Manchester United is fully behind our former manager, Louis van Gaal, in his battle against cancer. Sending you strength and courage, Louis.'

Barcelona also sent out a heartfelt message to their former boss - who moved to the club in 1997 to take over from Bobby Robson and help the team win two La Liga titles.

The Catalan giants wrote: 'Our thoughts and prayers go out to former Barça manager Louis van Gaal, who has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. Stay strong, Louis, and get well soon.'

David de Gea joined the support for Van Gaal on Sunday night by sharing a picture of himself and the manager on his Instagram story.

Meanwhile, Bayern Munich - who hired Van Gaal in 2009 - tweeted on Monday saying: 'FC Bayern would like to wish former head coach Louis van Gaal all the best as he battles cancer. We all know how strong a person he is. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery!'.

Van Gaal has had a glittering coaching career which has lasted over three decades. He led Ajax to Champions League glory in 1995, and he won league titles in Spain and Germany with Barcelona and Bayern Munich, respectively.

He also managed to guide the Netherlands to the World Cup in Qatar later this year. They will face hosts Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal in the group stages.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10683845/Indebted-Marcus-Rashford-leads-messages-support-Louis-van-Gaal.html
Old 19-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #429
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Louis van Gaal's sacking by Manchester United STILL impacts the Holland boss and his tactical methods, claims Chelsea legend Ruud Gullit... as his 'beloved' system failed during spell at Old Trafford

* Ruud Gullit insists that Louis van Gaal is still impacted by his Man United sacking
* The 71-year-old was dismissed after just two seasons in charge at Old Trafford
* Van Gaal is currently in his third stint at Holland boss for the 2022 World Cup

Holland boss Louis van Gaal is still affected by his Manchester United sacking, former Barcelona and Chelsea legend Ruud Gullit has revealed.

The 71-year-old was sacked by United in 2016 after just two seasons in charge, despite winning the FA Cup by beating Crystal Palace at Wembley Stadium, just 24 hours before.

Van Gaal, who is currently in his third stint as Holland boss having been reappointed last year out of retirement, is set to lead them during the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Dutch legend Gullit believes the experienced manager uses his failure at United to have a different outlook on his tactics - despite being so successful with Holland in the past.

Holland boss Louis van Gaal (pictured) is still affected by his Manchester United sacking. Van Gaal was sacked by United back in 2016 after just two seasons in charge at Old Trafford. Holland legend Ruud Gullit has claimed his United failure changed his outlook

Gullit told The Mirror: 'Van Gaal always thinks it is the system and his tactics that make a team successful. But he failed at Man United with his so-called system.

'When he played the World Cup in Brazil with Oranje, he loved the 3-5-2 system. He thought then that he could take that with him to Manchester United.

'But there he had a completely different group of players and it is not the system that wins, but the team - and the best players that win games.

'At United he had to go back to the drawing board.'

Holland finished third in the 2014 World Cup under van Gaal, losing to Argentina in the semi-finals, but beating hosts Brazil in the third place play-off clash.

Holland finished third in the 2014 World Cup under van Gaal after beating hosts Brazil. Holland will come up against the likes of Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal in the group-stages

Gullit added: 'He needs to get this right if he wants to bow out on a high, because while he may think he is a great coach, in 2010 Bert van Marwijk took us to the final and only lost in extra time.

'Van Marwijk is the best coach - not Van Gaal, who has never reached a World Cup final.

'What I don't like is that Van Gaal still tries to claim all the success whenever the team is doing okay.

'We have a good spine in the team with Virgil van Dijk as centre-half, Frenkie de Jong as the playmaker in midfield and Memphis Depay as the key striker.

'The problem for some is that they have not played much this season. You have to be top fit to play every three days and in the knockout phase you might have to go 120 minutes.'

Van Gaal will be looking to go one step further now that he is back in charge when they come up against the likes of Qatar, Ecuador and Senegal in the group-stages of the tournament with the ambition of progressing into the knock-out stages.

The Dutch kick off their Group A campaign against Senegal on Monday with Van Gaal insisting they have a chance to be crowned world champions in his first press conference earlier this week.

'I believe we don't have the best players in the world in our team but I believe in team building and tactics and we have players who can execute the tactical plan of the coach.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11446845/Manchester-United-sacking-impacts-Holland-boss-Louis-van-Gaals-tactical-outlook.html
Old 18-01-2023, 08:33 AM   #430
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Louis van Gaal CRIED when Man United brutally sacked him, Sir Alex Ferguson stopped talking to us as the firing loomed and Wayne Rooney was furious: Manager's wife spills the details of his final days at Old Trafford

* Louis van Gaal was sacked by Manchester United days after winning the FA Cup
* His wife Truus has revealed that she sensed her husband was going to be sacked
* She said that club legends including Sir Alex Ferguson stopped talking to her
* Truus also revealed that her husband cried after being sacked by United
* Wayne Rooney meanwhile was disappointed his former manager was sacked

Louis van Gaal's wife has revealed the Dutch manager cried after his brutal sacking by Manchester United back in 2016.

The Dutchman had just led the Red Devils to the FA Cup with a 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace in the final before he was dismissed two days later following months of speculation over his future at the club. He had reportedly been informed that he would be let go just hours after the triumph at Wembley.

His wife Truus revealed in the Amazon Prime documentary 'Van Gaal' that she sensed her husband would get the sack, after United legends such as Sir Alex Ferguson stopped greeting them as Ed Woodward plotted the Dutchman's departure.

Louis van Gaal's wife has revealed that he cried after being sacked by Manchester United. His dismissal came just two days after he guided Manchester United to glory in the FA Cup. Truus van Gaal (left) sensed that her husband was going to be sacked by the Red Devils in 2016

'I knew Louis would be fired by Manchester United. I felt it,' she says in the documentary.

'We had a small boardroom there and it was always fun with the old Manchester legends, Ferguson, Bobby Charlton. We had a table there with good food and drinks.

'Suddenly, they stopped greeting us, just waved from afar. Something was wrong. It was female intuition.

'Then when the man (Woodward) denies it, Louis accepts it. I said, 'Louis, you're going to be fired. Get wise to it.' And I slammed the door of the apartment shut.

'After the FA Cup final, Louis said, 'Well, we did it!' I said, 'Louis, they say you've been fired.'

'He got so angry! 'Why did you have to spoil my party? Stop all this aggressive nonsense!'

Truus van Gaal said United legends like Sir Alex Ferguson had stopped greeting them. There was months of speculation that Ed Woodward (right) was plotting to fire the Dutchman

'Later, he said, "Hi, it's Louis. You can come home, you were right". His voice sounded broken, so I said, "Alright, I'm on my way". When I came home I could see he'd been crying. I hugged him. I had tears in my eyes too.'

In the film, Van Gaal holds a video call with Wayne Rooney, who recalls Truus was 'angry' in the aftermath of the Cup final.

Rooney himself was annoyed with Van Gaal's departure from Old Trafford as he told his former boss: 'I was very disappointed because I felt that everything was moving in the right direction. I felt if you had one more year we would have been successful.'

Wayne Rooney spoke to Van Gaal in the Amazon Prime documentary and the former Manchester United captain said he was 'disappointed' at the time the Dutchman got sacked

Van Gaal's sacking came on the back of a season in which they failed to qualify for the Champions League and scored a measly 49 Premier League goals on their way to finishing fifth.

The Dutchman spent £284million at the club on the likes of Angel Di Maria, Anthony Martial and Radamel Falcao.

Van Gaal though complained to Rooney after they didn't 'buy the players he wanted' with moves for the likes of Sadio Mane, Sergio Ramos, Thomas Muller and Robert Lewandowski failing to materialise.

He told the D.C. United manager: 'It's unbelievable. I was at the richest club in the world and I could not buy the players I wanted.

'Manchester was my most difficult period. I came in as a manager and everything was disappointing. Most of the players in the squad were over 30. It was my job to sort it out. Rooney was also nearing 30.'

Van Gaal was replaced in the United hotseat by Jose Mourinho, with the Portuguese's appointment announced three days after the Dutchman was sacked.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11644127/Louis-van-Gaals-wife-reveals-cried-Man-United-brutally-sacked-him.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 149
4ntdarma, 7Magnificent, @edosarag1h, A.Per Utd, Aba_MaczUnited, adhe united macz, Adum saleh, akbar_most, alan_herrera, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, Aman, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, apriliandi, Ardiey11, arik_, asririzky, ayahocta, babol, bangkit, bang_zak, Bengzimare, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, Bulma, CharlieRomeo, chevy solskjaer, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Cupy, d10neladitya, Deddy Hernandez, DeE_, DenisRadiansyah, derry07cantona, dhodoadrian, dulsun, ecly_watchaa, EGnxPEthtx, endhy_cantona, eyeofday, Faisalharun, Fajar_, fajrinited, Febri Angga, ferly_Liemz, fey777, flying_dutchman, franky winata, fredrian.seven, ghopoereds, ghostman, goodfron, goodmin, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, HenryRooney07, hombreng, iam_adjie, icebreaker, id4y, Ip2ank_utd, ipay, irfan_thered, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, J. A. Adji, Jak_Ilcapitano_11, jifortin, Jodirama, Lang25, lauraniza, marviel, matthewsamad, mochies5, mousetrap, mygalzbiatch, NdeGue, nobitanta, nu_reccayasha, octus, oldark, Om Juna, OSziXXoztn, OYrmKRgssa, paiman, panjoel, penk22_, prahmono, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, rohibur rizqi, ronald hars, Rony_17, Roronoa Rooney, Ryan_lallo, Sacri, SatriaRedArmy, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, Shi no Gekai, shul fitra, smile_boy, SR 7, stamansa, tasho, theater of dream, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uncu, UNITED1878, united7, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, Uwie_andriana, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, wira_ozora, word89vkodv, Yayat Dg Kulle, yockel_777, YRgoFManpm, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku