United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 26-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #311
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ~ 20Legend

SOLSKJAER: WE HAVE TO GET USED TO VAR

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he was surprised that VAR failed to intervene to award more penalties in Manchester United’s defeat to Crystal Palace.

United were given one spot-kick in the 2-1 loss, which Marcus Rashford agonisingly struck against the post, after Scott McTominay was tripped in the box by Palace captain Luka Milivojevic.

However, when speaking to MUTV and in his post-match press conference, Ole opined that other incidents should have resulted in penalties.

“There were a few other [penalties we should have been given], definitely.

“I think we were unlucky with the [Anthony] Martial one as we felt it was a clear and obvious penalty, a nailed-on one.”

Referring to the incident that saw the French forward seemingly brought down in the box by Martin Kelly, the United manager spoke of his surprise that VAR wasn’t used to review the potential foul.

“I am surprised [VAR didn’t intervene] because it was definitely a nailed-on penalty. He will not slip if he doesn’t have a 100kg centre-back on his shoulders.”

The Norwegian also claimed that Palace defender Gary Cahill should have been shown a straight red card, rather than the yellow he did receive, after bringing down Martial in the first half.

“I don’t want to go on about decisions all the time, but he was clear and through on goal, one-on-one, and [the foul] stops a goalscoring opportunity. For me, it is no doubt.”

VAR is a new addition to this season’s Premier League, and has been a hot topic of debate with managers and pundits alike questioning some of the decisions and consistencies around the use of the technology.

However, when asked if VAR is potentially harmful to the game, the United manager stated his belief that clubs need to become accustomed to the system.

“We have to get used to it. There will be discussions because it’s the same referees making those decisions, just in a different room down at Stockley Park.

“Sometimes, I think they are making wrong decisions and sometimes they’ve done well. It will work itself out and find its way.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2019, 06:53 PM   #312
tumpal_oneunited
captain
Once United Always United!!

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
tumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond reputetumpal_oneunited has a reputation beyond repute

Ayo Ole, perbaikilah prestasinya United di tanganmu.
Semoga bisa 4 besar nih musim ini. Amin.
tumpal_oneunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:41 AM   #313
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

20 tahun lebih berlalu namun tetap teringat, hehe..

Solskjaer: Treble Man United Mustahil Bisa Ditiru
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Manchester - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer percaya pencapaian treble Manchester United akan sulit diulang lagi. Menyusul kegagalan Liverpool usai tersingkir di babak kelima Piala FA.
Kekalahan 0-2 di markas Chelsea, Rabu (4/3/2020) dinihari WIB, memastikan Liverpool gagal mewujudkan treble di 2019/20. Padahal Liverpool sedang kuat-kuatnya bahkan disebut sebagai tim terbaik dunia saat ini.

The Reds unggul 22 poin dari rival terdekatnya Manchester City sehingga di ambang memenangi Liga Inggris. Selain itu Liverpool masih bertahan di Liga Champions sekalipun kalah 0-1 dari Atletico Madrid di leg pertama babak 16 besar.

Manajer MU Solskjaer menjadi bagian dari skuad Setan Merah yang menjuarai Liga Inggris, Piala FA, dan Liga Champions di 1998/99. Menurut dia, sukses Man United memenangi treble tidak lepas dari daya saing yang masih minim di sepakbola Inggris. Namun, seiring meningkatnya daya saing maka memenangi treble dinilai Solskjaer hampir mustahil.

"Kami berharap kami bisa melakukannya lagi, tapi itu adalah sebuah pekerjaan yang sulit dan kurang lebih mustahil karena ada banyak sekali tim bagus sekarang ini," ucap Solskjaer dilansir ESPNFC.

"Hal itu sudah berubah secara domestik. Saat itu tinggal kami atau Arsenal di 1999, dan sekarang ada lebih banyak tim lagi.

Hingga kini belum ada tim Inggris lain yang bisa meniru jejak Man United. Namun di Eropa, hanya dua tim yaitu Barcelona 2008/09, 2014/15 dan Bayern Munich di 2012/13.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:17 AM   #314
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SOLSKJAER COMPARES JORDAN TO A FEARLESS UNITED GREAT

Like so many lovers of sport, Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been binge-watching The Last Dance, a documentary series on Netflix, which chronicles the career of NBA legend Michael Jordan and has a particular focus on the Chicago Bulls’ dramatic 1997/98 season.

The Reds boss has been inspired by the access-all-areas footage of Jordan in his prime during the 1990s, when he became an iconic figure by using his unrivalled ability to lead the Bulls to glory.

In a fascinating comparison, Solskjaer admits he sees similarities between the basketball legend and his former United captain Roy Keane, who, alongside Sir Alex Ferguson, drove our great club to unprecedented success around the same time as that celebrated Chicago Bulls team.

When asked on the BBC’s Football Focus programme if he has put his football duties to one side during the ongoing lockdown, Solskjaer pointed out he will always be obsessed with the beautiful game and continues to work hard. However, in his free time, he admits the Jordan miniseries has caught his attention.

“No you don't put that on hold,” Ole explained to Dan Walker. “It never stops. If you are in a job, or not in a job, but have been bitten by the football bug then you always spend time on it.

“I don't think I've been different to anyone else. You watch TV, you watch series, you've got to switch off from football then, but then you find Netflix and you find The Last Dance about Michael Jordan. It takes me back to when I was a player and the great team of Sir Alex's.

“Michael Jordan, as a leader, you think of Roy Keane straightaway. There are so many similarities to my team, seeing that [Chicago Bulls] team, so it has been inspiring and a great watch.“

Solskjaer is not the only person at United who has been inspired by The Last Dance documentary, with assistant manager Mike Phelan among those who have been tuning in and taking notes.

“This is some serious TV,” he tweeted via his official account earlier this week. “The very nature of elite sport as it was intended. Get your pen and paper out and watch. More in here for any player or coach than on an y webinar or course if you can decipher it. There’s the challenge!”

Phelan later posted the cover of a book called Eleven Rings by the legendary Chicago Bulls coach Phil Jackson, which delves into the secrets behind the American’s success in NBA.

Meanwhile, from the squad, Aaron Wan-Bissaka revealed to us that he’s also been motivated by Jordan’s unrelenting desire to win at all costs.

“I started watching The Last Dance, a big documentary about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls,” the young defender told us in late April. “I’m one episode in and already it’s so inspirational.

“You see this absolute legend of basketball, how he started, what he went through, what he had to do to get to the top of his sport, and you can’t help but be motivated. During hard times, especially like we’re in now, it just makes you think about everything.”

www.manutd.com
Old 10-06-2020, 09:42 AM   #315
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'One rotten apple in the basket will rot the others': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits he is wary of chasing big-money superstars for Man United after casting off Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku

* Manchester United made a series of high-profile mistakes in the transfer market
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has sought to buy younger, up and coming talent at United
* He wants to keep signing players of a similar profile in the upcoming window

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has warned he will not buy 'rotten apples' for his Manchester United squad and wants new signings to fit in with the existing dressing room.

The Norwegian signed Daniel James, Harry Maguire and Aaron Wan-Bissaka in his first summer at the club as he built a squad around young and primarily British players.

While Bruno Fernandes arrived in January, Solskjaer's focus does seem to be on up and coming players who fit the existing mould.

It comes in contrast to those who were bought before Solskjaer took over after a series of high-profile, expensive mistakes.

Paul Pogba has faced criticism for his attitude and has not hit the heights expected of him when United broke the transfer record to bring him back for £89million in 2016. Graeme Souness, for example, wrote last season: 'Pogba plays for himself, it's all about how cool he looks, showing us how clever he is.

'I reckon Pogba's only in the team to maintain his transfer value until United can sell him, because he doesn't merit his place for any other reason. Perhaps we're now seeing the selfish player Fergie didn't fancy first time round?'

Alexis Sanchez, who earns £500,000-a-week, has been farmed out on loan to Inter Milan after struggling following his move from Arsenal.

Romelu Lukaku, another expensive purchase, was sold to the Italian giants last summer.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has warned he will not buy 'rotten apples' for Manchester United

And Solskjaer has now made it clear that he wants new arrivals – with the likes of Jadon Sancho and Kai Havertz linked – at the end of the season that reflect his own personality.

'I did feel that I was professional and did feel privileged to play for Manchester United,' Solskjaer told the Shiv Nadar Foundation.

'I wouldn't be able to look at myself if I didn't know I'd given everything for my team-mates and my manager.

'That's what I also now look for in players that we sign or we bring up from the youth team. You have to have a good personality and that you are professional because one rotten apple in the basket will make the others rotten.

'So for me it's about building a team that will reflect me and my coaching staff's personalities and views. Of course there are standards because we want to win. We are in the business to win.

'But the first step to be a Manchester United player and person, you have to be humble enough to know you always have to work hard. Never give in and always do your best, 100 per cent effort is required every day and don't think you are better than you are.

'You still have to play with that confidence at the same time. It's a fine balance but that is what is going to make the difference when we want to get to the championship again that we want to win.'

Solskjaer has changed the profile of his squad by promoting a number of academy graduates and giving roles to the likes of Brandon Williams, Scott McTominay and Mason Greenwood.

He is confident he will be able to count on more names from the academy soon.

'I think we've always been built on youth and young players coming through and there's always going to be one or two special kids coming through the youth system at Manchester United,' he added.

'We do have a couple who I'm sure that we will see in the next couple of years.

'I don't want to put pressure on them in giving the names now because I don't think it's fair but there's a few that we believe are going to make it as first-team players at Manchester United.

'Of course, you can see Mason Greenwood now and Brandon Williams, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Scott McTominay, Paul Pogba's been in the system, so has Andreas Pereira.

'It's fantastic to see those kids be successful and we think that we're going to see a few more coming through.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8401931/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-admits-cautious-chasing-superstars-Manchester-United.html
Old 14-06-2020, 12:23 PM   #316
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Solskjaer Ditunggu Bonus Rp 17,8 M di Man United, Ini Syaratnya
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Jakarta - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer bisa mendapatkan bonus tambahan di Manchester United musim ini. Besar bonus untuk manajer Norwegia itu bisa mencapai Rp 17,8 miliar.

MU sudah tak mempunyai peluang di Liga Inggris. Mereka masih bertahan di dua kompetisi, Piala FA dan Liga Europa.

Di Liga Inggris, MU tinggal memburu finis empat besar. Setan Merah tak ke Liga Champions musim ini karena cuma finis keenam musim lalu.

Oleh karena itu, tiket Liga Champions menjadi salah satu target Solskjaer bersama MU. Saat ini, MU masih duduk di posisi kelima klasemen Liga Inggris dengan raihan 45 poin, tertinggal tiga poin dari Chelsea di posisi keempat.

MU masih bisa meraih tiket Liga Champions dengan jalur Liga Europa. Mereka sampai di babak 16 besar. LASK yang menjadi lawannya.

MU sudah hampir pasti lolos ke babak perempatfinal karena sudah menang 5-0 di putaran pertama. Kalau bisa mengantarkan MU meraih tiket ke Liga Champions, Solskjaer bisa mendapat bonus sebesar 1 juta pound sterling atau setara Rp 17,8 miliar.
Old 17-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #317
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is STILL waiting to open talks with Manchester United over a new contract with his current deal set to expire at the end of next season

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted he is yet to hold talks over a contract extension
* The Manchester United manager's current deal expires in the summer of 2022
* The Norwegian said he is not looking past that date and focussing on stability

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted he is yet to hold talks with the club over extending his current contract, which expires next summer.

The Norwegian was handed a three-year deal in 2019 after impressing on an interim basis after taking over from Jose Mourinho in December 2018.

There have been highs and lows in the 127 games he has managed in that time but Solskjaer, 47, has United fighting on multiple fronts for silverware in an encouraging 2020-21 season so far.

But despite the progress made this campaign, Solskjaer revealed he is not looking beyond his contract expiry in 2022 with talks over an extension yet to be discussed.

When asked about his future, Solskjaer told VG: 'I have not thought about that, and we have not discussed it at all. I am just focusing on doing my job and part of the job is to stabilise things.

'We have a job to do in order to find consistency on the pitch. Outside the pitch it is still a crisis if you lose a game.

'If you concede a goal in stoppage time against Everton, it still creates big headlines. That can happen in football.

'But on the inside it is more stable. We feel like we are on our way towards what we sat down and discussed, what we planned.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted he is still waiting to open talks over a contract extension. The manager's current contract is set to expire in the summer of 2022. After struggles, Solskjaer has United fighting on multiple fronts for silverware this season

'I know that there has been a lot of criticism and discussions about one thing or another, but if you first set a course, then I at least have so much faith in myself that I do not waver too much.'

United appeared to be serious contenders for the title earlier this season after a 13-match unbeaten run in the league but a recent slump of just one win in five now leaves them seven points behind leaders Manchester City having played a game more.

Solskjaer has refused to concede the title yet, though, and they are also in the FA Cup quarter-finals and Europa League round of 32 as he looks to win his first piece of silverware as manager.

United travel to Turin to face Real Sociedad in the first leg of their Europa League tie on Thursday night. The game has been moved to Italy due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9265011/Manchester-United-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-admits-waiting-open-talks-new-contract.html
Old 19-03-2021, 10:24 AM   #318
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer reveals he felt like he was 'on loan' at Manchester United when he first took the job on an interim basis and he DIDN'T expect to be in charge long-term - before two BIG changes for Tottenham win laid the foundations for success

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has written a chapter of a new book on management
* He describes how taking over United on an interim basis was like being 'on loan'
* Solskjaer says two big changes before the win over Tottenham sparked change
* It was a change in system - and the decision to bring back matchday suits

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed he did not expect to be handed the Manchester United reins full time.

United called on their former striker in the aftermath of Jose Mourinho's sacking in 2018, striking an agreement with Solskjaer's employers Molde for him to take temporary charge.

The 48-year-old has written a chapter of a new book, co-authored by Dundee United boss Micky Mellon, in which he details his first weeks in charge at Old Trafford.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has opened up about his time in charge of Manchester United for a book. Solskjaer, pictured with his backroom team shortly after taking the job on an interim basis

'We came in just before Christmas,' Solskjaer wrote.

'I suppose it was like coming in on loan... it wasn't like: "Come in and change the club and put your stamp on it".

'It was come in, you know the club, you know the expectations, make them smile, play attacking football and give youth a chance.'

Mellon's book - The First 100 Days: Lessons In Leadership From The Football Bosses – launches next Thursday, with the authors’ proceeds donated to the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

David Moyes, Sam Allardyce and Sean Dyche are among the current managers to have penned chapters.

Solskjaer oversaw a drastic improvement in results at United, a run illuminated by the dramatic Champions League comeback at Paris Saint-Germain. He was subsequently appointed Mourinho's permanent successor.

Solskjaer identifies the win over Spurs in January 2019 as a big turning point for United

'[On day one] we talked about high expectations, having some fun and even surprising a few people,' Solskjaer said.

'Later that day I remember walking about and hearing people saying: "Finally, we're talking about being Manchester United again." That night was the staff do. I went along, made a bit of speech and had a bit of a dance!

'Before our first game at Cardiff, I got a text from the manager [Sir Alex Ferguson] who said, "pick your team and sleep well". I sent him the players I was picking and I just got a message back: "That'll do the job".'

Solskjaer believes he made significant progress during a mid-winter break in Dubai four weeks into the job – and tactical alterations, starting with the 1-0 victory over Tottenham, laid the foundations for Champions League qualification that year.

'We made two big changes,' he added.

'The first one was our system for the game against Tottenham. The second big thing was to bring back the [pre-match] suits: those Tottenham players looked at them and thought, "I want to play for Manchester United".'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9377183/Solskjaer-reveals-felt-like-loan-Manchester-United-took-job.html
Old 26-03-2021, 09:35 AM   #319
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in line for a new contract after steadying the Manchester United ship post-Jose Mourinho... but can he really lead them to the Premier League title? CHRIS SUTTON and IAN LADYMAN debate the Norwegian's credentials

* Manchester United are to show loyalty to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer with a new deal
* Sportsmail understands United will begin talks over a deal of at least two years
* It is a sign from the hierarchy that they believe Solskjaer can deliver success
* Sportsmail's IAN LADYMAN and CHRIS SUTTON argue whether he can do so

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in line for a bumper new deal at Manchester United - the clearest sign yet the hierarchy believe he is the man who will bring them success.

Sportsmail understands Solskjaer will continue talks for a new deal worth in the region of £7million per year.

Solskjaer is yet to reach a major final as United boss and has fallen in four semi-finals already. They are still active in the Europa League this season but domestically find themselves out of contention, 14 points behind rivals Man City.

With that in mind, Sportsmail's IAN LADYMAN and CHRIS SUTTON argue both sides on whether Solskjaer really has what it takes to bring the league title back to Old Trafford.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's new deal suggests Man United feel he can deliver them a league title. Manchester City are 14 points clear and are under no real pressure to win the league title

YES

Chris Sutton

Solskjaer isn't seen as a Pep Guardiola or Jurgen Klopp. Instead, for whatever reason, he's looked upon as more of a PE teacher. And that's wrong.

This is a manager whose understanding of tactics is underestimated. There is no doubt that Manchester United have improved under Solskjaer.

Both the players and the club have benefited from him being there. Luke Shaw looked done under Jose Mourinho, as an example, but now he's in the England squad. That is largely down to Solskjaer, who has also secured some very big wins.

It was United who ended Manchester City's 28-game unbeaten run earlier this month, remember. They went to AC Milan, navigated a tricky second leg and have an inviting Europa League quarter-final to follow.

Solskjaer's (left) reputation is totally different to someone such as Pep Guardiola (right). Players have benefitted under Solskjaer and they continue to improve under his stewardship

Solskjaer took United to third in the Premier League in his first full season. Now they're second to a very special City side.

With this contract extension, the question now is: can United go on to win the title under Solskjaer? Yes, I'd say they can, but only if the club continues to back its manager and gets him an Erling Haaland.

That is what they have been missing — a player who brings the wow factor in front of goal.

Bruno Fernandes creates the chances but they could do with someone like Dortmund forward Haaland to finish them. Edinson Cavani is an excellent, experienced striker but his fitness has been unreliable.

I would like to see United back Solskjaer in the market. Imagine the shockwaves it would send if they beat their rivals City to Haaland's signature!

It also wouldn't hurt Solskjaer's chances of convincing everyone he is the right man for the job if he wins the Europa League.

Get your hands on a trophy and continue your league progress.

NO

Ian Ladyman

As they look to emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic and move forwards, Manchester United have just wrapped themselves in a safety blanket.

That's what this new contract for Solskjaer feels like. It feels safe. Safe if unambitious.

Solskjaer has not done a bad job at all at Old Trafford. The first team was a mess when he took over from Jose Mourinho.

A great institution already wobbling a little — after the unsuccessful tenures of David Moyes and Louis van Gaal — was on its way to becoming almost irrelevant, on the field at least.

The Norwegian has arrested that. He has made United credible again.

He has instilled his own way of playing. It may not always be convincing but it is at least recognisable. United are second in the Premier League. Young players, such as Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford, have improved under Solskjaer.

Retaining Solskjaer for two more years feels a safe, if unambitious, decision by United's board

The flipside is that United are a very distant second to Manchester City. What they desperately need soon is somebody to close that gap and it is hard to believe Solskjaer is the man.

The 48–year-old feels like a coach for the top four while what United need is someone to win them a league title again. It has been eight years already. A decade will come and go before we see the Premier League trophy back at Old Trafford, I am sure of that.

Solskjaer is not an inspirational manager nor a particularly clever coach. He is tougher than he looks and sometimes sounds but he is some way from becoming an elite coach. I don't think he will ever make that step.

Manchester United is a club designed to win titles. Second should never be enough.

Solskjaer is a man for the small steps while United need to take big ones.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9403959/Manchester-United-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-lead-Premier-League-title.html
Old 26-03-2021, 09:50 AM   #320
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 'to be awarded bumper new £10m-a-year contract by Manchester United even if they fail to win a trophy this season'... with chief Ed Woodward 'convinced' he is the right man to take the club forward

* Manchester United are reportedly set to offer Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a new deal
* United boss will be handed a new £10m-a-year deal, up from his current £7.5m
* Ed Woodward is said to be 'convinced' the club are heading in the right direction
* Decision will bring stability after head of first-team development Nicky Butt quit

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to be rewarded for Manchester United's progress with a bumper new three-year, £10million-a-season contract - regardless of whether they win a trophy in the coming months.

United are in the quarter-finals of the Europa League and are the bookies' favourites to lift the trophy after their impressive victory over AC Milan in the last round.

But the Mirror report that Solskjaer's future is not dependent on silverware, with the manager set to be offered a huge new contract irrespective of how the season ends.

It has been claimed that Solskjaer's £7.5m-a-year deal will be upped to £10m, with the Norwegian putting pen to paper on a three-year deal.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is set to be handed a huge new £10m-a-year contract by Man United. United are second in the Premier League and are favourites to win this season's Europa League

Ed Woodward, United's executive vice-chairman, is said to be 'convinced' United are heading in the right direction under Solskjaer, with the team currently second in the Premier League.

The team are much higher than many expected them to be this season, helped in part by Liverpool's stuttering title defence, and only city rivals Manchester City are above them in the table.

They have an eight-point cushion to fifth-placed West Ham and United are happy with the progress they have seen under Solskjaer in his two years in charge.

It has been reported that the deal he will be offered is to be two years, plus the option of a third, taking the total contract to £30m.

Currently, the 48-year-old's deal is set to end at the conclusion of next season, but United are keen to avoid any speculation that could hamper results on the pitch.

Therefore, his new deal is expected to be signed and sealed in the off-season, before he heads into the final year of his old contract.

Ed Woodward is said to be 'convinced' that Solskjaer is leading the team in the right direction. The decision brings United some stability after coach Nicky Butt quit the club this week. Solskjaer was loved as a player and is now excelling in the manager's hotseat at Old Trafford

The news will come as a welcome boost for United as they tie down their manager and regain some stability following the departure of Nicky Butt this week.

The club's head of first-team development left after nine years in a shock move, as he hunts a 'new challenge' and was reported to be due to friction with new director of football John Murtough.

The man who nurtured Mason Greenwood and Marcus Rashford's rise to the first-team, himself a fans' favourite following his own impressive playing career at the club, has been linked with a switch to David Beckham's Inter Miami and Derby with Wayne Rooney.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9401953/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-awarded-bumper-new-10m-year-contract-Manchester-United.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 139
Aba_MaczUnited, adhe united macz, adittelor, ali_iyan, Anak.Kecil, and1, Andi Istiabudi, Aso Chrisjefta, azisfirdaus, Azrul Red United, B4YU, Baby_Faced_Assassin, bang_zak, beckz_on7, benni_07utd, Blacklist7, bs_brew, chamid, charlesamahati, chevy solskjaer, cynta, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, dekepiks, DermawanIsUnitedFans, dery pramudito, der_emperor, devil_heart, dhodoadrian, Diego, ecly_watchaa, edhie van de sar, edroid, Efri Loebay, fadilbedil, fajrinited, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, fey777, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, giggs26, goodfron, goodmin, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hamka Husain Pasonai, hdhe16, hendiplast, iamsetia, id4y, Intan Pradina, irfan_thered, irhamutd, irwin3, jifortin, Jovan Anwar, kingherooney, Legolash, lusiarha, Mahesa_Jenar, marsel david, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, Muhammad Nizar, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, NdeGue, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ole, Om Juna, Oom Panda, penk22_, Popay_UKI04, Pure_red, Raihan_UKI27, Rean, Red Army, Red Stain, Redsbusby, rezkhadenis, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, rndr_UICSumenep, ronald hars, ronysnaja, Ryan Smith, sepatu_ancur, setiawans001, shastro, smile_boy, SR 7, stefano_will, sugeng99pramono, Tamanaro, taz_devil_utd, theater of dream, Theresia Intan, tietocinex, TomEnrico, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, ubay, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, unreal, VaDLi, vanquish, vanrayen, Vanz Wazza, Van_Munandar, Victory, victory II, wahyou91, walikece, whoami, wickham, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku, [skywalker]