United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 06-01-2020, 09:47 AM   #41
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aaron Wan-Bissaka

It's the worst feeling if a winger gets past me! Aaron Wan-Bissaka reveals his passion for tackling the Premier League's best wingers and why none of his Manchester United team-mates have dribbled past him this season

* Aaron Wan-Bissaka is enjoying an impressive debut season at Man United
* The United right back came out on top of his recent battle with Raheem Sterling
* Wan-Bissaka says none of his team-mates have beaten him one-v-one in training
* The 22-year-old was a striker and a winger before becoming a right back in 2017

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is scrolling through his phone and briefly stops to burst out laughing.

Once he resumes, he starts scrolling again but even quicker than before. There is plenty to get through.

Wan-Bissaka is going through the huge archive of posts on social media site Instagram that have been created in recognition of his impressive tackling and defending feats.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has revealed his passion for tackling the Premier League's best wingers. Sportsmail columnist Martin Keown has labelled him the Premier League's best 1v1 defender

The right back came out on top of his recent battle with Manchester City's Raheem Sterling. Wan-Bissaka says 'it took real concentration' to keep Sterling at bay in the Manchester derby. He says he deliberately gave Sterling a head start so he could accelerate and tackle him

One of many that caught his attention and made him chuckle asked what Wan-Bissaka's opponents see when they look at him? The accompanying picture is a brick wall.

Another has pictures of the contents of the Manchester United right back's pockets after a game; keys, phone, wallet and winger.

Wan-Bissaka finds one which depicts him as a policeman approaching a car he has just pulled over and the driver is a wide man he has just stopped on the pitch.

The inference is clear; there is no escaping Wan-Bissaka.

In others his face is super imposed onto a picture of a dad carrying a child who is also a previously nullified opponent while another Premier League star is shown trapped in a web thrown by Wan-Bissaka, in reference to the Spider nickname he has been given due to his long legs which are key to his now trademark sliding tackles.

'My friends send them all to me,' Wan-Bissaka, 22, smiles. 'There are too many. I laugh. Literally laugh my head off.'

Earlier this season, a video also emerged following United's draw at Southampton of an emotional fan who is almost brought to tears, so happy is he that his club now have a right back of Wan-Bissaka's quality.

'I saw it after that game,' he said. 'From nobody knowing who I am to him reacting like that now, it means a lot.

'It shows how people look at me and look up to me. I make them smile when they come and watch me play.'

Wan-Bissaka is not the type to let such things go to his head.

It all just provides a little light relief and humour in the high-pressure, relentless world of life as a young Manchester United player.

The jokes, though, stem from something very serious and real. Wan-Bissaka is, quite simply, an exceptional defender.

Wan-Bissaka's performances have quickly made him a fans' favourite at Manchester United

The 22-year-old claims not a single Man United team-mate has dribbled past him in training

Sportsmail columnist Martin Keown labelled him 'the best one-against-one defender in the Premier League' and added: 'some people thought I was good and I think this guy is ahead of me.'

Some praise given Keown's high standards when it comes to defending.

Meanwhile, United favourite Darren Fletcher revealed: 'I was talking to some Manchester United players, and they were saying that no player has managed to pass Wan-Bissaka in training this season,'

Is that really true? 'I would say so yeah, from what I can remember,' Wan-Bissaka said.

'I can see the frustration but with them I can also see that they are not giving up. They still want to keep trying until they do (get past) and that's the thing that gets me going, team-mates testing me. It helps me.'

Some of Wan-Bissaka's opponents don't even do that.

'There have been times, I can tell, when players are frustrated going down that [left] side and they just stop,' Wan-Bissaka said.

'That makes me aware of my ability. I've had players joke around and say 'any chance?' they can get down [my side].'

Raheem Sterling will know how they feel having eventually come off second best against Wan-Bissaka in the Manchester derby just days before the latter sits down with Sportsmail.

The defender says he can tell his United team-mates get frustrated at their inability to beat him. Wan-Bissaka says no defensive test is easy when he faces the Premier League's best players

Their head-to-head was one of the most absorbing full-back/winger battles that will be seen in the Premier League this season and resulted in, arguably, Wan-Bissaka's best ever performance.

Sterling might have been optimistic of winning it after accelerating past Wan-Bissaka early on at the Etihad.

'You have to allow it once so you know next time how to position yourself,' Wan-Bissaka explained. 'That time when he went to the byline I started in line with him. The next time I started behind him so when he kicked it past I had time to recover.'

After that, Wan-Bissaka's determination not to get beaten again only grew.

'Yes, not to allow them to do it again because it's not a good feeling them going past you,' he continued.

'I knew it was going to be a long game. He is one of the best wingers in the Premier League and I knew I had to step up my game.

'It's a good feeling [doing well against Sterling], especially a player like him with his ability. It took real concentration because he can go in or out and has got pace. He's probably faster than me so that was a game I had to really focus on and actually go hard at it.

'Was that the toughest battle of my career? Yes, but since my debut with Crystal Palace [against Tottenham] no winger is going to be easy.

The Londoner revealed he aims to 'get two tackles in' on his opponent at the start of each game. Wan-Bissaka (says he was always defensively minded, even when he played as a forward

'It's going to be a challenge every game and they are only going to get harder with the better players you come up against.'

Wan-Bissaka is naturally shy and softly-spoken. Get him talking about stopping opponents, though, and he really comes to life. He might be every inch the modern footballer but is old school in his approach to the art of defending

In a football world that has become increasingly obsessed with how centre backs 'play out' and full-backs assists stats, Wan-Bissaka's philosophy is simple.

'I don't like anything going past me,' he said. 'Anything. And I like to keep it that way.

'When the game kicks off my first thing is to get two tackles in, tackle them twice [before they get going] because I think that will kind of rattle them or make them think this is going to be a long game.

'If someone was to [get past me] it's the worst feeling. That gives them confidence to come and do it again and keep doing it.

'It doesn't really bother me much, how people look at defending now. I just focus on my game and how I can help the team in any situation on the pitch. Firstly, defend for the team. That's what I put my mind on.'

Wan-Bissaka's effectiveness and hearing how much he thinks like a traditionalists defender, taking such pride in the basics of his job and describing a successful tackle as 'close to the best feeling,' is all the more notable given he has only been one for around three years and was never formally taught how to tackle.

Wan-Bissaka was a striker and then a defender before being converted to a right back in 2017. Wan-Bissaka has been called up by England but is still waiting to win his first England cap

His story is now well-told but worth quickly recounting. He joined Palace aged 11 as a Thierry Henry-idolising striker, was then moved to the right wing before being deployed as an emergency right back in a late-2016 training session and managing to frustrate Wilfried Zaha.

The conversion process accelerated after that session which changed the course of his career under the guidance of Palace under-23 coaches Richard Shaw and Dave Reddington before an injury crisis opened the door to Roy Hodgson's first team.

Since impressing in his first three senior Palace appearances against Tottenham, United and Chelsea in February and March 2018, Wan-Bissaka has not looked back.

'It has gone so quick, such a short space of time, but I'm happy with the chance I was given in that position. I don't regret it,' he said. 'But the change hasn't been massive to me. I always had that defensive mindset when I was an attacker.

'I used to love tackling as well. When I played right wing, left wingers would beat the right back and I'd be recovering and getting the tackles in. That's where it really started.

'Because I've been in a winger's position I know how to think at times. Where you see space down the line you take it. That's what I like to give them.

'A little gap and show them the outside so they think they can kick it and run but little do they know, it's not going to happen.

The United full-back was named Crystal Palace's Player of the Year at the end of last season. Wan-Bissaka says he came to United because he 'thought they could improve me as a player'

'The tackling, it is just concentration really,' continued Wan-Bissaka, who has become so good at it a double-take was required to verify it was really his challenge that led to Watford's penalty last week, one he could be forgiven after all those he has timed perfectly.

'You have to time it well, not dive in, because it can go wrong and if it does, it's bad. I just go off them and try and prevent the ball from going inside.'

The qualities he already had earned him his £50m summer move to Old Trafford. Now there, the different demands will help him develop the other side of his game.

'United have more of the ball, I'll be getting more of the ball [than at Palace], so on the ball will have to change, improve,' said Wan-Bissaka, who showed signs of that improvement with his crossing contribution to Marcus Rashford's goal against Newcastle.

'Joining in the counter attacks, because we have a lot of them, overlapping more, things like that.

'That's why I came to this team because I thought they could improve me as a player.'

Already though United's outlay has proved to be money well spent and he has been one of their more reliable performers during an up-and-down campaign. He admitted things were a 'bit shaky' at the start 'outside the training ground' as he adjusted to being away from the life he had known for so long in south London for the first time. All is well now though.

'Everyone comes up, sometimes I go down but they come up mostly,' he said. 'I'm just surrounded by support, friends and family, that's all I need to keep me going.'

On the pitch, Wan-Bissaka has looked totally at ease playing for one of the world's biggest clubs in just his second full season at senior level, which has not surprised those who have followed his career closely.

Those who know him well describe Wan-Bissaka as someone who is not fazed by anything and possesses an ability not to unnecessarily overthink things at certain times allowing him to take any of the challenges football throws at him in his stride.

When having to adapt quickly to a new position, the Premier League and then United they are ideal character traits to have.

His older brother Kevin believes Wan-Bissaka's fearlessness stems from the days when the now-United star used to play and had to prove himself against older kids in kickabouts on Walton Green, the park near the house they grew up in in New Addington, Croydon.

He possesses that same unruffled persona as a professional.

'That's just how I go into games. Just calm. It's always been like that. I don't think it's a choice. It is just how I am,' he said.

Wan-Bissaka says he goes into every game 'calm' has confidence in his ability to perform. He accepts he will have to improve on the ball as United have more possession than Palace

'Even before I joined United, my debut against Tottenham, you have doubters. There are always doubters, thinking you are playing against this front three or that front three.

'You look at the players and think it could go two ways, left or right, but if you have confidence or belief in yourself you can chose which way it goes.'

Wan-Bissaka has the same faith in the United project under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer which is why he didn't hesitate to join the club during this period of transition. It was underlined by the morale-boosting few days at the start of this month during which he shone as both Tottenham and Manchester City were beaten.

'That was only just the start,' he said. 'It shows what we are actually capable of. Obviously I know because we see it in training and it was only a matter of time. We started now so we push on from there.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7830995/Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-reveals-passion-tackling-Premier-Leagues-best-wingers.html
Old 10-03-2020, 10:17 AM   #42
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'Wan-Bissaka is the best one-on-one defender for a full-back in the world': Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher lavishes praise on Manchester United man after he kept Raheem Sterling quiet

* Manchester United beat Manchester City in the Premier League on Sunday
* Aaron Wan-Bissaka received praise for the way he dealt with Raheem Sterling
* Jamie Carragher says the full-back was key to United's success at Old Trafford

Jamie Carragher believes Manchester United's Aaron Wan-Bissaka is the best full-back in the world when it comes to defending in one-vs-one situations.

United boosted their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League with a big 2-0 victory over local rivals Manchester City on Sunday, Wan-Bissaka drawing praise for the way he nullified the threat of Raheem Sterling.

Sterling is widely regarded as one of the best wingers in the world but he failed to make an impact when put up against the £50million right-back.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka did a brilliant job of defending against Raheem Sterling on Sunday. Jamie Carragher believes Wan-Bissaka is currently the 'best one-vs-one full-back in the world'. Carragher says Pep Guardiola made a mistake putting Sterling up against Wan-Bissaka

And Carragher, speaking on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football, heaped praise on Wan-Bissake, saying he played a key role in United's victory.

'It's almost become a massive rivalry this,' the former Liverpool defender said. 'Yes it's the two Manchester clubs, but it's [also] Raheem Sterling against Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

'I think something Pep [Guardiola] has to do next time [the Manchester clubs play each other] is not put Raheem Sterling up against Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

'Sterling is one of the best three or four wide players in the world but Wan-Bissaka's saying: "Come on, you're not going to get past me".

'I actually think Wan-Bissaka is the best one-on-one defender for a full-back in the world. I don't think anyone would get the better of him.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8093881/Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-best-one-vs-one-world-says-Jamie-Carragher.html
Old 11-03-2020, 11:00 AM   #43
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WAN-BISSAKA: HOW WE'VE IMPROVED DEFENSIVELY

Rampaging right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka credits stronger bonds and improved communication as the reasons behind Manchester United’s imperious defensive record in recent months.

The Reds have kept eight clean sheets from the last 10 fixtures across all competitions, as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men push forwards in the Premier League, Emirates FA Cup and Europa League.

That superb record was improved on Sunday afternoon when Wan-Bissaka and United produced an excellent performance to beat local rivals Manchester City 2-0 at a raucous Old Trafford.

In an exclusive interview that appeared in the matchday programme, United Review, our summer signing from Crystal Palace offered his view of the defence, the impact of our new club captain Harry Maguire and his effort to finish top of the Premier League’s tackling chart…

Our defensive record has been substantially improved in recent weeks, with a surge in clean sheets compared to the first half of the campaign – what’s changed?
“I’d say the partnerships between us have improved and we’ve been growing together. You can see it in the clean sheets. That’s always the main aim: to get the clean sheet, then the team can get the win. I think it’s down to better communication. Sometimes the formation changes, so we’ve been getting used to both five at the back and four at the back, and the communication has helped. I don’t have a preference [between the two defensive systems]. The five at the back allows me to get forward more at times during the game.”

You’ve said before that you were keen to keep improving your forward play – how do you think that has been going?
“Yeah, I think that process has been going in the right direction. I’ve gotten help from the team and the coaches, showing me the way forward. I stay out after training to do extra sessions so that I keep improving all the time and I’m ready to play at my highest level every week.”

So you must have enjoyed your assist for Anthony’s header at Chelsea last month…
“Yeah, I did [laughs]. He was grateful for that, he told me after!”

Going back to the defence as a whole, does it feel like you’re part of a tighter unit during games?
“Yeah, always. When we step out, you can just feel it. We’re more organised, we’ve got a great group of defenders here and we are all ready for the challenge.”

Harry Maguire has stepped up to become captain since Ashley Young left – how important has he been in shoring things up?
“The captain has one main job: be a leader for the team. Harry’s stepped in to do that role because that’s what he’s good at and he’s doing a great job.”

You’ve spoken previously about playing with Daniel James on the right flank, but how have you found playing with Mason Greenwood on your side?

“Yeah, Mason’s been great. As soon as I joined, I noticed him. I enjoy playing with him and I enjoy our link up down the right.”

He’s scored a lot of goals already; what does he bring to the team?

“Goals, literally [laughs]. In and around the box he’s made a big effort in taking his chances. It’s something that he knows he’s good at: taking that chance and when to take it.”

Where is he at in his development right now?
“The next stage for him would just be to keep going, keep doing what he’s doing, make that place, that position, his. No-one knows just how good he could become, but he’s definitely going in the right direction.”

Since he arrived in the January transfer window, Bruno Fernandes has been a huge hit; what has he brought to the squad?
“He’s brought a lot. You can see that he’s brought goals, assists… you can see how everyone plays around him when he’s on the pitch. He’s confident, he wants to play forward, create chances. He’s sharp, quick, hard to mark.”

He’s got presence, always demanding the ball, taking risks – does that lift everybody else around him?
“Yeah, you can see that he lifts everyone. Him being on the ball makes sure that others make runs because they know he’s capable of giving them that ball.”

What has he brought to the squad off the field?
“He’s always happy, always smiling, always wants to make conversation with you."

You’ve won individual honours so far in your career, but no team trophies so far - what would a first piece of silverware mean to you?
“It would mean a lot to me. I came to this club to win trophies and I know that this team’s capable of winning trophies.”

Do you think we’re having a good season overall?

“I think it’s a process. We’re going in the right direction and that’s what we’re aiming for.”

This is a developing United team - could that first trophy be a launchpad for more?
“Yeah, I think that will help a lot, getting our hands on the first trophy. It will boost our confidence and help us go on to the next. That’s how Ole wants us to think: he wants us to get our first trophy, move on to the next one and just keep going for others.”

There’s also a real battle to finish in the top four in the Premier League. How would you assess that battle?
“I think our aim is to go game by game and just put pressure on the teams above us. Every battle is important to us and I think that’s the kind of thing that will help us get to where we want to be.”

You’re also still only in your first season, of course. How would you assess your own campaign so far?
“It’s going in the direction that I want it to go, I’m working hard and improving my game all of the time, I just want to continue doing that.

Finally, you said at the start of the season you wanted to be on top of the tackling charts at the end of the season – how do you feel you’re doing there?
“I think I’m second at the moment [behind Leicester City’s Ricardo Pereira], and I’m happy with that for now, just to be right up there. First place is the target by the end of the season!”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:48 AM   #44
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WAN BISSAKA'S DIARY: HOW I'M MANAGING THE BREAK

Hi everyone. This is my first diary piece, just so you can get an idea of what the situation is like for United players in the current lockdown.

It’s not a common situation that we’re in and I hope it doesn’t last for too long, but hopefully you’ll enjoy hearing a bit about how we’re spending our days.

So, I’m up in Manchester, just me, my brother and my sister and it’s been important for me to find a routine. After being quite bored at times last week, I’ve developed a routine and I’m sticking to it, so right now I’d say things are going alright. Each day I’ll start off with the gym downstairs, where I do a bike session. I’ll chill throughout the day, have a kickabout with my brother in the garden and in the evening I’ll do a gym session that the club’s coaching staff have set for me.

The club have been great in terms of keeping in contact with the players and ensuring everything is as normal as it can be in the circumstances. Our chef is dropping off food for us, so the food is left at a safe distance, we collect it and we fix it ourselves. Fitness-wise, I’ve enjoyed the programmes the club have given us. It’s given me things to do. It’s difficult to come up with all your own ideas to stay in shape, so those programmes have helped. Usually I might do a couple of sessions on my own twice a week, but it’s quite strange doing it on my own every single day. At the end of it you feel fitter and I’m glad that I’m going through it. Literally every day the coaching staff are in touch to see how I’m going, see how I’m finding it, see that I feel fit enough. It’s not easy for them to look after the whole squad, but they’re doing a great job of it and I know the players appreciate that.

Of course, all the lads are staying in touch too. In the group chat everyone is posting what they’re getting up to, so that’s been good to keep up with the latest from everyone. We’re all going through the situation together, even though we’re apart, and we’re learning how to turn the negative situation into a positive. We’re not just staying in and doing nothing at all.

Some of the lads have been active on social media as a way of passing the time. It’s been good to see them on there. I have to say I enjoyed Jesse’s video where he puts the ball in the bin, that was nice to see. I’ve done one myself, kicking the ball in the car boot on my drive, so I hope you enjoyed that if you saw it on Instagram. I’ve had a fair bit of contact from United fans in my DMs, and I try to reply wherever I can because I appreciate the support and I know it means a lot to get a reply.

In the evenings, after the gym session, it’s literally just Netflix or Playstation. One weird thing – and this isn’t like me at all – is that I’ve started reading a bit during the lockdown. To be honest, it started through boredom but it’s going alright – I’m reading Ian Wright’s autobiography at the moment. I bought it last year but I’ve gotten round to it now and I’m enjoying it.

While a lot of people have free time at the moment, one group who don’t is obviously the NHS, and it was great to see the reaction they got around the country last week. Everyone in our house was outside clapping for the NHS, as was everyone up and down our road, and it’s nice to see because these people are heroes and you have to show some appreciation for what they’re doing.

For now, my message to you all would be to just keep your head up. We all know it’s hard in this situation, it’s hard to live without football or any sort of sports, but we just need to stick together through this situation, follow the guidelines we’re being given and we’ll get through it together.

Aaron

ASK AWB – YOUR QUESTIONS NEEDED

Each week during his stint as our guest contributor, Aaron will be answering supporters’ questions, so visit Twitter and post your questions using the hashtag #AskAWB and check back next week to see if yours was answered.

www.manutd.com
Old 10-04-2020, 12:48 AM   #45
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Aaron Wan-Bissaka Mau Banget Tukar Jersey sama Sadio Mane
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Jakarta - Bertukar jersey di akhir laga menjadi momen biasa dalam pertandingan sepakbola. Pemain Manchester United Aaron Wan-Bissaka mengaku mau banget barter dengan Sadio Mane.

MU dan Liverpool merupakan seteru abadi di Liga Inggris. Jumlah gelar juara Liga Inggris yang mereka koleksi menjadi sebabnya.

MU masih menjadi pengumpul gelar juara Liga Inggris terbanyak dengan catatan 20 gelar. Sementara itu, Liverpool sudah mengumpulkan 18 gelar juara.

Wan-Bissaka sudah melakukan pertukaran jersey dengan Mane. Momen itu terjadi pada musim lalu, saat pemain belakang 22 tahun itu masih memperkuat Crystal Palace.

Saat ditanya jersey siapa yang paling ingin dia dapatkan, Wan Bissaka menyebut nama Mane.

"Mane --saya mendapatkan itu dari musim lalu," kata Wan-Bissaka di Daily Star.

Saat sudah berseragam MU, Wan-Bissaka sudah dua kali berhadapan dengan Mane. Hasilnya, dia membawa MU sekali meraih hasil imbang dan sekali tumbang saat melawan Liverpool.
Old 16-04-2020, 05:26 PM   #46
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Wan-Bissaka Sumbang 20 Ribu Sarung Tangan buat Warga Kongo
Bayu Baskoro - detikSport

Manchester - Aaron Wan-Bissaka menyumbang puluhan ribu sarung tangan untuk pencegahan virus Corona di Kongo. Negara tersebut merupakan kampung halaman ayahnya.

Pemain Manchester United itu mendonasikan 10 ribu paun (Rp 196 juta) dalam bentuk 20 ribu sarung tangan kesehatan yang akan dibagikan gratis ke masyarakat Kongo. Bantuan yang diberikan Wan-Bissaka itu sudah dikirimkan pada pekan ini.

Kongo memang sudah tidak asing buat Wan-Bissaka. Eks bek Crystal Palace itu punya darah leluhur Kongo yang berasal dari sang ayah, Ambrose, yang lahir di negara Afrika Tengah tersebut.

Melansir The Sun, Wan-Bissaka dimintai tolong oleh ayahnya untuk memberikan bantuan ke kampung halamannya itu. Kongo memang menjadi salah satu negara di Afrika yang terdampak wabah virus Corona dengan 254 kasus terkonfirmasi di sana dan menewaskan 21 korban.

Wan-Bissaka mengaku senang bisa berkontribusi dengan membantu orang-orang yang sedang kesulitan di tengah krisis. Apalagi, masih banyak masyarakat yang belum bisa mendapatkan perlindungan diri menghadapi ancaman COVID-19.

"Saya termasuk beruntung. Di luar sana ada orang-orang yang belum bisa melindungi diri mereka sendiri dengan baik atau tak mendapatkan akses untuk mendapatkan sesuatu selama krisis ini," kata Wan-Bissaka, dilansir dari The Sun.

"Ini sangat luar biasa untuk bisa memberi kembali. Saya tahu itu tidak mudah di luar sana buat mereka, jadi yang bisa saya lakukan adalah menolong sesama," dia mengungkapkan.

Selain memberikan bantuan kepada masyarakat Kongo, Wan-Bissaka sebelumnya juga turut aktif dalam kegiatan amal melawan krisis virus Corona. Salah satunya yakni mengadakan sumbangan donasi melalui kampanye #FootballUnited dengan memainkan pertandingan virtual bersama pemain Chelsea, Reece James, dan sayap Burnley, Dwight McNeil.
Old 23-04-2020, 06:37 AM   #47
Andi Istiabudi
manager

WAN-BISSAKA'S DIARY: I'M INSPIRED BY MICHAEL JORDAN

Hi everybody, I hope you’re all staying safe and continuing to follow the lockdown instructions. This will be my last weekly column before handing over to Luke Shaw, who will take it for the next few weeks.

Luke’s a really good guy who was a big help to me when I first joined United, and he’s also one of the jokers in the squad. Given that he’s also recently become a dad, I reckon he’ll be a having a very different lockdown experience to me, so I’m sure he’ll enjoy telling you all about that.

It’s been the same routine for me again in the last week, but yesterday I started watching The Last Dance, a big documentary about Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls.

I’m one episode in and already it’s so inspirational. You see this absolute legend of basketball, how he started, what he went through, what he had to do to get to the top of his sport, and you can’t help but be motivated.

During hard times, especially like we’re in now, it just makes you think about everything.

Having so much time on my hands at the moment means I’ve been able to do a lot of reflecting, and it’s crazy to look at how much things have changed for me in the space of the last year.

As a kid, you want to reach the biggest clubs, but at times I didn’t think I was going to be able to do it. It looked impossible. When I think back to those times in my life, then look around at how things are now and who I play for, it really blows my mind.

I think about the future too, and there’s still so much more to come. That’s one thing you quickly learn at United: it never stops. This place never stands still and I can’t wait to get back to the training ground, see the lads and the staff again and really knuckle down.

Since I came to United, the coaching staff have been great. They all really know their stuff and they can make a difference to your game. Even a fraction of a percent improvement is worth getting, and I’m really excited about the chance to work on my game in any area I can.

The manager is a big part of that process too. Since day one at United, I’ve seen that Ole’s a manager who knows what he wants. You can see his intentions for the team. He wants every single player to improve and he’s given us all a steer on what we need to improve. That’s what you need, I think; a manager who will push you.

Personally, he’s encouraged me to go forward with confidence and express myself, and prior to the recent lockdown I think my attacking game was definitely improving. As I said, there’s a lot more to come from me, from us and I can’t wait to get back to it.

Until then, everyone stay safe and look after each other.

Aaron.

www.manutd.com
Old 27-08-2020, 09:23 AM   #48
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Aaron Wan-Bissaka could be in hot water as he is set to MISS the start of Manchester United's pre-season after heading to Dubai and now faces 14 days of self-isolation

* Aaron Wan-Bissaka looks set to miss start of Manchester United's pre-season
* The right back travelled out to Dubai and has been seen working on his fitness
* He will now have to undergo 14 days of self-isolation when he return this week
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is expecting his squad to return for training next week

Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka is in danger of missing the start of pre-season training after appearing to ignore his club's advice by travelling to Dubai.

Sportsmail can reveal that the full-back flew to the popular holiday destination at the end of United's season and must now self-isolate for 14 days upon his return.

He is due to fly back to England by the end of the week.

United players are scheduled to return for pre-season training next week, meaning the 22-year-old will miss the start of next season's preparations under boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is facing a period of 14 days in quarantine after travelling out to Dubai. The full-back now looks set to miss the start of Manchester United's pre-season training

Old Trafford officials provided players with travel guidance at the end of the campaign, detailing where they could travel without being required to quarantine upon return.

Wan-Bissaka is now likely to find himself in trouble when he returns after appearing to disregard their advice.

The defender was working on his fitness with a personal coach while out in Dubai this week. Travel restrictions mean a period of quarantine could keep him out of the start of pre-season. The news will come as a blow to United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as he sets up his plans

When travelling with their clubs to officially compete or train, players are protected by the 'elite sportsperson' protocols and are not required to quarantine upon return.

But the UK Government has confirmed that Wan-Bissaka would be required to self-isolate as he is on holiday.

United will test the defender as soon as possible upon his return.

Sportsmail understands that Wan-Bissaka has been keeping himself in shape in Dubai ahead of the forthcoming campaign.

Nevertheless, his pending absence from the opening days of United's pre-season training schedule will frustrate Solskjaer.

Wan-Bissaka was not included in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the Nations League games against Iceland and Denmark.

But his decision to fly to Dubai effectively ruled him out of contention for national duty because of his quarantine.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8667671/Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-MISS-start-Manchester-Uniteds-pre-season-heading-Dubai.html
Old 12-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #49
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United's Aaron Wan-Bissaka hints at snubbing England after replacing St George's flag with DR Congo's on his Instagram page... as he struggles to usurp Trent Alexander-Arnold and Kieran Trippier at right back

* Aaron Wan-Bissaka has sparked fears he could be set to quit England
* The 22-year-old has removed the Three Lions badge from his Instagram bio
* Wan-Bissaka is still waiting to make his senior debut for the national side
* Man United defender is still eligible to play for Democratic Republic of Congo

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has sparked fears that he is set to quit the England setup following his latest social media activity.

The Manchester United right-back has appeared to delete the Three Lions badge from the bio on his Instagram profile, replacing it with the flag of the Democratic Republic of Congo.

The 22-year-old is eligible to play for both countries as he has yet to make his full international debut, with competition in his position rife at senior level.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has sparked fears he could be set to quit the England national side. Wan-Bissaka has yet to be capped at senior level having made three appearances at U 21 level

The former Crystal Palace defender has played three times for England's Under 21s and also featured for DR Congo's Under 20s in a game against England in 2015.

Though he was born in Croydon, south London, Wan-Bissaka is of Congolese descent.

In August 2019, he was called up to the senior side by Gareth Southgate following his big-money move to Old Trafford.

But he didn't appear in either Euro 2020 qualifiers against Kosovo or Bulgaria due to injury, and he has not earned a call-up since.

He missed out on selection for the current international break, with Southgate preferring Trent Alexander-Arnold, Reece James, Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier.

The defender has replaced the England flag on his Instagram bio with the flag of DR Congo. Competition is rife at right-back for England, with Trent Alexander-Arnold leading the way

After seeing his activity, some fans are now convinced that the Man United defender has decided to switch his commitment to The Leopards.

One Twitter user said: 'He knows he won't get a game for England anytime soon.'

Another added: 'Fair enough to be fair, it's his decision at the end of the day.'

And one claimed: 'Too many players ahead of him at England, he's made the right choice.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8826221/Manchester-Uniteds-Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-hints-snubbing-England.html
Old 14-10-2020, 09:30 AM   #50
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United defender Aaron Wan-Bissaka fined and handed six points on driving licence for speeding at 104mph on the M1 during the second week of the coronavirus lockdown in April

* Man United's Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been punished for speeding on the M1
* Wan-Bissaka's £90,000 G-Wagon was caught moving at 104mph on April 1
* The 22-year-old has been fined £600 and given six points on his driving licence
* A magistrates court heard there were other passengers in Wan-Bissaka's vehicle

Aaron Wan-Bissaka has been fined £600 and given six points on his driving licence after he was caught speeding at 104mph on the M1 in the second week of lockdown.

The Manchester United defender was travelling into London on April 1 when he was stopped in his £90,000 G-wagon on the motorway which is a 70mph zone.

Wan-Bissaka was given the punishment at a magistrates court in Bromley, with the right-back asked to pay additional costs and fees of £160.

Aaron Wan has been fined £600 and given six points on his licence for speeding in lockdown. Wan-Bissaka's £90,000 G-Wagon was caught speeding at 104mph on the M1 on April 1

PC Geoffrey Green, who confirmed that there were passengers in the car with Wan-Bissaka, said in a statement: 'The vehicle was travelling away from me at a speed I estimated to be in excess of (70mph).'

The officer revealed that Wan-Bissaka made no comment following his caution, with the 22-year-old pleading guilty for the charge in writing.

The defender's case was dealt with last month under the single justice procedure.

One month after Wan-Bissaka's incident, the Metropolitan Police pleaded with the public to stop speeding following a surge in offences during the coronavirus lockdown.

The Manchester United defender was clocked by police on the 70mph-limit motorway. Wan-Bissaka asked to pay costs and fees of £160 following the magistrates case in Bromely

Wan-Bissaka is currently training with Manchester United after missing out on a spot in Gareth Southgate's England squad for the October triple-header.

The right-back is behind Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kyle Walker and Kieran Trippier in the England pecking order while Reece James was included in the Three Lions squad instead of the Manchester United man following a couple of drop-outs.

Wan-Bissaka has made three appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side this season, with his most recent match being the 6-1 thrashing by Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8836303/Aaron-Wan-Bissaka-fined-handed-six-points-driving-licence-speeding-M1-April.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 11
Andi Istiabudi, B4YU, bang_zak, h-ANG, iamsetia, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku