United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United News > Archives > Archives 2018/2019

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #1
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Manchester United - Loan Watch 2018/19

HENDERSON JOINS SHEFFIELD UNITED ON LOAN

Manchester United goalkeeper Dean Henderson has completed a season-long loan move to Championship side Sheffield United.

The highly rated England Under-21 international will spend the 2018/19 campaign with the Blades, who finished 10th in their first season back in the second tier last term.

Henderson sees his long-term future with the Reds, having signed a new contract with the club last week that will run until at least June 2020, with the option for a further year.

However, such is the fierce competition for places in the goalkeeping department at all levels at United, he makes the move to Bramall Lane in search of more regular first-team football on the back of a successful loan spell at Shrewsbury Town in 2017/18.

The 21-year-old, who has also been on loan at Stockport County and Grimsby Town in his career, was named in the PFA League One Team of the Season by his peers after helping the Shrews reach the play-off final.

Despite performing superbly at Wembley with a string of fine stops, including an early penalty save, Henderson couldn’t prevent the Shropshire outfit from losing 2-1 to Rotherham United after extra time.

‘I CAN’T WAIT TO GO THERE AND PERFORM’

In an interview with ManUtd.com’s Adam Marshall, Henderson expressed his excitement to get started with the Blades and is looking to make an impact at what he feels is a huge club in the Championship. “I can’t wait to go there to build on the last season I had at Shrewsbury,” said Dean.

“It’s in the division above and showing that progression by going on to the next bigger stage, in front of 30,000 passionate fans at Bramall Lane. I can’t wait to go there and perform and connect with them. I’m sure it will be a successful season.

“Sheffield United are a massive club and it’s a massive city for football. They’ve got that rivalry with Sheffield Wednesday and I’m looking forward to those games coming up as well. I can’t wait to get there and push up the division.”

WHY DEAN CHOSE SHEFFIELD UNITED

After earning plenty of plaudits for his impressive campaign at Shrewsbury, in which he kept 19 clean sheets in 48 games in all competitions, there was plenty of competition to secure Henderson’s services.

However, the keeper is convinced that he has made the right choice in joining the Blades, who flirted with the play-off places last season before securing a top-half finish in their first campaign back in the Championship after six years in League One.

“There were a hell of a lot of loan clubs and I’m thankful to all of them for coming in,” Dean added.

“But I chose Sheffield United and a manager who has shown trust in me, plus a goalkeeping coach here in Wardy [Darren Ward], and I’m looking forward to learning and hopefully getting better and better.” Everyone at the club wishes Dean well during his time at Sheffield United.

HTML Code:
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/manchester-united-goalkeeper-dean-henderson-joins-sheffield-united-on-loan

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 1
penk22_