United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 07-04-2016, 09:25 PM   #161
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Jesse Lingard

Jesse Lingard coming to the fore

Having continued his impressive breakthrough season with some eye-catching displays, Jesse Lingard sat down with last Sunday's United Review, the official matchday programme, to signal his intent on maintaining a strong finish to the campaign.

Do you think the derby was your favourite and best game of the season?
Yeah, firstly it was my favourite and the gaffer said after the match it was my best game of the season. I enjoy playing in the no.10 role - I feel more comfortable, as you can get on the ball and create things. And with Marcus [Rashford] scoring, obviously he’s another local boy to come through the ranks, it made the win even more enjoyable.

The manager suggested he feels a central role could be best for you and it’s something you’ve always craved.
I’ve always liked the no.10 position. You can get on the ball a lot more and attempt to dictate the play a lot more. I have been enjoying playing on the right and the left as well, though, and you’re going to play anywhere the gaffer wants you to play.

How different is the central role to playing out wide? Like you say, you get on the ball more but is more tackling involved?
You are definitely more involved defensively and, obviously, attacking-wise too. But, even when you’re on the wing, you have to get back to defend, so it doesn’t really matter where I play, I will still do a job for the team.

Do you feel the no.10 position is an evolving role – it used to be a flair player with little responsibility but is that changing?
I think it’s more like a free role nowadays and you can go anywhere to try to make things happen and create things. That’s the main idea but obviously you’ve still got to defend.

You showed yourself to be up to the physical challenge at the Etihad. Are you hopeful that will draw a line under talk of your stature counting against you?
Going up against Yaya Toure, he is one of the biggest of all the midfielders in the Premier League, so it was obviously a good test. Fernandinho came on and he’s a big guy as well, so it was a real test but I think all the young lads stood up to the task. We had the backing of Michael [Carrick] in midfield to give us a bit more experience towards the end, when we had to manage the game and see it out. It's all about development and I had to play wide when I was younger because there were a lot of big lads in the midfield. Now I’m coming to the fore and handled myself against City so I don’t see why I can’t carry it on.

Rio Ferdinand was public in his praise of you, saying: ‘He’s a proper footballer and does what most kids don’t appreciate the days, intelligent movement off the ball.’ Did you see his comments?
I did. I think, especially if you’re playing in the no.10 role, you’re always going to need that intelligence and that vision to see things around you to find that killer pass. But Rio saying that gives you another massive confidence boost. I still speak to Rio now and then. I still ask for advice and stuff like that. He’s always looked out for me and I still speak to him as we keep in contact.

It’s not just people related to United who have been praising you. Former Liverpool midfielder Danny Murphy said you were his Man of the Match in the derby on Match of the Day 2.
Things like that are always going to spur you on and make you hungry for more. I’ve just got to keep my feet on the ground and work hard. It’s only my first season, I’ve not really made it yet. I’ve got to keep working hard on the pitch.

Has playing regularly made you more confident?
I think you play with more confidence because it builds up. I’ve played most games this season anyway, so my confidence is there, it’s just about performing on the pitch. I’d like to add more goals, obviously they’re going to come because it’s still my first season in the Premier League. I am still adapting and getting used to it. Hopefully, I can kick on stronger next season as well.

Is training less intense during the international break and is that welcome after the busy schedule we have had?
Of course, you need a break and training is a little bit lighter. The lads from the Reserves come and train with us throughout the week and we had a few days off over the Easter weekend, which is nice. We’ve had games over Easter in the past so it was a change for us.

How vital was the victory against City in ensuring we can still realistically challenge for a top-four slot?
Of course, we needed that win. Derby day is always massive anyway, most of all for the fans and it was a great day for the United supporters. We do it for them and obviously for ourselves. If we hadn't won that game, it would have been pretty much over. But we're still there and still in sight of the top four. Everyone wants to play in the Champions League every season. I still hope we can do it and I think we can.

When you look at your season as a whole, have your surpassed your own expectations?
I think I have! I'd love to get to Wembley in the FA Cup. If we get to the final, I think we’ve got a good chance of winning that. Obviously, to get into the top four as well is also a main aim. I've just got to keep my feet on the ground and work hard. I just do the right things. I work hard on and off the field. Louis van Gaal has seen that and put me in. Obviously, to put the youngsters in is a risk but he’s trusted us and placed his faith in us all. It's only my first season; I've not really made it yet. I've got to keep working hard on the pitch.

We know you don’t want to get carried away yet but, when you say you’ve not made it yet, you must feel you are in the process of making it at the moment.
No, what I mean is I think I cannot let my foot off the gas. I’ve got to keep going now until the end of the season and play as many games as I can. We must stay in the FA Cup and get into that top four.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Exclusive-Interviews/2016/Apr/jesse-lingard-exclusive-interview-with-united-review-matchday-programme.aspx
Old 08-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #162
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Why is Jesse Lingard Flourishing Under Louis Van Gaal this Season?

Manchester United are on a good run at the right time in the season. The fact that they are fifth in the league with one point standing between themselves and Champions League football with six games to go – is encouraging to say the least given the season they have had – often mired with big wins only followed by unexpected defeats. Only behind Leicester City in the form table, thanks to four narrow wins in the last five league games, it is safe to assume that Van Gaal has finally stumbled upon something that works – just like the 4-3-3 formation he switched to last season.

But what has he changed now? It’s very subtle – yet it’s made a telling difference in games – at points when United would normally concede a chance, a goal perhaps, they haven’t; most of it, if not all, is down to the new position that Jesse Lingard has taken to playing since the beginning of March. If you had followed these last few games, the series of 1-0 wins for United, home and away, you’d have noticed the interchange of positions between Juan Mata who now plays on the right where he’s been his most productive and Jesse Lingard who now plies his trade in the middle of the park – just behind Rashford the striker, where he’s been rather industrious or shall we say, effective?

To be honest, Lingard does not possess the elite quality one would need in the final third to create plenty of chances for the strikers to feed off nor is he a player who could get 15-20 goals a season playing behind the forward. He’s what I would call ‘a utility player’, someone who is willing to work his socks off for the team to get over the line and Man United could do with more players of his ilk, especially at this stage of the seasons where performances mean nothing when they don’t translate to maximum points. Here’s a comparison of Lingard (courtesy Squawka.com) with the rest of the players in top sides – who are as versatile as him and have played as many as or in most cases more than him this campaign to understand where he stands among these very similar footballers.

It’s clear that Lingard has not created as many chances as his fellow English stars neither has he attempted as many shots for a player that more often than not finds himself in the final third. But for someone that plays in a system that focuses on possession and controlling the game and reduced risk – he’s done well to get 4 goals and 1 assist in 14 starts, in his first full season (unlike the others here).

As defensive contribution goes, Jesse is right up there with his fellow countrymen. He’s won almost as many tackles on an average per game as Adam Lallana (who plays in a high-pressing system of Jurgen Klopp) and made more interceptions than any other on the list. Interestingly, he’s made twice the amount of tackles as his predecessor Juan Mata who, thankfully, is rather more creative on the flanks (for the obvious lack of defensive work) debunking the general sort of myth that he is best through the middle.

It also validates what Jesse Lingard does on the pitch. He is the one that rarely gets applauded after a hard fought win, the likes of which United have managed to grind out in recent weeks – that what he does is so good that he gets unnoticed similar to a certain 34-year old used to, in the middle of the park. That does not make him a lesser player by any means and with Rashford and Martial to do the business in this crunch time of the season, scoring crucial winners for fun, it’s important that this youngster, who learned his trade at the Cliff training ground in Manchester, kept doing his, for them to push for that fourth and final place to ensure Champions League participation next season.

Code:
http://eplindex.com/76132/jesse-lingard-flourishing-louis-van-gaal-season.html
Old 23-04-2016, 06:43 AM   #163
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute

LINGARD SAYS HE AND YOUNG REDS ARE FEARLESS

Jesse Lingard says he and his fellow young Reds have a fearlessness which he believes has helped make an important impact this season and this will continue at Wembley on Saturday.

The 23-year-old has played over 30 games and found the net five times this term, while Marcus Rashford, Tim Fosu-Mensah and others have also excelled when given their chance. Rashford, in particular, has taken most of the headlines with seven goals in 13 games, including vital strikes against Arsenal and Manchester City in the league and West Ham United in the last round of the Emirates FA Cup.

Lingard says the younger players go into matches with no pressure or fear which he reckons has been key to the progress all have made in 2015/16. The opportunity to reach the FA Cup final is at stake in the semi-final against Everton at Saturday teatime and Lingard insists the Reds are determined to make it a memorable day for United fans everywhere.

"It’s a big one," he told MUTV . "We’ve been waiting all week for it and we’re full of confidence.

"Us young lads play football with pretty much no pressure, it’s like playing football with our friends. There’s that fearlessness but it’s also good to have the older, experienced lads like Wazza [Wayne Rooney] and Carras [Michael Carrick] to help us through stages of the game if things aren’t going quite right for you. For me, Marcus and Tim, it’s like you’re playing in the park having a kickaround but you’ve still got that motivation to win.

"It’ll be my first time to properly play at Wembley, which is going to be massive for me. We’ve got over 30,000 fans with us and all our family and friends will be there too so it’s going to be a big occasion and hopefully we can come out with the win."

Lingard is delighted with the steps he has made in the first team this season, having grown up a United fan and progressed through the youth ranks. Having the chance to play at Wembley is, as Lingard declares, "the icing on the cake."

"It’s kind of crazy when you think about it," he beams. "Growing up in the Academy and hoping and dreaming you can, one day, play for the first team week in, week out which I’m doing now; no-one can take that away from me. You start off small and then work your way up to the big things. I’ve just got to carry on and keep working hard.

"Wembley is the icing on the cake. If we get a win there, we know we’ll be in the final and that’s our aim."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/video-united-players-train-as-lingard-says-youngsters-feel-fearless.aspx
penk22_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #164
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

JESSE LINGARD : THIS SEASON WAS 'SINK OR SWIM'

Manchester United winger Jesse Lingard feels he has taken his chance at the club during a "sink or swim" campaign for himself, and declares the players are in good spirits ahead of the remaining five games.

The youngster has been a regular under Louis van Gaal this season, making 35 appearances in all competitions and registering five goals after coming through the ranks at Old Trafford.

Speaking exclusively to MUTV earlier this week, Lingard reflected on his progress and looked ahead to Sunday's Barclays Premier League encounter against Leicester City.

You've had a year to remember - would you say this has this been your breakthrough season?
"Yeah, it was pretty much sink or swim! I had to do well and take my chance, which is what everyone else has had to do. With the debuts and playing time that the youngsters have got, I think they’ve taken their chances and haven’t let anyone down."

Will you look to build on the goals you've scored this term?
"Definitely. It’s massive; goals win games at the end of the day. For a striker who’s playing high up the field, you need to be scoring a lot of goals. I’ve loved playing in the team this season and hopefully I can continue it into next season. You saw at the weekend the link-up play we can produce and the problems we can cause other teams, so I think the understanding is massive. As long as we work together, I think the goals will come."

What's the mood like in the squad going into the Leicester match?
"We’re confident. We’re on a roll now and the lads are buzzing. The atmosphere is great around the training ground and hopefully we can take it into Sunday’s game. I think every game leading up to the end of the season is going to be massive. We pretty much need to win all of our league games now to secure the fourth spot, and after that we’ll have a week to prepare for the FA Cup final."

Are the players still targeting the top four?
"We just need to win our games now – we’re not bothered about what the other teams are doing. If we collect 12 points between now and the end of the season, I think we’ll be in a good position."

You played for Leicester on loan in 2012. Can you believe how different things are now?
"I know, it’s a massive jump! I know a lot of their players; most of them were there when I was there as well, so I’m really happy for them that they can win the Premier League title. [To go from] where they were then to where they are now is down to pure hard work and dedication. Since Claudio Ranieri has come in, he’s really got them going. At the end of the day, I think they’ve got a really good team spirit and that’s why they’re so high up the table."

Do you keep in touch with Leicester’s ex-United contingent?
"Yeah, I message Danny Drinkwater now and then to see how he’s doing and vice versa. I’m just glad for those lads that they’ve got a massive chance to win the Premier League. They’ve been through our Academy and our youth system; they’ve got Manchester United engrained in them. They’re good lads, they work hard and listen to the coaches, which are two of the main things you need to do."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/jesse-lingard-previews-manchester-united-v-leicester-city-sunday-2-may-barclays-premier-league.aspx
Old 09-05-2016, 12:58 AM   #165
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

LINGARD CREDITS DUO FOR ROLES IN REDS WIN

Jesse Lingard feels Ander Herrera and Wayne Rooney deserve credit for helping Manchester United overcome Norwich City at Carrow Road.

While Juan Mata scored the only goal of a surprisingly low-key game, Lingard feels some of the spotlight should fall on Herrera, who started the match at short notice after Anthony Martial was injured in the warm-up, and also on Rooney who took the injured Frenchman's role as a lone striker.

"Obviously with Anthony getting an injury in the warm-up, we put Wazza up front and he did really well," Lingard told ManUtd.com. "He was a handful and also made a good assist.

"When players are out of the team, it can be difficult but Ander came in and gave us energy in midfield."

Lingard felt the warm temperatures in East Anglia made the United players' exertions, against a home team striving to escape the relegation mire, all the more commendable.

"The conditions were tough out there today - it’s a tight pitch, it was a battle and it was hot!" he admitted. "We aren’t used to playing in this weather but we’ll have to get used to it in the next couple of weeks - a massive couple of weeks for us.

"I thought we adapted well. We kept the ball for long spells while they sat back deep and let us play. That made it tough for us, but we found a way through in the end. I was expecting them to press more, but they let us play, we had time on the ball and it wasn’t until towards the end that they put us under pressure.

"We should have got more out of the Leicester game last week, so to bounce back with a win against Norwich was good.

"It's good to grind out the points like that. They all add up at the end of the season."

http://www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:38 AM   #166
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

REDS WILL COPE WITH UPTON PARK ATTENTION

Jesse Lingard says he and his Manchester United team-mates will not be distracted by all the attention on Upton Park this Tuesday night when West Ham United play their final-ever match at the famous ground.

The Hammers have called the Boleyn Ground home since 1904 but will bid farewell this week ahead of their move to the Olympic Stadium next season.

It’ll be an emotional night for everyone connected to the East London club and, with Louis van Gaal's men capable of overtaking fourth-placed Manchester City with victory, it is a huge fixture for both clubs. Lingard insists the players will be doing everything to ensure the final result ends up being memorable for the Reds, as it was in the Emirates FA Cup quarter-final replay last month.

"These are the games as a player you want to play in, the big-pressure games. We’re ready. We’ve been training hard," he told MUTV.

"Mentally, you’ve got to prepare for that [the attention around Upton Park] and we know there will be a great atmosphere. But we won’t let anything faze us on the day because we have a job to do which is to get the three points."

Lingard has featured in 37 games under van Gaal in his first full season for the senior team this term and become a key part of the squad. While his focus remains on the final three matches, one of which is an FA Cup final, the 23-year-old admits he’s delighted with his “mad” season.

“You think about the season but still we’ve got three games left and that’s what I’m concentrating on," he continued. "But, of course, to be playing over 30 games in my first Premier League season has been mad!

"It’s taken a lot of hard work to get here and it’s now about kicking on and looking ahead to the next two games and the final."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/May/jesse-lingard-says-manchester-united-wont-be-affected-by-attention-on-upton-park.aspx

Last edited by penk22_; 10-05-2016 at 07:42 AM..
Old 23-05-2016, 12:38 PM   #167
Riskur
Divisi IT
rizkikurnwn

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter

Lingard delighted to score Cup-winning goal

Jesse Lingard was bursting with delight after scoring the winning goal in extra-time to secure the FA Cup for Manchester United.

The midfielder, a lifelong Reds fan, said it was ‘a great feeling’ to be the match-winner in the hard-fought 2-1 victory over Crystal Palace at Wembley.

He told MUTV: “It was a massive feeling. To win it is great and ending the season on a high with my family and friends watching in the crowd.”

The 23-year-old, who came on as a substitute to replace Juan Mata, rifled home a stunning volley from the edge of the box in the 110th minute – and he admitted it was a sweet strike.

“It fell nicely for me to hit, I knew I had to catch it right and luckily I did,” added Lingard.

The Reds had to come from behind after Jason Puncheon’s opener but responded instantly through Mata’s effort before the substitute sealed a 12th FA Cup triumph for the club and he insisted the victory typified what the team is all about.

“It’s the United way – we showed great team spirit. We had the older lads in midfield and youth up front to guide us through,” he declared.

Old 14-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #168
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

LINGARD : TOUR IS "MASSIVE" FOR YOUNG REDS

Jesse Lingard believes the experience of going on tour with Manchester United in 2012 was "massive" for his progression at the club.

United's FA Cup-winning hero feels the pre-season trip to South Africa and China was key to his development as a player and he also spoke of the important lessons from that experience and others since.

Lingard is set to be part of Jose Mourinho's travelling squad for Tour 2016, presented by Aon, next month for friendly matches against Borussia Dortmund in Shanghai and Manchester City in Beijing.

Asked about the importance of tours for some of the squad's younger members, Lingard told ManUtd.com: "It’s massive for the young players. There are a lot of experienced players who go on tour.

"I remember the first one I went on and Rio [Ferdinand] was on it; he really helped me and guided me through it. There will probably be a lot of young players coming on this tour and we can help them now as well.

"As a young player, you look at the older lads and look at what they’re doing. They set very good examples and you want to follow in those footsteps. It’s about passing things on from each generation."

Lingard was part of the team that helped overcome local side Shanghai Shenhua when the Reds were last in the city four years ago but, with Dortmund and City the opposition in the International Champions Cup this time around, the 23-year-old is expecting a completely different type of test.

"I think it will help us," he insisted. "We play City throughout the season and we know Dortmund are a strong side. These are the teams you want to play against because they really test you."

Asked if the derby meeting at the Bird's Nest in Beijing will be played as a friendly, Lingard joked: "Definitely not! It’ll be a proper game. The season is only around the corner at that point and we’ll have to prepare right."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour-2016/Tour-2016-News/2016/Jun/jesse-lingard-why-pre-season-tours-are-vital-for-young-manchester-united-players-development.aspx
Old 16-07-2016, 07:03 AM   #169
penk22_
Divisi IT
penk@unitedindonesia.org

EIGHT QUESTIONS FOR LINGARD ON TOUR 2016

Ahead of the team's departure to China next week for Tour 2016, presented by Aon, we grabbed 60 seconds with Manchester United attacker and FA Cup hero Jesse Lingard to reflect on his last visit to China with the Reds.

Firstly, how much are you looking forward to the tour of China?
We’ve been before and it’s always a great experience. The fans there really love the club and it’s good for us to be able to give something back to them by going over to visit. It’ll be good for the young players as well to see what it’s like [on tour].

How would you describe the support you get from supporters in Asia?
They’re madly in love with the club! It’s good to see the love they have for United and like I said it’s good for us to give something back.

What are your memories of the 2012 tour which involved a 1-0 win over Shangahi Shenhua?
We were pleased to win the match and it was great to be in such a fantastic city like Shanghai. We explored the city a bit and it’s a wonderful place to be. It’s a great feeling to be going back.

Have you visited Beijing before?
I’ve not been before but I’ve heard about the Bird’s Nest and it’s supposed to be a great stadium; I’m sure there will be lots of fans packed inside there. To have a derby abroad is another new experience and we’ll be raring to go.

What’s the first thing you think of when someone says pre-season?
[Laughs] Running! That’s the main thing. It’s all about fitness and getting yourself right when you get back from your holidays because you’ve got to prepare yourself for the new season.

From a player’s perspective, what does a good pre-season involve?
The running part is an obvious feature because you want to be able to last 90 minutes in the first game and the ball-work is important because you’ve not kicked a ball all summer!

How tough can the training be?
It can be really tough and intense but it’s good to get away on tour so you can focus on your fitness work.
What’s the most enjoyable thing about the tour?
Playing the games. They’re every few days so you’re always playing and it’s good to visit other countries. And it’s also great for the young players to experience what it's like to be around the first team.[b]

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour-2016/Tour-2016-News/2016/Jul/Eight-questions-for-jesse-lingard-on-tour-2016-to-china.aspx
Old 09-08-2016, 07:43 AM   #170
alfiandrmwn
captain
Div. Kreatif

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube

LINGARD JOINS ELITE BAND OF UNITED SCORERS

Manchester United's opening goalscorer in Sunday's Community Shield win over Leicester City, Jesse Lingard, follows in a long line of players to net the first strike of a manager's reign as Manchester United manager.

Our list below details the first competitive scorers in the reign of United's permanent managers since the Second World War. One man has the distinction of doing this twice, as Lou Macari claimed the opening strike of both Dave Sexton and Ron Atkinson's tenures at Old Trafford.

All of the players bar Danish defender John Sivebaek can be considered forwards or attacking stars – and there are some famous names on the list, with the 'United Trinity' of Denis Law, George Best and Sir Bobby Charlton all featuring.

Robin van Persie also hit the opening league goal during David Moyes's spell in charge, in addition to his Community Shield double against Wigan Athletic, while Wayne Rooney's acrobatic effort against Swansea City was the maiden goal of Louis van Gaal's time at the helm.

First goalscorers in reign of permanent United managers since the war:
Jose Mourinho: Jesse Lingard v Leicester, 7 August 2016.
Louis van Gaal: Wayne Rooney v Swansea, 16 August 2014.
David Moyes: Robin van Persie v Wigan, Community Shield, 11 August 2013.
Sir Alex Ferguson: John Sivebaek v QPR, 22 November 1986.
Ron Atkinson: Lou Macari v Coventry, 29 August 1981.
Dave Sexton: Lou Macari v Birmingham, 20 August 1977.
Tommy Docherty: Ted MacDougall v Leeds, 23 December 1972.
Frank O'Farrell: Denis Law v Derby, 14 August 1971.
Sir Matt Busby: George Best v Middlesbrough, 5 January 1971.
Wilf McGuinness: Bobby Charlton v Crystal Palace, 9 August 1969.
Sir Matt Busby: Charlie Mitten v Grimsby, 31 August 1946.

Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2016/Aug/manchester-united-first-goalscorers-under-new-managers.aspx
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 134
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abishock, adnan44, aGhaa, ajier307, akbar15, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, ardie febrianto, arnaldo_x1, asririzky, Aziiz_rachman, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, demhyt, derry07cantona, De_Silvia, Dhanny09, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, giggs26, goodfron, gregoriussunu, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hariyant, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, hombreng, iamsetia, iam_adjie, id4y, ilz, il_capitano, indi30, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irhamutd, jarpop, jifortin, jojo poenya, jonajoni, Juni HW, junpriadi, Kurniawan Ani, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, lutviarfiansyah, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, NGqeEKznfi, normansyahrizal, octus, oldark, OSziXXoztn, paiman, panda777, penk22_, ravenscold, Rean, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, robby7beckham, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, serdadu merah, SR 7, stamansa, tapanoeliunited, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, UnitedNgawi, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, veibevriska, Victory, wahyou91, wazza ui, whoami, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku